TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Clint grab a weapon and try and pursue?? Realizing how close the times are, any man would arm up (grab a gun, knife, bat etc) and run like hell to try and pursue.

Had it been me I would have been well armed and tearing through those woods at speeds that would make a sprinter look slow.

Do we have any info on if he tried to follow?

No, nothing reported that he either did, or did not, pursue. My money is on he did pursue.

They did that. In the first hours. Our scanners don't miss a trick!

The simple answer is ... they got nada for sure that they could tie to this case...

Thank you!! I figured that, but hadn't seen it posted anywhere. Bummer.

This IMO could be another reason why they are so well guarded....I can't currently find the link but someone said there were two family dogs and one was a larger sized dog (only implying that it was like an outside dog because of size) but again.....we won't know unless that info is released.:banghead:

Still catching up so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I believe I read a post here on WS that the two family dogs were a Golden Retriever and a small breed (lap dog type).

Being a Golden lover, they do *not* adapt well to being "outside" dogs - they love their families and want to be with their people...I can't guarantee that the Bobo's dog was true to breed, but would be willing to bet that it was used to being inside the house if there were people home.

JMO

About 10 miles

There is a home for sale right there on swan johnson road right next to the neighbors house its set back offf the road like the bobo's house he could have parked his car there and that would be why the neighbor heard the scream

They did that. In the first hours. Our scanners don't miss a trick!

The simple answer is ... they got nada for sure that they could tie to this case...

Wow... thanks for clearing that up for us. How is this possible? I'm not familiar with scanners, so I'm not sure how they work, but I don't understand why it wouldn't have been picked up.

Wow... thanks for clearing that up for us. How is this possible? I'm not familiar with scanners, so I'm not sure how they work, but I don't understand why it wouldn't have been picked up.

I'm not a star scanner or anything .... one or two of them might be along the thread to provide more insight ... but here's a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Not all calls are put out on the scanner channel that the public can listen to.

We know (after the fact) that this call was coded as a "home invasion".
Some 911 dispatches go straight to private radio channels - or even cell phones. Maybe "home invasions" go straight to private radio channel as a rule in that district. They might do that out of respect for privacy ... esp. in a small town ... if folks like to listen...

Sometimes you hear the dispatcher request officers go to TAC - which is private. Then all you can know as a scanner is ... something's up that they are using private channels for ... and listen on ...

All of the above is just me making a few best guesses. .

Hope that helps for now, though.

Based on everything going on in terms of how the case is being handled, and IMO, MOO etc....

I believe we're going to find this is a well healed member of a very well off family from somewhere within the area/general community. There are some enormous tracts of land many are privately owned.

They've gone totally silent for a reason, they've stopped public searches for a reason. Something is going on IMO.

bbm: imhoo the "volunteer" searches have been called off due to tornados... flooding... bad, bad, bad weather.

The Jackson article I linked earlier said LE is still searching.

The reason for no volunteers is danger and also the fact that some areas may be covered in water. I do not personally see "something going on" being the reason but that is jmhoo.

((am I the only one who thinks that the weather is hampering the search? and the reporting??? as all the "informative" reporting seems to have been done during the massive volunteer searches))

Did some FB snooping... (all public mods) and CB has or someone on his behalf has logged into FB recently. His profile pic changed to an HB poster. HB's FB friend's list has dropped another person. I may have noticed who it is....should I mention it or figure that LE is all over her FB and would have noticed on their own.

Decatur County scanner feed was down that morning so we couldn't get anything.

we listen to SWVA feed which also carry some TN feeds. What was heard we could not say if was from Decatur County or what county it was from.

So no we could not hear any calls from Decatur the morning of the 13th.

For some reason LE is keeping that 911 call very close to the vest.:banghead:

There is a home for sale right there on swan johnson road right next to the neighbors house its set back offf the road like the bobo's house he could have parked his car there and that would be why the neighbor heard the scream

Ahh...good catch there. That could very well be a possiblity Eileen730!

I am very surprised that the media has not FOI'd search warrants and the 911 transcripts in this case.

very surprised that they have not..

or maybe they have and their attempts have been foiled?

either way.. it all makes no sense ((lack of investigative reporting especially considering it is a case that has gone National and international even))

moo bah quack, etc

Decatur County scanner feed was down that morning so we couldn't get anything.

we listen to SWVA feed which also carry some TN feeds. What was heard we could not say if was from Decatur County or what county it was from.

So no we could not hear any calls from Decatur the morning of the 13th.

For some reason LE is keeping that 911 call very close to the vest.:banghead:

ah! ... and there's the real scoop on Decatur feeds that morning from tfrohning! TY!

I am very surprised that the media has not FOI'd search warrants and the 911 transcripts in this case.

very surprised that they have not..

or maybe they have and their attempts have been foiled?

either way.. it all makes no sense ((lack of investigative reporting especially considering it is a case that has gone National and international even))

moo bah quack, etc

I guess I assumed TBI put the kibosh on all that FOI action...right away. And if they did, well, ain't that interesting. hmmmmm... :cow:

Some things I have been thinking about:

1. Duct Tape- She was heard screaming, so obviously she didn't have it on her mouth from the time she left the car to where they heard the screams. So, sometime after that they must have put the tape on her mouth. What bothers me about this is that there was some tape found, and we don't know if it was for her mouth, hands, or both. Why take it off? I hate to say this, but was she already killed, or secured in a trunk, bunker, or other place?
2. I was thinking more on the planning part of the perp. I was wondering if they chose Tues. because of the impending storms that were coming. Using that to their benefit to "wash" away evidence? It really seems there was a lot of planning here, but that is JMO. The things we do know as true seem to point in that direction IMO. I am just hoping that the blood wasn't HB's, and that LE will be able to get a suspect based on DNA. Worst part of that is the waiting.....

bbm: imhoo the "volunteer" searches have been called off due to tornados... flooding... bad, bad, bad weather.

The Jackson article I linked earlier said LE is still searching.

The reason for no volunteers is danger and also the fact that some areas may be covered in water. I do not personally see "something going on" being the reason but that is jmhoo.

((am I the only one who thinks that the weather is hampering the search? and the reporting??? as all the "informative" reporting seems to have been done during the massive volunteer searches))

As soon as the public searches stopped, the leaks stopped. The case got to a point where they could not risk public leaks. I would bet you dozens, probably a few hundred volunteers were still ready to show up. Sure the weather has been horrible but we have stuff found Sat/Sun that may have been deemed significant, her poor mom making a statement along the lines of being relieved. The TBI said ""Not only has it given the family hope, it's given the investigators hope" http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/25/tennessee.missing.woman/

Then the public searches stopped and really all public comments from everyone. Two things...there's a reason for it beyond just the weather. It could be simply that the leaks were putting the case in jeopardy, it could be that they have all that they need and the pro searchers have it covered.

I think everyone knows who did it in the community. I think LE knows exactly who it is too but they have this tricky issue of probable cause to search and gather evidence. But like my story of a few days ago - the right amount of money and influence can make a lot of things go away. I won't get into the cases that long predate this site but there are plenty of famous cases where people died and influential people got away with it.

What I wonder in these cases....do rich powerful people worry more about how the community will view THEM in light of what a relative may have done more than they worry about the community good? I hate to say it I think many times these types are more worried about what an admission of wrong doing would do to their status than what it IS doing to the victims.

These are religious people that believe in forgiveness, it's time to put all of this to an end, come forward and let the healing and forgiveness begin.

ALL IMO

Is the perpetrator a local? Did he know the Bobos? Did he know their routines? I don't know. It surprises me that he abducted HB when her brother was home. Didn't he know about the brother? Did he think, once the parents left, that HB was home alone? If he knew CB was in the house, he took a big gamble. How would he know that CB, if he were to see the abduction, wouldn't come out the door with a shotgun? If he didn't know about the brother, then perhaps he did not know the Bobos. And perhaps he hadn't really "stalked" HB for long. I said it before: I wonder if HB just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As soon as the public searches stopped, the leaks stopped. The case got to a point where they could not risk public leaks. I would bet you dozens, probably a few hundred volunteers were still ready to show up. Sure the weather has been horrible but we have stuff found Sat/Sun that may have been deemed significant, her poor mom making a statement along the lines of being relieved. The TBI said ""Not only has it given the family hope, it's given the investigators hope" http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/25/tennessee.missing.woman/

Then the public searches stopped and really all public comments from everyone. Two things...there's a reason for it beyond just the weather. It could be simply that the leaks were putting the case in jeopardy, it could be that they have all that they need and the pro searchers have it covered.

I think everyone knows who did it in the community. I think LE knows exactly who it is too but they have this tricky issue of probable cause to search and gather evidence. But like my story of a few days ago - the right amount of money and influence can make a lot of things go away. I won't get into the cases that long predate this site but there are plenty of famous cases where people died and influential people got away with it.

What I wonder in these cases....do rich powerful people worry more about how the community will view THEM in light of what a relative may have done more than they worry about the community good? I hate to say it I think many times these types are more worried about what an admission of wrong doing would do to their status than what it IS doing to the victims.

These are religious people that believe in forgiveness, it's time to put all of this to an end, come forward and let the healing and forgiveness begin.

ALL IMO

I completely agree that when the searching stopped so did the reporting..

however that being said, the reporters seemed to be reporting on the searching and nothing else..

LE is still searching but we do not see media reporting on what they are finding or doing....

this is the lag imhoo..

Is the perpetrator a local? Did he know the Bobos? Did he know their routines? I don't know. It surprises me that he abducted HB when her brother was home. Didn't he know about the brother? Did he think, once the parents left, that HB was home alone? If he knew CB was in the house, he took a big gamble. How would he know that CB, if he were to see the abduction, wouldn't come out the door with a shotgun? If he didn't know about the brother, then perhaps he did not know the Bobos. And perhaps he hadn't really "stalked" HB for long. I said it before: I wonder if HB just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Does CB live in the house too? I didn't know that info. That would definitely be a risky thing to do taking her while he was home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay