TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure Clint was a factor at all; either the kidnapper did not know and/or care that Clint might be there, or the abduction came about suddenly, as a result of whatever conversation (causing an injury) that occured before they walked away. JMO it is as least possible that this was never meant to be an abduction until the injury occurred.
The other possibility that we have tossed around before is that the abductor did not expect CB to be there, and maybe in the process of looking around the house, CB may have alerted the abductor to his presence. If this was the case, then maybe the casually walking away together was a ploy to deceive anyone who may have been watching, as opposed to "dragging" her away. It is hard for me to fathom, if the situation had no witness to it, why the abductor would let HB walk on her own if the plan was to kidnap her. If he has her in front of him walking and she tries to run, he would shoot her right there? Then why kidnap her in the first place?

The other possibility that we have tossed around before is that the abductor did not expect CB to be there, and maybe in the process of looking around the house, CB may have alerted the abductor to his presence. If this was the case, then maybe the casually walking away together was a ploy to deceive anyone who may have been watching, as opposed to "dragging" her away. It is hard for me to fathom, if the situation had no witness to it, why the abductor would let HB walk on her own if the plan was to kidnap her. If he has her in front of him walking and she tries to run, he would shoot her right there? Then why kidnap her in the first place?

That's possible...perhaps he heard Clint talking on the phone inside, with his mother? And at that point, told Holly to look casual? But if so, he must have had a gun, I just can't see her walking to a certain doom otherwise...

I'm not sure Clint was a factor at all; either the kidnapper did not know and/or care that Clint might be there, or the abduction came about suddenly, as a result of whatever conversation (causing an injury) that occured before they walked away. JMO it is as least possible that this was never meant to be an abduction until the injury occurred.
Just jumping off your post, had this in the back of my mind for awhile now, please don't hate me for saying this, I dread saying it, but it's more and more sounding to me like a sexual assault gone wrong, and it turned into an abduction. :( Look at it all, the time spent in the garage/carport, the "arguing" that was heard and all. I hate to even think it, but I can't help it. I cry thinking about it. I think maybe that's what it started out to be, and then with everything, and CB being home unexpectedly, and maybe the perp figured that out or Holly told him...sigh, Idk. It all makes me so sad!

If the scream was at 7:40am, I cannot fathom the "casually walking into the woods" at 7:50-8:00am.

Just jumping off your post, had this in the back of my mind for awhile now, please don't hate me for saying this, I dread saying it, but it's more and more sounding to me like a sexual assault gone wrong, and it turned into an abduction. :( Look at it all, the time spent in the garage/carport, the "arguing" that was heard and all. I hate to even think it, but I can't help it. I cry thinking about it. I think maybe that's what it started out to be, and then with everything, and CB being home unexpectedly, and maybe the perp figured that out or Holly told him...sigh, Idk. It all makes me so sad!

Thinking over, more slowly, what you have stated here. Could Holly have been sexually assaulted in the garage, causing the blood there? Such an action might make a pool of blood seem a bit unlikely since I would expect some smearing, etc. However, for the sake of argument, Holly may have screamed at first approach...was assaulted...forced to re-dress and walk away with the assailant. Perhaps Clint saw something of this and is not allowed to say? This might explain his affect. Maybe he remains traumatized by what he saw, something LE has asked him not to reveal.

Whatever has happened with Holly, I am also very sad.

If she was attacked there, there should have been signs of a struggle, besides a small amount/pool/flecks, etc. of blood, maybe some items tossed about or things kicked around and she should have done some major screaming before she was muzzled, IMO. I remember a coke can being mentioned, but to take her lunch, her books, her purse, her keys, none of which seem to have left behind seems so odd if she had just been sexually assaulted and was now under control...would he have then said get up, gather up all of your belongings and walk next to me? I suppose it is possible, but it just seems that if she had been raped, she would have had to know instinctively that if she also left with him, she would not be coming back...granted I don't know what I would do in her place, but it seems so submissive. A gun almost has to have been involved for all this to occur.

If she was attacked there, there should have been signs of a struggle, besides a small amount/pool/flecks, etc. of blood, maybe some items tossed about or things kicked around and she should have done some major screaming before she was muzzled, IMO. I remember a coke can being mentioned, but to take her lunch, her books, her purse, her keys, none of which seem to have left behind seems so odd if she had just been sexually assaulted and was now under control...would he have then said get up, gather up all of your belongings and walk next to me? I suppose it is possible, but it just seems that if she had been raped, she would have had to know instinctively that if she also left with him, she would not be coming back...granted I don't know what I would do in her place, but it seems so submissive. A gun almost has to have been involved for all this to occur.

we dont know if anything was disturbed there or not. There has been little to no description of anything.

I feel Holly was accosted somewhere behind the house by her car and maybe pushed back into the garage area. At that point, perhaps when Clint started to stir around, the suspect and Holly knelt on the floor. I assume he had some sort of weapon and was probably threatening her to be quiet. Or if she had been struck or injured she was stunned. Yes she may have screamed first but if she was stunned she would be pretty compliant. If you have ever been punched in the face hard enough to knock you out for a few seconds you know what I mean.

:scream:
My point about the scream is that IMO its contrary to the way things work in the country . I say that from the point of view of someone who lives and has lived in the country a long time. IMO unless it was one hell of a scream from 350 yards, I would bet money the neighbors would mind there own business...UNLESS, it was on hell of a blood curling, long, drawn out scream. Thats just my experience with country folk. They like to be left alone. N/T has a good point about this...its a concatination of circumstances that just don't add up, this guy gets upset enough to take action from a scream 3 + football fields away, but Clint never hears a thing. I think we should all go out and walk 3 football fields and see what we think.

PS.. If you live with you parents, in my book that makes you a kid, regardless of age, and kids make noise and run around screaming all the time, city or country, but IMO especially in the country.

:scream:OK!--:thud:

It is Holly's mom's own words about TBI refusing to discuss the case with her that make me think that they are almost holding the family hostage with a lack of information. If they were taking the time to talk with the family, explaining that they were working on certain leads, checking various facts, looking into phone records, etc...as I hope they are doing, she might not be so inclined to sound as though all they are telling her is that "the law says we don't have to tell you anything." She has said that more than once, so she must be hearing it from LE directly, IMO.

If the case has stalled, why not involve the community? Why not call a town meeting and try to glean out some missing info? In a small town, there probably isn't much in the way of gossip that hasn't made the rounds anyway, why not be open with the people that you work with, live alongside, shop with, etc? LE is supposed to work for the people, and I know that includes Holly, but I am not seeing how they are helping her in any way with a wall of silence. And it is just my opinion.

I think LE knows exactly what its doing.
I also think they have a good idea who they have their eye on.
they are not going to give out info they want the perp to give up.

Well I do not know a lot about cell phones and pings, but I do know that you can disable tracking on a phone. Some phones have it in the options menu, or u could open it up and remove the antenna. Also, in such a rural heavily forested area, I am not too sure how accurate tracking may be.
In regards to what the abductor may have done with the phone, who knows, but I will say this. When CB tried to call HB phone and it rang 5 times before going to voicemail, he has already seen them walking in the yard. CB had already talked to his mother two times. Is it possible that part of KB panic comes from trying to call HB but kept getting 5 rings and her voicemail? If that is the case, then the abductor didn't bother with the phone right away, it just kept ringing. Also, I have a hard time believing that KB would call 911 before trying to call her daughter.

KB IIRC didn't have her cellphone with her, left it at school... She also never mentioned trying to call Holly...

I wonder if Holly going to school for tests that day would have had the rings turned off on her cellphone.... Her phone could still be on, but just set not to sound off with any ringtones, vibrations, etc...

I believe her phone was on since CB call did not go to voicemail right away.... However, in the interest of being technically correct - a person could have their cellphone # forwarded to a different phone #, in which case her phone would not have rung, and the 5 rings would take place at the forwarded #.

I come to this thread to read often. I think of Holly every day. What happened to her? I am just so sad to come here daily and not see any new news; nothing from TBI; all we are left with is speculation. I am sorry, but I am not very confident that the TBI has a good hold on this case. I think that things were botched in the beginning; and I think that their lack of publicity has actually hurt the case. I hate the fact that the TBI thinks that they can quietly solve cases. That hasn't worked here, or in many other missing cases that they are handling. :sigh:

we dont know if anything was disturbed there or not. There has been little to no description of anything.

I feel Holly was accosted somewhere behind the house by her car and maybe pushed back into the garage area. At that point, perhaps when Clint started to stir around, the suspect and Holly knelt on the floor. I assume he had some sort of weapon and was probably threatening her to be quiet. Or if she had been struck or injured she was stunned. Yes she may have screamed first but if she was stunned she would be pretty compliant. If you have ever been punched in the face hard enough to knock you out for a few seconds you know what I mean.

But what caused her bleeding? It was a puddle of blood according to the latest article. To me, that is a significant amount. It's not a drop of blood or blood stain or smear.

If she was injured, I don't understand how she was able to walk side by side with the perp. No falling over or perp holding her up.

And why would a stranger park his car out into the woods ?

Ugh! I keep asking the same questions over and over........I give up.:banghead:

I've tried to catch up with the most recent pages, so I hope I"m not asking a question that's already been answered. I read that the BF was supposed to be hunting on the family's property across the county, and there were the phone calls between HB, her mom, and BF about not being allowed on the property. Does anyone know if he was actually confirmed to be there? Have any interviews addressed the family member who apparently told BF he couldn't hunt there? Who was BF with? If he called on a cell, it's entirely possible he wasn't across the county.

I also wanted to put in two cents about the mom's behavior. She had an immediate gut feeling something was wrong. IMO, the immediate suspicion by the mom tells me something might have happened at some point before the incident to make her worried about Holly's safety. I'd like to ask the family members, "If you had to guess who did this, no matter how crazy the suggestion, who would be the first person who pops into your head?"
I only say this because I am a suspicious person by nature, and I don't think even I would've assumed a kidnapping had occurred that quickly.

I've tried to catch up with the most recent pages, so I hope I"m not asking a question that's already been answered. I read that the BF was supposed to be hunting on the family's property across the county, and there were the phone calls between HB, her mom, and BF about not being allowed on the property. Does anyone know if he was actually confirmed to be there? Have any interviews addressed the family member who apparently told BF he couldn't hunt there? Who was BF with? If he called on a cell, it's entirely possible he wasn't across the county.

I also wanted to put in two cents about the mom's behavior. She had an immediate gut feeling something was wrong. IMO, the immediate suspicion by the mom tells me something might have happened at some point before the incident to make her worried about Holly's safety. I'd like to ask the family members, "If you had to guess who did this, no matter how crazy the suggestion, who would be the first person who pops into your head?"
I only say this because I am a suspicious person by nature, and I don't think even I would've assumed a kidnapping had occurred that quickly.

This is a good point. In reading these threads, one item really stands out to me. It seems that when KB heard from her son that Holly was "walking" into the woods with a stranger, and CB thought it was her boyfriend with her, I'd think that KB would clarify before assusming that her daughter is being kidnapped, which was apparently the case -she exclaimed something to the effect of it being a dire circumstance, due to the boyfriend being across the county hunting.

Here's the rub, as I see it: There are 3 possible perceptions that CB could have had re: this incident: Firstly, it wasn't anything that piqued his curiosity at all, he just assumed the HB and her bf were out for a stroll, but in that case, why call his mother?

In the second scenario, he knew that something was terribly wrong, but this doesn't seem to hold water. He's already said that he didn't know the BF wasn't there, thought that it could be him; he didn't, apparently, call in a panic to his mother that Holly was being kidnapped, didn't call the police, didn't call out, didn't run after her, etc.

In the third scenario, he thought it odd, but didn't sense anything outright alarming, such as a real "dragging" situation, a gun, a struggle, etc. In this case, I can see that he might call his mother out of some faint reservations...."that's Holly, she doesn't seem to be struggling, but it doesn't look exactly like her BF, and what on earth are they doing out for a stroll at this hour".... In this instance, I can see him calling her for some reassurance. However, if this were the case, wouldn't it be quite odd for KB not to at least say something like, "CB, are you sure that it's not her BF?" -or, "Her boyfriend was hunting this morning out on Grandma's property, did you see him come in?" -or at least questioned him regarding the situation -is she struggling? what does the guy look like?" to determine that it wasn't her bf, a friend, etc. However, from what we know, it seems that she immediately concluded that Holly was being kidnaped.

It does make you wonder if there wasn't something or someone that prompted her to immediately assume something nefarious. Also, though, it could be that there was more discussion on that phone call and I just haven't read it or that the whole conversation hasn't been released -just summarized by LE. It does make it difficult, though, to sleuth it without knowing.

If I could have the answer to just one question, it would be:

What did LE find out on Easter Sunday?

I live on 70 acres in rural Alabama. The other day, my "neighbor" drove over to the house, because she thought she kept hearing someone yelling for help. Fortunately, it was just my 4 year old yelling at the dog. I put quotes around "neighbor" because we don't live very close, but the sound carried. She said she wouldn't have been able to live with herself if she found out later that someone needed help, and she heard them, and didn't check on them. I'd probably do the same thing, but I would have to say that it would only be if the screams persisted. If I only heard one scream, I'd probably listen for something else ominous, and then go about my day if I didn't hear anything.

I say this just to say that all "country" people aren't the same and it should not be assumed so.

This is a good point. In reading these threads, one item really stands out to me. It seems that when KB heard from her son that Holly was "walking" into the woods with a stranger, and CB thought it was her boyfriend with her, I'd think that KB would clarify before assusming that her daughter is being kidnapped, which was apparently the case -she exclaimed something to the effect of it being a dire circumstance, due to the boyfriend being across the county hunting.

Here's the rub, as I see it: There are 3 possible perceptions that CB could have had re: this incident: Firstly, it wasn't anything that piqued his curiosity at all, he just assumed the HB and her bf were out for a stroll, but in that case, why call his mother?

In the second scenario, he knew that something was terribly wrong, but this doesn't seem to hold water. He's already said that he didn't know the BF wasn't there, thought that it could be him; he didn't, apparently, call in a panic to his mother that Holly was being kidnapped, didn't call the police, didn't call out, didn't run after her, etc.

In the third scenario, he thought it odd, but didn't sense anything outright alarming, such as a real "dragging" situation, a gun, a struggle, etc. In this case, I can see that he might call his mother out of some faint reservations...."that's Holly, she doesn't seem to be struggling, but it doesn't look exactly like her BF, and what on earth are they doing out for a stroll at this hour".... In this instance, I can see him calling her for some reassurance. However, if this were the case, wouldn't it be quite odd for KB not to at least say something like, "CB, are you sure that it's not her BF?" -or, "Her boyfriend was hunting this morning out on Grandma's property, did you see him come in?" -or at least questioned him regarding the situation -is she struggling? what does the guy look like?" to determine that it wasn't her bf, a friend, etc. However, from what we know, it seems that she immediately concluded that Holly was being kidnaped.

It does make you wonder if there wasn't something or someone that prompted her to immediately assume something nefarious. Also, though, it could be that there was more discussion on that phone call and I just haven't read it or that the whole conversation hasn't been released -just summarized by LE. It does make it difficult, though, to sleuth it without knowing.

Ahhh.. and there is the rub. We don't know the entire situation. LE is not going to release every detail of the investigation, so there is probably a whole lot about the conversations that morning that we don't know yet.
Karen could be a high strung mother who jumps to conclusions, for all we know. And Clint could have said something that made her think immediately of a kidnapping. Some mothers are just paranoid... I always think of the worst scenario and usually am wrong.

The reasons all these statements are jumbled up and not making sense is that we only hear parts of them and they're not in context. Even in interviews with the family, parts of them are often edited out so we don't get everything that is said or in the order it's said sometimes.

One of the things that still gets me is...

If Clint saw two people in the garage and thought it was Holly and her bf why didn't he just step outside and say "Hey, what you are you guys doing" instead of calling mom who is at work to find out.

Why bother a family member who is at work when you are right there?

Comments on a few things snipped from above:

In the third scenario, .....................However, if this were the case, wouldn't it be quite odd for KB not to at least say something like, "CB, are you sure that it's not her BF?" -or, "Her boyfriend was hunting this morning out on Grandma's property, did you see him come in?"

Fridaybaker, KB had spoken to Drew earlier in the morning.... don't know what was said, but from her reaction it seems she knew he had no intention of visiting Holly that morning....

I live on 70 acres in rural Alabama. ........ If I only heard one scream, I'd probably listen for something else ominous, and then go about my day if I didn't hear anything.
I say this just to say that all "country" people aren't the same and it should not be assumed so.

Totally agree T4Tide - one scream would would simply get my ears up...

One of the things that still gets me is...
If Clint saw two people in the garage and thought it was Holly and her bf why didn't he just step outside and say "Hey, what you are you guys doing" instead of calling mom who is at work to find out.
Why bother a family member who is at work when you are right there?

I can relate to what did Clint did. I have a sister when we were young, I would not have gone out an interrupted her.... as we grew older I respected her privacy.... only if I really thought she was in danger would I have gone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro