Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please join us in lighting candles for Eliza or doing an act of kindness today. Thank you.
1f64f.png
1f98b.png
1f64f.png
Yes.
A prayer and a piece of beautiful music:

FOR ELIZA

good post @CuriousCricket — he has a felony robbery arrest in June 2022 that is a case processing through the system. This might be part of a mindset of, screw it I’m going back to prison anyway (after less than 2 years out in decades) so what the hell. Criminal mindset in full effect.
The affidavit also stated there was a police report dated Thursday, September 1, 2022. Wonder what that was all about, did they make contact with Abston less than 24 hours before he abducts and kills Eliza?

Traffic stop maybe for the tail light damage on the car? Or accident report involving him and the car? Regardless, he gave MPD the Waterstone Oak Way address as his home.

My martial arts instructor told us all (repeatedly, over the years) that one critical time to fight/run from a person with a gun was in the event they tried to get us into a vehicle.
She said if they get you into a car, chances are you aren’t coming out of the situation alive, so even if they have a gun, take any opportunity tofight/run/do whatever you can to get away.

We know Eliza tried so hard. I’m still holding out hope she may be injured but still alive, though it isn’t looking good.

Edited to spell out her name.
That is exactly what we were told in self-defense classes I have taken. From what we’ve read, it sounds like she sure did put up a fight

I think the Bloodhounds will find her today.
I hope they do too! A couple of months ago my sister had a neighbor with dementia jog off at night. She lives in a very rural area. A coupe of hours later bloodhounds were brought in. They caught a scent and headed south, straining at the leach for several miles. They were finally retired for the night. The neighbor was found 8 miles north/west at an Everglades Levi by workers the next morning. They are wonderful workers but not always fool proof! Still, it was fascinating too watch them work!

According to the second tweet linked the MPD has the entrances to MLK Park blocked off which according to Google is a few minutes drive from the community center they appear to be staging at (first tweet). I wonder if the GPS on that GMC Terrain he was driving or his phone shows him going to several areas in the same general vicinity.

I lived in Memphis for 20 years…so hard to watch this unfold. So proud of MPD for their response. My heartbroken for Liza and her family.

MOO

Edited for spelling and clarity.

About as stupid as you would have to be to leave your shoes at the crime scene
Stupid. Yes.

However, this is what makes a predator (imo) like this so lethal. In that moment he.does.not.care. He’s laser focused on Eliza and his vile intentions. Afterwards, when it’s over and he disposes of her (imo it will be another careless, quick and easy to access location) he thinks about cleaning himself and car up. This guy is terrifying. Imo

I wonder who put up his bond?
Bond would have been $10k if they followed protocol without any prejudice for prior convictions which would have been $1000 with bondsman.

Class C Felony Theft​

Stealing property or services valued at $10,000 or more but less than $60,000 results in a Class C felony. A guilty person is subject to three to 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

I don’t presume to know the mind of criminals. But my instinct tells me she’s in the river. It seems to be a go to place in this area for dumping a body unfortunately. We had a local case earlier this year where boyfriend killed his baby’s mother and then threw the 2 day old baby in the river. I pray and hope I am wrong.
Yes it was this tragic case that broke all of our hearts.
"MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) - A young father charged with killing his two-day-old child and her mother admitted that he lured the woman to her death, then took the baby and threw her into the Mississippi River, according to details outlined in court documents"
." newborn Kennedy Hoyle, who was last seen in Memphis on Feb. 1, 2022. "
As far as I can find, he pled not guilty and her remains have never been found. So sad, but testament of what that river can hide. :(
RIP Kenndy.
Ok I truly have to stop for now and wait on a law enforcement update. Remembering this sad case while they are searching for an obviously "presumed deceased" Eliza is just too much right now.
Following with candles lit.
Also, personally having attended University of Memphis when it was Memphis State and knowing that area and the Orleans Street Area addresses from a previous college stint as a courier (you see all areas of Memphis doing that), although the areas are relatively close in proximity, I wouldn't consider the U of M area to be in this man's area of "comfort". Unless he picked up jobs or work of some kind in that area. He had no reason to be in that area at all.
Yes, very possible just a horrible person considering his previous record. Possibly sexually motivated as most seem to think. I am certainly not trying to be argumentative in any way.
I just don't see him as frequenting the U of M area in general.
Second image intersection where abduction occurred. ((Central Avenue and Zach H Curlin Street, Image credit: Google Maps)
The general U of M area.
I suppose if he is the predator he has proven to be, maybe he was cruising around and saw her and took her.
I don't know, but it seems to me he would know her jogging route if he was so familiar with that area.
I am stubborn in whatever red flags I may have in my thoughts...
Please find her,
Chi

Attachments

• Kennedy-Holye-and-Brandon-Isabelle.jpg
    Kennedy-Holye-and-Brandon-Isabelle.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Inline-Central-and-Zach-Curlin-Memphis.jpg
    Inline-Central-and-Zach-Curlin-Memphis.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 10
  • The-University-of-Memphis-Central-Avenue-Memphis-TN.jpg
    The-University-of-Memphis-Central-Avenue-Memphis-TN.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Bond would have been $10k if they followed protocol without any prejudice for prior convictions which would have been $1000 with bondsman.

Class C Felony Theft​

Stealing property or services valued at $10,000 or more but less than $60,000 results in a Class C felony. A guilty person is subject to three to 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
Thanks for this. So 1,000 wouldn't have been that difficult to come up with. If I had to guess it is the possible girlfriend who owns the GMC.. MOO and pure speculation.

The affidavit also stated there was a police report dated Thursday, September 1, 2022. Wonder what that was all about, did they make contact with Abston less than 24 hours before he abducts and kills Eliza?

Traffic stop maybe for the tail light damage on the car? Or accident report involving him and the car? Regardless, he gave MPD the Waterstone Oak Way address as his home.
Oh good catch about a police report on Thursday September 1. I haven’t seen anything come out detailing why he was in contact with police the day before this crime. Or any details about his June 2022 felony robbery charge.

ETA: we do know on Thursday September 1 he was at Malco Theatre at some point because the affidavit references that surveillance footage was obtained from that location showing him wearing the Champion slides. It could be he had contact with police at that location and that is how they knew to look for footage of him there?

Last edited:
Hoping you’re right, and she’s found today! However, if he managed to get to a river or another large body of water, this could take awhile. JMO.
Yeah, so I think there are going to be multiple crime scenes here.

You've got the point of abduction, to include a struggle in the vehicle. Then I imagine he drove to another location not too far away, where he ultimately murdered her. This location may also be where her body was dumped.

Then he dumps evidence at McDonald's, and drives to his brother's place where he cleans up.

He likely dumped further evidence in the dumpster there too.

Are any of these locations close to the Mississippi River? TIA

Last edited:
We have to consider that he thought he was going back to prison after the Theft Over 10k charge, just a matter of time before indicted? … He could have decided to commit a crime much worse specifically for the fame which would place him higher up on the prison food chain amongst certain groups, anyway. (Just speculating while we wait)

TBH, rapists are very low on the prison food chain. Murderers, burglars, drug dealers are OK, but all these criminals have girlfriends, wives, kids outside. It crosses all lines, this hatred or rapists or child molesters. In fact, this is exactly what CA won't want to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat