TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That article is great, Sleuthy1, thanks!

Now we know how Gail got those cash receipts:

(Arlene) said Gail was able to check Matt's Hilton Honors records and found that he had paid for a number of motel stays that she had been unaware of in Chattanooga and elsewhere. She said Matt had paid cash, but there was a record of the stays that she was able to access because he had gotten credit toward Hilton Honors reward points.

That $30K in missing items seems to definitely include family heirlooms per Arlene, who says Gail gave them to someone in Birmingham:

She said Gail left some jewelry and some of her mother's jewelry with the friend.

And Matt did return early from that trip on the 29th:

She said Gail told her that Matt was due to fly back into town on Friday at 11:35 p.m. from the conference. But she said he was back before noon.

This article is unbelievable, it answers so much.

Maybe they should search his GF's place?

Wondering if part of the $40K he ask GP for was for the house or car of TH? ....grrrrr. .I'm so mad right now I could spit nails.

Wow, okay, so the conference in MN is confirmed per the news and mominboots. When the news says MP and TH met in another location, I wonder if they mean Pennsylvania? That would be a weird coincidence for them to be in in Pennsylvania when that 2011 Pennsylvania Insurance Fraud Conference that almino mentioned a couple of days ago, was being held. The dates for it were April 25 and 26. But neither MP nor TH sound like they have jobs that would require attendance to an insurance fraud conference.

I suspect the journalist just got confused because there's overlap in the dates of the conferences.

I don't think the fraud conference has anything to do with it because it's for PA companies only. Maybe she saw a specific car she wanted on the net in PA and they decided to reroute to PA for that purpose? Would either of them have ties to that area? Other family or former work associates...freindss? :waitasec: Maybe a former co-worker who now works for a company in PA...and they were attending the PA conference? Maybe one or both were job hunting...since he said he was filing on the next Tues.? I've have to think about all this for awhile....and cool off! Arlene's making things complicated...........pssft *&*^%#.

We all need friends like Arlene....you go girl!

Wonder what color Matt's tidy whities are tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sleuthy for update. Fantastic article.

That $30K in missing items seems to definitely include family heirlooms per Arlene, who says Gail gave them to someone in Birmingham:

Caught in another lie. He said the family jewels were his family's.

Good point. JMOO but if she was involved in anything related to Gail then maybe she traded the old car due to evidence?

I hope LE searches for the car if it exists.

Another thought. You may be right. MP did know that GP was writing down plate numbers, and hopefully the make of the vehicle following her. Maybe they figured it would be best to get rid of the car? ????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4332045...tn/t/palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/

In this Article it states that he hired an investigator to look for GP?

IMO the girlfriend and he likely knew they'd be fired once put on paid leave - knowing that the company would go through all records with a fine-toothed comb.

MP states that the children's passports are missing - why would he be concerned about that.. (hmmm). I smell a rat.

Good point. JMOO but if she was involved in anything related to Gail then maybe she traded the old car due to evidence?

I hope LE searches for the car if it exists.

If she did, the police are surely onto it...but vehicle trading was before the 30th wasn't it?

We have talked about Matt's irrational behaviour and being led by little heads. Since we now all know about the frequent withdrawals and his blowing through cash....can we take that further and speculate what someone may need it for? Especially someone with the contacts he has? Especially what a wife with the appropriate background might observe in his behavior and the interpretation she might apply? This may not be appropriate to discuss at this point though...Arlene didn't take that step yet.

Another thing the article reminds us about...under all this stress and pressure, think again how smart and clear thinking Gail has been (even down to providing essential items for all the girls on a trip, not just her own) . What brought them all back to Signal Mountain that day with no word to Arlene?...it cannot possibly have been something trivial or blown out of proportion by a stressed out wife. Whatever this was, it must have been absolutely huge and extreme and had to be addressed immediately. She had the whole drive back to plan how to address the situation...so dropped the kids where she knew they were safe and then zoomed off to sort it out...calling her sister as she left (do I have that right?). Diane may well know what she was about to do (JMO thoughts)...so I'm guessing the police do too? The police silence began shortly after Diane arrived, they were quite "chatty" until then. Seems unlikely that what Gail was doing back here was un-connected to her husbands doings...just as unlikely for her not to be planning to return. I am more confident that the police really are doing their job. Hope it's not misplaced!

Scary thing is though, that with all this money being spent....that's a whole bunch of very nasty people to get involved with if Gail planned to meet any of them that day?? JMOO

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4332045...tn/t/palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/

In this Article it states that he hired an investigator to look for GP?

IMO the girlfriend and he likely knew they'd be fired once put on paid leave - knowing that the company would go through all records with a fine-toothed comb.

MP states that the children's passports are missing - why would he be concerned about that.. (hmmm). I smell a rat.

like he was planning a trip and may need them....but summer vacation was coming and so maybe it's not relevant....because you would take a nice relaxing vacation if your wife had gone missing.....wouldn't you???!!

His investigator IS being paid to look for her

I smell a rat and a bunch of other names that I am not gonna say ^(^((^#$@%$^^*^) to protect myself from a TO. Big grin....but the way this man was treating HIS WIFE, THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILDREN (sorry for yelling but this pizzles me off) is horrendous...taking money from her retirement?? WTF? Twice she gave him that kind of money....oh you better bet I would know exactly to the dam* penny what that son of a biscuit eater spent that money on....unfreaking believable!

snipped

What brought them all back to Signal Mountain that day with no word to Arlene?...it cannot possibly have been something trivial or blown out of proportion by a stressed out wife. Whatever this was, it must have been absolutely huge and extreme and had to be addressed immediately. She had the whole drive back to plan how to address the situation...so dropped the kids where she knew they were safe and then zoomed off to sort it out...calling her sister as she left (do I have that right?). Diane may well know what she was about to do (JMO thoughts)...so I'm guessing the police do too? The police silence began shortly after Diane arrived, they were quite "chatty" until then. Seems unlikely that what Gail was doing back here was un-connected to her husbands doings...just as unlikely for her not to be planning to return. I am more confident that the police really are doing their job. Hope it's not misplaced!

My goodness, I think you're right: She had to rush back for something important and dropped the kids off before going where she needed to. That would explain the distraction and not acknowledging Susie, as well as the phone call Diane described as "bizarre". Matt said he wasn't at the house yet, so it's possible she could have met him at a separate location. It would explain why she left the kids at the house, since we already know she didn't like to talk about their problems in front of the kids.

But what could he have said to bring her back so fast? She already knew Matt was having an affair and had said he was going to divorce her. She already knew he was using lots of her severance package money. I can't even begin to imagine what he could have said that would have made her rush back, because she pretty much knew everything already.

Does anyone know if LE has spoken with the PI that Gail hired to follow her husband? I am also very suspicious of this TH's whereabouts on the day Gail went missing. Could she have called Gail to meet with her?

JMO

I'm so far behind in this forum.. Hopefully, I can read everything that has happened and will be able to comment later

Could she have talked to her PI and found out about the PA trip....or maybe we haven't heard all the story yet....what all was said when MP called and told her he was filing?

I can't believe she gave this man 40K knowing what he was doing? There are some things---financially that just don't add up, tbh, but I'll hold back for the time being. I think there is more coming...some more twists.

I'm thinking (at the moment) that MP or TH made the change of addy, just because of the comment he made that he didn't know how long she had been back from AL.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139342"]OK OK - Looking for info on murder victim found 5/28/11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A recently found UID is being compared to Palmgren.

<snip>Signal Mountain Woman's Marriage Was Crumbling Before She Vanished
She Carried Out Her Own Investigation Of Husband's Affair<snip>

WOW...a must read...for all http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

Wow. WOW. I feel sick, sad and angry after reading that. I figured that Arlene had a wealth of information she hadn't shared yet, and I'm sure there is more.

I'm shocked about the retirement account withdrawals... $20k x 2?! I realize that my husband and I are not as well off as the Ps, but we would only withdraw from our retirement accounts in an emergency. I wonder what he did with the money?? Gail probably knew, and maybe Arlene does too. And then there were the frequent cash withdrawals by MP - $400 every couple of days... no wonder she changed the PINs on the accounts in her name. :(

So the conference WAS in MN... but it's not clear if MP ever even flew to Mnpls. At first I was thinking that he flew to the conference location, but didn't attend any sessions and drove home with TH. But the article just says that he "was not seen at any of the conference sessions and that he met Ms. Helton at another location and they returned by car to Chattanooga." Maybe he didn't even go to MN... maybe he wasn't even registered for the conference (do we know)? He could've just used the conference as a cover story. I'm still trying to figure out where TH bought that dang car, LOL. Not sure if it's even important, but it may be.

Oh, Gail... what happened on the 29th/30th that made you drive home so quickly without saying goodbye to your best friend? That is the question.

ETA JBean, hugs to you. I can't imagine what this is like for you. I understand your concern over Arlene's admissions in this article - I was surprised by her sudden "info dump", but I think you are right that she is beside herself and doesn't know what else to do.

Arlene, if you are reading this you are a wonderful and loyal friend... but be careful and stay safe. Thank you for everything you've done to find Gail.

Oh nooooo!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like her. :(

Yeah, it really does. :( Though, it says this woman was 5'1" to 5'5" and Gail is 5'8" - could they be that far off on the victim's height? Also, do we know if Gail's tubes were tied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay