Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They only released an image of the car -- no images showing Eliza being accosted or dragged into the car. I assume they have images like that since they are certain that she was taken against her will. Is it normal in abduction cases to not release that info?

I am going to say last night they were searching in the Overton Park and surrounding areas. Including the Old Forest Area of the park. Apparently, that search came up empty. It was based on tips. People were saying the dog park inside Overton Park. Nope that is never isolated. Actually although the park technically closes at dusk, it doesn't keep people out.
So tonight we have them searching a McDonald's dumpster in a relatively bad area of town apparently based on a tip from someone who may or may not work there. That clothing resembling what she was wearing might be located in a dumpster. How many pairs of blue shorts and pinkish tops are out there in dumpsters? Not to mention donation locations.
I have no clue if there is anything in there or not that is relevant to this abduction.
As far as the unnamed male said to have been detained while occupying the Terrain SUV, living in Memphis as long as I have, I have a feeling the vehicle may have been found by someone totally unrelated to this case. I am most likely mistaken, however the possibility is too strong to ignore.
In other words, in my scenario, perhaps it was stolen to begin with. (if it was stolen to start with when used to abduct Eliza, why not reported?) Maybe not. Then it was ditched again and may have even had the keys in it. These vehicles are known to "float around" all the time. Sometimes used for joyrides, and often used for crimes, including murders. If I recall correctly, that was the situation last fall in the murder of rapper Young Dolph.
At this point no one knows for sure.
One thing I am certain of is that the MPD is actively seeking tips. Where these tips are leading them may not be in the correct direction at this time.
The $50,000 reward being offered by her family is certainly a large sum in any city in these times. I believe there may be more than a few people hoping that their tip proves correct when it may be based almost if not entirely on speculation.
As in all cases like this one, everyone local gets drawn in. Naturally.
In my honest opinion, until there is a law enforcement statement saying directly that there has been an arrest, I will only follow them.
There is a huge river out there. The Mississippi River. It's been used to hide far too many crimes.
I am not sure it can actually be searched that thoroughly.
There's a road where so many stolen cars end up. Usually they have been set on fire. Unfortunately, so many murdered people end up there also. It's near Shelby Forest and it has quite the reputation. It dead-ends into a desolate area of that river. It is called Benjestown Road. :(
If she was kidnapped for ransom aimed at her family, we would have no way of knowing that fact. It would be absolutely not disclosed for obvious reasons.
As for me, until there is an absolute reason I can no longer do so, I will hold on to all hope for Eliza and continue to spread the word locally that she is missing.
Hoping for answers, while reading and waiting with all of you as always.
I just have to ignore all of the rumors. It hits me way too close to home. I could literally get in my car and go to all of these locations, but I'd rather attend a prayer vigil.
Chi in Memphis

Last edited:
Fair points, good call. How would they differentiate a call from someone who enhanced and identified from someone who sees the original unenhanced and identified someone?

Your point is a good one, just trying to think through how they narrow the focus. I appreciate your input regarding an article of clothing sometimes being what is identified and in turn helps identify the individual.
Well they would need to vet the tips. This would involve talking to the tipsters. Any police should be able to quickly assess a person's credibility even if they don't understand the technology. That is, in essence, what they do all day every day.

What is the source of the quote? I thought it was a Jeep.

The vehicle that was towed from her home is a Jeep Wagoneer. You can read the letters on the front of the hood.

I'm not sure about the vehicle they think is associated with the abduction. I thought it was probably a Grand Cherokee (also a Jeep) but the one they seized today looks like a Ford of some kind. ETA: I'm seeing now that it's a GMC Terrain? Is that correct?

Last edited:
As a local Memphian, I do find it very curious that police never conveyed a description of the driver. No BOLO, other than the description of the SUV. Praying intensely that answers are forthcoming and soon. Seeing her family today was gut-wrenching. Those poor children. I know they just want their Mommy home more than anything else. Heartbreaking.

As a local Memphian, I do find it very curious that police never conveyed a description of the driver. No BOLO, other than the description of the SUV. Praying intensely that answers are forthcoming and soon. Seeing her family today was gut-wrenching. Those poor children. I know they just want their Mommy home more than anything else. Heartbreaking.

Considering how dark it was, it's possible the cameras didn't capture anything more than a vague figure, especially if he wore dark clothing.

Considering how dark it was, it's possible the cameras didn't capture anything more than a vague figure, especially if he wore dark clothing.
Yeah, if you are struggling to even identify the vehicle (it took a while to even figure out the make), I don't see how you can identify a person.

This is part of why I’m thinking they think there may be a personal connection. They may not be concerned that he will strike again, and have therefore not wanted to tell everyone to lock down… MOO.

Edited due to error in original post.

Regarding the shears... maybe they asked if anyone had recently been to the house other than family, friends, etc. and maybe a landscaper had been there and used the shears and they took them for DNA?
Just trying to figure out why they were taken as evidence.

Daily Mail is reporting a front-page story that the police are in a standoff with someone in the apartment - in the article it states that this info is coming from another resident. I’m not sure how recent this update is and, well, sometimes DM gets ahead of itself. Has anyone read this in another source or heard any updates?

Suspect in search for missing Memphis heiress is apprehended

Daily Mail is reporting a front-page story that the police are in a standoff with someone in the apartment - in the article it states that this info is coming from another resident. I’m not sure how recent this update is and, well, sometimes DM gets ahead of itself. Has anyone read this in another source or heard any updates?

Let's just say that for the past several hours, I've wanted to throw my phone everytime I visited the page.

A raid was conducted earlier, and the suspect taken into custody. Thanks to this moronic click bait headline, it appears that there's some sort of standoff currently taking place.

It's not true.

I don't see a disadvantage to to releasing it. You might be able to tell general height, weight, hair style, etc. But of course I don't know what the image showed.

Let's just say that for the past several hours, I've wanted to throw my phone everytime I visited the page.

A raid was conducted earlier, and the suspect taken into custody. Thanks to this moronic click bait headline, it appears that there's some sort of standoff currently taking place.

It's not true.
I had a feeling that this was the case. Thanks! I knew I could count on someone here to set the record straight .

DM has had that story up for about 6 hours. Not clear what, if anything, is happening at that apartment complex now.

I don't see a disadvantage to to releasing it. You might be able to tell general height, weight, hair style, etc. But of course I don't know what the image showed.
The issue is that then you get bogged down with hundreds of tips, to include a bunch of women saying that the figure looks like their ex boyfriend.

My guess is they eventually found better footage, and perhaps a license plate.

No point releasing it then.

I think if they don’t need the public’s help to identity the man on the video as of today, there is no compelling need to release it now. And the downside is it could be incredibly disturbing to see Eliza being attacked and kidnapped especially for her family and friends and to be on the internet for all of time for her kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member