TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many people go through depressions and frustrations, and it would depend on someones 'internal dictionary' so-to-speak as to whether they classified that as a 'psychiatric issue' or not. Where a friend or relative might just say someone was a little 'blue' a person with the background of a pharmacist would think of depression as a psychiatric illness. It is also a distinct possibility that she put on her 'best face' for all the people that did not live with her 24/7.
The children are at an age where I would think it would depend on the individual children whether or not they could be trusted to be alone. Some kids can be trusted by age 12 or 13 to well look after another smaller child, while other kids can't be trusted even when they've turned 30.
As a mother it is always hard for me to imagine another mom leaving her children for any reason, and especially leaving her children with a man that she feels is abusive towards her....However, it sadly happens a lot.
Maybe she took her kids to the lake house for one last vacation and mommy-time with them before she took off...if she was depressed maybe she had the wherewithal to leave her kids with their father. If she wanted to get away and be left alone, maybe she thought if took the children with her there would be more of a search. If the police were called to a domestic disturbance and no one was arrested, maybe it was just a very loud argument.
I can imagine the possibility that the banks sent some sort of mail stating the PIN numbers were successfully changed.
Doesn't it seem that when things of this nature happen and children are involved it is rare we ever get to hear anything that the kids said?
I hope this lady is safe, and just wanted out of the marriage.
Meanwhile if this husband is innocent of doing her any harm, he needs to STFU about the money and be GDFN glad he has his children.

re: WalMart ping
and again, to confirm, this is on May 2(?)

of all the facts? in the case
this is the one that generates the most questions/suspicion

it's also the one that should have generated the most searching but it hasn't. if gail took off to lands far away, why ping there on may 2nd? she, or at least her phone, was obviously nearby. She took off with 30,000 dollars in jewels to hunker down on the mountain and not use her credit cards or call her siblings to tell them she's at least alive? Is she pawning her way through the shops of chatanooga without a driver's license? interesting story.

Shadoewz, Welcome to WS. Great for post! Ita with your last sentence.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of their arguments were about "paranoia"...it's classic if someone accuses you of something wrong, to accuse them of being paranoid. whether gail made any other accusations recently besides suspicious car activity, we do not know...what's more, when someone is doing you wrong and won't admit it, people do become extremely paranoid about the smallest things...doesn't always make them mentally ill...just that they know something is up and they're not being told the truth.

what's that saying?

"Paranoia is reality seen on a finer scale"

it's also the one that should have generated the most searching but it hasn't. if gail took off to lands far away, why ping there on may 2nd?

The two day gap is :waitasec:. Where was the phone pinging on those two days? Also it seems someone, I don't know who, became paranoid over Gail being officially being reported missing and flyers being handed out and tossed the phone. JMO of course.

If he recognizes she is in a fragile state or anything could send her into a tail spin wouldn't filing for separation,custody and exclusive use of their family home possibly send her over the edge to do something even more desperate like suicide? if she is suffering from delusions, paranoia, and other unstable signs and symptoms why would he choose to exacerbate an already bad situation? There is plenty of time for him to do all of that, once she has returned. I almost see this as turning the knife.

I keep seeing comments to the effect that he lawyered up after her disappearance, but I find this difficult to believe, given what I know about the legal process. I think he had his lawyer in place and had drafted papers already.

It's a process: Getting an appointment, having the initial consultation which is a very detailed conference, retaining the lawyer who then drafts the papers which are detailed documents (and given the public media reports, it appears that several different documents were involved), having another conference to review the documents and possibly revise them, and finally signing and filing them with the Court. Then, I'm unclear about when exactly the hearing was to take place, as in which Friday that was to happen. Has that hearing already happened? If so, even the court schedule must have accommodated an emergency hearing.

He reported her missing on May 2 and then got all this done and papers filed by May 6? Either he had several of the steps already done or had a sense of extreme urgency to pay the lawyer to work overtime in order to complete the process and have it all filed by May 6.

The timeline bothers me. He hardly had time to be shocked and get his thoughts together before setting off on a very deliberate, curious plan of action.

re: WalMart ping
and again, to confirm, this is on May 2(?)

of all the facts? in the case
this is the one that generates the most questions/suspicion
I am working on that for you right now.

what's that saying?

"Paranoia is reality seen on a finer scale"

in my family, when my father was cheating on my mother, my mother was pretty paranoid, a lot of the time. not saying anything definite about them, it's just what happens sometimes with couples. it has the capacity to mess with someone's head to an extreme degree.

dimples let's assume this is the case because it is entirely possible that gail was suffering from some sort of mental breakdown or problem.
This makes the dh's response even more bizzare,imo.
If he recognizes she is in a fragile state or anything could send her into a tail spin wouldn't filing for separation,custody and exclusive use of their family home possibly send her over the edge to do something even more desperate like suicide? if she is suffering from delusions, paranoia, and other unstable signs and symptoms why would he choose to exacerbate an already bad situation? There is plenty of time for him to do all of that, once she has returned. I almost see this as turning the knife.

Additionally, I concur with others that geographically distant relatives may not have a grasp on Gail's mental health, but I would find these symtoms of paranoia and delusions awfully tough to hide from close friends. One friend, I think it was Arlene Dunham? said she talked to Gail every day. How could Gail hide delusions and paranoia from her gf every single day? Plus,imo gf's share and talk. Her friend would have to know she was exhibiting at least some signs of mental illness. Were these signs and symptoms only apparent to her dh? Delusions are pretty tough to hide and they don't turn on and off at will.

Was your dad the only person that knew of your mother's troubles?

In addition to what you've posted, wouldn't it also make NO SENSE, IF Gail was in such a fragile state as the husband has said, that that evening when they had the fight that resulted in 911 and LE's arrival , that NEITHER the husband or LE would allow Gail to take the children under those circumstances?

Just curious,
IMHO
fran

In addition to what you've posted, wouldn't it also make NO SENSE, IF Gail was in such a fragile state as the husband has said, that that evening when they had the fight that resulted in 911 and LE's arrival , that NEITHER the husband or LE would allow Gail to take the children under those circumstances?

Just curious,
IMHO
fran

apparently he was only worried she would steal them after they arrived back home safely?

For the record I just spoke to my brother-n-law and he and my sister-n-law did exit Signal Mtn via the W Road on the afternoon of the 28th of April, the day after the storms hit our area. He stated there were no down trees blocking traffic on the road...

Just caught up on this story and have a question..Since husband supposedly filed a restraining order does that legally prevent him from searching for his wife? Because technically if he were to go looking for her, he would be violating the restraining order he filed. KWIM?

Some random things that crossed my mind while reading the thread. All IMO
1.change of address... anyone can walk into a post office and get a change of address card to fill out. sometimes they are just laying on a counter somewhere.
2. changing of pins.....know the right security questions/passwords and you can usually do it online or over the phone without ever talking to a real person
3.missing jewelery.... just because someone says something is missing doesn't really mean it is missing.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6489928&posted=1#post6489928

Forums4Justice is working on a timeline for us in the Timeline forum. So if you have any entries you would like to have added, please leave them on his profile page visitor messages. Just click on his user name and choose "View User profile" you can leave the info there.
be sure to include a link to the info so he doesn't have to research everything.

Thanks

We had a somewhat similar case we followed here on Websleuths at the end of 2009 and into the spring of 2010. Same story, wife had mental issues, jumped in her car and took off...................missing without a trace. Well, her car was located in a different jurisdiction which unfortunately, resulted in a delay in the case, because the proper jurisdiciton didn't find out for several days. But the way the car was found, left the mystery even more suspicious, or maybe suspenseful. It was found alongside the highway, car still running, door open, contents of some of the victim's purse laying along side the car.

Of course everyone suspect the last known person to see the victim, her husband. The only thing the husband cared about people suspecting him, is he wanted the attention spent on his finding his wife and not about what he may have or not done to her. This wasn't about him. This was about his missing wife!

Media interviews
Media broadcast news.
Pleas for his wife's safe return
Pleas to anyone who may be keeping her safe, to just let the family know she was ok
A join of forces with the victim's family, ie her mom and dad.
Personal media appearances, WITH the victim's extended family to talk about his missing wife.
Physical searchs in the area where the victim MAY have been.
Calling all hospitals, clinics, psychiatric facilities.
Keeping his wife's story out in the public' eye.

While we followed the case here on Websleuths, there was speculation that the husband may have harmed his wife. Not everyone thought he did, but that was being put out there within their community as well.

What did the husband do? Well, one thing, he joined Websleuths and posted a few times on his missing wife's thread.

If this was me and my loved one was missing, I'd speak to the media to let everyone know, including my missing loved one, that we wanted them home and plea for her safe return. And if the loved one didn't want to be found, just let LE know they're ok so everyone can go on and move on and do what needs to be done.

Here's a link to an article and Today show appearance regarding the similar case followed here on Websleuths. Nothing is to be inferred by this article and video regarding Gail's disappearance. Other than it was two missing wife's, mother's, sister, who was in a fragile state and went missing without a trace. Just for comparison and how these things develop.

I believe the ball is now in the family's court. We'll see who and IF continues to keep this story alive. After all, the husband may have protected his children and his ASSETS, but WHERE IS GAIL? I believe the only thing that will get public opinion away from the husband, is for him to do the right thing. Plea for Gail to come home, or at least contact her family so they know she's ok.

JMHO
fran

PS>.....a little FYI..................the wife's father is a prominent attorney out of Florida. Knowing that the husband was being talked about by many that he may have done something to his wife, doncha' think he would have advised him to stop talking to LE and the media if it put him in danger of being arrested for his wife's disappearance? curious?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35866399/ns/today-today_people/[/url

What are the colours of the plate -- background and lettering?

Did Gail have a passport?

TY

With the location of the ping....it makes me feel like she got partway down the mountain or just to the base, of her own volition or no, via w road or signal mountain road, and never made it out to the freeway, or turned towards cherokee/suck creek rd and didn't go very far. at least not in that time period. they should do a helicopter search IMO....red is an easy color to see...might be dangerous to search some areas on foot...I wonder if anyone she knows got any mild physical injuries around that time...scratches that might be missed if you are not looking for them. have the police reviewed the highway cam??

am I correct in seeing that those towers around the walmart, if they were one of the ones that pinged, have a two-three mile radius?

Thing IS...friend tried to wave, said she'd never seen her like that before. Was it her?

I think the answer lies within her kids. They know who dropped them off and if their father was at the house or what Gail told them where she was going off to if she was the one that dropped them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb