TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all confused, so don't feel alone. LE isn't releasing any info other than blood was found, she was seen with someone in camo near edge of woods, her lunch box was found 8 miles away.........they aren't telling about pings, LE has apparently asked family and friends to remain quiet and they are, they aren't even releasing whose blood it was that was found although those tests are back,,,, I believe we're gonna all stay confused until this breaks wide open.

I've been following this case from the very beginning and the reason I ask about the neighbor is I saw on here (but w/o links) that the neighbor heard the scream and called mom who called brother who went outside saw the blood and called 911. So if the neighbor heard and the brother didn't LE probably knew pretty quickly which way they headed....also the neighbor seems to have been close enough to hear clearly enough to recognize it as Holly screaming....otherwise why call the mom?

I think that he's leaving a trail on purpose. I don't think she would get away with leaving a trail herself, he'd notice. Totally just my guess, I've been saying it for several days now, so I might as well stick with it, lol.

I don't think she was dead early on, now I'm not as confident, but that may just be statistics coming into play because my gut also says she was alive for several days, so she still could be.

I have all along felt that it is someone she knows on the fringe, not closely at all, but she recognized him and wasn't freaked by him being there. I still think he may not live right there, but is within 20 miles and knows the area well because of either hunting or a job perhaps.

I think he may have left other evidence there while he laid in wait, perhaps cigarette butts or something like that. I hope they found them before the mass of searchers showed up.

There are tracks I'm sure of it.

I think he knew where he was taking her, she's somewhere enclosed, some shack or something I think. I have a feeling that he may have come back to deposit the "evidence". I think he's also been involved and keeping tabs.

A new thought....Do they have any gardeners, handymen, anyone like that who she would recognize but not "know"?

Wow, so that's what I think..... Now that I've totally laid it out there let's see how wrong I am, lol! (Watch it's all wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!)

To explain the hair death band in a nut shell...
It is a distinct marking on a hair that has been removed from a DECEASED person... not to be confused with a hair that has fallen out of someone alive..

I have a hard time thinking rescue when they take a whole day to search in the river. I don't believe LE is trying to find pieces of evidence in the river, when they haven't yet found Holly. Evidence is crucial of course, but not the priority here.

Did anyone ever find out exactly where on the Tennessee river they were searching?

I agree with Frog and finch and sarx that the open and obvious evidence they've collected most likely was left as a false trail by the perp to throw off the investigation.

Early on I thought the brother being at the house was a mistake by Holly's abductor:

"That the perp might have missed the possibility of the brother being there (and this seems like a fairly important detail) suggests that the perp was not from the area and not familiar with the Bobo family except through arm's length information. "

This far on, I'm thinking maybe that in line with the above theories

[(i) the perp was caught off guard by the brother's presence (ii) the perp deliberately left an evidence trail far away from the home],

that on realizing that Holly's brother was home he (the abductor) realizes he doesn't have the multiple hour head start he had anticipated. So he panicked and did the awful deed and then took off and on his way out of the area left an evidence trail to maybe guide the initial search efforts away from the location where he left Holly.

I think that he's leaving a trail on purpose. I don't think she would get away with leaving a trail herself, he'd notice. Totally just my guess, I've been saying it for several days now, so I might as well stick with it, lol.

I don't think she was dead early on, now I'm not as confident, but that may just be statistics coming into play because my gut also says she was alive for several days, so she still could be.

I have all along felt that it is someone she knows on the fringe, not closely at all, but she recognized him and wasn't freaked by him being there. I still think he may not live right there, but is within 20 miles and knows the area well because of either hunting or a job perhaps.

I think he may have left other evidence there while he laid in wait, perhaps cigarette butts or something like that. I hope they found them before the mass of searchers showed up.

I think he knew where he was taking her, she's somewhere enclosed, some shack or something I think. I have a feeling that he may have come back to deposit the "evidence". I think he's also been involved and keeping tabs.

A new thought....Do they have any gardeners, handymen, anyone like that who she would recognize but not "know"?

Wow, so that's what I think..... Now that I've totally laid it out there let's see how wrong I am, lol! (Watch it's all wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!)

I hope she is still alive but I am losing faith as time goes on. But I do think she was alive for the first few days at least. This guy was not going just for any random girl, he wanted her specifically. So I don't think he would kill her quickly, like a random opportunity killer might.

I think he had it planned well, and had a specific place to hide out with her.
I think he had a vehicle hidden close by and that hour before the 911 call gave him plenty of time to get away.

You asked about handymen etc. Her Dad ran a large tree trimming business. So there is a large pool of potential suspects right there. Also, having an older brother brings a lot of older, curious males into her life as well. He hunted and so he may have accidentally brought a weirdo into his sisters life that way.

My opinion, which counts for nothing, is that LE has some really good info and are waiting on a few final pieces to fall into place---that is why they are being so quiet. And I'm afraid Holly isn't going to be found alive and LE knows that which is why they are methodically and quietly building this case--no leaks, no heads up to the perp, no slip ups for a defense lawyer to treasure,,,,, If the duct tape with hair which was found was Holly's and if she was deceased when the duct tape was removed from her then there would be a death band around the base of the hair follicle,,,I'm afraid that is what has been found,,,,just my opinion.

Could someone jog my memory as to how long after death does it take for the death band on hair to show up?

I wonder if the vehicle Holly was ready to get into was the only one there at the time, so the abductor assumed she was the last one in the house. Or was there another car/truck belonging to brother there as well?

There are rivers around where I live. There all sorts of places people camp and do drugs along the rivers. Maybe this guy camped along the river waiting for morning before he went to the residence. Just a thought about evidence they may be looking for around the river area.

I have a feeling you could be close on this sarx.

Thanks! The perp definitely was organized, had a plan. You would know about tracks, Sarx, so I'm sure you're right. I don't see how there couldn't be something for at least trained eyes to see and noses to follow. I worry, but apparently LE hasn't, about all the volunteers tramping everywhere, and the fact that LE isn't worried tells me lots of different things. I tend to think that LE is allowing and encouraging searches to continue because the perp is local and he will participate in the searches, how could he not without looking suspicious. The same for the vigil the other night. The fact that LE is so closed mouthed on this would drive the perp crazy, so he would want to be involved in searches/ vigils just to try to learn what LE knows, IMO.
Just thinking out loud and above is my opinion.

They said they were waiting on a lab for evidence and it would help clear up alot of things... (paraphrasing)
Maybe the evidence was the duct tape and they did find the death band on it the same day that the blood results came back...They called off the search to regroup LE becuz they realized they where being doofed.. No searchers today and they are searching the Tenn. River..?? That's a leap.. I'm thinking they got a tip to lead them there...

Thank you, looking also but have not found anything yet.

I think I found the answer (it was from the Casey Anthony case and was on Nancy Grace). Below is the exchange between NG & Dr. Lawrence Kobilnsky, a forensic scientist:

GRACE: And Koby, how long does it take post-mortem -- after death -- for the band, the dark band, to appear between the shaft and the nucleus, the root of the hair?

KOBILINSKY: Well, there haven`t been very many studies, but it happens over a very short time course -- hours, and perhaps a day, perhaps two days. But it should form and they should be able to see it.

here is the link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/01/ng.01.html

Hope this helps...

I did some googling and only found that a death band "may" form on hair after death...in any case, I don't think it is a definitive thing. I think if it is there, they may be able to say, yes this was post-death, but if it is not present, that may not be indicative either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member