TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not, I do take it with a grain of salt.
But quite honestly, it makes me angry.

People drawing attention away- or making money off of missing persons...well I guess maybe I need an anger manangement class or two. lol

These are REAL PEOPLE. They have people who love them and are missing them terribly.

Fraud does not go unnoticed by the federal government.

Just sayin'.

I'm pretty certain that is a FB page that has been well established as a fraud. It's run by a Tony <somebody> and been discussed as a scam on "We will find you Holly" FB page. and such illustrious <cough> sources as topix. Rickey Dale Show 2 (who's proven fairly reliable imo..) has a video discounting the HB T/SAR page also.

All just my opinion, but I think I'd take that page with a grain of salt.

You could certainly explain that distinction. It is hard to imagine a premeditated abduction that does not involve "acquired information," whether it involves someone known by the victim (a family member, friend or acquaintance who "acquires" knowledge from that relationship or a stranger who stalks the victim or a stranger who plans to abduct someone but who is simply looking for the right opportunity, having "acquired" the knowledge of how to pull off an abduction but not specific information about the victim.

In this case, I would vote for an abductor who knows the victim and had a plan. I also think it is interesting that the brother's first thought was that the man was her boyfriend, which would say something about how Holly and the abductor were interacting or looked together OR some aspect of body type, physical movement. The man might not hqve even reminded the brother of the current boyfriend; he might have unconsciously made some connection to a person from Holly's past.

I agree and will do so.

You could certainly explain that distinction. It is hard to imagine a premeditated abduction that does not involve "acquired information," whether it involves someone known by the victim (a family member, friend or acquaintance who "acquires" knowledge from that relationship or a stranger who stalks the victim or a stranger who plans to abduct someone but who is simply looking for the right opportunity, having "acquired" the knowledge of how to pull off an abduction but not specific information about the victim.

In this case, I would vote for an abductor who knows the victim and had a plan. I also think it is interesting that the brother's first thought was that the man was her boyfriend, which would say something about how Holly and the abductor were interacting or looked together OR some aspect of body type, physical movement. The man might not hqve even reminded the brother of the current boyfriend; he might have unconsciously made some connection to a person from Holly's past.

Welcome to WS!

I am right inline with your thoughts. I think LE thinks there is a strong possibility that Holly is still alive and being 'kept' and are loath to do anything that might jeopardize that. They are continuing to doggedly pursue DNA and waiting for the perp to make a mistake.

I wonder if perhaps LE is being taunted in some manner by the perp.

Just MOO.

Myself I just dont follow that line of reasoning. I have never ever heard of a real case where LE let someone keep a hostage for 6 weeks while they supposedly looked for more evidence. Look at all the police situations where cops even just think someone is in a house somewhere... first thing they do is bust down the door, have swat teams throw in flash bombs and gas, and raid the place. Even if no one was there... I dont know about the taunting part either. Only one piece of evidence has even been confirmed and identified and that was the lunch bag found on the first day or so of searching. Anything really aside from that is pure conjecture.

Believe it or not, I do take it with a grain of salt.
But quite honestly, it makes me angry.

People drawing attention away- or making money off of missing persons...well I guess maybe I need an anger manangement class or two. lol

These are REAL PEOPLE. They have people who love them and are missing them terribly.

Fraud does not go unnoticed by the federal government.

Just sayin'.
You don't need an anger management class. It made me so sick and angry I finally emailed the TBI about it. I kept thinking I don't want to bother them and take away from their investigation, and it seems they HAVE to be aware of it, but the fact that this FB is posting a phone number other than TBI/FBI to call with tips just pushed me over the edge. Still can't believe it's stayed up this far.

Caylee Anthony and the long-awaited trial have the attention of many, many people who normally give their time, their brains and hearts to a variety of missing and murdered victims...Holly's family, you need to speak up for your missing victim and regain some of the spotlight :( Your girl is still missing...

Caylee Anthony and the long-awaited trial have the attention of many, many people who normally give their time, their brains and hearts to a variety of missing and murdered victims...Holly's family, you need to speak up for your missing victim and regain some of the spotlight :( Your girl is still missing...

I really think that the people who can and are dedicated to finding Holly are not being distracted. Maybe a lot of the "noise" has been distracted.

I really think that the people who can and are dedicated to finding Holly are not being distracted. Maybe a lot of the "noise" has been distracted.

Mising persons are very often found by members of the community or the public...not by LE. If alive, they my be spotted by sharp eyes, if deceased, they may be found by a hiker, etc...and if the person is not in the very county they vanished from, it does not hurt, certainly, to remind the public that a person is still missing...sure, the locals know. But the state at large does not, as many have made clear here and on other sites.

Mising persons are very often found by members of the community or the public...not by LE. If alive, they my be spotted by sharp eyes, if deceased, they may be found by a hiker, etc...and if the person is not in the very county they vanished from, it does not hurt, certainly, to remind the public that a person is still missing...sure, the locals know. But the state at large does not, as many have made clear here and on other sites.

Again, I really think that the people who can and are dedicated to finding Holly are not being distracted.

That is not only LE.

In this case, the primary thought is that this is a personal and local crime.

I am not suggesting that publicity will hurt the case.

At the same time, I do not feel compelled to tell this hurting family that they are not doing enough. I think that part of your post is what prompted my response.

Perhaps I should leave the forum for a while.

But if not the family...then who? :(
Who does keep Holly in the public's eye?
No one is...

I tend to agree that Holly needs to be kept out there, nation wide. I don't even live in TN and I take a second look at every blonde female that even slightly resembles her, just to make sure.

No disrespect to anyone, but all we REALLY know is that LE "thinks" it's a local thing, but they haven't showed us they know absolutely anything at all. I honestly don't see how keeping her face in the publics eyes could hurt, especially outside that local area, unless they come out and say how they KNOW it is a local thing and she never left the area. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. :(

I haven't entirely caught up with the thread but it seems there's no news.

In my mind, the biggest danger of not keeping Holly's name & picture in the media is that even people who originally heard of her disappearance may just assume she's been found since they haven't heard anything else about it. If people don't know she's still missing, they won't be looking for her.

JMHO

It is not law enforcement (at whatever level) to keep the public aware of a criminal investigation.
Sometimes it is helpful- sometimes it is not.

The internet is both a useful tool- and at times can be very destructive if a case goes to court or there is a specific suspect involved.

I would not fault either at ths point, in Holly's case. JMO.

Speaking strictly as a dad, I can understand letting LE do their thing and staying out of the spotlight when I think they are on to something. However, as a human being looking for my kid, I could not let this much time pass without public pleas and organizing searches. This could be a ransom case, or a witness protection situation, but parental pleas wouldn't effect either scenerio. I don't get it.

Speaking strictly as a dad, I can understand letting LE do their thing and staying out of the spotlight when I think they are on to something. However, as a human being looking for my kid, I could not let this much time pass without public pleas and organizing searches. This could be a ransom case, or a witness protection situation, but parental pleas wouldn't effect either scenerio. I don't get it.

Mountainguy777....Welcome to Websleuths!

It is not law enforcement (at whatever level) to keep the public aware of a criminal investigation.
Sometimes it is helpful- sometimes it is not.

The internet is both a useful tool- and at times can be very destructive if a case goes to court or there is a specific suspect involved.

I would not fault either at ths point, in Holly's case. JMO.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Just because it makes us a little crazy not knowing details doesn't mean LE is slacking :)

Thank you shefner. :)

What are your thoughts?

Not so sure what to make of this unusual case. Certainly the most quiet case I can recall....nothing from the family or LE.

My initial thoughts were that this was a pre-planned abduction by a local that was obsessed with Holly....someone who may have been rebuffed by her or perhaps had just been more or less ignored by her. I figured the perp was a male between 18-30...someone cocky, someone privileged and protected, someone immature. I don't think the person had a totally clean record....I was thinking that the perp is someone who has had some petty boyish crimes in the past, but nothing too serious. I assumed he may have taken her to a hide-away place and kept her there for a while....but so much time has past now, I'm not sure about this. I assumed this individual would eventually "break" and brag to someone about the crime.....perhaps motivated by pride or fear at how large the crime had become.

Now, I am thinking this may not be the case....the family silence is most perplexing. Most perplexing, indeed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Just because it makes us a little crazy not knowing details doesn't mean LE is slacking :)

I am not saying they are slacking. But I do question some of what they are doing....

Smart LE are alot like that old country song...
You gotta know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away, Know when to run....

I'm hoping they are "holding" alot more than anyone else can imagine....

I absolutely agree with you Shefner. There is strategic merit in holding things close or in letting details out - and I'm certain they are holding a lot close - who knows if it's warranted.

I was more responding to Oriah's comment positively because in all the threads on WS I'm following there seems to be a somewhat common anti-LE sentiment - frustration with LE for not releasing more, or not doing more, or they should have known, etc.

I think things are much simpler from the safety of our computers and news reports is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18