TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oriah, Do you happen to know how populated the area is? I looked at Google maps and it appears that the residences are spaced some distance apart (of course I really couldn't tell that much from the satellite view of the Bobo property). Are maps of the area published out there somewhere on the web or did you get them from another source? The reason I ask is because I think you are definitely on to something there. I've thought the same thing for some time but didn't know of a resource for any off road maps of the area. This is my theory ... if someone were going to hide a body, even as small as Holly is, carrying dead weight a good distance wouldn't be easy. So, it would be feasible that someone could have transported her part of the way via 4 wheeler, then carried her body off trail from there to hide it deeper into the woods. Makes sense to me.

I'm using a different map than this- but the area is available here (for a free trial period anyway...Mods, does that count as a free site or a paid site?? Help!) :

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lon=-88.2200413&lat=35.790343&datum=nad83

Or if you have a GPS and an updated USGS map, you can plug in the coordinates of the Bobo residence, and start looking at the access to trails there.
HTH.

OK peeps just like with FB bringing any videos here when we don't know if it is Holly and rumors that some of the people in the video are suspects is :nono: Stick to the facts. I have not read one MSM article naming anyone to be a suspect.

Thanks.

Oriah, have you looked for info here? http://www.tn.gov/twra/gis/gishome.html

If it's private land you are more interested in how about checking the State Assessor's Office? They usually have GIS info online.

Blindly trying to help with something I have little knowledge of : )

OK peeps just like with FB bringing any videos here when we don't know if it is Holly and rumors that some of the people in the video are suspects is :nono: Stick to the facts. I have not read one MSM article naming anyone to be a suspect.

Thanks.
Sorry grandmaj ... no disrespect intended. I didn't mean to imply that any of the people in the video were guilty. I just thought it may identify someone that knew something if indeed it was Holly. I'm a newbie here ... lesson learned. Again, I apologize. :(

Thank you, Knox. Now my laptop has crashed, lol!

It appears there are several areas marked for atv access only; as well as some horseback only areas- and then hunting property privately owned as well as just private property parcel-wise.

Oriah, have you looked for info here? http://www.tn.gov/twra/gis/gishome.html

If it's private land you are more interested in how about checking the State Assessor's Office? They usually have GIS info online.

Blindly trying to help with something I have little knowledge of : )

Yes I agree with this post, I have felt since the beginning there were elements of deception at play, starting with the very first reports of this story. This is all in no particular order. The story was quickly changing from the mother and brother watching HB be dragged across the carport by a man in camo, to only the brother catching a glimpse of HB and who he thought to be her boyfriend walking toward the woods. We were given the led into the woods in fear of her life statement and also a story about a possible home invasion. Also dogs losing scents, flecks or a pool of blood, a phantom scream, possibly someone excessively cleaning or selling an atv or car/truck/suv and an eerie silence by the family/LE/locals. The media has to get their information from somewhere, and even though some reports were flat out bad reporting, they still had to get the story from official sources, right?

I think most people can accept that the police have a difficult case on their hands with limited information or evidence with which to work, but the inconsistent reports given to the public are starting to look more like incompetence than any real strategy.

The police need to be concerned about their strategy (if it is one) backfiring and causing not just Holly's abductor, but sex criminals throughout the area into getting the impression that the police are confused and befuddled. The image the police is projecting could embolden criminals into committing crimes in a newfound hope and confidence that they can get away with their crimes. The various police agencies working this case need to coordinate with each other and try to get on the same page in order to look more organized, more professional, and more capable in order to deter criminals and potential criminals from attempting crimes.

I am starting to believe that this was a random abduction by a sexual predator, maybe someone recently released from prison, for example. He wouldn't have to be from TN, even, if he was passing through and followed her home a day or two before to check out the lay of the land. If so, she may have been taken out of state and could have been disposed of anywhere. No one had any sort of a vehicle ID that we know of, road blocks were days later, if not longer. I know they keep saying this is a local crime, but I am not sure they are basing that on anything substantial.

Holly's picture was on the front page of the newspaper ads I got in the mail today. I am glad her face is still out there in the off chance that she is not in Tennessee.

I am starting to believe that this was a random abduction by a sexual predator, maybe someone recently released from prison, for example. He wouldn't have to be from TN, even, if he was passing through and followed her home a day or two before to check out the lay of the land. If so, she may have been taken out of state and could have been disposed of anywhere. No one had any sort of a vehicle ID that we know of, road blocks were days later, if not longer. I know they keep saying this is a local crime, but I am not sure they are basing that on anything substantial.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I do not rule out what you say, but I approach such cases as an impassive observer of statistical probabilities, basically as an unemotional robot. The "random abduction" scenario requires that the perpetrator happened to know where to park their vehicle (out of sight) and then encountered Holly around the moment she left her house to walk the very short distance to her vehicle. The perpetrator would have to count upon their luck, since the house could have had multiple people in it eating breakfast as well as one or more outside feeding a pet or loading their guns into a vehicle for a day of hunting! IF the scanty details we have been fed are true (and I am somewhat introspective about this), the perpetrator knew the approximate family schedule, did not know that anyone but Holly was home, and hid somewhere waiting and watching for her.

I have a question for everyone: On Friday, I am going around to businesses in our area of Texas to hand out promotional flyers for a church event. If possible, I'd like to use this opportunity to hand out flyers about Holly while I'm at it. I know she's probably not far from her area of TN, but IMO raising awareness can only help.

Would this be appropriate/helpful? If so, does anyone have a link to the most current flyer that I should use, and does anyone know of any businesses that will reproduce them for free? Thank you!

ETA: There are tons of missing people in my area of TX as well, and much more recent, so I feel like posting about someone from TN would be in poor taste, but Holly just has a special place in my heart for some reason. I guess there's no protocol on this, but does anything this would be inappropriate? I guess I don't much care if it is, but I don't want to come across as though I don't care about the others.

I found a link for the flyer on FB: http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums...EGVERSION-HollyBoboMissingpersonflyer-USE.jpg

Three months later: What happened to Holly Bobo? INCLUDES VIDEO
http://www.wmctv.com/story/15037152/three-months-later-what-happened-to-holly-bobo
IMO this article raises more questions than it answers. It also contradicts previous reports. Seems most of the info in the article is from the county sheriff.
The TBI FBI and Marshall service are still following up on tips, no mention of the county police. The article mentions following up on psychic tips, but didn't the TBI not want psychics involved before? The video states that investigators have no idea what happened, but weren't they "one clue" away weeks ago?

This report states that CB realized something was wrong very shortly after he got a glimpse of HB and who he thought was her boyfriend. CB then calls his mother and the mother calls 911? We seem to be missing a chunk of story there. Among other conclusions, did CB and mother just assume the worst and call 911? Did CB try to call HB or her boyfriend on the phone? Was there concern for HB before all of this and CB call just confirmed the mother's worst fears?
"Aside from some items belonging to Holly Bobo that were discovered along tree lines, Wyatt (county sheriff) said they have found nothing." This is confusing because what about the lunch bag and phone? Were they both found along "tree lines"? Were other previously unreported items found? What does this even mean?
IMO it's interesting that vast majority of reports on the HB case only come from local papers/TV stations. Seems like this is another way of showing they believe she is still in the local region. National media wanted this story before and they would probably still want to do reports, but unfortunately all we are getting are the local reports that are misleading or confusing.

Gotta wonder if during the frenzy in the early days of this case if some tips might have gotten misplaced or misdirected by LE.
I seen at least one TV show where a critical tip was not acted upon because of just this, and the person who called in the tip didn't call it in again because they thought it had been checked out, when it fact it hadn't been...
So, perhaps in these cases it wouldn't hurt for LE to ask that anyone who thought they had something that wasn't acted upon, to try again.

BIZARRE

no other comments...

:banghead:

Three months later: What happened to Holly Bobo? INCLUDES VIDEO
http://www.wmctv.com/story/15037152/three-months-later-what-happened-to-holly-bobo
IMO this article raises more questions than it answers. It also contradicts previous reports. Seems most of the info in the article is from the county sheriff.
The TBI FBI and Marshall service are still following up on tips, no mention of the county police. The article mentions following up on psychic tips, but didn't the TBI not want psychics involved before? The video states that investigators have no idea what happened, but weren't they "one clue" away weeks ago?

This report states that CB realized something was wrong very shortly after he got a glimpse of HB and who he thought was her boyfriend. CB then calls his mother and the mother calls 911? We seem to be missing a chunk of story there. Among other conclusions, did CB and mother just assume the worst and call 911? Did CB try to call HB or her boyfriend on the phone? Was there concern for HB before all of this and CB call just confirmed the mother's worst fears?
"Aside from some items belonging to Holly Bobo that were discovered along tree lines, Wyatt (county sheriff) said they have found nothing." This is confusing because what about the lunch bag and phone? Were they both found along "tree lines"? Were other previously unreported items found? What does this even mean?
IMO it's interesting that vast majority of reports on the HB case only come from local papers/TV stations. Seems like this is another way of showing they believe she is still in the local region. National media wanted this story before and they would probably still want to do reports, but unfortunately all we are getting are the local reports that are misleading or confusing.

You have to treat info from psychics just like info from anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member