TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Spokeo et al. are not ideal sources. One site like that claimed I'd lived in nine separate residences in Lawrence KS.
(Actual truth: two.)

What is being recently discussed (purposely not naming anyone) sound very much like witness protection, protective custody, etc.... hence no records being found...
This would also explain some of the stranger aspects of this case such as the very fast ramp-up of getting multiple agencies involved, Governor adding big reward, and frantic reaction to first phone call...

Is it possible that the confusion over the 'fundraising' train of thought is being confused by this:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44566401
?

I'm not sure. Thanks for your link, but that is not a fundraiser for Holly, but people who love and are concerned for her who are banning together in her honor to run a race for the Cure. (Cancer research.) It is scheduled in Nashville on Oct. 29. It doesn't seem to be related to the ones announced earlier as being fundraisers for HB for Oct. 1 and 16th. Still it's a wonderful tribute and keeps her name out there.

I'll continue to keep my eyes open.

What is being recently discussed (purposely not naming anyone) sound very much like witness protection, protective custody, etc.... hence no records being found...
This would also explain some of the stranger aspects of this case such as the very fast ramp-up of getting multiple agencies involved, Governor adding big reward, and frantic reaction to first phone call...

Why would large rewards be posted if she was in witness protection? Or are you saying to throw people off the trail (which I don't believe)? I doubt the FBI gets in on posting photos of people not really missing on their site, JMO.

Perhaps "Donna K." is Karen.

I thought she was Karen D.
Now it is a little odd but not impossible to be known on paper records by
"middle maiden married", I suppose.

Do we know the maternal grandparents, TIA?

I'm not sure. Thanks for your link, but that is not a fundraiser for Holly, but people who love and are concerned for her who are banning together in her honor to run a race for the Cure. (Cancer research.) It is scheduled in Nashville on Oct. 29. It doesn't seem to be related to the ones announced earlier as being fundraisers for HB for Oct. 1 and 16th. Still it's a wonderful tribute and keeps her name out there.

I'll continue to keep my eyes open.

I know and I completely understand. I was wondering if it was possibly becoming confused in the media or online with other fundraising events.

Why would large rewards be posted if she was in witness protection? Or are you saying to throw people off the trail (which I don't believe)? I doubt the FBI gets in on posting photos of people not really missing on their site, JMO.

Good point - my thought is as soon as she's abducted family is no longer safely protected, so it's an all-out effort to find her. (Remember LE protection around home in early days.) Also, considering frantic reaction to first phone call, it sounds like there was believe that person(s) involved in abduction were the reason for protection, and thus with cover blown, it becomes an all-out effort to find her.
ETA: It is possible she was taken in retribution for someone else....

I corrected the school info listed as Tennessee Technical Center. Do we know which one she attended?

I don't think we really know for sure the reason for the police presence at the home in the early days. Was it stated that this was for protection, by LE?

UT-Martin/Parsons campus, I think.

Yes, I thought I'd read University of Tennessee school of nursing also.
But, then I saw articles where it stated she went to Tennesee Technical Center, of which there are several. So they are one and the same?

Maybe I need to go back and correct my correction!

Yes, I thought I'd read University of Tennessee school of nursing also.
But, then I saw articles where it stated she went to Tennesee Technical Center, of which there are several. So they are one and the same?

Maybe I need to go back and correct my correction!

No, it was UT-Martin. Perhaps as some point they'd taken over TTC programs.

I don't see this as a witness protection situation, or govt. Coverup. She was on the FBI page, and there was reward money.

If this is a local, or a retribution scenario, then the circle of possible suspects should be pretty narrow.

That leaves a family "situation" or a random abduction.

Hmmmmmmmm

Does anyone know why this thread has always been titled "believed abducted"? I don't think I have seen that in other cases here, which makes it unusual on its own.

I don't think we really know for sure the reason for the police presence at the home in the early days. Was it stated that this was for protection, by LE?

Did it strike you as unusual as opposed to other missing cases?
Was there anything that would have set off your "hinky meter"
that has been rolling around in the back of your mind since day one?

Or was it sop all the way?

Did it strike you as unusual as opposed to other missing cases?
Was there anything that would have set off your "hinky meter"
that has been rolling around in the back of your mind since day one?

Or was it sop all the way?

No it didn't strike me as unusual at first, other than the changed wording, and the fact that this was a witnessed case, which is rare. But the fact that it has never been listed here without the "believed" is unusual. I don't know that LE has ever indicated this was anything but an abduction, yet it remains ambiguous, JMO.

I don't see this as a witness protection situation, or govt. Coverup. She was on the FBI page, and there was reward money.

If this is a local, or a retribution scenario, then the circle of possible suspects should be pretty narrow.

That leaves a family "situation" or a random abduction.

Hmmmmmmmm

BBM
Hence so little coming out from LE...

Once the cover of protection or privacy was blown, then big reward, all agencies involved ...

Even if my theory is bogus, don't think it was random....

No it didn't strike me as unusual at first, other than the changed wording, and the fact that this was a witnessed case, which is rare. But the fact that it has never been listed here without the "believed" is unusual. I don't know that LE has ever indicated this was anything but an abduction, yet it remains ambiguous, JMO.
TBI press releases

04.13 "a possible home invasion and abduction" along with "drug [sic] across the carport"
04.16 "Her brother last saw her with a man in camouflage clothing as she was leaving for school Wednesday morning."
04.17 "when Holly went missing" plus three references to "Holly disappeared" or "Holly's disappearance"
04.18 "the kidnapping of Holly"
04.19 "the disappearance of Holly Bobo"

No press releases from TBI about the case since 04.19.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/press_release.shtml

TBI press releases

04.13 "a possible home invasion and abduction" along with "drug [sic] across the carport"
04.16 "Her brother last saw her with a man in camouflage clothing as she was leaving for school Wednesday morning."
04.17 "when Holly went missing" plus three references to "Holly disappeared" or "Holly's disappearance"
04.18 "the kidnapping of Holly"
04.19 "the disappearance of Holly Bobo"

No press releases from TBI about the case since 04.19.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/press_release.shtml

You've got to be kidding me! No press release since April 19th?
Are you absolutely positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members