TN - Five killed in shootings at 2 US military centers, Chattanooga, 16 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
heartbreaking anecdote from slain Marine's girlfriend:

SKIP WELLS
Lance Cpl. Squire Wells, who was known as Skip, was swapping text messages Thursday with his girlfriend of 2 1/2 years, excited that she had booked a flight to visit him in Chattanooga after months apart.

"Can't wait anymore," Wells texted. "Yes you can honey," his girlfriend, Caroline Dove, replied.

His next two words would be the last she'd ever hear from him.

"ACTIVE SHOOTER," he wrote.

She thought he was kidding: "You are so weird," she replied.

Hours of silence. "I love you," she tried. Hours more passed, the news out of Chattanooga becoming clearer. "Hon, I need you to answer me please," she wrote.

It would not be until Friday that she learned his fate.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...-marine-girlfriend-active-shooter-18802.shtml

WOW omg :( Reminds me of "Let's Roll"...

On CNN, just now---

Chairman McCall of Homeland Security said that he believes the shooter was 'ISIS inspired.'

Local news just said he was let go at Ohio Nuclear Power plant because he failed to pass a background check.

On CNN, just now---

Chairman McCall of Homeland Security said that he believes the shooter was 'ISIS inspired.'

O/T, there has been a serial shooter in Colorado since the end of April..(see my signature). Through a lot of hard work and sleuthing by Foxfire and other members, a good possibility for a potentially viable suspect has been identified and submitted to the Task Force (comprised of secret agencies not to be revealed per LE, lol...seriously). The guy has ties to ISIS..he killed maybe beheaded his grandparents...While there's a strong chance imo the Colorado shootings could just be some random nutjob(s) with no ties to ISIS, I just wanted to say I think it is ironic that we have already been discussing this for weeks in another thread before this incident in Tennessee occurred.

*Everything is JMO)

Local news just said he was let go at Ohio Nuclear Power plant because he failed to pass a background check.

Reminded of 9/11 and Atta, etc pilot training in Venice, FL...

So, in this day and age post 9/11 they didn't do the bg check befooooorehand?

Homeland Security, hello!?!

heartbreaking anecdote from slain Marine's girlfriend:

SKIP WELLS
Lance Cpl. Squire Wells, who was known as Skip, was swapping text messages Thursday with his girlfriend of 2 1/2 years, excited that she had booked a flight to visit him in Chattanooga after months apart.

"Can't wait anymore," Wells texted. "Yes you can honey," his girlfriend, Caroline Dove, replied.

His next two words would be the last she'd ever hear from him.

"ACTIVE SHOOTER," he wrote.

She thought he was kidding: "You are so weird," she replied.

Hours of silence. "I love you," she tried. Hours more passed, the news out of Chattanooga becoming clearer. "Hon, I need you to answer me please," she wrote.

It would not be until Friday that she learned his fate.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...-marine-girlfriend-active-shooter-18802.shtml

Heartbreaking!!
RIP Skip!

(There are still deep wounds from 9/11 that will never heal...Maybe some of you out there feel the same.

Since I feel myself getting too emotional over here and sitting on my hands re: what I'd reeaaaally like to say I'm going to politely excuse myself.

God Bless Our Military and the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. It would have been highly unusual, no islamic terrorist have killed their families, Better to check sources before posting such rubbish.

Sent via Tapatalk

The fathers that kill their daughters...(there's a "Forensic Files" episode...)

I guess that obviously happens in all cultures, as seen here on this forum.

O/T, there has been a serial shooter in Colorado since the end of April..(see my signature). Through a lot of hard work and sleuthing by Foxfire and other members, a good possibility for a potentially viable suspect has been identified and submitted to the Task Force (comprised of secret agencies not to be revealed per LE, lol...seriously). The guy has ties to ISIS..he killed maybe beheaded his grandparents...While there's a strong chance imo the Colorado shootings could just be some random nutjob(s) with no ties to ISIS, I just wanted to say I think it is ironic that we have already been discussing this for weeks in another thread before this incident in Tennessee occurred.

*Everything is JMO)

Ironically, the moment CNN showed Chairman McCall make that claim, they immediately had two spokesman walk it back and deny it. They had an FBI spokesman and a Senator, BOTH of them saying there is no 'evidence' that this is connected to ISIS or even Islamic terrorism. :facepalm: SERIOUSLY???????

Ironically, the moment CNN showed Chairman McCall make that claim, they immediately had two spokesman walk it back and deny it. They had an FBI spokesman and a Senator, BOTH of them saying there is no 'evidence' that this is connected to ISIS or even Islamic terrorism. :facepalm: SERIOUSLY???????

Sometimes my head feels as if it could explode. SMH

Qmfr:

Reminded of 9/11 and Atta, etc pilot training in Venice, FL...

So, in this day and age post 9/11 they didn't do the nuclear bg check befooooorehand?

Homeland Security, hello!?!

Not to mention his name is Mohammed :facepalm:

I agree katydid23.. Seriously ??? FBI Counter-terrorism @Quantico, VA, you have a problem, imo..This is no time for political spin, imo..

A trip to Yemen, long viewed as a training ground for Islamic militants, would raise special concerns...
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/07/17/uk-usa-shooting-tennessee-idUKKCN0PQ21520150717

Probe into Chattanooga shooting suspect turns to Mideast travel

U.S. authorities believe the suspect in the fatal shootings of four Marines in Tennessee visited Jordan last year and possibly Yemen as well, two U.S. government sources said on Friday, as investigators looked for any connection to Islamist militants. Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, a 24-year-old Kuwait-born U.S. citizen, who the FBI identified as the shooter, died on Thursday in a firefight with police after he killed the Marines and wounded three other people in a rampage at two military facilities in Chattanooga.
<snipped - read more>

I agree katydid23.. Seriously ??? FBI Counter-terrorism @Quantico, VA, you have a problem, imo..
A trip to Yemen, long viewed as a training ground for Islamic militants, would raise special concerns...
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/07/17/uk-usa-shooting-tennessee-idUKKCN0PQ21520150717

Probe into Chattanooga shooting suspect turns to Mideast travel

U.S. authorities believe the suspect in the fatal shootings of four Marines in Tennessee visited Jordan last year and possibly Yemen as well, two U.S. government sources said on Friday, as investigators looked for any connection to Islamist militants.Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, a 24-year-old Kuwait-born U.S. citizen, who the FBI identified as the shooter, died on Thursday in a firefight with police after he killed the Marines and wounded three other people in a rampage at two military facilities in Chattanooga.
<snipped - read more>

yup. The FBI guy said essentially, just because his name was Muhammed Yusef, and it was the last day of Rammadan, and he shot at our marines, and he had traveled recently to the Middle East, that does not mean he had any contact with any extremist groups or was acting on their behalf. What a fine line the FBI is walking. :no:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Who_knows_18
Back