TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, here's the problem that I have with this Tennessean article...

"Family's account
The family won’t talk about the case, but TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators have gotten this account from interviews with relatives:"

THink about this- Who was at the Bobo home when Holly went missing? Clint is the one and only eye witness to the "abduction", "kidnapping", or morning's events of Holly being led away.

Clint's the only witness, the only one. Any info gotten from other "relatives" is from "relatives" who were not there, who know only what they just think, or someone has told them. You can call it hearsay, their interpretations, their theories, or like the telephone game, where one person tells the next, and so on, and it changes dramatically.

Certainly TBI, (and Christine Helms of TBI) would heavily weight Clints eyewitness account, over anyone else, unless they believe him to be less-than-truthful. No one has indicated that- certainly not TBI.

Wondering if the Tennesseean's reporter/author of this article would clarify her slant of the article. Possibly it's worth asking her.

Personally, I take it to mean that the relatives the TBI got their info from are mom, dad, and bro. I think the reporter means that the family won't speak to the reporter - not that they won't speak to the TBI.

NORVILLE: One of the things I know you did, despite the inclement weather, is you were actually out in the woods, as well, and you were able to go with your camera crew into the area where it`s believed Holly`s lunchbox was found -- her mother apparently confirming that it was her lunchbox because the contents was the lunch that she had packed that morning. What is that area like?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

I guess it depends who the "she" is in the second part of the sentence, could be referring to Holly? Who knows...

Oh no - you're not confusing things! You're tracking down the sources of information, and that helps to clarify things, because then we can determine the credibility/reliability of the source, and figure out what we think is most likely and least likely.
Thank you!! I just feel bad I got a few of my "facts" incorrect this morning and posted things about them that were inaccurate (the time frame and the blood). I really appreciate your clarifying them in my mind with the actual sources and information because I have so much bookmarked trying to go back and find something has become a huge chore and sometimes impossible. I need to look at your site much more often I guess. :)

I guess it depends who the "she" is in the second part of the sentence, could be referring to Holly? Who knows...
I gave that consideration too, but how would mom know what Holly had packed since mom was already gone? Mom would definitely know what mom packed. Just my thought process.

Personally, I take it to mean that the relatives the TBI got their info from are mom, dad, and bro. I think the reporter means that the family won't speak to the reporter - not that they won't speak to the TBI.

I took it the same way, that the family won't speak to the reporter. But again, if TBI got their info from anyone(mom, dad, famous singing cousin, other relatives) other than Clint who was there, it should be the same info, b/c the source of the info is eyewitness Clint.

The most interesting part of this account, IMHO, is not what's said, but what's not said. No mention of Clint believing the male to be Holly's boyfriend. That may have been thrown into the original accounts so that it appeared Clint didn't get a good look at the male, for his own protection, possibly? We know LE had cars at the house for quite a few days, more than it would likely take for questioning, so why? For security of the family/ Clint? Are they afraid of repercussions? Just things to think about, I don't know the answers.

I took it the same way, that the family won't speak to the reporter. But again, if TBI got their info from anyone(mom, dad, famous singing cousin, other relatives) other than Clint who was there, it should be the same info, b/c the source of the info is eyewitness Clint.

I was thinking more in terms of dad would have confirmed he'd already left for work. Mom would have confirmed that she got a call from Clint, and what time, and perhaps what time LE got to the house. Each family member contributing the firsthand info they had, versus secondhand info of what another family member may have done.

Clint is definitely the one with the most info about what happened. I don't have a problem with that. I don't think he had anything to do with it, and I think he acted appropriately for the situation. In my eyes, he's a victim, just as Holly's parents are, of Holly's kidnapper.

I dont read it that way,,I see tht the family wont talk and the TBI got the info from relatives of the family otherwise she would say the FAMILY said...
JMO

Needless to say this is a very strange case, and i think something happend at home..JMO

So...Holly dropped the Coke but not the books.....

I would assume she had her books (if she had books since that has not been really confirmed one way or another) they were in a back pack or bag. If she dropped that it could be easily scooped up and taken or more likely it was over her shoulder and just went with her. She probably had a coke and car keys in her hand and was not directly carrying books and her lunch bag.

The "relatives" weren't there, her parents weren't even there.

Neither TBI nor Clint appears to be talking yet so if both accounts of what happened that morning are inaccurate, then they're not going to jibe. JMO

I was thinking more in terms of dad would have confirmed he'd already left for work. Mom would have confirmed that she got a call from Clint, and what time, and perhaps what time LE got to the house. Each family member contributing the firsthand info they had, versus secondhand info of what another family member may have done.

Clint is definitely the one with the most info about what happened. I don't have a problem with that. I don't think he had anything to do with it, and I think he acted appropriately for the situation. In my eyes, he's a victim, just as Holly's parents are, of Holly's kidnapper.

BBM
Not saying Clint had anything to do with it, but in the new version of events we see Clint is onto something wrong happening as soon as he sees his sister being led away... so he goes out, sees blood, goes back inside to call 911 (all makes sense so far)... BUT I cannot see him then wasting precious time calling his mom - wouldn't you be out the door (except maybe to grab a gun) and be after the person taking your sister?

Im speculating here, but what if clint is special needs in some way?
That could explain why the words conveyed keep changing, and why he is being so protected.

There's another contradiction in the Tennessean article I noticed. All documented accounts that we have to date say Holly's lunch bag was found on Friday 8 miles from her home. This story says:

The next day, Holly Bobo’s packed lunch was found about six miles north of her home toward Interstate 40.

The "next day" per this article would be Thursday, and 2 miles is a pretty big difference IMHO.

I think the word "pool" when referencing blood works against the words "small amount." I know you can have a "small pool of blood" but the word "pool" automatically makes you think of more than just flecks.

So...Holly dropped the Coke but not the books.....

Good Point.

I do note in the Tennessean article's sidebar a rather ominous prospect:
Per Tennessee law, the $50,000 was recommended by the district attorney general in Decatur County and granted by the governor, said Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm. The amount is the maximum that the state can offer as reward money and is most issued when evidence is scarce, she said.
Now, does that mean fairly early on it was decided that evidence might be scarce in this case? And in fact is evidence still scarce, now? Once again, a TN LE pronouncement that is subject to interpretation and/or is, like other information given by LE in this case, perhaps subject to change, like the weather.

http://tiny.cc/oetcd

I don't understand what's so hard about this. We have two ways to put together this scenario. One is through witnesses. Supposedly, we have one witness to the actual crime, and several witnesses to the times pre and post crime. The other is through evidence. Does the physical evidence support the witnesses recollections, or does it show inconsistencies? LE simply takes these findings and makes statements to the public and media that will be beneficial in solving the case, and withholds information that would hinder investigation or a criminal trial, right?

My question is... why doesn't LE just come out and given an official clarification statement that has all the correct info? If Holly spilled a Coke, then just say it. If her brother saw a man in camo, just say it. If he called 911, a neighbor did, her mother did, SHE did, just SAY it. If there was a pool of blood, a speck of blood, or a gallon of blood, just say it. Tell us what she was wearing, or what she wasn't, and what she took with her, and what she didn't. Most missing persons cases are very clear about what is missing with the person and what isn't. Maybe I'm just not smart enough, but I just can't see what these simple things matter to the PERP or to Holly. If there was blood, the perp already knows it. He knows what she was wearing, and he knows what she took with her. That is... if the perp is a stranger who is long gone.

The only reason it seems to keep all this info muddled and confusing is to keep making sure that the persons supplying the information keep their story straight without the help of the media reporting exact, correct info. If WE and the media had the exact correct info, then it wouldn't be really hard for the LOCAL perp to keep his/her story straight, because there wouldn't be so many variations. My guess is that LE knows EXACTLY what the story is, and is watching, listening, and interviewing to see who keeps changing it, or who knows details that they have not released or confirmed. The actions of LE tell me that the perp isn't a stranger who is long gone. A stranger didn't do this to Holly, a local who knew her did.... even possibly someone she loved.

Holly, if you're in Heaven, I hope you've been there a month and several days, and the suffering was short lived and quick. If you are alive, I am praying your sweet smile has charmed your beholder, and you are being held without pain. I don't know you, but I love you the same, and we all just want you home.

Im speculating here, but what if clint is special needs in some way?
That could explain why the words conveyed keep changing, and why he is being so protected.

And that would surely make sense, except I'm pretty certain we've seen photos of him with firearms (or at least posing with game after the fact) and on ATV's. If he was special needs and couldn't communicate properly, surely he wouldn't be allowed access to these highly dangerous items. I just don't see Holly's parents allowing that.

(on second thought, though... my DH likes to put my kiddos in the pictures of the game sometimes, and they certainly didn't actually make the kill, you know?)

I don't understand what's so hard about this. We have two ways to put together this scenario. One is through witnesses. Supposedly, we have one witness to the actual crime, and several witnesses to the times pre and post crime. The other is through evidence. Does the physical evidence support the witnesses recollections, or does it show inconsistencies? LE simply takes these findings and makes statements to the public and media that will be beneficial in solving the case, and withholds information that would hinder investigation or a criminal trial, right?

My question is... why doesn't LE just come out and given an official clarification statement that has all the correct info? If Holly spilled a Coke, then just say it. If her brother saw a man in camo, just say it. If he called 911, a neighbor did, her mother did, SHE did, just SAY it. If there was a pool of blood, a speck of blood, or a gallon of blood, just say it. Tell us what she was wearing, or what she wasn't, and what she took with her, and what she didn't. Most missing persons cases are very clear about what is missing with the person and what isn't. Maybe I'm just not smart enough, but I just can't see what these simple things matter to the PERP or to Holly. If there was blood, the perp already knows it. He knows what she was wearing, and he knows what she took with her. That is... if the perp is a stranger who is long gone.

The only reason it seems to keep all this info muddled and confusing is to keep making sure that the persons supplying the information keep their story straight without the help of the media reporting exact, correct info. If WE and the media had the exact correct info, then it wouldn't be really hard for the LOCAL perp to keep his/her story straight, because there wouldn't be so many variations. My guess is that LE knows EXACTLY what the story is, and is watching, listening, and interviewing to see who keeps changing it, or who knows details that they have not released or confirmed. The actions of LE tell me that the perp isn't a stranger who is long gone. A stranger didn't do this to Holly, a local who knew her did.... even possibly someone she loved.

Holly, if you're in Heaven, I hope you've been there a month and several days, and the suffering was short lived and quick. If you are alive, I am praying your sweet smile has charmed your beholder, and you are being held without pain. I don't know you, but I love you the same, and we all just want you home.
You took the words right out of my mouth, and your last paragraph made me cry.

You took the words right out of my mouth, and your last paragraph made me cry.

You know, I have held five children in my womb, four of whom I came to know what their image looked like, hear their voice, and gave them a name. One I did not. However, the love I have for the one I never got the chance to know is just as strong as for the ones here with me today.

I didn't know Holly. I've never touched her or talked with her, but now that I know of her sweet existence, I love her the same as if I had. It's amazing how deep our hearts can be. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*