TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one (and only) thing LE has given us of late is, of course, the rising estimate of the suspect's height and weight (after three weeks, oddly). Fits right in with Mr Nickell's now. Hm.

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TNSO005150/Jason-Everett-Nickell.html

Maybe behind the scenes he is being interviewed every day. Maybe they believe it is him but do not have any evidence, but hope by altering the description somewhat it may lead to someone remembering something. I don't know...just hoping LE has a good suspect.

Were all this happening where I live, where LE is not thought of particularly highly and with good reason, that height/weight change, after the arrest of a sex offender, would trigger in the populace the thought that someone was being set up in order that an offender with better connections might be let off. Not saying that would necessarily be the case, of course, nor is the case here.

What's your opinion on why the dogs didn't pick up Holly's scent going into the woods and onward?

You weren't asking me, of course, but I suspect (based on something SARX said) that it wasn't so much that they didn't find a trail at all but were perhaps confused by the excess of her scent in the area.

The one (and only) thing LE has given us of late is, of course, the rising estimate of the suspect's height and weight (after three weeks, oddly). Fits right in with Mr Nickell's now. Hm.

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TNSO005150/Jason-Everett-Nickell.html

I just hope that LE isn't honing in on Nickell because it's convenient in order to calm the town down. I highly doubt it, but it is odd that they changed the description of Holly"s abductor after they had him under arrest; and one would think that if they would announce that they have a "person of interest" in custody. I was molested at age 11, and from what I've learned since then-that's kind of at the "older" edge of age that child molesters go after.

While I believe Holly was startled by the abductor, I don't think she was injured at that initial time....because she didn't drop her lunch bag or books. I don't know what I think about the blood. But I don't think its Holly's.

I'll admit the books have thrown me from the beginning. I don't see how or why the abductor would take them along. Even in a book bag. It's just in the way. And a potential weapon, if she were to start trying to whack him with it. Very puzzling....

Side note. Another reason I can't fit the RSO is this.

If he took Holly on the 13th, and was arrested on the 16th for two other crimes, the window of opportunity for him to have cleaned up and covered his tracks is very, very small.

In addition to that, as disgusting as this is to fathom, he would have had to "come down" off the rush of commiting such a heinous act, and be ready to gear up for his next one in less than 72 hours.

Quoted my own post to make a correction. The RSO was picked for the 2 stalking charges on the 18th (although I've read other articles that say the 16th), however the stalking crimes are said to have taken place between April 4th - 6th. So, his window of opportunity would have been larger, than I initially thought.

That said, to me he still doesn't fit.

Quoted my own post to make a correction. The RSO was picked for the 2 stalking charges on the 18th (although I've read other articles that say the 16th), however the stalking crimes are said to have taken place between April 4th - 6th. So, his window of opportunity would have been larger, than I initially thought.

That said, to me he still doesn't fit.

He could fit, if his intention was to kidnap one of the other young women and knew he had been noticed so decided to change his MO to one of surprise/attack. He is listed as "violent". I'd like to see his entire criminal record.

JACKSON, Tennessee (i.b.nora reporting) -- There seems to be some confusion over a few things concerning Jason Nickell.

SATURDAY APRIL 16, 2011

http://www.cityofjackson.net/departments/police/dailyarrests.html

CITY OF JACKSON TENNESSEE
DAILY ARRESTS

Saturday- 4/16/11
SEX
RACE

Nickell, Jason Everett
M

W

Stalking x2

+

MONDAY APRIL 18, 2011

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110419/NEWS01/104190308/1002/Offender-accused-stalking-2-women

Offender accused of stalking 2 women
9:19 PM, Apr. 18, 2011 (MONDAY)

Nickell was arraigned in Jackson City Court on Monday and was being held on $75,000 bond.

His next scheduled court appearance is at 9:30 a.m. April 28 in City Court.

AND

Benton County Sex Offender Arrested after Stalking 2 Teens in Jackson
Monday, April 18, 2011 2:25 PM
Staff Reports

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsou...rested-after-stalking-2-teens-in-jackson.html

He was formally arraigned in Jackson City Court this morning (MONDAY APRIL 18, 2011) and is being held in lieu of $75,000 bond. His next scheduled court appearance is April 28 at 9:30 a.m. in city court.

WE KNOW THE DICKSON 'CHARGES' WERE DISMISSED BECAUSE NICKELL HAD AN ALIBI FOR THAT TIME PERIOD.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 20, 2011

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110421/NEWS01/104210302

Man charged with stalking gets higher bond
9:00 PM, Apr. 20, 2011 WEDNESDAY

A Benton County man accused of stalking appeared in Jackson City Court on Wednesday morning.

Jason Everett Nickell, 39, of Holladay, is charged by police with two counts of stalking concerning two young women who were pursued in various locations.

During a bond hearing Wednesday ( WEDNESDAY APRIL 20, 2011 ) , Nickell's attorney asked for Nickell's bond to remain the same, but Judge Blake Anderson raised his bond to $300,000.

His next court appearance, which will be a preliminary hearing, is set for 9:30 a.m. April 28.

AND, WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED IN COURT ON APRIL 28 ??? ANYONE???

Side note. Another reason I can't fit the RSO is this.

If he took Holly on the 13th, and was arrested on the 16th for two other crimes, the window of opportunity for him to have cleaned up and covered his tracks is very, very small.

In addition to that, as disgusting as this is to fathom, he would have had to "come down" off the rush of commiting such a heinous act, and be ready to gear up for his next one in less than 72 hours.

Going with tthe thought above about his having to "come down" before his next one in less than 72 hours.. He did not succeed in either of the the two girls that he is charged with stalking..he got no further than stalking Thank God!! So 72 hours later he would've desperately been seeking to fufill his sick fantasy that he had failed to go thru with on the two college girls..

The was plenty of time and no high to come off of..only a desperation that was growing stronger by the hour..

Earlier in the case, a former Tennessee ATF agent, James Cavanaugh, gave his thoughts, among them,
---
The crime seems to have been carefully planned with the abductor placing a lot of time and effort into locating, surveilling and even stalking Holly.

Likely the abductor surveiled the Bobo house for at least a couple of days. This surveillance would have taken place from the woods where a person in camouflage clothing would easily remain undetected. Once the abductor had the family’s routine down he could then plan this time to intercept Holly as she walked to her car.
---
much more here: http://www.ticklethewire.com/2011/0...sights-and-advice-on-hunt-for-nursing-student

To me, based on what we know, this just doesn't sound like Nickell's method of operation.

Great info, nora! Thanks.... obviously the judge feels he's a dangerous threat since they raised the bail so dramatically. Wonder if the college girls were blondes...

interesting read,wfgot.

(from link above)
In Holly’s case she may have been walked, but could have also been transported by ATV to a waiting vehicle.

However, that would have required that the ATV was loaded onto a trailer, open or closed, or into the back of a pickup truck or other truck. She may have been tied or taped and restrained and loaded into the back of such a vehicle.

If Holly was in the back of the trailer-perhaps She was kicking items out of the back? I like that he thinks it's possible that whoever took her is keeping her. Gives me hope

Going with tthe thought above about his having to "come down" before his next one in less than 72 hours.. He did not succeed in either of the the two girls that he is charged with stalking..he got no further than stalking Thank God!! So 72 hours later he would've desperately been seeking to fufill his sick fantasy that he had failed to go thru with on the two college girls..

The was plenty of time and no high to come off of..only a desperation that was growing stronger by the hour..

True, he was not successful in those 2 cases. But, he seems to choose women in open spaces where he is free to walk after them, or drive up to them. Also, maybe he's more familiar with that county and area since it appears he continues to stay in the same general area, which is quite a distance away from Holly's home.

He could be the guy, but it still seems like a big stretch for him, IMO. The
kidnapping charge was dropped. And even though he's classified as violent his past crimes, stalking, lewd exposure are cowardly types of crimes. So far, he
hasn't exhibited the courage it would take to pull off an abduction like Hollys.

Has this been posted here? Dickson kidnapping info.

<snip>
The Dickson woman picked Nickell, who is a registered sex offender, out of a lineup. But local police recalled the warrant.

&#8220;He had an alibi on our case. He&#8217;s not our suspect,&#8221; Lyell said. &#8220;We&#8217;re still looking.&#8221;

According to Lyell, the Dickson woman described the suspect as a heavyset white male in his mid-20s with brown- or dark-colored hair and a beard. She said he was wearing a black shirt and black pants and was driving a two-door, turquoise vehicle, possibly a Grand Prix, with black bumpers.

She said about 3 p.m. she was walking on College Street when the suspect stopped his vehicle in the road and asked for directions to a tattoo shop, Lyell said. The suspect was holding a business card inside the vehicle and said it was a card for the tattoo shop. The woman leaned forward to view the card closer and the suspect grabbed her arm, Lyell said. The suspect&#8217;s pants were down and he was exposed, Lyell added. She hit the man with her free hand was able to run away, according to Lyell.

So the woman picked Nickell out of a lineup, yet her description of him didn't fit?? Could it be perhaps she didn't get a good look at him? She states he had a beard...he could have very easily had a beard, but had shaved by the time of arrest.

Very curious about his alibi!

More at the link: http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...26064/Woman-escapes-abduction-attempt-Dickson

Has this been posted here? Dickson kidnapping info.

<snip>
The Dickson woman picked Nickell, who is a registered sex offender, out of a lineup. But local police recalled the warrant.

“He had an alibi on our case. He’s not our suspect,” Lyell said. “We’re still looking.”

According to Lyell, the Dickson woman described the suspect as a heavyset white male in his mid-20s with brown- or dark-colored hair and a beard. She said he was wearing a black shirt and black pants and was driving a two-door, turquoise vehicle, possibly a Grand Prix, with black bumpers.

She said about 3 p.m. she was walking on College Street when the suspect stopped his vehicle in the road and asked for directions to a tattoo shop, Lyell said. The suspect was holding a business card inside the vehicle and said it was a card for the tattoo shop. The woman leaned forward to view the card closer and the suspect grabbed her arm, Lyell said. The suspect’s pants were down and he was exposed, Lyell added. She hit the man with her free hand was able to run away, according to Lyell.

So the woman picked Nickell out of a lineup, yet her description of him didn't fit?? Could it be perhaps she didn't get a good look at him? She states he had a beard...he could have very easily had a beard, but had shaved by the time of arrest.

Very curious about his alibi!

More at the link: http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...26064/Woman-escapes-abduction-attempt-Dickson

So is this the case where charges were dropped?

It does seem almost too "easy" if this guy turns out to the one who also took Holly, a very busy month for him indeed.

I'm sorry she picked him out of a lineup..but he's not our guy??

So, this girl just lied and randomly decided to choose someone from the line up and it just happened to be Nickell??..WTH?? Why even have the line up and drag a victim down there to do the line up if when she picks out the perp you then basically accuse her of lying and that he's not "our guy"..Again just WTH??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed