Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how much camera footage they have. They have video starting from when he left I-240 every couple minutes, tracking his vehicle to within a block of the crime scene where he left her.

Where were they searching the previous day? My guess is that they found cell pings for a protracted period of time at that location and that that's where he was coming from when he got off the highway. :(

@BradBrodersTV

New details in affidavit in #ElizaFletcher case: Person/Victor searched Monday after data from FBI, Fletcher found at 1666 Victor Street after investigators noticed vehicle tracks in high grass at vacant property. Fletcher's running clothes found at 1591 S. Orleans, in trash bag.

11:47 AM · Sep 6, 2022

A map showing where her clothing was found to where her body was found. It's all around the same apt complex where his brother lives. He really didn't take any care as to hiding either. Just seemed to dumped where convenient. moo

It disgusts me that he impulsively grabbed an innocent woman off the street, leaving his single shoe (slide) behind in the struggle to get EF into his vehicle, and took her to an area known to him where he was comfortable -- dumping her body without any regard for the life he took. At this time, the defendant's only concern was about getting rid of evidence where he tossed a garbage bag with EF's purple running shorts near the Longview Garden Apartments and where he reportedly also washed his clothes in the sink and cleaned the interior of the SUV.

Thank you for this!

Can someone remind me how LE knew to go the brothers home and question them? CA's residence and his brothers is quite a distance from each other.
My understanding is that the footwear at the scene led to a DNA match with the suspect. That led to accessing his cell phone data and presumably his locations.

These pictures absolutely infuriate me. Couldn't even be bothered enough to at least try to conceal her, beyond tossing her into some tall grass a block or so from the apartment he then went to, to clean up the suv and his clothes. He showed the suv far more concern than he did her. Well guess what, Pookie? You couldn't clean her out completely. She is still there, and she left a story to tell. And dumping her in that grass, not too smart. She was found quickly enough that she still has a story to tell. And those slides that you left behind. You might as well have left yourself in them. They have a story to tell. And you may as well have waved to the camera when you were committing your brazenly stupid act, bc I promise you there is more video than we have seen, and it not only has a story to tell, it shows it.

Eliza's story will always live on in the hearts of the many lives she touched in her far-too-short life here. You, Pookie? Your story is over. The End. JMO

Last edited:
I assume that CA was aware this property was vacant. No information has been given as to if the property was accessible but I don't think anything happened inside the property though or she would have been found inside. Common in neighborhoods in areas with a higher percentage of drug activity to have a vacant property used as a trap house. I imagine CA was familiar with the location well enough to know he wouldn't be seen and if he was any occupants wouldn't even care if they were high. Always a good idea to stay away from property like this in my opinion. In fact all of this is my opinion.

If you change the map date to July 2014, it shows what the house looks like with overgrown grass.

Thanks, @Gardenista -- I didn't even know that was an option with google maps! Here (July 2014), the rear steps are totally obscured by the tall grass.

These pictures absolutely infuriate me. Couldn't even be bothered enough to at least try to conceal her, beyond tossing her into some tall grass a block or so from the apartment he then went to, to clean up the van and his clothes. He showed the van more care than he did her. Well guess what, dude? You couldn't clean her out completely. She is still there, and she left a story to tell. And dumping her in that grass, not too smart. She was found quickly enough that she still has a story to tell. And those slides that you left behind. You might as well have left yourself in them. And you may as well have waved to the camera when you were committing your brazenly stupid act, bc I almost promise you there is better quality video than we have seen, and it not only has a story to tell, it shows it.

Eliza's story will always live on in the hearts of the many lives she touched in her far-too-short life here. You? Your story is over. The End. JMO
I know. That's what floors me. Had enough "sense" to try to clean the car and dump her clothes, but did he not think neighbors would notice an odor? Or that kids would come across her in a few days? We were all worried she may have been placed in the Mississippi River, never to be seen again. Grateful that he was at least as sloppy as he was, so that her family could come to some "closure" as soon as the authorities were able to provide it.

ETA: Esp when you look at the photos on the DM site. Looks like that home had a crawlspace or basement with no window. It's visible in the first shot with the policemen. She could have been placed there making it much harder to find her.

where he tossed a garbage bag with EF's purple running shorts

Those purple running shorts are going to remain in my mind for quite some time.

We were able to see them so vividly in that last picture of her running. Not the usual black and white grainy camera footage.

I imagine Eliza gave practically no thought about her shorts when she dressed for her run. Just like her murderer probably gave little thought to putting on his slide shoes.

Yet these items became crucial to solving her heinous murder.

Those purple shorts, found in the garbage and now evidence, are emblematic to me of this entire swerve from an innocent morning to unfathomable evil.

Jmo

@BradBrodersTV

New details in affidavit in #ElizaFletcher case: Person/Victor searched Monday after data from FBI, Fletcher found at 1666 Victor Street after investigators noticed vehicle tracks in high grass at vacant property. Fletcher's running clothes found at 1591 S. Orleans, in trash bag.

A map showing where her clothing was found to where her body was found. It's all around the same apt complex where his brother lives. He really didn't take any care as to hiding either. Just seemed to dumped where convenient. moo

Interesting. He had a car. He could have driven anywhere to put the bag in a dumpster. Not all stores have exterior surveillance cameras. Coffee shops and small businesses of that sort don't. He didn't seem to want to put effort into covering his tracks.

@BradBrodersTV

Thank God he is not the brightest bulb and he was in a big hurry

If no SA, then why did he lie in wait to kill her?

Not sure if it's helpful, but on realtor.com it says the house was last sold in 1951, and according to google street view, it looks like it was abandoned around 2013.
You can go to the local county GIS website and see if you can pull up property owner info.

Interesting. He had a car. He could have driven anywhere to put the bag in a dumpster. Not all stores have exterior surveillance cameras. Coffee shops and small businesses of that sort don't. He didn't seem to want to put effort into covering his tracks.

I don’t think he cared at all as he knew he would get caught as how couldn’t he. He didn’t even try and hide the body well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member