TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think normally NG would be all over Holly's case, but I don't think she can get anyone close to the investigation or even a local resident to talk about it on air. She has no one to interview.

Oh she could gather her talking heads lol

I think the only reason she wouldnt open her mouth was LE...
If ya notice no one is talking about her sure a little bit on the news but .. thats about it!

What would authorities have to do to move/expedite a suspect from one state to another, another location, etc.?

Hi Norest!

I know LE wants to bring her home in the safest way possible, but do u think they will?

Where do you think this is going?

I just never saw a case like this is all

Will we be comming back to this thread in a years time wondering if they found anything.

Soon the towns ppl will start talking and then we will find out some things.

JMPO

I really don't think the towns people will come out and talk with the media in depth about Holly's case. Small rural areas seem to be much more of the opinion that all comments should come from LE only. I doubt anyone there is out to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I am not so pessimistic. I think LE IS making progress and this case will be brought to a final resolution. Missing person cases are hard to solve when the person is abducted in a blink of an eye but they are solvable if LE continues to investigate and they will do so, imo.

We have no idea how many people they have interviewed by now but it is not uncommon for the police to request that the persons spoken to not to divulge what was said to the media. Rural citizens seem more disciplined and will respect what LE has asked of them.

And they really shouldn't comment on the ongoing case. If any comments are to be released it needs to come from LE only for it protects the integrity of their case.

IMO

That would make sense.

It would make sense if that was the norm, if things really happened that way. Unfortunately, from all I've seen through years of sleuthing cases, the minute the information dries up, so does the case. Sad, but true, in my opinion.

It would make sense if that was the norm, if things really happened that way. Unfortunately, from all I've seen through years of sleuthing cases, the minute the information dries up, so does the case. Sad, but true, in my opinion.

I think we tend to think that. Maybe because we want the case solved quickly but behind the scenes LE is diligently still working the cases. We have often seen case we thought would probably never be solved but they finally happened.

The media may drop Holly from its reporting but LE will continue on.

IMO

My DIL hates to watch CSI.....crimes don't get solved in one hour in real life. A lot of the testing that is done on evidence takes time. After the testing is done the results may be known to LE, but it's only one piece of the puzzle. They want to put the whole puzzle together before they reveal the answer.

Town people are already talking but it falls into the rumor category so we cant talk about it here...I have heard lots of talk actually..

Maybe LE will come forward with some info soon! I sure hope so!

JMO, MOO -- This is only a question in my pondering mind:

Still wondering about the possible stalking of Holly starting with a guy's obsession over the country music star, Whitney Duncan, possibly seeing Holly pictured with her on the internet, thought Holly was just as desirable, knew that the country star had protection and bodyguards, then went for Holly, first determining where she lived, then scoping things out and deciding it was feasible to grab her.

Eileen...it's not about what LE tells the public. It's about Holly and bringing her home in the safest way possible. LE doesn't care what any of us think or want. Once we understand and accept this, it will be easier to accept their silence. Some may never accept it, but we won't be able to know until this is over.

Agree 100%.

I suppose, it could be, that LE knows this is personal - knows who took Holly.

It sure seems it was a planned, targeted "kidnapping".

But if they had confidence about who the perp is, under what circumstances would they not put out a public BOLO?

To protect Holly somehow? :waitasec:
Because they are negotiating Holly's hostage situation?
To encourage accomplices to come forward - (the reward)?
To protect a larger LE objective (a sting of some sort)?
Because there were threats to Holly that previously went largely ignored by LE? (trying to avoid criticism of local LE?)

I don't get the total silence - it's very confusing. I keep thinking that there's a purpose to it though. And then I realize, it's just as likely that there is no purpose to it that has to do with Holly.

:praying: for Holly & her family

fwiw: there are still 33 members and 37 guests on this thread. they are not all posting; I sure wish they would. Last night, there were as many as 130 +/- here. Maybe more. IMO, here at WS, that is pretty high interest given the dirth of news on this case. c'mon WS-ers! It would be nice for everyone to say why YOU are still here. And what keeps bringing you back / troubles you most. Within TOS, obvs. :yes:

Town people are already talking but it falls into the rumor category so we cant talk about it here...I have heard lots of talk actually..

Maybe LE will come forward with some info soon! I sure hope so!

Ah, see! That is interesting to know. Not that rumor mills are good things. But in a small town, you'd expect talk. It is only human. Knowing there is local scuttlebutt and not some collective silence, does make the case feel a bit more ... normal.

So thanks for that!

Like I said earlier, maybe the abductor was already arrested for something else, then subsequently fessed up to abducting Holly. Now, they are trying to determine where Holly is, alive or deceased.

Or, maybe there is more than 1 abductor, as you say, accomplices, and LE is trying to determine where they are while running a parallel search for Holly.

JMO

Like I said earlier, maybe the abductor was already arrested for something else, then subsequently fessed up to abducting Holly. Now, they are trying to determine where Holly is, alive or deceased.

Or, maybe there is more than 1 abductor, as you say, accomplices, and LE is trying to determine where they are while running a parallel search for Holly.

:yes:

right. along these lines, LE silence would make sense. someone already in custody - for other reasons. chasing down remaining accomplices, if any.... or staking them out...

I hope I'm wrong but I think the way Holly's mom reacted to the "significant" Eaton plant area find could indicate just how little LE have had to go on. Maybe they were that desperate for something solid. I know Holly's family feels incredibly appreciative of the searchers but part of the dynamic of her reaction might have been from her feeling the investigation was bogging down.

We're never sure! The Kyron Horman fundraisers have been to offset the cost of SAR teams here in Oregon, from what has been reported.

If I were to donate to such a fund, I would ask for an accounting and make sure they are a federally approved non-profit. This is why we rarely allow calls for donations on Websleuths. I'm not saying this group isn't using money for finding Holly, but we don't have the resources here to know for sure.

To my understanding, the HollyBobo Fund is going to the family for them to use how they need it. EX they have obviously not been working and still have bills to pay. They could also use it for the reward money if that is utilized. It is NOT for a vacation. But you know what I think we all need one lol

Emma...I'm here because I hope for resolution. I think of Holly and pray for her daily. I pray for her family to have peace, and closure. This case continues to draw me because it's relatively a local crime, my DIL worked the crime scene and because I'm a mom. I'm a mom who wouldn't want anyone to go through the nightmare this family is going through.

What troubles me most is the rumors. I don't think the rumors are productive in solving this case and in some instances are heart breaking to the family.

I suppose, it could be, that LE knows this is personal - knows who took Holly.

It sure seems it was a planned, targeted "kidnapping".

But if they had confidence about who the perp is, under what circumstances would they not put out a public BOLO?

To protect Holly somehow? :waitasec:
Because they are negotiating Holly's hostage situation?
To encourage accomplices to come forward - (the reward)?
To protect a larger LE objective (a sting of some sort)?
Because there were threats to Holly that previously went largely ignored by LE? (trying to avoid criticism of local LE?)

I don't get the total silence - it's very confusing. I keep thinking that there's a purpose to it though. And then I realize, it's just as likely that there is no purpose to it that has to do with Holly.

:praying: for Holly & her family

fwiw: there are still 33 members and 37 guests on this thread. they are not all posting; I sure wish they would. Last night, there were as many as 130 +/- here. Maybe more. IMO, here at WS, that is pretty high interest given the dirth of news on this case. c'mon WS-ers! It would be nice for everyone to say why YOU are still here. And what keeps bringing you back / troubles you most. Within TOS, obvs. :yes:

BBM: I just feel like this case is mysterious in that no pressers are being held now. I have not followed a ton of cases on WS, but most I have covered there are some pressers held by either family or LE. Holly's poor dear parents cannot even stand to appear on camera as they seem so distraught and they need answers. I keep coming back because I want to see a happy ending for a change. It does not happen often, and I know the odds of time missing, etc., but with prayers and all the support and all the agencies involved, I don't think it is impossible.

Respectfully snipped by me. I've been lurking on WS since the beginning of the Bethany Decker case and began to read/follow other stories here. I must say, I love the respect of this board for each of its members.

That being said, I am here for Holly. Her smile is infectious. I was raised in a small town and imagine what a tragedy it would be if something like this happend there. And I think to myself, that I believe our townspeople would react the same way. Small country towns are amazing. The way they love and protect their own is unmeasurable.

I'm here for Holly. Hoping and Praying for her return to her family, to being held and loved by those who care so deeply about her.

Off to lurk again. Blessing to all of you and yours.

Emma...I'm here because I hope for resolution. I think of Holly and pray for her daily. I pray for her family to have peace, and closure. This case continues to draw me because it's relatively a local crime, my DIL worked the crime scene and because I'm a mom. I'm a mom who wouldn't want anyone to go through the nightmare this family is going through.

What troubles me most is the rumors. I don't think the rumors are productive in solving this case and in some instances are heart breaking to the family.

I agree but the best way to quash rumors is to speak, IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay