TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are/were some people on here familiar with the nursing program at UT and specifically this branch. Perhaps they could help by giving a bit of a run down on the 'typical' schedule- what the schedule is like, where students hang out, etc?

Even if you knew a typical schedule, it would be pure speculation (at best) of what Holly's schedule was like. That info just isn't going to happen...:(

Humpf........I am totally confused and frustrated! Come on someone! please??

One thing that is especially unusual in this case is that it is one of the rare witnessed abductions and yet we know less than we've known about almost any case I can think of.

Yes it certainly seems as tho absolutely everyone is mum on all things Holly. Even our few posters that we had here regularly posting that were locals and able to atleast give us info og general things about the are and the way things run.. But they are even mum..

IIRC the veryast post made by one of them stated something about their local LE not wanting them to talk about the case therefor we would not be seeing posts from him anymore.

Why is that?

Despite having access to everyone involved in the disapparance pretty much from the minute they arrived on scene they never could put 2 and 2 together and ultimately the people most likely to have been involved in her disappearance (no one I dont think was ever named a POI or suspect) could only be nabbed on unrelated charges (bad checks, pushing pills, etc). People brought in to help from the outside only muddled things and made it worse.

In a month and a half we really dont know much more than we knew 36 hours into Holly's disappearance.

There is the Brother's statement

The two 911 calls

Some small amount of blood in "the car port"

Holly's lunch bag found 8 miles away

Some item found Easter Sunday

Thats it. There is NOTHING ELSE that is actually confirmed. Despite all the notions about stuff being left all around town to throw off the chase, only one found item has been named and its location given. So who knows what really was or was not found anywhere. To say there is some trail, real or imagined, can not be based on known fact just supposition. The un-named item found on Easter is interesting becasue it has been described as "a game changer" but also "maybe not significant".

Thats about it... Its not hard to summarize this one.

This is my first post on WS so please go easy on me if I post something that I shouldn't have.

I think Holly is the victim of a pre-meditated abduction. It is the only scenario that fits for me. Someone stalked her and the took her for reasons unknown. LE may have dna from the suspect and are trying to match it up. This will take time because there are so many people to be checked.

1. people from the coon hunt that took place in Parsons on April 7-9.
2. students and faculty from her school.
3. local people that have had contact with Holly.

My only hope is that Holly will be found. If enough people care this case will not go cold.
I can't imagine what the family is going through.

This is my first post on WS so please go easy on me if I post something that I shouldn't have.

I think Holly is the victim of a pre-meditated abduction. It is the only scenario that fits for me. Someone stalked her and the took her for reasons unknown. LE may have dna from the suspect and are trying to match it up. This will take time because there are so many people to be checked.

My only hope is that Holly will be found. If enough people care this case will not go cold.

:welcome4:

I am leaning towards #3.

Definitely premeditated....

I think someone local....

What the heck is taking so long?!

Despite having access to everyone involved in the disapparance pretty much from the minute they arrived on scene they never could put 2 and 2 together and ultimately the people most likely to have been involved in her disappearance (no one I dont think was ever named a POI or suspect) could only be nabbed on unrelated charges (bad checks, pushing pills, etc). People brought in to help from the outside only muddled things and made it worse.

Well, I guess we just see it differently.

In reality, it is not as simple as putting 2 and 2 together.

It is very frustrating that Holly has not been found. It is easy to let frustration lead to blame and then misdirect that blame to those working the hardest.

I think the common ground is that she cannot be found quick enough.

The same reason thousands of law abiding Americans no longer fly. Law abiding citizens have become exhausted from the constant searches, patdowns, nude body scans, tracking devices on cars, and warrantless wiretaps. Those of us who would've allowed a search of our home without a warrant a decade ago are just tired of being searched.

I do understand your thought process, however ten years ago 3000 people died because we didn't have pat downs and body scanners. If having these things in place means my children and I can safely take a vacation, then I truly don't mind the extra safety precautions. Also, my point wasn't that everytime someone goes missing that LE should have absolute authority to go to door searching homes, but in this particular case they have indicated that they believe that the suspect is local and have exhausted all other options. Extreme times call for extreme measures. I know in my heart if it were your child or mine and we lived in a small town where LE thought a local had our child, we would want door to door and property searches to be allowed. JMHO

WHAT is the Holly Bobo Tactical SAR??
I am now thoroughly confused.

I'm pretty certain that is a FB page that has been well established as a fraud. It's run by a Tony <somebody> and been discussed as a scam on "We will find you Holly" FB page. and such illustrious <cough> sources as topix. Rickey Dale Show 2 (who's proven fairly reliable imo..) has a video discounting the HB T/SAR page also.

All just my opinion, but I think I'd take that page with a grain of salt.

Welcome to WS!

I am right inline with your thoughts. I think LE thinks there is a strong possibility that Holly is still alive and being 'kept' and are loath to do anything that might jeopardize that. They are continuing to doggedly pursue DNA and waiting for the perp to make a mistake.

I wonder if perhaps LE is being taunted in some manner by the perp.

Just MOO.

That's a good point; there would've been opportunities and temptations for the suspect to leave many more false trails. I also don't know if a public searcher would be able to maneuver the other team members slightly away from a small area he doesn't want them to check?

Re: the scream.... Except for blogs, forums, discussions, and online-non-mainstream media, I haven't been able to find a news organization that reports the neighbor hearing a scream as a fact. Does anyone know the source? I searched online a lot. Maybe it too was in a news video...

my opinions only, no facts here:

I agree, and am pleased that you have selected this particular aspect of the case. If the neighbor actually heard a scream it would validate the widely-reported timeline. But I cannot establish that this actually happened and until the authorities verify it in a news conference, I will treat it as a rumor. It is eerily similar to the rumor that the mother screamed at work, upon receiving a phone call. Only folklore at this point.

WHAT is the Holly Bobo Tactical SAR??
I am now thoroughly confused.

Thanks for the interesting link. Currently I hold out a small chance that Holly is still alive (5%). I would not hold out any hope in an ordinary case, but this is not an ordinary case. Regardless of where the investigation is being directed, I favor 3:1 that Holly is within four miles of her house, but obviously my ratio shows that I do not rule out her being farther away, even out of state.

Yes, it probably was premeditated. There are two types of premeditation, that which depends upon acquired information, and that which does not. It is up to the fine sleuths here to work this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member