TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is 25 (maybe 26 now for all we know.) I would hope he was questioned on his own. I don't know why it comes off as though he is a helpless teenager, he is a grown man. Very weird.

Has Clint ever been interrogated with or without his parents present? Everything seems to hinge off him, and yet the parents (it would appear) have shielded him from the media.

Clint has been interviewed several times. I don't know that the parents have shielded him. Maybe the media have never asked to interview him alone.

The timeline and sequence of events has never been directly stated or clarified. I remember early on in the investigation the head of the TBI said that there would not be any release of a timeline. When the Bobo family started to speak out for themselves there was not a timeline or clear sequence of events given. It is all very jumbled to say the least. I think it is safe to assume HB left her house around 7:30AM and police were dispatched to the home no later than 8AM.
IMO this case is deliberately murky and to what end it serves has yet to be seen. In looking back to older MSM articles, the apparent disconnect between this family has LE has possibly been there since the very beginning. There are many conflicting statements that have been made over time and I know I am not the only one who sees that. I am going to throw some quotes out there that have stuck with me as a reminder to others.

“At approximately 7:30 [a.m.] this date we received a call on Swan Johnson Road of a young lady there that had been abducted supposedly,” Sheriff Wyatt said.
When asked who saw Holly being abducted Sheriff Wyatt said, “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house. She didn’t see it but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.” -- Later MSM articles state her son heard the scream(s)
Asked how many personnel he thought they had out there that first day, Sheriff Wyatt said, “I’d be afraid to guess. I’d say probably a 100 plus law enforcement people.”
Asked how disturbing this was to his community he said, “Very, in a small rural area that we live in. We would never dream anything like this would happen. But it has and I guess that maybe big city things are coming to rural areas anymore. It’s very disturbing to our community. It’s very disturbing to us as law enforcement." --HB is not the only person to disappear in that area in recent years
On Thursday police announced they no longer believed Holly was abducted during a home invasion. John Mayer, spokesman for the TBI told ABCNews.com that “the suspect was never inside.”-- CB has stated that two people were in the garage and blood was also found there
"He actually had an arm holding her, so we feel she knew she was in fear of her life, so she was compliant with his commands," said John Mehr with the TBI. -- CB says they walked side by side and that he later learned she must of been threatened (very confusing)
Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said Clint Bobo was the only one at home with Holly Bobo.
"This is according to her brother that he had seen her being led into the woods," said Wyatt.
Clint Bobo thought the man he saw wearing camouflage and walking toward the woods with his sister was her boyfriend. Investigators were initially not clear about how long it took her brother to realize something was wrong, but Wyatt said it did not take long.
"A very, very short time," said Wyatt.
Wyatt said Clint Bobo called his mother first. She then called 911. Soon after, people were searching the wooded area around the Bobo family's house.
Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt told the newspaper the item was found after authorities received a phone call tip about it.-- Easter Sunday find
"The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area," Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said. "Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances and exits. We feel the person is in the community. We're asking the community if you know someone who has changed their routine, please let us know."
Gwyn said Bobo may have been spirited away from the immediate area but investigators believe she is still in the state. -- If they believed she was still in the state then, did they have a suspect that never left the area? Why even make this type of statement? They must of had a GOOD reason to look at somebody really hard. What happened? Very confusing.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011...nt-for-missing-Tenn-woman/UPI-72981303702724/
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-week-review
http://www.wmctv.com/story/15037152/three-months-later-what-happened-to-holly-bobo

Is Sherriff Wyatt the one who is also a Pastor? TIA

He must be. Don't you have to run for Sheriff?

Me? No thanks. I like my day job. :floorlaugh:

J/K Jeannie. lol I have no clue how they get elected or assigned.

Do you or anyone remember offhand if he was the first and only one at the scene to respond? And also, how long did it take to start the full blown searches? TIA

In the United States, a sheriff is generally, but not always, the highest law enforcement officer of a county. A sheriff is in most cases elected by the population of the county. In some states the sheriff is officially titled "High Sheriff", although the title is very rarely actually used.

The political election of a person to serve as a police leader is an almost uniquely American tradition. (The practice has been followed in the British Channel Island of Jersey since at least the 16th century.[7]) A sworn law enforcement officer working for a sheriff is called a "sheriff's deputy", "sheriff's officer", or something similar, and is authorized to perform the sheriff's duties. In many states the law enforcement officer are often called "county mounties" for the hat they generally wear as part of their usually two-tone brown uniform with a mountie-style hat. In some states, a sheriff may not be a sworn officer, but merely an elected official in charge of sworn officers. These officers may be subdivided into "general deputies" and "special deputies". In some places, the sheriff has the responsibility to recover any deceased persons within their county, in which case the full title is "sheriff-coroner". In some counties, the sheriff's principal deputy is the warden of the county jail or other local correctional institution.

Sheriff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Me? No thanks. I like my day job. :floorlaugh:

J/K Jeannie. lol I have no clue how they get elected or assigned.

Do you or anyone remember offhand if he was the first and only one at the scene to respond? And also, how long did it take to start the full blown searches? TIA

Glad you don't want to run, those uniforms arent real fashionable. :woohoo:
I don't know if he was the first to respond but it looks like searches started very fast. Here's the first article. He was there.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14438754/authorities-20-year-old-woman-may-have-been-abducted

Wyatt, who has served as pastor of Darden Baptist Church here since 1999, was elected sheriff of Decatur County in 2006.

Oriah, as you know many criticise Nancy Grace also but at the end of the day, she gets the stories out there. Tonight she's covering Aliayah's (sp?) case. Not sure if you're following her case but there's almost nothing on MSM about this beautiful 3 year old cutie pie.

Sometimes even bad press is better than no press. :)

BTW.....I'm sure others are asking for updates but we only post what's out there to post about. If others are asking for updates, I would have no idea if it's not printed in black and white.

Respectfully, I completely disagree.

I have seen far too many families of missing persons essentially slandered- and even further emotionally traumatized than they already have been by the disappearance of their loved one- by 'bad press' to ever believe that bad press is better than no press.

'Bad press' is lazy and inaccurate reporting, which serves no purpose except discrediting the facts of a case- and as a result, degrading the investigation.

Do folks realize how time consuming, frustrating, and wasteful it is when you're an investigator working on what the FACTS tell you was a violent crime- and your phone rings nonstop with ignorant 'tipsters' relaying 'information' they've gleaned from 'bad press'?

Trust me- it can drive one to the brink of insanity.

And that's said as a professional in SAR.

So many sticking points in this case.
2 that are giving me pause now:

• KB's IMMEDIATE sense of disaster when she got whatever call she got to inform her Holly was gone. She HAD to have prior knowledge of a threat or danger for her to react this way. I think most of us would first try to think of rational reasons for the report that our child was missing rather than go directly to panic, personality disorders notwithstanding. I think something she had been worrying about had come to a reality that morning. Could be that Holly had talked about leaving, had someone stalking her, had conflict within the home, was payment for a debt, etc.? There is no telling what sort of nightmare had been causing KB anxiety that erupted in the panic we saw. It just did not match the situation as WE knew it then.

• Do any of you remember unverified reports of CB being injured/arm broken early on? There was talk about that as the reason he was not seen for many weeks. We couldn't find a picture of him to even see what he looks like for a very long time. If CB was injured in some way, did it come from an altercation with Holly, with a friend/acquaintance, someone else in the family? Again, unless they tell us, we can speculate til the cows come home and still be no closer to the truth.

"Neighbor lives just up the road" To me when I hear up the road I think north.
How far away is the neighbor to the north? Off to Google map.

IIRC there was an interview with the sheriff back then and it turns out "up the road" is really South, but he said up the road because the road goes uphill going to the South. I remember there being discussion about this back then and that was the reason.

IIRC there was an interview with the sheriff back then and it turns out "up the road" is really South, but he said up the road because the road goes uphill going to the South. I remember there being discussion about this back then and that was the reason.

Thanks mag.
That is the case. However if you take a look at the firebreak, it goes a true NE. Which puts you back on SJ in the opposite direction. Does that make sense?

So after 5 months, and not much in the way of results.... I have to wonder who, in the little town of Parsons, assuming it is a local perpetrator, is powerful enough to keep folks from giving up info and claiming the $100 k? Not asking for names, or anything, of course, just wondering, and thinking who has that power, of thats the case here. Power of that kind often comes from money, or position (LE, religious , or community standing.). 100 k is a lot of money in this economy.

Respectfully, I completely disagree.

I have seen far too many families of missing persons essentially slandered- and even further emotionally traumatized than they already have been by the disappearance of their loved one- by 'bad press' to ever believe that bad press is better than no press.

'Bad press' is lazy and inaccurate reporting, which serves no purpose except discrediting the facts of a case- and as a result, degrading the investigation.

