TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mahmoo
Does anyone have any links about the scripture that was/is supposedly on the t-shirts that were/are being sold? I've been searching my butt off for any links referencing Holly's favorite bible verse being on the shirts. I came across a brief reference to it on WS and didn't save the link. I ran across a mention of her favorite verse on this site http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804
but still find the details rather vague on all this. Just wondering how it all evolved and how we got wind of it in the first place .
I'm trying not to think too much about the verse location (4:13) but it IS kind of hard to forget about it. Just a coincidence?
greengreen....have you seen the t-shirts? Do you know if, and what, scripture is on the back of them?

Not sure if this will help.
See:

Thread 12 -Scroll down to read Post 103
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134156&page=5

Also included in above post is link stating "favorite scripture of Holly's mother"
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

Then see:
(it was after being pointed out here that I took notice of the 4:13 and 4/13 & not sure if it was discussed prior, as i was scan reading to catch up, lol).
Thread 15 -Scroll to Post 21
TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

>>snip, snip<<

Wow, nice work and I 100% agree.

Different seasons and the Google shot was taken several years ago (UT Parsons was still under construction..) and there's a few more trees. If you actually go through the steps and go to Google Street View, it is readily apparent that this is the same location.

I find Helms's statement amazing.

It wasn't said that, "To my knowledge, we have no proof that Holly is alive or not."
The statement was, "To my knowledge, Holly has not been found."

Now, what are we to take from this?

I take it to mean that if she has not been found, then they really don't know one way or the other if she is alive or not.

Okay, here's something I just scooped...

The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road.

Look at this image of the searchers on their knees.

284006499.jpg

Now look at this one from Google Street View screen capture http://maps.google.com Type in, 2141 Tennessee Ave N Parsons, TN then go to Street View...

attachment.php

I'd say the locations are the same.

Why didn't anybody ask me where it was? Then I could have had the scoop! JK

Hi all, my late night ramblings on the case:

1) Generally we aren't allowed to talk scanner stuff up here, but I think the mods will forgive since I'm not discussing details of Holly's case per se: I think the weather has really put LE in somewhat of a holding pattern on this case. In listening to the scanner threads the past few nights you really get a sense of just how destructive these storms were and what a tough job LE officers have....they were rushing around opening storm shelters, fielding calls to come to the scene of downed power lines, trees blocking roadways, cars stuck in ditches, etc...and of course it takes them longer to respond to each call when they are avoiding downed power lines, trees and ditches themselves. I think they're very committed to finding Holly but at the same time, they can't neglect the safety of all the other residents. My hope is that now that this weather is dying down, they can get back to the task at hand.

2) I think the most interesting thing said the last few days is that the family and people close to them (which I interpret as maybe the neighbor and the boyfriend?), have been printed....someone asked on the last thread why this wasn't done earlier and I think it's because they didn't have any prints to compare it to earlier and maybe now they do. The frustrating thing is that would also mean that the prints are not in AFIS because otherwise, there'd really be no point in printing anyone else, would there?

I don't know if it's worth looking at the direction this perp seemed to move in or not. I roughed out this map and the trail looks like an upside down U http://i52.tinypic.com/20k7jiw.jpg

I have no idea if I can make sense here, but Im gonna throw it out there:

Route 1 (Upside down "U") as you say:
If he went this way, then ended up back down 69 to get to the HWY (412) then he is likely from here, or he left Holly behind (God forbid) because if he was trying to get to 412 with her it makes more sense to just go the other way initially from her house.

Either way if he wanted to leave (I40 or 412) it doesnt make sense that he would make this circle. At least not and take Holly with him.

There are plenty of extenuating circumstances that could be interjected here, but if I dont keep it simple I may as well not speculate.

I think he went,
Route 2 (Right-side up "U"):
The police likely had some clue he headed "south" as this is where they setup a roadblock to look for witnesses.

If the item dropped near the school was her phone it makes sense to thow it there and to throw it first. I'm not so sure it was her phone, but if it was it makes sense to throw it there if you knew she went near there a lot.

Now he's gotten some distance and away he goes over to Gooch Rd, stops and throws more there.

Why I dunno. Why 2 places? Why lunchbag there?

If he wants to take her farther north, why pull out here? Etc...

Truth is I speculate a bit, but none of this helps except I try to find reason in there to give me hope she is still local and alive, but its really worthless improvisation!

dotnetnow,

There is no doubt you are a guy. LOL! (and I say that with respect & affection.)

Even so, you end up right where I end up, thinking through it as logically as you can with hope in your heart only to realize it is just an exercise in improvisation.

we're here for ya.

welcome to WS!

:wagon:

I zoomed in to that area as closely as I could and it does look like there is some kind of road that runs beside the college back to Bible Hill Rd.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=....662836,-88.124524&spn=0.002715,0.005209&z=18

It's still not showing the new road. Or the doctor's office that was built before the college. The college is shown on there though (it is to the right and up a little bit from where it is marked). So I don't get it. Why wouldn't the dr.'s office be on there?

I could be remembering this wrong, but weren't there dogs in the Amber Dubois case that tracked her scent very close to where she was eventually found?

YES. The family hired some tracking dogs themselves and the dogs actually went to an area very very close to where she was killed, on local Indian land.
If I remember correctly it was at first discounted by LE.

It's still not showing the new road. Or the doctor's office that was built before the college. The college is shown on there though (it is to the right and up a little bit from where it is marked). So I don't get it. Why wouldn't the dr.'s office be on there?

googlemaps can be really freaky.

composite pictures. no guarantees the images of land adjacent to each other was actually shot on the same day.

something else that gives me a headache.

Like the damned lady that lives in my hubby's GPS who decided to take the long way home from DD's college last weekend. I'm talking 2 hours longer.

it's just scary.

googlemaps can be really freaky.

composite pictures. no guarantees the images of land adjacent to each other was actually shot on the same day.

something else that gives me a headache.

Like the damned lady that lives in my hubby's GPS who decided to take the long way home from DD's college last weekend. I'm talking 2 hours longer.

it's just scary.

hahaha Couldn't help but to laugh. I'm going to see if I can find something that has that road on there. Then the path might make more sense to everyone.

"The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road."
posted by V.V.

I wonder if there is any connection between the family tree service and this one near the search area?

Any employees in common, perhaps a disgruntled ex employee there now, or maybe the company has a rivalry or a vendetta?

Think I can put this out here as it seems to meet MSM and quotes TBI.

Decatur County, TN (Parsons, TN) - The search for Holly Bobo may focus more intently on finding a suspect related to the young woman's disappearance, according to TBI spokesperson Kristen Helms.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html

I think the reason for this statement is that they believe when they find the abductor, they will find her. MOO

...They wont say what it was they found but when I look on the map and where the evidence was found (if its accurrate) I can see how that would be very useful.

You start at Holly's home....

Im guessing he went south first (thats where the 1st roadblock was setup to interview people). The over to 69 and headed N. He threw out something there(I guess), and if that something were the cell phone it would make sense for being the 1st thing discarded...

Shortened by me.

Hi DotNetNow,

I've been catching up with this thread also, and wanted to touch on the same thing you are discussing. The map is a great place to start and the author deserves great thanks, HollyE!

I have thought about the maps quite a bit. I like your thought process and you very well might be right, but In my opinion, the perp didn't head to TN-69 first. TN-69 is a more traveled area. I checked out possible ways to get from TN-69 to Gooch and reaching Gooch road from TN-69 would mean they would need to essentially double back and make their way north, then west then south (It looks like a question mark).

I believe they first headed north toward Gooch Rd on a previously planned route. (The roads are very narrow and the area is sparsely populated) Then you can access TN-69 and head south toward Parsons. You have essentially made a giant "U" but you are heading south, to a more populated area. Why head into Parsons? Possibly a job, appointment, meeting, school, anything under the rainbow but an alibi, and not breaking a routine-not standing out.

Even more questions come about when you discuss roadblocks. I remember the Russell Williams case from Canada, road blocks were set up to check tire treads, and they connected the dots. His tire treads viewed at a roadblock connected him to the scene. It is likely that LE has an idea about the treads (Swan Johnson Rd looks small, so small that a person would need to pull their vehicle off the road to not be noticed) and positioned this roadblock to check tires as well as the drivers.

I have read that Police set up five road blocks, does anyone know where they were set up?

There are so many things about this that don't make any sense...

- How does a perp plan an attack for so long and then leave evidence along the streets?

-Why not leave it in one place? Did he remove the duct tape from her mouth and allow her to eat her lunch from the bag? (I guess this would be a good sign)

-If there was blood at the scene, it must be the victim's blood or else shouldn't we be seeing DNA swabs for people in immediate contact with the victim? (Classmates, Exs, Coworkers, Friends...)

-Either way, he made noise while leaving with her, whether on an ATV or in a car (pumped full of adrenaline) going down a country road. But no one noticed any vehicle?

Any thoughts?

"The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road."
posted by V.V.

I wonder if there is any connection between the family tree service and this one near the search area?

Any employees in common, perhaps a disgruntled ex employee there now, or maybe the company has a rivalry or a vendetta?

What might they be searching for? Maybe a cig butt thrown out the window as someone was driving into or leaving work?

I'd also thought that maybe they searched that entire stretch of road on their hands and knees and this just happened to be where the photographer took the photo of them.

Could be significant, could be nothing. Welcome to the Holly Bobo case...

What might they be searching for? Maybe a cig butt thrown out the window as someone was driving into or leaving work?

I'd also thought that maybe they searched that entire stretch of road on their hands and knees and this just happened to be where the photographer took the photo of them.

Could be significant, could be nothing. Welcome to the Holly Bobo case...

It was told to me they searched the whole stretch of road. Probably coincidental that is where the photo was taken.

I get the loser award tonight....I saw Vic's name and thought I was posting in the basement....my apologies!
:doh:

Let's hope Thursday is the day this family gets some peace.

I still tend to think it won't be the peace we all want but either way I hope we're getting closer. The statements of Bill Way still have me scratching my head but so does everything else in this case.

When I contrast this to a case in NH with no witnesses I see a totally different mode of operation that LEOs must have had for a reason. All is not what it appears as they said.

Night.

Stolly!

:welcome:

alibi thinking. yup. that is what I thought too - in my simplest theory.

I find it curious that the gov's reward is for Kidnapping. And all this super-secrecy...and protection of the family...and the ability to find these clues in a haystack...and the apparent productivity of the tips...

Those things point to something different than the simplest solution here - which is an acquaintance/stalker opportunistic sexual assault/murder in the woods and a get-a-way, carry on as if nothing happened.

Shortened by me.

There are so many things about this that don't make any sense...

1. How does a perp plan an attack for so long and then leave evidence along the streets?

2.Why not leave it in one place? Did he remove the duct tape from her mouth and allow her to eat her lunch from the bag? (I guess this would be a good sign)

3.If there was blood at the scene, it must be the victim's blood or else shouldn't we be seeing DNA swabs for people in immediate contact with the victim? (Classmates, Exs, Coworkers, Friends...)

4.Either way, he made noise while leaving with her, whether on an ATV or in a car (pumped full of adrenaline) going down a country road. But no one noticed any vehicle?

Any thoughts?

1&2: I take these as good signs that he is not the standard "take and kill" in as quick and secretive manner possible. These things are odd abductor behavior I think ( but Im just a guy who is posting on a message board ).

If a guy is just going to take her, attack her, and kill her then why scatter the stuff so much away from where you left her. If you're in "hide" stuff mode (as with the body) you hide it you dont toss it out the window or pull over and throw it out.

3. Can't know! I don't think they'd tell us if they were testing people. This community and LE have been really unified and quiet.

4. I think they may have figured out where he started from, but he must've been lucky and no one saw his vehicle or they would have plastered that out there with the limited description initially.

As far as the map goes. I know what you mean. I've looked at the map down to the small roads and tracked different paths both ways to the evidence. I simply chose the one that fit the "hunch" with a few probable(in my mind) guesses about the evidence thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay