TN - Five killed in shootings at 2 US military centers, Chattanooga, 16 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe we have different definitions, because IMO essentially gun free isn't the same as gun free. Every base I've ever been stationed at had a sizeable collection of weapons.

A sizeable collection of weapons for training purposes.

Snipped from the above article I posted.

The gun-free zone sign is from the front of the recruiting station in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Army regulations are very clear saying that you cannot have firearms during one’s official duties (see Para 2-6b). It should be the same across all branches.
Here are interim rules from last year that clearly prohibit privately owned weapons from all federally leased land and that would include recruiters offices.

You will need to click on the screen shot below to enlarge the picture and see the gun-free zone sign.

10 worst examples of Christian or far-right terrorism
Conservatives claim that all terrorists are Muslim, but most violent attacks in the US are carried out by white men
http://www.salon.com/2013/08/03/the_10_worst_examples_of_christian_or_far_right_terrorism_partner/

Salon is a far left extremist publication and is also anti-American military. I wouldn't take anything printed by them to heart. Just sayin'

http://www.examiner.com/article/sal...ing-veterans-white-people-patriotic-americans

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/24/the_u_s_military_is_a_national_security_threat/

10 worst examples of Christian or far-right terrorism
Conservatives claim that all terrorists are Muslim, but most violent attacks in the US are carried out by white men
http://www.salon.com/2013/08/03/the_10_worst_examples_of_christian_or_far_right_terrorism_partner/

A LOT of those 10 examples were Anti-Abortion people and were not from 1 single organized religous group.

I think people get very confused when trying to compare past tragic multiple murder events and decades old crusades.

The thing people are missing is what is one of the main threats TODAY and is the threat an organized group that can be identified and can steps be taken to try to stop them? The answer is YES.

There is always going to be the next random nut job out there who commits mass murder. And some may even declare themselves to be a christian. But in this case of what happened in TN we are talking about a known enemy group that can be identified.

And so when you have a known enemy group that is organized, then steps can be taken to identify and stop them. And they are active today. They are a current active threat.

The next crazy single lunatic that decides to shoot up a theatre full of people like Holmes did in Colorado is always going to be hard to identify and stop. However the known existing enemy group which the TN murderer appears to be part of can be identified and they are a current known threat today. That is much much different from these examples.

Hatfield, I wish there was a LOVE button! "Thanks" is not enough. Perfectly stated and 100% correct. There will always be some "nut job" waiting to strike but when you have a group of people who have openly stated they wish to kill Americans, you don't just sit around wondering if they are serious and scratch your head when it does happen. :gaah:

Muslims of America Group Holds Downtown Rally in Response to Robert Doggart

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...own-rally-response-robert-doggart-18691.shtml

A group of people is upset about what a Signal Mountain man is accused of doing and the type of charge he is facing.
Robert Doggart is accused of plotting an attack on a Muslim community in New York.
Members from the Muslims of America group lead chants saying Doggart's a 'terrorist' and to charge him with a hate crime.

It appears this rally took place Monday in Chattanooga.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...ked-franklin-called-out-sick-week-18793.shtml

Chattanooga Gunman Worked In Franklin, Called Out Sick This Week

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WKRN) – Multiple sources, including coworkers, told News 2 Thursday night the gunman in the Chattanooga shooting worked in Franklin.

It’s believed Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, 24, of Hixson, Tennessee, worked at Superior Essex Inc. for at least the past three months.

The company sent this email to their employees: Superior Essex All Employee Communication

'We were shocked and deeply saddened that a three month employee of our Company was the gunman of the tragic incident in Chattanooga. Our thoughts are with the families of the victims as well as those injured.
We are cooperating fully with the authorities as they conduct their investigation.
At the Company’s request and out of an abundance of caution, law enforcement conducted a sweep of the facility and found no issues affecting the safety of our workers.
Our utmost concern is for the welfare of our Franklin employees. The Company is providing services through our Employee Assistance Program to those employees who would like help in dealing with this tragic event.
Please be assured that all appropriate employment processes were utilized and the Company had no indication that this individual was capable of inflicting harm.
As you might imagine, the Company is receiving numerous media requests for information. We want to remind you that it is our policy to refer media requests to our designated Company representative.'

One employee told WKRN he called out sick both Monday and Tuesday. It wasn’t clear if he did the same Wednesday or Thursday.
<snipped - read more>

4th slain marine named as Sgt Carson Holmquist

Rest in Peace [emoji631]

[video=twitter;622095013715914752]https://twitter.com/WBAY/status/622095013715914752[/video]

Sent via Tapatalk

Did you read the article? It's pretty clear. The list is "10 of the worst examples of non-Islamic terrorism that have occurred in the United States in the last 30 years." Not crimes. Terrorism.
OK, I get that you are speaking about mass-killings. But is a person who kills 10 people at once any different from someone who kills 10 different times? I will loudly call out whites who commit crimes, but lets also call out other races, religions, nutjobs, etc...
There is plenty of blame to throw around, but are we so PC that we have to turn a blind eye to the obvious?

ISIS- inspired attack - US House Homeland Security Committee Chair On CNN

[video=twitter;622104730366443520]https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/622104730366443520[/video]

Sent via Tapatalk

http://chattanoogan.com/2015/7/17/304376/Court-Papers-Say-Father-Of-Marine.aspx

Court papers say the father of Marine shooter Muhammad Youssef Abdullazeez beat his wife in front of their five children.

It was claimed that he had "sexually assaulted the plaintiff in the marital home when the children have also been in the home."

The complaint said Youssuf Abdulazeez had announced that he planned to take a second wife, "as permitted under certain circumstances under Islamic law, in the parties' native state of Palestine."

It said he "has frequently been verbally abusive to the plaintiff in the presence of the children" and that "on occasion, he has also been physically and verbally abusive towards the children, striking and beating them without provocation or justification."

More at link

Also, as in post previous the paperwork says the father was special officer [unarmed]. Since he was in the Water Quality Division probably had code enforcement duties. Really nothing like regular LE or even reserve type thing, imo.

Isn't that special about his family life. Seems like degradation of women is a signal of trouble to come in probably lots of killers.

The whole forum would die out if we'd rely on official 'facts' only, stopped sleuthing &speculating. Surely its allowed.

Sent via Tapatalk

Sluething is one thing. However, when I posted this it was because someone had come on here and reported that he killed his entire family before the shooting. This was quoted from a random comment on a Facebook page which was unofficial. Earlier, it had been reported by the media that the families house had been raided and people came out with their hands up. There is a difference. JMO

So we don't paint everyone with the same brush. Easy to point fingers and forget our own homegrown terrorists. There are plenty of hate groups and it seems like the loner crazies as well,

Who is painting with a broad brush? Seems more like deflecting rather than admitting the huge problem that this world faces with radical Islam. I fail to see the logic behind mentioning other crazy people hours after 4 marines were slaughtered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable to me that this thread has devolved into deflecting from the real cause of this act of terrorism. Very disrespectful to the fallen marines IMO. Hopefully someone somewhere is working diligently to form a plan to eradicate the world of this real and current threat to all humanity. Sadly based on the reactions of many of our leaders and ordinary citizens alike to this tragedy I fear more appeasement is in order.

Sluething is one thing. However, when I posted this it was because someone had come on here and reported that he killed his entire family before the shooting. This was quoted from a random comment on a Facebook page which was unofficial. Earlier, it had been reported by the media that the families house had been raided and people came out with their hands up. There is a difference. JMO

I agree. It would have been highly unusual, no islamic terrorist have killed their families, Better to check sources before posting such rubbish.

Sent via Tapatalk

Unbelievable to me that this thread has devolved into deflecting from the real cause of this act of terrorism. Very disrespectful to the fallen marines IMO. Hopefully someone somewhere is working diligently to form a plan to eradicate the world of this real and current threat to all humanity. Sadly based on the reactions of many of our leaders and ordinary citizens alike to this tragedy I fear more appeasement is in order.

I hear all the time from very liberal people that 'muslims in mosques pray for our fallen' true or not, but they surely believe that.

Sent via Tapatalk

O/T

Hopefully no new rampage.

NYPD on high alert, muslim looking people w/ rifles spotted

[video=twitter;622145438531981312]https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/622145438531981312[/video]

Sent via Tapatalk

heartbreaking anecdote from slain Marine's girlfriend:

SKIP WELLS
Lance Cpl. Squire Wells, who was known as Skip, was swapping text messages Thursday with his girlfriend of 2 1/2 years, excited that she had booked a flight to visit him in Chattanooga after months apart.

"Can't wait anymore," Wells texted. "Yes you can honey," his girlfriend, Caroline Dove, replied.

His next two words would be the last she'd ever hear from him.

"ACTIVE SHOOTER," he wrote.

She thought he was kidding: "You are so weird," she replied.

Hours of silence. "I love you," she tried. Hours more passed, the news out of Chattanooga becoming clearer. "Hon, I need you to answer me please," she wrote.

It would not be until Friday that she learned his fate.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...-marine-girlfriend-active-shooter-18802.shtml

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back