Do folks realize how time consuming, frustrating, and wasteful it is when you're an investigator working on what the FACTS tell you was a violent crime- and your phone rings nonstop with ignorant 'tipsters' relaying 'information' they've gleaned from 'bad press'?

Trust me- it can drive one to the brink of insanity.

And that's said as a professional in SAR.
I do not disagree with your premise that media can slander a victim's family or hamper investigations, and I do appreciate your insights, but every time I see something like this posted it baffles me a little. If you wanted to, maybe you could clarify what you are eluding to a little more?
Before I go into it, I think one has to decide for themselves what they would consider to be bad press. This is the 21st century and most people have to ability to speak their mind on a forum just like this one. I see bad press as propagating inaccurate info repeatedly or attacking a person's character without any factual basis (gather blog writer). I do not see being curious or inquisitive as bad press, I see that as being a reporter(vast majority of MSM).
If we assume the position that the media is irresponsible and writes articles that are not factual, then why do we even have media? Yes there will always be reports that are not 100% or even 10% factual, but there are not many members of the media that will continually issue erroneous reports and expect to keep their job, these people usually end up writing for the enquirer. Also, if LE thinks their case is being interfered with in the media, all they have to do is issue a statement to clarify and/or discredit this person. Just look at the TBI and the fake SAR team, even if they took their sweet time and let that person spread crazy rumors and slander anybody and everybody in the process.
MSM vets their info with LE. If LE says it was a home invasion, the article will probably have to do with a possible home invasion scenario. If LE says that she was taken into the woods, then the report will not be about planes, trains and automobiles. If a victim's family does a show like Nancy Grace, do you think that LE will let the family go into the interview to wing it?
IMO it takes two to tango and the media is a tool. If we are to crucify MSM for bad reporting, would it not be equally fair to crucify LE media relations and how they handle a case? One would only need to look at HB case to see that. If MSM is being fed inaccurate information, who's fault is that? IF MSM double and triple checks possibly inaccurate reports but are told it is accurate info by LE, who's fault is that? When LE is directly quoted on a specific topic, is that bad reporting? When different members of LE are directly quoted and give contradictory information, who's fault is that?
I am 100% with you that bad press exists, but I find fault in just blaming the messenger.
If LE are the shepherds and everyone else is the flock, then we can deduce where problems usually begin. A stray sheep is going to wander off now and then, but the shepherd is still responsible for the flock.
I would also add that IMO, this case is chocked full of bad press and I find it hard to just point the finger at the media.

Correct me if I am wrong (Oriah) but I think the media objected to to was mainly examiner.com or . and one writer in particular. She (the writer) does tend to write in the hyperbole, to excite interest or controversy, but on the other hand, she does not write for a huge outift with lots of readers. We probably get far more hits here at WS, so whatever she writes really doesn't matter much in the scheme of things. Also, a lot of the misinformation in this case did come from LE originally, primarily the two items of highest interest, the "dragging" and the "home invasion", both very inciting terms that were bound to kick off a frenzy of interest. When LE backed away from these terms, it almost seemed like they were covering up something from the start.

Correct me if I am wrong (Oriah) but I think the media objected to to was mainly examiner.com or . and one writer in particular. She (the writer) does tend to write in the hyperbole, to excite interest or controversy, but on the other hand, she does not write for a huge outift with lots of readers. We probably get far more hits here at WS, so whatever she writes really doesn't matter much in the scheme of things. Also, a lot of the misinformation in this case did come from LE originally, primarily the two items of highest interest, the "dragging" and the "home invasion", both very inciting terms that were bound to kick off a frenzy of interest. When LE backed away from these terms, it almost seemed like they were covering up something from the start.
bbm

It's when the "information" gets posted here at WS that our problem occurs.

It's when the "information" gets posted here at WS that our problem occurs.

I agree and until recently those sites were not allowed. Not sure why it changed, maybe because there is so little actual MSM these days. But then MSM has its share of mistakes and specualation lately. It was MSM that printed that Katelyn Markham's bones were possibly found on Sunday, when in fact animal bones were found. They could have waited overnight and had it right, but it was more "exciting" to print that a searcher claimed to have found bones from "Katelyn and Billy" (another missing person from the area.) Really poor journalism from a local news channel in the area.

I don't think we should rely on sites like or examiner.com for information on cases. Anyone can write an article for them. MSM isn't always correct, but a reporter for the local newspaper probably has more access to sources and information than someone sitting in their computer chair 500 miles away. And if a case isn't in MSM, then why would the next option be to use examiner.com articles? They have new hot info about a case that MSM doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme