TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever found a map that shows the new road beside the college?

I don't believe there is anything fishy about the family. I do believe possibly the abductor's name is given away in the phone call.

Yet further good reason not to release it. If they knew his name but not his whereabouts (how u spell that?) they would think it important to keep private.. although in most cases when they know who a perp is they plaster his face and name all over because that is the best way to find him.

Then we can go to the concept that they dont want to do that because they have reason to believe it would cause him to do her harm if he were under that kind of pressure.

To me I think they'd show it if the knew him. I think of the case where this guy takes off with a 14yo girl and they cant find them. They put it all over and found them shortly afterward (but who knows)?!

>>Jeesh does that make any sense<<

Yet further good reason not to release it. If they knew his name but not his whereabouts (how u spell that?) they would think it important to keep private.. although in most cases when they know who a perp is they plaster his face and name all over because that is the best way to find him.

Then we can go to the concept that they dont want to do that because they have reason to believe it would cause him to do her harm if he were under that kind of pressure.

To me I think they'd show it if the knew him. I think of the case where this guy takes off with a 14yo girl and they cant find them. They put it all over and found them shortly afterward (but who knows)?!

Hey nothing is too far fetched at this point. But I do believe they know who it is but they either don't have her whereabouts or they don't know where he put her.

I'll say it again, cuz I couldn't even guess where my post was on it....

It's not possible that there was no scent there, just that the dogs couldn't work their way out of all the other trails. By that I mean it's her house, there are scent pools belonging to her all over the place. Now it's an issue of training and LE K9 aren't generally trained for this kind of personal contamination (meaning the dozens/hundreds of "trails" that she made all over the property everyday she walked out of the house).

Wanted to add-LE K9 aren't often trained in car trailing either (actually alot of SAR dogs aren't either), so if she got into a car that could hamper their abilities.

This is all just speculation mind you. I wasn't there and haven't seen any footage of the dogs working, so I can't say what they actually did or didn't do, just going off of what has been in MSM.

LE has never said which direction they were headed. In my head I thought the back, simply because woods are normally behind your house. However their house is wooded all around. So I have no idea.

I didn't see her at the Coon Hunt but that does not mean she was not there. There were thousands of people there.

FWIW I believe she is alive and so does everyone that I have talked to here. It's such an odd feeling.

It is an odd feeling. I don't live far from there, I live in a small town as well and I can only imagine what it must be like for all of you. It would be crazy here if something like this were to happen. The community really came out in full force last year after the floods. I look for Holly everywhere I go now...Just hope you all are well after the wicked weather today. By the way, your quote about the thousands of people there really scares me!

Question..what does the term "gamechanger" mean?
Something that would make you look at things differently.

ETA: from wiktionary

Critical and having the potential to alter the overall outcome.

Well to me if they know who it is (and I hope you're right) that is a good sign she is alive (I gotta keep finding reasons for that to be true). If they thought she had passed and knew a poi they'd be all over him...usually(except in a really weird scenario) if they had a poi they would be all over him no matter what! --and maybe they are, how would I know?!

Couldn't a/the dog follow the most recent scent trail though?

Yes, hopefully, but you'd be surprised how many cases you read where the dog just can't get off the property (actually there are several on WS that show this problem). It's tough, and it requires a lot of training, continuous practice and it's not something you test on, so....

Okay, here's something I just scooped...

The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road.

Look at this image of the searchers on their knees.

284006499.jpg

Now look at this one from Google Street View screen capture http://maps.google.com Type in, 2141 Tennessee Ave N Parsons, TN then go to Street View...

attachment.php

I'd say the locations are the same.

Attachments

• bbrd9.jpg
    bbrd9.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 249
Yes, hopefully, but you'd be surprised how many cases you read where the dog just can't get off the property (actually there are several on WS that show this problem). It's tough, and it requires a lot of training, continuous practice and it's not something you test on, so....

I could be remembering this wrong, but weren't there dogs in the Amber Dubois case that tracked her scent very close to where she was eventually found?

The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road.

<snipped>

Now look at this one from Google Street View screen capture http://maps.google.com Type in, 2141 Tennessee Ave N Parsons, TN then go to Street View...

<snipped>

thanks Vic! awesome google-work!

I find Helms's statement amazing.

It wasn't said that, "To my knowledge, we have no proof that Holly is alive or not."
The statement was, "To my knowledge, Holly has not been found."

Now, what are we to take from this?

I find Helms's statement amazing.

It wasn't said that, "To my knowledge, we have no proof that Holly is alive or not."
The statement was, "To my knowledge, Holly has not been found."

Now, what are we to take from this?

Nothing IMO just a bad choice of words

Wanted to add-LE K9 aren't often trained in car trailing either (actually alot of SAR dogs aren't either), so if she got into a car that could hamper their abilities.

This is all just speculation mind you. I wasn't there and haven't seen any footage of the dogs working, so I can't say what they actually did or didn't do, just going off of what has been in MSM.

Hi Sarx, I'm still thinking if the Bobo family owned the dogs as another person stated, they could have given clues that morning that something was wrong via scent or sound. My husband and I have a completely deaf and blind 13 year old cocker spaniel. No matter whether we come home together or different times, in under 30 seconds she smells (I have witnessed her being sound asleep across a room, not hear my husband open and shut the door when he gets home but smell him within seconds and she tracks him through the house)we are in the house and we can go through the length of the house into the backyard (through four long rooms) or even upstairs and she will smell us and find us in less then a minute . Do you think it is possible if the Bobos had dogs, they could have run outside that morning and followed Holly's scent to where the possible blood was located and this was how CB found it, if the blood rumors are true? Our cocker was never trained but she can find us quickly when deaf and blind in under a minute. I am guessing her smell sense is even more heightened though since she cannot hear or see.

Thanks for your input!

Helm said, &#8220;To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don&#8217;t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.&#8221;

This is what all she said...and I would guess she is just being cautious, that as of the moment she was speaking, she believed it to be true, and it likely is.

I don't believe there is anything fishy about the family. I do believe possibly the abductor's name is given away in the phone call.

I think that's what her cousin was talking about in her tweet...that we didn't know the real story when people were attacking the brother.
Whether it's in the call or not, I'm there is a reason they've not allowed the brother to defend himself. He's doing what's right by his family and sister.

284006499.jpg

attachment.php

Wow, nice work and I 100% agree.

I envision a sociopath telling someone where the phone was and that they tossed the miniscule simcard out the window along such and such a road..not realizing they didn't need the simcard to tie the phone's location to his location/phone.

I was about to head to sleep (I'm at a Pastor's Conference in Florida this week and have to be up in five hours) but while I was reading Scripture, I came across this and thought you might appreciate it as it relates to Holly's case and others.

Psalm 94

God, put an end to evil;
avenging God, show your colors!
Judge of the earth, take your stand;
throw the book at the arrogant.

God, the wicked get away with murder -
how long will you let this go on?
They brag and boast
and crow about their crimes!

They walk all over your people, God,
exploit and abuse your precious people.
They take out anyone who gets in their way;
if they can't use them, they kill them.
They think, "God isn't looking..."

Well, think again, you idiots,
fools - how long before you get smart?
Do you think the maker of the ear doesn't hear,
that He who made the eye doesn't see?

God knows, all right -
knows your stupidity,
sees your shallowness.

(This is from The Message translation of The Bible)

It seemed to apply well to this case and others.

Enjoy!

I don't know if it's worth looking at the direction this perp seemed to move in or not. I roughed out this map and the trail looks like an upside down U http://i52.tinypic.com/20k7jiw.jpg

I have no idea if I can make sense here, but Im gonna throw it out there:

Route 1 (Upside down "U") as you say:
If he went this way, then ended up back down 69 to get to the HWY (412) then he is likely from here, or he left Holly behind (God forbid) because if he was trying to get to 412 with her it makes more sense to just go the other way initially from her house.

Either way if he wanted to leave (I40 or 412) it doesnt make sense that he would make this circle. At least not and take Holly with him.

There are plenty of extenuating circumstances that could be interjected here, but if I dont keep it simple I may as well not speculate.

I think he went,
Route 2 (Right-side up "U"):
The police likely had some clue he headed "south" as this is where they setup a roadblock to look for witnesses.

If the item dropped near the school was her phone it makes sense to thow it there and to throw it first. I'm not so sure it was her phone, but if it was it makes sense to throw it there if you knew she went near there a lot.

Now he's gotten some distance and away he goes over to Gooch Rd, stops and throws more there.

Why I dunno. Why 2 places? Why lunchbag there?

If he wants to take her farther north, why pull out here? Etc...

Truth is I speculate a bit, but none of this helps except I try to find reason in there to give me hope she is still local and alive, but its really worthless improvisation!

>>I dunno what I did wrong with that quote but its all messed up<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member