TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most of us, I've experienced sudden tragedies. All of us react differently. I believe, IMHO, that there was some specific forewarning of Holly's abduction. Instead of denial or rationalization, Holly's mom seemed to know from the first moment (per non-mainstream-media reports of her racing home from her teaching job) that the worst had happened. I suspect specific threats had been made to the Bobos --- or, at least, alluded to. What do you all think, given that Clint saw his sister being led towards (not necessarily into) the woods? Seemed casual, no red flag until he saw a little blood and HB's car still there. Rejected boy? Disgruntled employee of DB's? Someone above reproach, like local LE or clergy? What the heck is most likely, simplest?

I really feel that if Holly was in the wooded area behind her home, she would have been located by one of the hundreds of searchers in the early days.

Just watched a few minutes of the Casey Anthony trial, with a witness from the towing compamy bwing cross-examined about what he saw and smelled in the car, before it was impounded and processed as evidence. He told the deputy who took his statement that he couldn't be 100% certain he saw a pizza box in the trunk or whether he HEARD that on TV. Not that this matter will determine the outcome of the trial, but media publicity can taint witness statements. affect peiple's recall of "facts," and get in the way of a fair trial and conviction, if the accused is guilty. And of course there is the need to withold information in order to be able to look at suspects' statements for indications of guilty knowledge.

We can recall that Elizabeth Smart was held in woods alive, near her family home, and not found, in spite of searches. I think it is possible to miss signs of Holly's presence (let's say a dropped watch or ring) or even signs of ground disturbance indicating a burial of evidence or remains.

"there have been no recent official advancements, and the family refuses to speak. I will gladly report new info as it comes."
http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Don't think there is anyone better for the family to speak to in the media than Will!

I really feel that if Holly was in the wooded area behind her home, she would have been located by one of the hundreds of searchers in the early days.

I can understand why people would think this way. But I think most professional SAR would agree that they have all walked- literally- past a clue to something indicating a struggle, or a body itself.

Unfortunately, it is far from an exact science.

It's a tough and frustrating job- and unfortunately volounteer searchers (while very helpful at times) are not trained to look professionally in noticing all pieces of evidence.

Not bashing local volunteers at all- they are incredible useful at times. But IMHO- not when a person is missing under very suspicious and dangerous circustances- and not when the FBI is the lead on the case.

"there have been no recent official advancements, and the family refuses to speak. I will gladly report new info as it comes."
http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Don't think there is anyone better for the family to speak to in the media than Will!

I love that "refuses to speak" statement. Says alot, if you ask me.

You know they have been contacted and they refuse to say anything to anyone. Mmmm....

They know alot more than we know, for sure.

Like most of us, I've experienced sudden tragedies. All of us react differently. I believe, IMHO, that there was some specific forewarning of Holly's abduction. Instead of denial or rationalization, Holly's mom seemed to know from the first moment (per non-mainstream-media reports of her racing home from her teaching job) that the worst had happened. I suspect specific threats had been made to the Bobos --- or, at least, alluded to. What do you all think, given that Clint saw his sister being led towards (not necessarily into) the woods? Seemed casual, no red flag until he saw a little blood and HB's car still there. Rejected boy? Disgruntled employee of DB's? Someone above reproach, like local LE or clergy? What the heck is most likely, simplest?
Good Points. IMO, this case has been "different" from the very beginning, not just after the "significant find" on Easter Sunday.

Here is a good website for finding out information on various properties located in the vicinity of the Bobos' residence or anywhere else for that matter. Lots of different properties, but not a lot of different names.

http://tnmap.state.tn.us/Assessment/

Pondering your post GoodAim, I agree with your notion - about the reports of Mom leaving work and rushing home - having some significance. Either there was more blood than has been reported or some type of forewarning/threats prior to the abduction (or maybe the description by son was more detailed than has been reported.
I have no valid best guess on the who or why .... or even the what... at this time.

Respectively snipped.

Not bashing local volunteers at all- they are incredible useful at times. But IMHO- not when a person is missing under very suspicious and dangerous circustances- and not when the FBI is the lead on the case.

I may have missed something along the way very easily, and I'm sorry if I did and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it was always my understanding that TBI was lead on the case and FBI was "helping".

Other than the family not speaking out, I guess I am not finding this case to be as unusual as many others do, other than the fact that this was a witnessed abduction. I think the family is likely overcome by grief of not knowing what has happened to Holly and that the reasons to be visible do not outweight what they feel are the negatives. I think LE is silent because they are working the case; when does LE ever speak out while working a case? The big hole is the lack of media, which results from the family not wanting to go public and LE not having anything new to report.

I think it makes this case seem different and sinister and "special", but I don't think it is, other than it is always unusual when an abduction takes place in the morning, daylight hours, is witnessed, items are found, but no sign of the victim or the perp.

If LE has a suspect, clearly the person is physically where he belongs on a daily basis, or some sort of BOLO would have been issued by now. Probably not good news for Holly, if this true. But like so many other cases, having a suspect or POI, named or not, does not do much to forward a case when the victim is not located. I hope this case does not become one of those that just remain stalled forever, due to lack of solid physical evidence or recovery of the victim.

Maybe LE will get lucky if the blood belonged to the perp and the DNA turns out to be useful and can be matched. Otherwise, I think it will remain quiet until/unless Holly is found.

I love that "refuses to speak" statement. Says alot, if you ask me.

You know they have been contacted and they refuse to say anything to anyone. Mmmm....

They know alot more than we know, for sure.

I doubt it. jmo

Pondering your post GoodAim, I agree with your notion - about the reports of Mom leaving work and rushing home - having some significance. Either there was more blood than has been reported or some type of forewarning/threats prior to the abduction (or maybe the description by son was more detailed than has been reported.
I have no valid best guess on the who or why .... or even the what... at this time.

If the mother rushed home because of a perceived threat--then why did the brother not have any fear about his sis going into the woods with anyone? Let alone a boyfriend? Anyone, at that time of the morning, "in fear for her life" as per LE who got that description from whom?

I come on here every night and read upon Holly Bobo. It is very sad that she has not yet been found. One of the things everyone keeps commenting on is the hush hush nature of this case and it got me thinking outside of the box a little....What would stop HB family from continuing to keep HB more in the spot light? Why did LE suddenly cancel searches? The comments about there being more that meets the eye......

(Speculation only) Is it at all possible a ransom call was made and LE told the Bobo's not to stay in the spot light for her safety? I know its a little far fetched but if you think about it, it may be plausable with the lack of new information and media attention surrounding this case. Again, just thinking out loud.

LE had already come out and said that Sunday would likely be that last day of regular searching before the big "find" on Easter. And then the week was filled with those terrible storms. So I think that the momentum, if any, was lost and as they have said in this and many other cases, searches will now happen based on new information only.

Actually what LE said the Thursday before Easter is that if she was not found by Easter, the scope of the searches would EXPAND! True, the storms rolled in, but the "significant find" changed LE's plans for an expanded search scope.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...fined-area?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

What happened on Easter Sunday? Thats what I would like to know. Yes, they found something significant, a "game changer." And it was due to a phone call. Was that call to LE or Holly's mom? No one knows....well, no one that can say.

So many questions...no answers.

Meanwhile, May 28th.....tick, tick, tick.....

What happened on Easter Sunday? Thats what I would like to know. Yes, they found something significant, a "game changer." And it was due to a phone call. Was that call to LE or Holly's mom? No one knows....well, no one that can say.

So many questions...no answers.

Meanwhile, May 28th.....tick, tick, tick.....

Well all of that is still somewhat conjectural anyway. The found item is often attributed to a phone tip but it has also said to have been found during a search and not based on a specific tip. The item has also been described (by the media) as a potential game changer, but also by LE as maybe not having any significance in the case.

So who knows... more doublespeak I guess.

LE began saying the Tuesday before Easter that the searches would only continue through the coming Easter weekend. Having seen that, I was surprised at how much and how often it's been repeated that the searches ended because of the storms after Easter.

Reward for information about missing nursing student increases $5,000

The Commercial Appeal – Posted April 19, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.

Lt. Brad Wilbanks with the Tennessee Highway Patrol said searches will continue through the end of the week

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/201...-articles-videos-dated-tuesday-april-19-2011/

Re: in response to what shows had been cancelled that were supposed to be focusing on Hollys case.. Yet instead they were suddenly pulled at the last minute..

As I previously stated BTHN hosts were promoting the Holly Bobo Exclusive for their*May 11th 7pm broadcast.. It was pulled at the last moment and the following is a transcription of what Bee Hertz announced as to why there would be no show done on Holly.. Below transcript you will find the link for any to follow and hear this for themselves...

Begin Quote-
I apologize we will not be doing a show for security reasons and out of respect for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and protection of the family.
I want you all to know it is with a heavy heart I have to say this but do with a kind and compassionate heart that we are not doing the show this evening.
-End Quote
From 5/11/2011 7pm

I believe that substantiates exactly what I had previously posted about there infact being broadcasts that were asked to be pulled from airing concerning The Holly Bobo case!

Here is link for anyone to hear for themselves what is transcribed above..

http://m.blogtalkradio.com/profile.aspx?userurl=bringthemhomenow&pt=12

Re: in response to what shows had been cancelled that were supposed to be focusing on Hollys case.. Yet instead they were suddenly pulled at the last minute..

As I previously stated BTHN hosts were promoting the Holly Bobo Exclusive for their*May 11th 7pm broadcast.. It was pulled at the last moment and the following is a transcription of what Bee Hertz announced as to why there would be no show done on Holly.. Below transcript you will find the link for any to follow and hear this for themselves...

Begin Quote-
I apologize we will not be doing a show for security reasons and out of respect for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and protection of the family.
I want you all to know it is with a heavy heart I have to say this but do with a kind and compassionate heart that we are not doing the show this evening.
-End Quote
From 5/11/2011 7pm

I believe that substantiates exactly what I had previously posted about there infact being broadcasts that were asked to be pulled from airing concerning The Holly Bobo case!

Here is link for anyone to hear for themselves what is transcribed above..

http://m.blogtalkradio.com/profile.aspx?userurl=bringthemhomenow&pt=12

I wasn't challenging you. I just couldn't find the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel