TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the info that came out this weekend (that we are officially discounting but my brain isn't that smart), I have more hope for the first time that Gail is still alive and out there.

If MP could manipulate her, in her fear, with maybe having her declared incompetent, I could actually see her leaving over this. I could see him undermining her confidence with how he did most of the parenting until the last summer, how she wasn't working, how she didn't have family nearby to support her with the kids and how she was paranoid and cracking up.

Of course she could recognize her anxiety but could also know that he is capable of arranging things. I think going to the lawyer friends and having them turn on her would confirm that he is the one people believe.

But then there was the earlier comment that they may have met on the mountain on her way down and that has been my fear all along.

Any chance anyone has his VIN to see if any car repairs were made on his vehicle during the timeframe that is unaccounted for after her disappearance?

I really want her to be okay.

FWIW, this is gonna sound crazy, but I wonder if GP holed up in a hotel somewhere around there that afternoon she came down the mountain...the closest one I could find to that WalMart was a Cherokee Motel and it happens to have a really 'creepy' review
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ews-Cherokee_Motel-Chattanooga_Tennessee.html

Another thought I had, hoping that she IS alive, is what if she made it to a larger city like Birmingham or Atlanta, and wound up at a homeless shelter?? I Do know someone in Atlanta that works with one of the missions, I can see if she can get any info****.....

eta- ****I have contacted her to see what suggestions she may have as to how to go about seeing if GP may have utilized any homeless services in the metro ATL area

FWIW, this is gonna sound crazy, but I wonder if GP holed up in a hotel somewhere around there that afternoon she came down the mountain...the closest one I could find to that WalMart was a Cherokee Motel and it happens to have a really 'creepy' review
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ews-Cherokee_Motel-Chattanooga_Tennessee.html

Another thought I had, hoping that she IS alive, is what if she made it to a larger city like Birmingham or Atlanta, and wound up at a homeless shelter?? I Do know someone in Atlanta that works with one of the missions, I can see if she can get any info****.....

eta- ****I have contacted her to see what suggestions she may have as to how to go about seeing if GP may have utilized any homeless services in the metro ATL area

In reference to myself I would love to believe she, as well as LE up on Signal Mtn, realized she was in extreme danger and she is in hiding somewhere out there until it is safe for her to return home to her children, unfortunately my head, my heart and my gut all tell me she didn't find a safe haven to escape to on April 30th...JMHO

ETA.. I can't imagine GP or anyone ever wanting to check in to the Cherokee Motel..JMHO

hmm, I was thinking in reference to a hotel, is that she may have been 'found' there and foul play ensued from there....
and if she was totally frightened and wanting to get away and fleeing an 'attacker', maybe she hit the road out of there as fast as possible and wound up further away, maybe in a larger metro area....where it is easy to get lost, in more ways than one.
I do a lot of thinking out of the proverbial box, sorry:blushing:

hmm, I was thinking in reference to a hotel, is that she may have been 'found' there and foul play ensued from there....and if she was totally frightened and wanting to get away and fleeing an 'attacker', maybe she hit the road out of there as fast as possible and wound up further away, maybe in a larger metro area....where it is easy to get lost, in more ways than one.
I do a lot of thinking out of the proverbial box, sorry:blushing:

BBM. Thats possible however anyone who lives in the area would know one of the last places anyone who was seeking a safe haven would voluntarily want to go to would be the Cherokee Motel.. JMHO

ETA.. IMO.. No need to ever apologize for thinking out of the proverbial box..JMHO

but...what if 'she' didn't 'choose' to go someplace like the Cherokee?? It not like , ahem, someone would force her to a relative's house... to do harm...unless a relative was involved , in it too...right...maybe??? Wouldn't that someone force her to a more unusual place....some place they would not normally be seen? And considering the time frame before the missing reports came in...could someone have been up to sumpin???

but...what if 'she' didn't 'choose' to go someplace like the Cherokee?? It not like , ahem, someone would force her to a relative's house... to do harm...unless a relative was involved , in it too...right...maybe??? Wouldn't that someone force her to a more unusual place....some place they would not normally be seen? And considering the time frame before the missing reports came in...could someone have been up to sumpin???

In reference to myself I believe it was a MFH and yes, I do believe wherever Gail was that afternoon wasn't of her own volition...JMHO..

Perhaps the phone pinging last on May 2 is as simple as: her minutes were running out. She decided she wanted a non-traceable/pay as you go phone and picked up a Wal-Mart phone. She wouldn't care about her old phone and planned to use a Straight Talk/pay as you go phone.

But then I still think it odd she didn't contact close family in all this time.

Perhaps the phone pinging last on May 2 is as simple as: her minutes were running out. She decided she wanted a non-traceable/pay as you go phone and picked up a Wal-Mart phone. She wouldn't care about her old phone and planned to use a Straight Talk/pay as you go phone.

This was my thought in the beginning. With the old one being monitored this makes perfect sense. It is what I would do. However, as time went on and none of her friends, relatives or especially her children heard from her, this just does not seem to be the case.

Gails' behavior on the 30th, as related by Diane and Suzie, show a very frightened and upset Gail. It implies that she was threatened to return the children. IMO

I agree that intelligent Gail should have realized that she did not have to return the children at all. But I too have been in that horrible confused state and know that logic is sometimes not available to the distraught. I can see her thinking that to return them temporarily would buy her time to finish getting her plans in order. It seems that pressure had been stepped up a bit in the last few days and things were getting out of control fast. This is MY opinion and take on what may have happened. I just wish knowing/feeling this somehow would bring us closer to finding her. :(

People keep thinking that she remained in the area, but is it possible she picked up a phone a Walmart as someone suggested and she threw her old phone? She could have been out of the state of TN in a matter of hours. She had a two day head start before anyone was the wiser that she was gone. I pray with all my heart that she's still out there a live and in hiding. She could have made it halfway across the country in two days, which I've done myself when I lived in TN. This is just another thought.

ETA.. I can't imagine GP or anyone ever wanting to check in to the Cherokee Motel..JMHO[/QUOTE]

Me either. Besides, her vehicle would have been too recognizable. I have wondered all along if she REALLY was driving her Rubicon or was another woman/man disguised as a woman in that vehicle. I know she was seen but how certain are we that it was her since she feared that someone was following her. There are a lot of unanswered questions for certain. At first, I thought she might have gone to a safe house but as time goes on, I don't believe that either.

I would be thrilled to pieces to hear that she was safe and sound and could be re-united with her precious children but sadly I feel she has gone the way of all the other endangered species wives out there who are missing.

Just my thoughts.

A lot of people think Straight Talk (or similar) pay as you go phones are untraceable- when in fact they are quite the opposite. You have to register to activate when purchased. If you don't activate, the purchase is still registered by sale location. And then (if actively using minutes) one can trace back to purchase location as well as provider.
(Little known fact!)

still have that feeling if Gail went to a safe house of some sort she would have never driven back home. She would have went straight there with the kids instead of the house that morning.

We know nothing of phone records correct? My thought is after she called the people who said they spoke to her that morning on her way home she received another call perhaps from MP and the plan changed---drop the kids at home and meet him somewhere else to talk....just speculating. With everything that was going on something made her take the kids home and leave without them and it had to be a darn good reason she did that.

I know it can be a very normal practice to leave kids at home alone at this age for a short time under normal circumstances. We all know with what was going on, I don't think she would have dropped the kids and left on her own. JMO. Even looking at the phone records if MP called her it is not unusual. He could tell LE he called to see when she would be arriving home. But what if he did call and changed the plan, wanted to meet her alone to talk and not in front of the children....and it was just a trap of some sort. Again JMO and just thinking out loud.

After having just completed an extensive GEarth 'fly-over' of Signal Mountain and the surrounding area....whew, and exhausting, I might add....one thing I couldn't help but realize is: there are so many places for a vehicle and person to disappear via accident or be disappeared deliberately on SM and in the surrounding area (in any direction)...there is such a vast quantity of dense vegetation and so many bodies of water, it is mind boggling!

Having said that, I did notice that the W road comes down the mountain ending in close proximity to where MP's mother lives on Mountain Creek Rd. And MP stated he was running errands with his mother close to the time Gail dropped the children off at their SM home. Further, MP reportedly arrived at the SM home around 12:25 pm on 4/30 as witnessed by neighbor SB while Gail left the SM home around 12:15 pm as witnessed by SB.

I still hold to the theory that Gail and MP may have quite possibly traveled the same road (W road) at approximately the same time on 4/30 and....fill-in the blanks as you see fit.

I will add that I do know what a control freak is like when they are out on the highways and biways when it comes to exhibiting their controlling behavior in the form of road rage.

After having just completed an extensive GEarth 'fly-over' of Signal Mountain and the surrounding area....whew, and exhausting, I might add....one thing I couldn't help but realize is: there are so many places for a vehicle and person to disappear via accident or be disappeared deliberately on SM and in the surrounding area (in any direction)...there is such a vast quantity of dense vegetation and so many bodies of water, it is mind boggling!

Having said that, I did notice that the W road comes down the mountain ending in close proximity to where MP's mother lives on Mountain Creek Rd. And MP stated he was running errands with his mother close to the time Gail dropped the children off at their SM home. Further, MP reportedly arrived at the SM home around 12:25 pm on 4/30 as witnessed by neighbor SB while Gail left the SM home around 12:15 pm as witnessed by SB.

I still hold to the theory that Gail and MP may have quite possibly traveled the same road (W road) at approximately the same time on 4/30 and....fill-in the blanks as you see fit.

I will add that I do know what a control freak is like when they are out on the highways and biways when it comes to exhibiting their controlling behavior in the form of road rage.

I was enroute to St. Johns Island in the Carribbean on the 30th of April but I do know from speaking with friends who were here in town that weekend there was much activity going on in the city and on Signal the Saturday after the storms came through on the 27th. We had insurance adjusters from all over the country who were in town, utilty workers were everywhere and they came in from other areas too as well as tree cutters from all over came in to help with the cleanup... I seriously doubt Gail met up with foul play in the form of road rage on either the "W" Road or the main road that goes up and down the front of the mtn..JMHO

Regarding the telephone. Here we have a woman that is calling friends,relatives and SMPD regularly and often.
Then she calls no one.

No phone use that I know of after her last calls she made as she was heading down the mountain. A ping on 5/2, that I ASSUME is her phone dying somewhere in the mountain area. At the beginning I thought she may have tossed it and was picking up a batphone.
The only problem with that is if she was going to get a bat phone-she must have planned on calling someone and to date-she hasn't.

Gail is not gone on her own,imo. I think that notion is too far fetched and cannot imagine any scenario where that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee