TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a very valid point there Em, but if this is the case then its hard to believe that she hasn't been found yet. I did think about that possibility in the beginning but I'm not so sure about that anymore, except for the fact that the country side is covered up right now with foliage and maybe she hasn't been spotted yet. When the ground cover starts to die off for the season then maybe she will be found if this is the case.

BBM.. Like I stated IF the plan was somehow botched that could be the reason she has not been found.. Could be she hasn't been found because of the mountain is covered up with follage..I don't know I'm just trying to figure out where she is and what may have happened to her..JMHO

I must admit I very much want to know if the "James Place" area has been searched. I'll be driving James Blvd. by that area tomorrow to see it for myself, but it sounds to me like the closest "intersection" to the St. Ives outlet at Grayson, where somebody could easily hide. Grayson, Inverness, Hathaway--especially as connected via Woodbine Way--would be a very discreet and short trip.

I must admit I very much want to know if the "James Place" area has been searched. I'll be driving James Blvd. by that area tomorrow to see it for myself, but it sounds to me like the closest "intersection" to the St. Ives outlet at Grayson, where somebody could easily hide. Grayson, Inverness, Hathaway--especially as connected via Woodbine Way--would be a very discreet and short trip.

It's over a mile away.. I did make a call and was told someone will check it out...
http://mapq.st/nKMhUR

You know Pearl, if I still lived in the Knoxville area I would have come down there and searched with you. This case just breaks my heart. It has brought back so many memories for me that I wanted to forget, but I can't forget about Gail and her children. I've been there and I know what this can do to those poor children. My kids were about the same age as Gails children when I went through my ordeal and I can't sit back. The only reason I share my story is because there are so many similarities and if it helps anyone understand what Gail may have gone through I'll share it for her sake.

I agree it's probably not likely she's on the mountain, but it's possible that if someone did something to her, said someone may not be very smart. And if they're not very smart, maybe Gail or the Jeep are still on the mountain. Maybe they are planning on selling the Jeep for cash and we'll find it via a VIN search. (I admit that this theory sounds a bit like the stupid villains in a Coen Brothers movie, but still it's possible.)

If Gail harmed herself, it's possible she's on the mountain or very nearby. With those rumored sightings at a hardware store and on the trails though, along with all the other stuff like her planning for the future, it makes me question how likely suicide is. Still, it's a possibility, and it doesn't hurt to check just in case.

I agree it's probably not likely she's on the mountain, but it's possible that if someone did something to her, said someone may not be very smart. And if they're not very smart, maybe Gail or the Jeep are still on the mountain. Maybe they are planning on selling the Jeep for cash and we'll find it via a VIN search. (I admit that this theory sounds a bit like the stupid villains in a Coen Brothers movie, but still it's possible.)

If Gail harmed herself, it's possible she's on the mountain or very nearby. With those rumored sightings at a hardware store and on the trails though, along with all the other stuff like her planning for the future, it makes me question how likely suicide is. Still, it's a possibility, and it doesn't hurt to check just in case.

Bouncing off your post glorias. Thinking if it was foul play, GP and Jeep are not together. Even tho the said someone may not be very smart---same someone knows the area very well....and there are just so many places within a small radius to hide her---truly I can't fathom to think...just where to start...because of the vastness. Some places so desolate and rarely visited. Old mines, caves and cowpaths. All the water areas. Streams, ponds, river, reservoirs, etc....and I'm thinking a 10 mile radius. Now go 50 miles out. :banghead: Gail could be well hidden on the mountain and the Jeep given a "make over" all in the time before she was ever called in missing. IMO Especially if it was well planned.

Suicide. I don't think she would travel far to do that. Just moo, tho. Either in water or someplace......so very, very isolated. Do we know if any of the meds she was taking would be lethal if overdosed...or if she had them with her? Unless, deep under water I think someone would have found it by now. See article below.

And if she just decided to abandon her life, along with her children, extended family and all her accumulated assets, then she must have contact with someone with the finances and the know how ;unless she had a good amount of money out there that no one, including family knew about. Well made plans would have to be made for this also, unless she knew someone "special" she could call and who said....."Take off....I'll take care of it...meet me at _____." Unlikely too, imo, yet, I'm sure she had friends outside of the US too.

All the possibilities should continue to be on the table, imo, until LE can find something solid...one way or the other.
Grant Moedl, missing since March, found in car in reservoir near Mountain Home

But much about Grant Moedl’s death remains a mystery.

Published: 06/28/11

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/...-found-in-car-in-reservoir.html#ixzz1THbY2Nde

If Gail had been driving on 4/30 and had some accident and her car wound up submerged in a creek, her cell phone would probably have been waterlogged and not been able to ping on 5/2, no?

....and there are just so many places within a small radius to hide her---truly I can't fathom to think...just where to start...because of the vastness. Some places so desolate and rarely visited. Old mines, caves and cowpaths. All the water areas. Streams, ponds, river, reservoirs, etc....and I'm thinking a 10 mile radius. Now go 50 miles out. :banghead: Gail could be well hidden on the mountain and the Jeep given a "make over" all in the time before she was ever called in missing. IMO Especially if it was well planned.

Grant Moedl, missing since March, found in car in reservoir near Mountain Home

But much about Grant Moedl’s death remains a mystery.

Published: 06/28/11

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/...-found-in-car-in-reservoir.html#ixzz1THbY2Nde
(snipped for space)

Holly - Thanks for providing the link to the article about finding Grant Moedl's remains and vehicle. It just goes to show how an accident can occur during daylight hours without any witnesses and with the victim so close, yet so far when it comes to being visible!

This is why I keep commenting that more SM and surrounding area searches need to be conducted. Perhaps LE is waiting until later in the year so the foliage is not as thick. I do think the SM area needs to be searched because, as far as we know, this is the last confirmed place she was seen on 4/30 and she may have had an accident causing her vehicle to go off the side of the mountain. A road rage incident may have even occured to cause her vehicle to go off the mountain. I saw the video that was posted in one of our earlier threads of two motorcyclists traveling down the SM W road...scary road with lots of twists and turns and drop-offs, it appeared to me. I brought this up once before, but MP was supposedly coming up the W road about the time Gail left the SM home and may have been going down the W road.

Anthing Is Possible!...

But, I don't think Gail committed suicide: the children needed her, and I don't think the jeep would have been hard to find.

Nor do I think she just took off to start a new life somewhere else! She was making plans for a new start alright, but with her children, and she just doesn't strike me as being a selfish person.

:twocents:

...but I can't forget about Gail and her children. I've been there and I know what this can do to those poor children. My kids were about the same age as Gails children when I went through my ordeal and I can't sit back. The only reason I share my story is because there are so many similarities and if it helps anyone understand what Gail may have gone through I'll share it for her sake.

Thanks so much Snowbunny! You bring a valuable perspective to this case that I personally appreciate very much!

Some1

If Gail had been driving on 4/30 and had some accident and her car wound up submerged in a creek, her cell phone would probably have been waterlogged and not been able to ping on 5/2, no?

Good point. That ping is the big cause for alarm, in my opinion. If she was on the mountain driving around with her phone until the final ping, surely someone would have seen her. If she drove off the road or had an accident that area, surely the Jeep would have been found by now. It's difficult to come up with an explanation for that ping that doesn't involve someone else having her phone.

Good point. That ping is the big cause for alarm, in my opinion. If she was on the mountain driving around with her phone until the final ping, surely someone would have seen her. If she drove off the road or had an accident that area, surely the Jeep would have been found by now. It's difficult to come up with an explanation for that ping that doesn't involve someone else having her phone.

:highfive: Gold fish and gold fingers. Good things.

I'm a confused on the cell pings. Would the ping be generated just from a phone being idle...or would an incoming or out going call/text or voice mail check be necessary? Maybe the phone had the battery removed--say between the 30th and the 2nd? So, is it confirmed that is the only activity on her phone since the 30th?

I personally don't think that Gail committed suicide. She loved her children too much to put them through that and she was making plans to get a divorce. Something drew her away from the house on 4/30 and for the life of me I can't understand why LE, TBI, or the FBI haven't talked to those children personally without their father present since they were the last people to be with her and I can't understand why her phone records and text messages haven't been combed through. If they need probable cause to get the records I would think that the fact of her being missing this long would be cause enough to want to see the records. You would think that MP would willingly grant them access to both Gail's and his phone records being he says he had nothing to do with her going missing in the first place and if he didn't grant them access then I'd be asking him what he was hiding.

I remember how thick the foliage was around TN this time of the year and when I lived in Knoxville the ivy was taking over everything. One would almost have to take a map out and mark each and every place those roads had deep drop offs that if a car went off the road you might not be able to see the vehicle unless you were right there and then you'd have to go to each and every one of those locations with binnoculars and basically walk the road to possibly catch a glimps of Gail's vehicle down in one of the ravines.

:highfive: Gold fish and gold fingers. Good things.

I'm a confused on the cell pings. Would the ping be generated just from a phone being idle...or would an incoming or out going call/text or voice mail check be necessary? Maybe the phone had the battery removed--say between the 30th and the 2nd? So, is it confirmed that is the only activity on her phone since the 30th?

I don't know much about cell phone pings but if she had been in an accident and had lost consciousness is it possible she came to long enough to try to use her phone to call for help on the 2nd? Also if a battery is about to go dead on a cell phone will that cause a ping right before it dies? I'm just trying to think of any possible scenario that may have happened to Gail, even those that don't involve foul play or Matt. I pray with all my heart that Matt isn't involved with Gail going missing for the sake of those children. That would just devastate those kids for life if they ever found out their dad was involved with there mom going missing and I hope this is not the case. I just find his behavior and actions odd for someone who's wife is missing even if he didn't love her any longer. For God sakes she is the mother of his children and you would think he would want his name cleared for his kids' sake. Even after all that my ex-husband and company did to me I don't wish anything bad on them. I just wanted out and my children safe and away from that environment.

I don’t understand why it took until last weekend for the PI to hand over a significant amount of information to help detectives (taken from the news video in the below link) …what’s with that. So after three months he just happened to come up with a heap of information, just in time to help out the FBI yet none of this information was significant enough to get to any LE as soon as it came to hand.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15144246/fbi-now-looking-at-gail-palmgren-disappearance

I guess some would say well he had to collect it all, put it all together and it’s just coincident it’s all come together now as the FBI have become more involved, I would have thought if a person is missing information no matter how small or significant should have gone straight to the LE…not unless the PI was waiting for the reward fund to go up…sorry sarcasm on my part there :blushing:.

Well let’s hope his significant information can help give the answer to where Gail is.

As always this post just contains some random thoughts I had.

Arlene Durham interview tonight on a radio show. The Roth Show with Dr. Laurie Roth and Susan Milano Murphy.

Wednesday, April 27, 6-8pm

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well, further down it says 6-7pm. I don't know what time zone.

Link to the Roth Show:
http://therothshow.com/

ETA: Looks like that's Eastern time zone

BeanE please tell me you mean July 27 or I have slept through the last 9 months... and it's now April 2012 :crazy:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't AD mention in one of her interviews that she took care of both lake houses and that someone had put a paddle lock on a storage area under one of the lake houses and that she broke the lock? I wonder if LE ever took cadaver dogs in that storage space? Its just a thought. Nothing like hiding it right under everybody's nose.

She broke the lock? :banghead: Sigh, more obliterated evidence...I actually have never really see anything like this tbh.

The divorce issue between Matt and Gail-is there independent verification of this? I mean, we know that neither appears to have retained an attorney for the divorce prior to her disappearance. Did any of her written communication indicate that she was planning on doing this, or is this hearsay so to speak? I mean, MP indicated that he was planning on separating from her, correct, and that they were going to tell the kids....and I know that many are not ready to take his words as gospel. Did Gail indicate to anyone other than Arlene that she was going to take this action?

BeanE please tell me you mean July 27 or I have slept through the last 9 months... and it's now April 2012 :crazy:

Oh Lord God. LOL! I guess you can tell I was noodling the week Gail disappeared, huh.

Yes, it's tonight, July 27.

Sheesh. I better get some more coffee.

She broke the lock? :banghead: Sigh, more obliterated evidence...I actually have never really see anything like this tbh.

Yes, it was in one of the SMM interviews, the second one I think. She said it was a room in the house. She'd been in the house 2 weeks before and there was no lock on the room door, and when she went into the house after Gail disappeared, there was a padlock on the door, and she broke it off and went in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member