TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that the "hands and knees search" picture was in at the UT Parsons location. Not sure if it was roadside or parking lot. I'm suspecting parking lot.

They were on the roadway. If they went into the parking lot, they're not telling it.

they were asking the tbi agent if the newest item found was related to a phone tip. tbi said no it was a volunteer find.. also fits with what will was tweeting imhoo

(I have pasted a few of them in order)

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

this is just my opinion... but if LE received a phone tip do you think they would send volunteers to check out the lead? I personally don't but that is just my opinion..

it seems however that those emergency searches were in two different places.. is it possible that the emergency LE foot patrol was checking out the area of the phone tip/lead? while volunteers continued to scour the area where they made the initial find????

Per article 4-24...BBM

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said a lead discovered Saturday evening or Sunday morning fueled the northern Decatur County search, which would continue for another day.

Wyatt would not comment on what the lead entailed but said law enforcement received a tip in the form of a phone call.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...uthorities-New-leads-propel-search-Holly-Bobo

To me that indicates a phone tip came in Sat or Sunday and the searchers were out Sunday...found the item later in the day on Sunday. That's why I don't think it was a specific tip (ie. "you can find Holly's cell phone here...) but rather a suggestion to search an area. In that case, I do think they would use volunteers as they have all along.

I think there is only two possibilities she has passed on or they're negotiating with captors/something along those lines.

Again they never said lock your doors or had a real bolo. They've had a thumb from day one I presume or they'd have acted like the NH case where they asked for a ton of intel and chased down tips to a sad conclusion in just a few days. But they did come to a resolution almost right after the TOday show.

Fess up green green..... Have you been asked to take a polygraph?.....

heehee nooooo. This is kinda on that subject but not really. When they take those polygraphs did I not see on TV that you cannot use that in court or was that just for that particular TV show I was watching? I mean if they are not reliable then why do them to begin with? Maybe I've got this all screwed up. But if they really work and the criminal was innocent would they not be screaming give me a polygraph.

Wow wait a second,,,,

What about this!!!!!

What if its someoen she went out with ok hes upset, wants to talk to her. he leads her into the wood ok takes her to a place they can talk. He does not care if she misses school... He has NO idea the police were called. all of a sudden its on the news the radio, Cops all over looking for her. NOw he is a kidnapper hes afraid......hes afriad to turn himself in. Maybe he hasnt a great record and dosent want to go to jail for kidnapping.

he hides her and maybe gives himself long enuff to get out of state and says he will call when he is gone and tell LE where they can find her?

Good afternoon all! Checking in between dodging tornadoes. :woohoo:

Well, one problem is that doesn't explain the screams the neighbor heard. Plus, I just can't imagine this sweet lovely responsible girl everyone has described would ever agree that "hiding" her, scaring her parents senseless of two + weeks, and him leaving the state as a wanted man is really a better plan than them both explaining to the police that it was all a big misunderstanding. And if she didn't agree to this ill-advised scenario, then he really is a kidnapper.

I hope I'm not :deadhorse: but I have only been able to check in for a little while at a time today.

Thanks!

Ya know im thinking here ( hard for a blonde) LOL but i can see someone older doing this like the 25 t 30 something age,, not the 18 to 22 age.

JMO

Maybe someone saw someone toss something out of a car along there?

Very possible. Same thing could have happened with Eaton Street. There are a couple of businesses there and an employee could have remembered someone throwing something out and turning around. But the abductor(s) would have known they were being watched IF it was thrown out by them and IF it was thrown out right after the abduction. If they did it at night, no one would have been the wiser.

One thing is for sure..... folks on this WS case could sure write some interesting and twisty story lines for mystery stories. Be on the lookout for hollywood scouts seeking.
Everyone's theory/theories are possible, just wish we knew more now. I guess we will just have to be resigned to wait.... wait..... gawd I hate waiting sometimes.
This is one rockin group and I value everyone's input and ideas. Hopefully we will be able to celebrate good news together soon.

heehee nooooo. This is kinda on that subject but not really. When they take those polygraphs did I not see on TV that you cannot use that in court or was that just for that particular TV show I was watching? I mean if they are not reliable then why do them to begin with? Maybe I've got this all screwed up. But if they really work and the criminal was innocent would they not be screaming give me a polygraph.

They're not admissible but they can give LE a direction in the investigative process. They can clear family members early on or other POI......although I really don't know how accurate they are.

Kyron's family and Somer's family had LE liasons move into their homes with them for quite some time. Haleigh's family was scattered to the winds and her father wouldn't return to the house but he camped outside near search headquarters. Caylee's mother ... well, they moved Casey in to live with LE. ;)

I'm trying to think ... who else ...

ETA:
I think I misunderstood your question.

Trying again -

Kyron's family had immediate FBI response b/c abduction happened AT A SCHOOL!

Haleigh's family had Florida State Investigators responding within 24 hours, I think.
Somer's family even sooner than that, IIRC.

You know, what's interesting about Holly's case is - she's older. When children disappear, and it's apparently not a family-related abduction -- the immediate response is called for sooner than when older teens or adults disappear.

So...we should really answer the question about Holly's case relative to others based on her age.

And so, I have not been helpful here at all...I fear... But I'll go out on a limb and say that for Holly's age, IMO, that was lightening quick response.

OT
emma you got to be one of the funniest poster on ws
bbm
C&P
Caylee's mother ... well, they moved Casey in to live with LE. ;)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I had to clean the keyboard on that one:crazy:

Per article 4-24...BBM

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said a lead discovered Saturday evening or Sunday morning fueled the northern Decatur County search, which would continue for another day.

Wyatt would not comment on what the lead entailed but said law enforcement received a tip in the form of a phone call.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...uthorities-New-leads-propel-search-Holly-Bobo

To me that indicates a phone tip came in Sat or Sunday and the searchers were out Sunday...found the item later in the day on Sunday. That's why I don't think it was a specific tip (ie. "you can find Holly's cell phone here...) but rather a suggestion to search an area. In that case, I do think they would use volunteers as they have all along.

Let me go ahead and say this may not be correct but I thought they found two items, and got a phone call. LE found an item and volunteers found an item. When it was first on the radio here that is what it sounded like.

They're not admissible but they can give LE a direction in the investigative process. They can clear family members early on or other POI......although I really don't know how accurate they are.

Gotcha. If they weren't completely accurate I would be scared to take one!!!

Let me go ahead and say this may not be correct but I thought they found two items, and got a phone call. LE found an item and volunteers found an item. When it was first on the radio here that is what it sounded like.

I sorta interpreted it that way also. But its hard to know if the items were just confused into one, or one item confused into two by reporting.

from left field, I'll throw one or two out:

Hostage situation - attempts to negotiate a deal for himself before he gives up ... an unharmed Holly as his bargaining chip for a lesser charge?

An accomplice who is willing to turn on the kidnapper for the reward money ...

I think this theory fits in line with my reasoning of events as we know them. It could explain most all of the odd statements and behavior we have seen from those close to this case as well as the rumors which some close to this case have put out there with time stamps on them. I even asked yesterday if there were hostage negotiators there and what part of LE covers this job. Is it local, state, or fbi?
This would explain the LE camped out at Bobo home and the silence from the family and the urgency to keep this quiet.
This would explain why we keep hearing rumors of give this a little more time.
This would explain this is not what it seems.
It could easily be a known local as most think they know the who, just not the why.
I am not saying this as eloquently as some but I think this is the best theory yet.
JMO

Hello all,

I was trying to keep an eye at work but was so busy and kept on getting booted off.
I see no new news today and still waiting.

I think there is only two possibilities she has passed on or they're negotiating with captors/something along those lines.

Again they never said lock your doors or had a real bolo. They've had a thumb from day one I presume or they'd have acted like the NH case where they asked for a ton of intel and chased down tips to a sad conclusion in just a few days. But they did come to a resolution almost right after the TOday show.

well they did have BOLO ( on a vehicle not a person)in the first week you would have to go to scanner for info on that. But nothing ever came from that.

I sorta interpreted it that way also. But its hard to know if the items were just confused into one, or one item confused into two by reporting.

The radio report was earlier in the day before the searchers found anything. At that point LE had a phone call and found an item in the previous 12 hours. That afternoon volunteers found an item. I do not know if both items ended up being related to the case or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay