TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have this feeling that when we are finally told everything - if that even occurs - much of what we think is known on this case won't be accurate.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't much care for this statement.

It negates the idea that the Easter find has anything to do with giving an indication that Holly may be alive.

But why did she preface it all with "To My Knowledge"? :sleuth:
Like, that's one of the world's biggest qualifiers and/or disclaimer preface clauses. They train you to talk like that in Statements and Depositions 101. Also in Consulting work.

:banghead:

I notice she said "is" - which is absolute - and so, of course, she must say they have no absolute indications.

If she had said "may" in place of "is", we'd have a different statement. Possibly.

BeanE would just beat on me if she was here. But she's not. I hope she knows she's missed.

You know how I read that entire statement? They have a theory, they just don't know where Holly is or if she is alive. I bet this case breaks in the coming days. Someone has shown their hand. MOO

I just think we all believe stuff like the "being led into the woods" but then we hear that the dogs didn't pick up any scents (now that was just a report and could've been wrong). It definitely makes it hard to sleuth when we don't know which direction to go in!

You know how I read that entire statement? They have a theory, they just don't know where Holly is or if she is alive. I bet this case breaks in the coming days. Someone has shown their hand. MOO

I sure hope so! I pray she has beat the odds and is safe.

Oh that TBI lady said "to my knowledge" which only has to mean she has not physically seen Holly. Would still be really hard to pull off but hey stranger things have happened. If she is alive I don't think she is able to talk (coma, traumatized, what have you) or she does not know who it was.

The Bible Verse: I thought it was her mom's favorite verse then I read it was Holly's. Either way if you ask a young person to quote their favorite Bible verse it's going to be Philippians 4:13 or John 3:16. I would say 99% of the time because those verses are burned into our memory banks from a very young age. I think it is coincidental. Would I have said that at her age? Absolutely. First thought that comes to mind type thing.

The blood: Has anyone thought it was blood from one of the dogs? Maybe the man had to shut a dog up so it hurt it? Flecks, spatters, whatever the latest term is to describe the blood could have been from a dog running away. The TBI would NOT confirm if it was human blood.

I am beginning to think for various reasons that Holly knew this person in passing, enough to be friendly and say hi how are you, it is a man in his late 30s to late 40s, and it is not an ex-boyfriend.

I just have this feeling that when we are finally told everything - if that even occurs - much of what we think is known on this case won't be accurate.

I totally agree.

Stay safe everyone.

I just think we all believe stuff like the "being led into the woods" but then we hear that the dogs didn't pick up any scents (now that was just a report and could've been wrong). It definitely makes it hard to sleuth when we don't know which direction to go in!
If we go by just what news reports/links we have.....there is no report of dogs picking up her scent.....anywhere. BUT.....this task force is keeping info VERY close to the cuff so for all we know......one/some of the dogs could very well have tracked her scent up to a point. We don't know.

from your fingers to God's ears, meemaw. :praying:

sarx gave us a nice explanation of why the dogs didn't pick up any scents.

I can't explain as well as her, but sarx said the dogs were LE K-9's. Some of what she said was this:

K-9's are not trained for the sort of scent-detection work where they need to distinguish between last week's scent of Holly and the last hours scent of Holly.

They likely picked up Holly scent all over the place. Which makes it hard to "track" Holly for the period of the abduction.

sbm...
it is a man in his late 30s to late 40s, and it is not an ex-boyfriend.

I agree on the age range. I've thought that since the get go. The abduction seems a little too well thought out for a teen/early 20's type guy to have attempted.

Oh that TBI lady said "to my knowledge" which only has to mean she has not physically seen Holly. Would still be really hard to pull off but hey stranger things have happened. If she is alive I don't think she is able to talk (coma, traumatized, what have you) or she does not know who it was.

The Bible Verse: I thought it was her mom's favorite verse then I read it was Holly's. Either way if you ask a young person to quote their favorite Bible verse it's going to be Philippians 4:13 or John 3:16. I would say 99% of the time because those verses are burned into our memory banks from a very young age. I think it is coincidental. Would I have said that at her age? Absolutely. First thought that comes to mind type thing.

The blood: Has anyone thought it was blood from one of the dogs? Maybe the man had to shut a dog up so it hurt it? Flecks, spatters, whatever the latest term is to describe the blood could have been from a dog running away. The TBI would NOT confirm if it was human blood.

I am beginning to think for various reasons that Holly knew this person in passing, enough to be friendly and say hi how are you, it is a man in his late 30s to late 40s, and it is not an ex-boyfriend.

so ... are we abandoning the several young men theory?

Hope we hear something more soon... interest in the case is waning which is too bad.

Rall,
I'm afraid interest will wane until LE holds a presser or Holly is found. There are so little facts and tons of unanswered questions. Add to that the cryptic statements......Imo that and no daily news for those of us who are not local, makes some people loose interest.

Wow it takes a long time to get caught up on this thread. I've been working at it off and on all day and just got to the end.

I appreciated the post with the interview of the evidence found on Easter. I've been reading all the speculation about this as well. To me the whole thing was that any piece of evidence that can be linked to the case is very helpful and encouraging. The LE contact was very professional and didnt seem to be "implying" anything at all. Any evidence that shows a location can be plotted and its very helpful

They wont say what it was they found but when I look on the map and where the evidence was found (if its accurrate) I can see how that would be very useful.

You start at Holly's home. Go to one piece of evidence and then the other and its quite possible the person is still in the area and knows the area pretty well. All sorts of possible scenarios come to mind, but it can be pretty well guessed that he didn't just go down and jump on the highway and take off.

Im guessing he went south first (thats where the 1st roadblock was setup to interview people). The over to 69 and headed N. He threw out something there(I guess), and if that something were the cell phone it would make sense for being the 1st thing discarded and if he knew her (good guess he did) he's trying to change the scene where she was nabbed (because its near her school).

Now he goes on up 69 and turns off until he gets over to the Gooch Rd. He for some reason discards more of her stuff there, possibly even re-binds her (throwing out the old duct tape) and moves on.

He could have gone the other way as well. This is just a guess (and probably a bad one).

I take hope in this kind of thing though. The item on Gooch Rd was found 1st. If this guy was just going to take her and kill her they likely would have found something by now after searching in those areas.

If he just wanted to take her and kill her and this was already done why not hide the stuff where/near where he left her. He's improvising some off of a "so-so" initial plan I think.

BTW anyone who wonders if they are being thorough or looking everywhere should look at some of the picture threads posted, etc...these people seem to be leaving no stone unturned!

I can find plenty of holes in this concept. I just think its educated guessing based on known stuff instead of word-smithing 3rd hand print.

As an aside. I looked at the map someone posted awhile ago. It was like a bad horror movie. I get to the spot on the map where the "easter" evidence was found and right accross the street is a funeral home...it was creepy. Im not saying that has anything to do with anything, just that it was creepy at the time!

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't much care for this statement.

It negates the idea that the Easter find has anything to do with giving an indication that Holly may be alive.

But why did she preface it all with "To My Knowledge"? :sleuth:
Like, that's one of the world's biggest qualifiers and/or disclaimer preface clauses. They train you to talk like that in Statements and Depositions 101. Also in Consulting work.

:banghead:

I notice she said "is" - which is absolute - and so, of course, she must say they have no absolute indications.

If she had said "may" in place of "is", we'd have a different statement. Possibly.

BeanE would just beat on me if she was here. But she's not. I hope she knows she's missed.

The above quote is in reference to:
Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

I personally feel that so many people took the comment that the recent discovery was related to Holly, gave the family hope and a possible "gamechanger" that it made many people feel and post without a doubt that Holly is either recovered or known to be alive or providing clues, which is not true-some instantly believed it meant Holly has been found and spirited away to safety and this is being kept from the public. I believe the public speculation is just a rumor and just hurting the family-it causes more and more people to post or tweet she is definitely alive or recovered and being hidden for some bizarre reason, which would never happen. I think this is incredibly hurtful to the family and further gives them hope that only Holly and possibly LE can offer-not us.

I believe Helm prefaced it with "To My knowledge" because this protects her and her agency. I do not think LE can say positively Holly is either still alive or dead-that is not possible until they recover Holly alive or her body. Maybe they have a connection to someone claiming to have Holly? What if it has not been proven-maybe it is a crazy person claiming to have her as so many falsely confess to crimes they have not commited-esp on a national level? What is it is true this person has her and she is still not recovered alive until at a later date and they are trying terribly hard to make this a reality?

As the whole investigtion has shown, very little is released to the public. Even if they got something very credible that leads to the belief Holly is alive and even could be recovered within hours, they cannot publicly say that before rescuing her because if they say publicly she is alive and then something goes terribly wrong, they have the weight of the entire world on them from this public case and a huge backlash on them if she is not recovered alive nad we were publicly told she was alive and would be found. They are doing what all politicians and people do under intense public scrutinity do before they can fulfill what the public wants-they won't commit and are covering their a$$es. "To My Knowledge" reminds me way too much of the "I cannot recall" that politicians use when under scrutiny. It's an obscure way of saying you know what-I cannot tell you what I know because it could come back to bite me in the you know what.

Unfortunately, I think people have put way too much weight on this recent find and feel like it will def lead to her soon and it will not, which will just cause more frustration and backlash that all signs were they were close to finding her alive and the family hope and gamechanger comments gave us false hope unfairly. I think we are reading too much into things said (even the tense of statements) because we truly WANT to believe this clue will find her alive and we interpret things to say ok the Mom has hope so she has definitely been found or what has been found is a recent message from Holly that tells them where she is-if that was true-they would have her back by now. I think this Helm comment is a prod for us to be grounded and understand they do not know for sure if she will be found alive-even if they have high hopes they cannot 100% guarantee it until they find her- and we need to prepare in case we do not get the happy ending for which we hope-in other words, they are doing their best but the rumors she is alive and safe are not true, no matter how much we wish it were so and they cannot risk giving us a sliver of hope in case it does not pan out. MOO

I'll say it again, cuz I couldn't even guess where my post was on it....

It's not possible that there was no scent there, just that the dogs couldn't work their way out of all the other trails. By that I mean it's her house, there are scent pools belonging to her all over the place. Now it's an issue of training and LE K9 aren't generally trained for this kind of personal contamination (meaning the dozens/hundreds of "trails" that she made all over the property everyday she walked out of the house).

I need to ask you as you are theorizing or speculating that you say in your opinion or this is your thought. Please be careful not to emphatically state that something is a fact without a link. Thanks peeps. It can be confusing as to fact or theory without us clarifying.

Post lands at random. :)

Not sure if you mean me grandmaj (from #61) as I am new and trying to be careful...?

I tried to put "I guess" in there a lot if that helps :)

LE has not made any kind of statement that the community is in danger, that there is a predator on the loose, or given any indication that this is anything except all about Holly.

And like it or not, people do lose interest if they cannot relate the crime to their own lives.

On the other hand, LE stated they believe it is someone from the community (I'm still puzzling over how they came to that conclusion. While I agree with it, I can't help but wonder what info they have to led them to make that conclusion). I have a feeling the only thing that will continue to galvanize this community more than believing a predator is on the loose and they are all in danger, is to believe that one of them is the culprit and walks around their town undetected every day and got away with it. They're not going to give up, is my impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay