TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]
I am also not trying to be critical of anyone, but to make the assumptions and statements that have been made against Matt or anyone solely because he is the husband and that's how it normally happens in these cases is WRONG.

Finally, no, I am not ascribing motive to GP. The facts that are known are: she drove home from AL, she dropped the kids off, and she drove away. You can't get any more simple than that. Where she went or what she did is the big question, and I couldn't even venture a guess.

bolded by me

Confused,
I hear your frustration. I pray that Gail is alive and that those sweet children's father can yell I told you so from the top of the mountain. However, there are more facts known than those you stated. I am not talking about hearsay and rumors from those who may or may not know this family. When a marriage is troubled and one simply vanishes, people look inside the marriage. They just do.

bolded by me.

Wow, happy409--this is a mind-blowing theory and could very well be true. It certainly could be possible. I really couldn't imagine anything more devastating to a mom than to have this happen. Rejection by your own children! Too sad.

ETA: I don't truly know what the travel /work situation was like between the two of them. I know it's been reported that the children were close to Gail....but I still say your theory is well-thought out.

IMHO, I do not have knowledge of travel situations, only what has been said/rumored, so speculation. I NEVER meant to insinuate the children were not close to their mother or vice versa, just speculation who may have been with them the most in a day-to-day situation, or knowing what could hurt a mother the most in a pending divorce situation, even if it wasn't completely decided at that time, the thought of it is bad enough. JMHO.

THis might be a good time to copy over a section of our rules and etiquette:
Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.

If you can't post it, don't.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

<modsnip>
I am also not trying to be critical of anyone, but to make the assumptions and statements that have been made against Matt or anyone solely because he is the husband and that's how it normally happens in these cases is WRONG.

Finally, no, I am not ascribing motive to GP. The facts that are known are: she drove home from AL, she dropped the kids off, and she drove away. You can't get any more simple than that. Where she went or what she did is the big question, and I couldn't even venture a guess.
HI Confused. Those are not the only known facts and it is an oversimplification of what we know. Gail was in touch with LE and family the day she disappeared. She was scared to death. She was coming off a DV call the day before. Her dh was having an affair and they were in deep financial trouble. She felt as though she was being followed and was paranoid about her safety.There is more too.

Those are essential parts of the puzzle too.
I do not know what happened, I do not know if Matt is involved. But to ignore the signs that it is even a POSSIBILITY would be careless.

snipped...

I thought Matt traveled a lot for his work, too? I had the impression they both traveled which is why his mom lived with them for a while.

I must have missed something on this as today was the first time I had heard it. Does any one know the approximate time period? TIA

Based on his linkedin and press releases previously posted on WS, he worked in AL, lived in AL, worked in KY, lived in KY, and then moved to TN for his BS position and lived on Signal. I only heard AD say GP traveled to FL, AL, etc., for work, but I could be wrong. IIRC, maybe MP's mom stayed until they settled off the mountain after the move from Florida or prior to GP's layoff. Just my :twocents: JMHO

IIRC, there is a space of time when Matt was working in AL and Gail had begun her employment with Norvartis in KY. I want to say 2 years. 2002-2004, but don't hold me to that. There was discussion about her traveling between KY and AL at the time because of the distance/commute.

Given all the people investigating and determining physical areas where she or the Jeep could be (trails, mine shafts, etc.), posting legal documents and links to media articles, links to flyers and vigils and search efforts, and Gail's friends who are posting here who are heartbroken that their friend is missing, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this.

I agree that there is a lot of discussion about the facts and a lot of good ideas that are posted on this thread. Everyone does genuinely want to figure out where Gail is and bring her home safe. That being said, there are also a lot of conclusions that are drawn and negative opinions posted about MP that leave people with the feeling that things on here are not exactly balanced and unbiased. All reasonable scenarios should be able to be posted, but I also have had some issues with feeling as though any scenario in which MP is not guilty of causing GP's disappearance are not well received.

While it is true that most "good mothers" would not willingly leave their kids, it is also true that it DOES happen for a variety of reasons. It is just as reasonable of a scenario that GP could have walked away as a form of control as it is that MP had a hand in it. GP could be setting MP up and making his life miserable because she had lost control of him. It is well documented that she was preparing for something, maybe she was planning to leave him. If there was a total of $40k taken from her retirement, maybe it was never given to MP and maybe it was taken out to fund her going into hiding. There are a lot of "maybes" that I feel are overlooked because GP has been declared a "good mother". Please don't take this as me saying that she's not.... I am certainly not judging her. I am simply pointing out that there are a lot of cases where people will say "she wouldn't do that".... and the woman does. JMO, of course, and sharing my thoughts.

IIRC, there is a space of time when Matt was working in AL and Gail had begun her employment with Norvartis in KY. I want to say 2 years. 2002-2004, but don't hold me to that. There was discussion about her traveling between KY and AL at the time because of the distance/commute.

I recall from AD she had the comuting job, unsure where the 'home base' was, but 2002-2004 they were both in AL based on the following article.

"From 2002 to 2004, Palmgren was the clinical services manager at BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama." from http://www.bcbst.com/about/news/releases/default.asp?release=283

From same article above; "Before coming to BlueCross, Palmgren was the director of clinical pharmacy programs at Humana, Inc. in Louisville, Ky."

MP actually worked for Humana in KY in 2004-2009, and then to TN for BCBS position, as we are aware of. FWIW

bolded by me.

Shouldn't this complaint be made at FB, confused? The FB people are the ones you think are saying that. This is Websleuths and speaking for myself, this is not the impression I have of Gail.

Someone in an MSM article said Gail is polished and soft-spoken, not to mention intelligent, which is exactly the impression I have of her. She sounds like a person with fine-honed sensibilities and it wouldn't require an outright overbearing abusive monster to wear down someone like that.

I apologize if I'm dragging the discussion in a direction we want to get away from, but I felt the FB aspect needed to be addressed.
:twocents:I READ THE bghn FACEBOOK PAGE EVERYDAY I don't see any of what you are saying about it(FB) to be true....am I misunderstanding when you say FB....you mean the BGHN site....is this correct? If so,I don't see anything like what you have suggested on that page at all.:twocents:

Can someone please point me to the links where the $40k is talked about? I don't remember who started that idea floating around and how we know it's fact. Thanks!

Per this article:

Arlene said Gail told her that Matt became pressed for cash and he asked her to withdraw $20,000 from her retirement account. She said Gail told her that money was gone in three weeks and Matt asked for another $20,000, which she assented to.

She said Gail told her she went to their bank to review the records and was startled to find "that Matt was getting $400 every couple of days from an ATM."

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

I recall from AD she had the comuting job, unsure where the 'home base' was, but 2002-2004 they were both in AL based on the following article.

"From 2002 to 2004, Palmgren was the clinical services manager at BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama." from http://www.bcbst.com/about/news/releases/default.asp?release=283

From same article above; "Before coming to BlueCross, Palmgren was the director of clinical pharmacy programs at Humana, Inc. in Louisville, Ky."

MP actually worked for Humana in KY in 2004-2009, and then to TN for BCBS position, as we are aware of. FWIW

Right, he was working in AL from 2002-2004 and she started with Norvartis in KY in 2002. So for those two years I'm assuming she communted. ??

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gail-palmgren/5/774/51b

Confused, as some others have said--such as Columbo's post I just read--I think most people would be THRILLED if Matt had nothing to do with Gail's disappearance. Even those of us who don't like Matt very much want the best for the children! For the time being at least, they've lost one parent. I hope they won't lose the other one to the judicial system. Truly.

I can't think of any "new" negative remarks made tonight about Matt. It's just a higher concentration of it maybe, because it appears several of us (definitely me, I'll admit) are frustrated with the court proceedings today.

And I really would like to hear an innocent explanation of why he objected to the provisions of the ex parte order. What couldn't wait until July 11? I think most posters think of the money, and that it appears he wants to drain the assets. It doesn't make him look good. KWIM?

<modsnip>
Either way, I know you're still pedalling uphill and it can't be easy. Matt doesn't have many cheerleaders on the thread.

Thank you again Pearl...I get very frustrated with many things that I read here, and like you, try to respond without my emotions controlling my typing, but sometimes that is not possible.

The concentration of "those of us who don't like Matt very much" today has been hard to read...there is a nasty and negative response to every move he makes. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Just the idea that so many people wanted him to lose in court is frustrating. You all know that I personally believe that he has not done anything to Gail. Can you imagine what this is like for him? Just for a second, entertain the idea that he really is innocent and think how he must feel. Then add to that the thought that you have 100's maybe even 1000's of total strangers on the net hoping you will lose in court and getting angry because you didn't! Ok, now you can all go back to thinking he's guilty, and don't post back to be about oh poor Matt, several have done that before so it wouldn't be anything new.

As for the exparte. I can't say much. It seems to me that others are trying to dictate things about the children, and with Matt being the father, and not being a POI, no one else should have the slightest say in their care. If Gail returns, then of course she would, but it would make me very unhappy if my in-laws started trying to interfere with my children. The money thing, I really can't believe that he is going through money that fast. I have seen no proof of it, and really haven't heard it discussed other than it was claimed to be true by ? maybe AD, then repeated over and over. I would want to see much more about it than we have to make a decision for myself. They claim to be protecting Gail's assets. I personally think there is more to it, but what do I know?
<modsnip>
Thanks again for understanding a differing point of view...

Is it possible Gail's family/sister could ask for POA in Gail's absence? Especially considering MP had filed for a legal separation in the beginning and it was known a divorce was probably in the works?

Right, he was working in AL from 2002-2004 and she started with Norvartis in KY in 2002. So for those two years I'm assuming she communted. ??

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gail-palmgren/5/774/51b

Curious where you got Novartis is in KY? There are pharm reps that travel many places, and I assume she met with regional area reps being a Scientific Director; medical liaison. So possibly a office would be necessary near by, just speculation.

But, Novartis has no locations in KY, there is one in GA....http://www.novartis.com/about-novartis/locations/worldwide-offices.shtml

Ill take what AD is willing to state in the media with a liitle grain of salt, but someone stating things as "facts" to their unvetted knowledge will require a mountain of it. Just sayin' AD's "rumors" have been been pretty spot on, imo.

I agree that every scenario I have toyed with does not end with Gail deceased and Matt a murderer. I have a lovely legalist husband that has made fine rebuttals to my confused and frustrated ramblings.

As he puts it..
An attorney in such matters is not an admission of guilt but a way of protecting oneself in foreign waters. The need for a professional linguist body-gaurd, if you will, would increase after the public is made aware of an extra marital affair.
Setting boundaries for a property search does not seem unreasonable when property is often destroyed or taken "just in case" when you have children at home and are attempting to achieve a sense of normality.

My response is yes, but...to most everything he says but I do see his truth.
I keep going back to the items given to friends, neighbors, family to try and figure out why...why did she get this but not that. I have my little list of what is confirmed and truly try to stay in the confounds of that, but it's hard. How I pray that Arlene has the hard-drive she says she has and turns it over. Perhaps that would shed some light.
I have actually googled how to disappear and the amount of information out in cyber space to assist in this is a bit scary. Is that a possibility, it is. Could someone do that all by themselves, dunno?

But my gut smells a kerfuffle...of some kind.

bolded by me.

Shouldn't this complaint be made at FB, confused? The FB people are the ones you think are saying that. This is Websleuths and speaking for myself, this is not the impression I have of Gail.

Someone in an MSM article said Gail is polished and soft-spoken, not to mention intelligent, which is exactly the impression I have of her. She sounds like a person with fine-honed sensibilities and it wouldn't require an outright overbearing abusive monster to wear down someone like that.

I apologize if I'm dragging the discussion in a direction we want to get away from, but I felt the FB aspect needed to be addressed.

<modsnip>

I will elaborate. It has been stated here (and I will paraphrase) that Gail was beaten by Matt, that he expected her to jump when he said so, she was made to use an inferior cell phone, she was forced to turn down a job offer, he monitored her voice mails-daily, she was terrified of him, and on and on. For her to have allowed that, she had to have been weak, beaten etc. I have never thought of Gail being that way. She always seems to get what she wants and do what she wants. The casual reader here would think that she was a helpless victim to his evil ways, but that is not an acurate picture of her.

Curious where you got Novartis is in KY? There are pharm reps that travel many places, and I assume she met with regional area reps being a Scientific Director; medical liaison. So possibly a office would be necessary near by, just speculation.

But, Novartis has no locations in KY, there is one in GA....http://www.novartis.com/about-novartis/locations/worldwide-offices.shtml

You may be right. I'm too tired tonight to go back to the original conversatons in the past threads. Thanks tho...for making me think and question it.

Based on his linkedin and press releases previously posted on WS, he worked in AL, lived in AL, worked in KY, lived in KY, and then moved to TN for his BS position and lived on Signal. I only heard AD say GP traveled to FL, AL, etc., for work, but I could be wrong. IIRC, maybe MP's mom stayed until they settled off the mountain after the move from Florida or prior to GP's layoff. Just my :twocents: JMHO

I don't think that Mrs. P has ever lived with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro