TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it follows that Gail returned on the 30th because she had agreed to it or was required to. Even if she agreed to return on the 30th, that doesn't mean there weren't other issues. In fact, we know there definitely was one issue: She was so scared she was calling DN and asking LE to meet her at the house. A lot of people have been asking why she left so early in the morning, as well. So personally, I don't think this is an issue that has been "cleared up" to use believe09's phrase. I'm not trying to argue. I agree the document gives us insight, but I do not believe it has fully explained anything.

While I know some people think what happened to Gail is neither unusual or sinister, I personally cannot think of any way that everything we have learned could be reasonably explained away to make the situation usual rather than unusual. Just my two cents on this.

BBM:
I actually think it does matter. At least from an accurate info-gathering standpoint. I don't know what to believe at this point, kwim? :waitasec:
Poor reporting perhaps?

It seems to me that there is no reason that Gail would have been obligated to either leave their SM residence and go to the lake house- OR- obligated to leave the lake house and return to SM.

All I can come up with is that she chose to do both- and there are many possibilities for that.

Do we have any usage of credit or debit cards on either route taken- both the trip to the lake house- and the return trip?

What specific documents and/or people are you referring to? I don't know that anyone has relied on unseen documents about the mental illness issue, but maybe there's something specific you're referring to that I don't remember. Most of the comments about Gail's mental health has all been in the MSM from the very beginning.

The psychotic episode info is from the G's and lawyer BH:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

The psychiatric issues stuff is directly from MP early on:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?print

So I guess I don't quite know what you're talking about. It sounds like you're maybe referring to AD in interviews commenting on the mental health issue, but without something more concrete as to what you're talking about, I don't know how any of us can possibly respond to your statement.

No, I definitely wasn't referring to what the Birmingham people said about the psychotic episode, nor to Matt saying 'psychiatric' issues.

I specifically stated what Matt was supposed to have said in documents, that Gail was seriously mentally ill and psychotic, which has been posted all over Gail's threads.

It's been discussed endlessly. I'm surprised you missed it.

I think she returned to SM under duress, just to make that plain to everyone. JMVHO. Like everyone, I would like to know who was causing the duress, and given the events of the day before it looks like a slam dunk that the person applying the pressure was Matt P...BUT, lol. Is he the only option?

:seeya: to our lurkers-please sign on and help us try and sort out where this dear woman is...Peace to you all.

No, I definitely wasn't referring to what the Birmingham people said about the psychotic episode, nor to Matt saying 'psychiatric' issues.

I specifically stated what Matt was supposed to have said in documents, that Gail was seriously mentally ill and psychotic, which has been posted all over Gail's threads.

And I'm surprised it doesn't show up on a Google search. I do a Google search for "gail palmgren" "psychotic" site:websleuths.com and I don't get any hits EXCEPT in specific relationship to what the G's said.

I'm merely asking for clarification. Maybe the specific word "psychotic" is the confusion here, I don't know. All I know is that there is a claim that we here at Websleuths have "endlessly" said MP has called Gail "psychotic" in documents, but I cannot find it, so I am asking you to please show me what you are talking about. Thank you.

snipped

BBM:
I actually think it does matter. At least from an accurate info-gathering standpoint. I don't know what to believe at this point, kwim? :waitasec:
Poor reporting perhaps?

I didn't mean to imply it doesn't matter, and I don't think I said that. What I said was that it certainly helped add info to what we already knew, but IMHO did not fully explain Gail's return to SM that morning. That's all.

I think she returned to SM under duress, just to make that plain to everyone. JMVHO. Like everyone, I would like to know who was causing the duress, and given the events of the day before it looks like a slam dunk that the person applying the pressure was Matt P...BUT, lol. Is he the only option?

I agree.

There are always other options, IMVHO.

Gail, where are you? Did you stop anywhere here:

http://itravel.mobi/pc/restareas_interstates.php
http://itravel.mobi/pc/restaurants_interstates.php
http://itravel.mobi/pc/gas_interstates.php

Some have video surveillance, and some do not... a lot to weed through.

snipped

I didn't mean to imply it doesn't matter, and I don't think I said that. What I said was that it certainly helped add info to what we already knew, but IMHO did not fully explain Gail's return to SM that morning. That's all.

I understand, glorias. Did not mean to imply that either!

She agreed herself the day before with LE - as we have, written by a LEO, on an official LE document - that she would only stay at the lake house for one night. I don't see any duress.

And I'm surprised it doesn't show up on a Google search. I do a Google search for "gail palmgren" "psychotic" site:websleuths.com and I don't get any hits EXCEPT in specific relationship to what the G's said.

I'm merely asking for clarification. Maybe the specific word "psychotic" is the confusion here, I don't know. All I know is that there is a claim that we here at Websleuths have "endlessly" said MP has called Gail "psychotic" in documents, but I cannot find it, so I am asking you to please show me what you are talking about. Thank you.

JBean posted the content of the documents under the caveat that you take her word for it. Along the lines of me posting the location of the last ping under the caveat that you take my word for it as there were no links or documents I would be referencing.

You are free to believe or disbelieve of course-I am familiar with the source of the document that JBean referenced.

When I was growing up, we had a phrase we used when two people spoke something similar at the same time: "Jinx, buy me a coke!" The first person who said it received a Coca Cola from the other.

You and I posted similar thoughts at the same time.

I owe you a coke then..LOL

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14627648

Is this where the talk of "psychotic" etc. stemmed from?

I know that it is the norm that as comments are told and retold, the content frequently changes (unintentionally) and I do think there have been comments such as Bean E described. It's not a real stretch that the info in the link might wind up sounding worse than it was. JMO

She agreed herself the day before with LE - as we have, written by a LEO, on an official LE document - that she would only stay at the lake house for one night. I don't see any duress.

BeanE- is there a link for the document that you are referring to? Not trying to be argumentative at all- I am just thoroughly confused by this.

Is it a document listed under TN Code 36-3-601?
TIA.

Third page down

http://richmedia.onset.freedom.com/wtvc/lpq2rc-signalmountainreports.pdf

ETA: News Channel 9 published a bunch of the case documents today. They're linked in this article:

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/gail-1003782-matt-april.html

Thanks, BeanE. I thought that was what you were referring to.

But (and this is absolutely, jmvho) that's one useless report written up.

I feel somewhat badly for LE here.... they now have to mediate marital disputes that do not involve crimes or potential crimes? :(

I know this much.. IF my husband showed up with his mistress at the residence we shared with our children, he would be the one looking for lodging that night NOT me...
I'm not understanding WHY the SMPD officer gave her a number for a safe house. Thats telling me he is suggesting she be the one to leave...
IMO thats a DAMN inconvenience for the wife and a mother with two children especially when the husband is the one running around and the one who just returned home from an extended rendezvous with another woman...
I would have demanded to speak to a supervisor... MP would have been the one having to make arrangments for lodging on the 29th of April....JMHO

After having read the reports, I have a comment- there has been a LOT made of Gail being given the number of a safe place to go... I got the impression from the report that maybe those numbers could have been safe from the storms and damage that had occured that week. It clearly stated that no crime was committed, so maybe the officers were afraid if she was heading to AL, which was hit even harder than the Chattanooga area, she might need safe places to stop-safe from storm damage, not Matt. Just a thought, but it would seem to make sense, given what we now know and the time frame of it all.

In answer to Emeralgems post above, it seems that Gail always wanted to be the one to go. She liked the lake better, that we have heard from several sources, and she possibly demanded that she be the one to leave.

I know this much.. IF my husband showed up with his mistress at the residence we shared with our children, he would be the one looking for lodging that night NOT me...
I'm not understanding WHY the SMPD officer gave her a number for a safe house. Thats telling me he is suggesting she be the one to leave...
IMO thats a DAMN inconvenience for the wife and a mother with two children especially when the husband is the one running around and the one who just returned home from an extended rendezvous with another woman...
I would have demanded to speak to a supervisor... MP would have been the one having to make arrangments for lodging on the 29th of April....JMHO

Arlene very stridently insisted in the SMM interview that Gail's trip to the lake house had been planned for several days.

Now I know that Arlene keeps changing her stories, and this is one of the ones she changed, from the trip was unexpected, to the trip was planned days in advance, but...

If Arlene's second story, that the trip was planned days in advance, including that Matt and Gail had agreed days in advance that Matt would come down and tell the kids about the separation and take them fishing or whatever, then it was Gail's choice to go to the lake house - neither Matt nor LE nor anyone else forced her.

Regardless, the lake house was a place that Gail reportedly loved and enjoyed going to and went to frequently. It makes sense that she would want to go there.

I have a friend who experienced a domestic incident during her divorce after she filed. When she called police, she and her children were separated from her ex husband and she was immediately given numbers to safe houses. She was offered the option of leaving with her children or having her ex taken from the home. She left in her vehicle and LE followed her to the state line while her ex was detained in the home.

Just another perspective...

What I posted from the documents is that he said she was having increasingly paranoid behavior, was in a manic state and suffering from delusions.
Since I am the one that posted what came from the documents this must be in reference to me. I did not state that Matt said she was psychotic OR mentally ill in the documents.
However, this does describe someone that i smentally ill and in and early interview Matt said she has "mental issues"
Paranoia,mania and delusions ARE mental illness unless they are brought on by drugs or other external sources.

Psychosis is a break from reality,and that is what the paranoid behavior and delusions imply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove