TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about what and who Gail gave things to. Random, pattern, simply convenience? Really just thinking out loud...Different states, relationships, and mode of delivery, interesting.

Just thinking about what and who Gail gave things to. Random, pattern, simply convenience? Really just thinking out loud...Different states, relationships, and mode of delivery, interesting.

It is interesting, MacKat. Worthy of thought and discussion.

I've wondered that too and it seems like it was maybe motivated by a sense of urgency? JMO, but it seems like when she had time, early on, she turned things over to Arlene in a planned manner, but right before she disappeared, she was handing things out left and right to whomever she trusted that happened to be nearby.

... is this another story to make him out to be a monster...

Confused, as some others have said--such as Columbo's post I just read--I think most people would be THRILLED if Matt had nothing to do with Gail's disappearance. Even those of us who don't like Matt very much want the best for the children! For the time being at least, they've lost one parent. I hope they won't lose the other one to the judicial system. Truly.

I can't think of any "new" negative remarks made tonight about Matt. It's just a higher concentration of it maybe, because it appears several of us (definitely me, I'll admit) are frustrated with the court proceedings today.

And I really would like to hear an innocent explanation of why he objected to the provisions of the ex parte order. What couldn't wait until July 11? I think most posters think of the money, and that it appears he wants to drain the assets. It doesn't make him look good. KWIM?

<modsnip>
Either way, I know you're still pedalling uphill and it can't be easy. Matt doesn't have many cheerleaders on the thread.

The jewelry for instance, goes to a "couple friend". He happens to be an attorney, planned or happenstance? The husband returns the jewelry and makes some nasty remarks, but the wife...as far as I know has not made a public statement. Did Gail trust her and the wife gave it to her husband because she trusted him? Does that make any sense? I assume there is a reason Gail trusted them with thousands upon thousands of dollars in jewelry.

Neighbor Susie gets a Gail's passport. Diane gets $17,000 (is that a strange number).

snipped...

The jewelry for instance, goes to a "couple friend". He happens to be an attorney, planned or happenstance? The husband returns the jewelry and makes some nasty remarks, but the wife...as far as I know has not made a public statement.

Just wanted to clarify that we don't know if the attorney "Mr. G" made a nasty comment or not. We only heard Matt's lawyer claim that "Mr. G" said Gail was "flat f-- up."

I bring this up not to correct you or anything. It's just something Matt's lawyers did that sticks in my craw! It's two lawyers, Bryan Hoss and "Mr. G", and who but them would know how inadmissible hearsay is? Yet they're engaging in it in the media to "help" Matt, knowing people in any future jury pool would possibly hear that.

I've wondered that too and it seems like it was maybe motivated by a sense of urgency? JMO, but it seems like when she had time, early on, she turned things over to Arlene in a planned manner, but right before she disappeared, she was handing things out left and right to whomever she trusted that happened to be nearby.

Just jumping off your post if you don't mind, it reminded me of something I forgot to ask...but is it possible please for someone to contact, I don't know, Arlene, Diane, Clive, someone in GP's family, and find out Gail's time of birth?

You can reply by quoting Leomoon's original post (I linked it below) or you can post the answer here and I'm sure an awesome poster here will forward the information to Leomoon...

I believe it is within TOS for me to mention the incredibly gifted Forensic Astrologers we have here at WS, and specifically - a request made by Leomoon80 for the time of birth nformation

Link to Leomoon's post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6536082&postcount=238"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only - # 2[/ame]

Please let me present a snippet of Leomoon's post, and it concerns me greatly. I do not know anyone personally from this case, although I feel drawn to helping find Gail for many many many reasons, and it could *very* easily be me in her position. And I would want people to try anything to find out the truth.

<snip>
yet in Gail's case, we really do need her time of birth for it's quite difficult to see IF she herself brought the harm upon herself, or another did so.

Thank you so much Jade for saying this. You are not the only person who feels this way.

The overriding opinion (modsnip) on FB is that Gail is a weak, beaten down woman, who's overbearing, dominating, ogre of a husband constantly abused and berated her. People seem blind to the fact that Gail is a very strong minded, intelligent woman. She knew what she was doing and did what she wanted to do. No matter how desperately the public wants Matt to be guilty of this, thus far the authorities have nothing, NOTHING that suggests he has done anything wrong. (yes, he has had an affair, and while I truly believe that to be disgusting, men and women do it each day, and don't have to face this). The facts are that Gail drove up to the home, dropped the kids out and drove away. Do I think Gail is a victim? I don't know what Gail is at this time. All I know for sure is that she is missing!

I did feel a bit sick today, before the hearing, when certain people were almost foaming at the mouth, hoping that the judge would agree to the siblings demands and make life even harder on Matt and the children. Thankfully the judge remembered what this case is about.

All of this is of course, JMO.

bolded by me.

Shouldn't this complaint be made at FB, confused? The FB people are the ones you think are saying that. This is Websleuths and speaking for myself, this is not the impression I have of Gail.

Someone in an MSM article said Gail is polished and soft-spoken, not to mention intelligent, which is exactly the impression I have of her. She sounds like a person with fine-honed sensibilities and it wouldn't require an outright overbearing abusive monster to wear down someone like that.

I apologize if I'm dragging the discussion in a direction we want to get away from, but I felt the FB aspect needed to be addressed.

It is interesting, MacKat. Worthy of thought and discussion.

Agreed, and WHY hasn't she picked them up? I am not here really to take sides, because we do not know the situation first hand what happened behind closed doors.

I have a theory that concerns me more that if MP had the discussion of the separation/divorce with the kids prior to the planned 'together' talk at the lake house (since he never arrived), the kids may have stated they may choose to stay with MP.

Even though GP was a stay at home mom from last June, 2010, 8 years were basically on the road making money for her family (and I assume why they had as much money as they did, nice homes, etc.). She did what she had to do for her family. Huge sacrifices, IMO. One can assume, MP was the stable home in AL, KY, and in TN, until GP was laid off June, 2010. I recall she started for Novartis in June, 2002. AD, I recall, stated she did travel for her job and would be home on weekends, etc., and I believe where the 'she would go off and still keep in touch with the kids' statements may have come in. IMHO.

But, I would imagine MP would come home from work, picked them up at afterschool daycare or I believe once his mom lived with them? (not sure), anyway, we can imagine he was close to them and vice versa (not that GP wasn't), but, presumed he fed them dinner, helped with homework, tucked them into bed, and was there when they were sick, in probably most cases. IMHO.

What would be more devastating to a MOM then this happening??? I say this because I have seen this happen personally. It was a manipulative thing too, and I am not engaging in that because I have no knowledge, but this Dad did get custody. Nonetheless, who could promise the children the consistency of 8 years prior, what the children know, and they would have only been 1 and 3 (I think) when GP went to work with Novartis, respectively. JMHO and concern this may be a possibility. Not sure if I can say this and understand if taken out, but I have personally seen pictures of the family and the daughter is very clingy to MP, that said a lot to me. IMHO I just hope he continues to be the doting Dad he professes to be and does the right thing, as far as the children are concerned.

If close friends and family have specific knowledge that this is completely wrong, I welcome those thoughts. :twocents:

Makes you wonder how he spent that $40K.

I've wondered about that, too. Possibly to help buy a new car during the last week of April?

The $400 every other day is easy enough to explain, it's the $40K I'm scratching my head over. He traveled a lot, but I suspect that sneaking out of that conference to go somewhere else wasn't just about fraternizing with a coworker, but probably had a lot to do with his expense account and BCBS paying for travel expenses, JMVO. So if they had paid for some or all of his travel expenses before he was fired, where DID that $40K go?

snipped...

Even though GP was a stay at home mom from last June, 2010, 8 years were basically on the road making money for her family (and I assume why they had as much money as they did, nice homes, etc.). She did what she had to do for her family. Huge sacrifices, IMO. One can assume, MP was the stable home in AL, KY, and in TN, until GP was laid off June, 2010.

I thought Matt traveled a lot for his work, too? I had the impression they both traveled which is why his mom lived with them for a while.

Agreed, and WHY hasn't she picked them up? I am not here really to take sides, because we do not know the situation first hand what happened behind closed doors.

I have a theory that concerns me more that if MP had the discussion of the separation/divorce with the kids prior to the planned 'together' talk at the lake house (since he never arrived), the kids may have stated they may choose to stay with MP.

Even though GP was a stay at home mom from last June, 2010, 8 years were basically on the road making money for her family (and I assume why they had as much money as they did, nice homes, etc.). She did what she had to do for her family. Huge sacrifices, IMO. One can assume, MP was the stable home in AL, KY, and in TN, until GP was laid off June, 2010. I recall she started for Novartis in June, 2002. AD, I recall, stated she did travel for her job and would be home on weekends, etc., and I believe where the 'she would go off and still keep in touch with the kids' statements may have come in. IMHO.

But, I would imagine MP would come home from work, picked them up at afterschool daycare or I believe once his mom lived with them? (not sure), anyway, we can imagine he was close to them and vice versa (not that GP wasn't), but, presumed he fed them dinner, helped with homework, tucked them into bed, and was there when they were sick, in probably most cases. IMHO.

What would be more devastating to a MOM then this happening??? I say this because I have seen this happen personally. It was a manipulative thing too, and I am not engaging in that because I have no knowledge, but this Dad did get custody. Nonetheless, who could promise the children the consistency of 8 years prior, what the children know, and they would have only been 1 and 3 (I think) when GP went to work with Novartis, respectively. JMHO and concern this may be a possibility. Not sure if I can say this and understand if taken out, but I have personally seen pictures of the family and the daughter is very clingy to MP, that said a lot to me. IMHO I just hope he continues to be the doting Dad he professes to be and does the right thing, as far as the children are concerned.

If close friends and family have specific knowledge that this is completely wrong, I welcome those thoughts. :twocents:

bolded by me.

Wow, happy409--this is a mind-blowing theory and could very well be true. It certainly could be possible. I really couldn't imagine anything more devastating to a mom than to have this happen. Rejection by your own children! Too sad.

ETA: I don't truly know what the travel /work situation was like between the two of them. I know it's been reported that the children were close to Gail....but I still say your theory is well-thought out.

snipped...

I thought Matt traveled a lot for his work, too? I had the impression they both traveled which is why his mom lived with them for a while.

Based on his linkedin and press releases previously posted on WS, he worked in AL, lived in AL, worked in KY, lived in KY, and then moved to TN for his BS position and lived on Signal. I only heard AD say GP traveled to FL, AL, etc., for work, but I could be wrong. IIRC, maybe MP's mom stayed until they settled off the mountain after the move from Florida or prior to GP's layoff. Just my :twocents: JMHO

• The word Matt has chosen is "abandoned." I'm curious as to whether you believe that word is appropriate for the circumstances.
  • May I ask which portions of the ex parte order would have made life harder on Matt and the children between now and July 11?

• What, from your perspective, is the case about?

BBM-Well, that would all depend on the way their household did things. First let me wonder did Matt actually use that specific word? I just don't remember if HE, himself did, or was that a quote of a quote of a quote. I truly don't remember, so just checking.

Now, at my home, we do not allow our children to be alone. We never have, and probably never will. At 12, they are probably old enough to be there for a while, but we have decided (my husband and I) that we don't want to do that and so if I were to come home and he had done exactly as Gail did, yes, I would call it abandoned. Again, this is something we have discussed and we have agreed upon in regard to caring for our kids. So, if Matt and Gail had a similar understanding as to the care of their kids, I do think it is appropriate.

I didn't say that anything would make life harder between now and July
11th. I don't think I mentioned July 11th.

I think I have stated my perspective about this before, but this is about finding Gail. Not playing who done it, or toss the kids, just finding her. We seem to get away from that a lot.

Changing in a positive way

Although you are right about them being wary...it seems strongest in reverse. The kids are very welcome and are sorely missed in the homes of some of their friends. Does this help explain some of the silence that is complained about? Gail is not here, her kids need their friends, her friends care about that.

And Gail is the one perceived as paranoid. ???

This has baffled me from the beginning also.

Snipped by me.

Other than what you read on the net, what reason do you have to think that GP just ran off?? I understand you are being critical of posters judging an MP they don't know, but aren't you also ascribing motives to a GP that you don't really know all that well? How does the OP know that GP needs justice, I don't know, but how do you know she doesn't?

<modsnip>
I am also not trying to be critical of anyone, but to make the assumptions and statements that have been made against Matt or anyone solely because he is the husband and that's how it normally happens in these cases is WRONG.

Finally, no, I am not ascribing motive to GP. The facts that are known are: she drove home from AL, she dropped the kids off, and she drove away. You can't get any more simple than that. Where she went or what she did is the big question, and I couldn't even venture a guess.

BBM-Well, that would all depend on the way their household did things. First let me wonder did Matt actually use that specific word? I just don't remember if HE, himself did, or was that a quote of a quote of a quote. I truly don't remember, so just checking.

Now, at my home, we do not allow our children to be alone. We never have, and probably never will. At 12, they are probably old enough to be there for a while, but we have decided (my husband and I) that we don't want to do that and so if I were to come home and he had done exactly as Gail did, yes, I would call it abandoned. Again, this is something we have discussed and we have agreed upon in regard to caring for our kids. So, if Matt and Gail had a similar understanding as to the care of their kids, I do think it is appropriate.

I didn't say that anything would make life harder between now and July
11th. I don't think I mentioned July 11th.

I think I have stated my perspective about this before, but this is about finding Gail. Not playing who done it, or toss the kids, just finding her. We seem to get away from that a lot.

Ok, well as to point #1, I remember the word "abandoned" in the court documents as well as quoted in the media. I do not recall if Matt was actually quoted as saying that word, but his lawyers, who work for him, have used it repeatedly. And so, you bring up a good point. What was the norm in the Palmgren household in this regard? Or...is this a question you can't answer because you haven't been verified? That's why I wish you would be verified. You might actually be able to be less frustrated yourself while also helping us find a few reasons to like Matt a little.

On point #2, I thought your reference was to the ex parte order "making life harder on Matt and the children." Once there had been a hearing, it would have no longer been ex parte if the order had been confirmed. The hearing was set for July 11, so where was the urgency? That's part of why Matt's PR rating is so low around here right now. It seems to point to an urgency to get to the money.

On point #3, you had said you were glad the judge realized what the "case" was all about. I thought you were referring to the court case filed by Diane and Kevin. That, to me, is separate from the "case" of finding Gail. The court case, I thought, was to set some guidelines on how things operate while we don't have those answers about what happened to Gail.

The jewelry for instance, goes to a "couple friend". He happens to be an attorney, planned or happenstance? The husband returns the jewelry and makes some nasty remarks, but the wife...as far as I know has not made a public statement. Did Gail trust her and the wife gave it to her husband because she trusted him? Does that make any sense? I assume there is a reason Gail trusted them with thousands upon thousands of dollars in jewelry.

Neighbor Susie gets a Gail's passport. Diane gets $17,000 (is that a strange number).

IIRC, Susie also got cash to hold on to. Also, it was reported Gail had ask other neighbors to hold on to stuff----but it was never stated if in fact they did. Could have been the result of panic attacks/ugency, but the disbursement is very odd. I have wondered if this was her way of reaching out to others for help and validation. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro