TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nine Missing Blond Women from West Tennessee–Are they Connected?

http://www.hometownof.com/swift-bobo-moo-williams-nine-missing-blond-women-from-west-tennessee/

Karen Swift's body was found. No arrests yet.

Anybody know the status of the others

========
Holly Bobo, who went missing April 13, 2011, from Darden, TN.

Gail Palmgren, who went missing April 30, 2011, from Signal Mt, TN.

Nancy Williams, who went missing May 16, 2011, from East Ridge, TN.

Marsha Suzanne Hunt, who went missing June 13, 2001, from Collegedale, TN.

Karen Swift, who went missing October 30, 2011, from Dyerburg, TN.

But there are others: Christina Bussell, missing since Sep 28, 2011, from Scott County, TN; Tonya Miller, missing since Jan 21, 2011, from Franklin County, TN;

http://www.hometownof.com/swift-bobo-moo-williams-nine-missing-blond-women-from-west-tennessee/

Gail Palmgren was found. Her Jeep went over the side of a cliff on a windy road.

here are two screenshots -

1)
shot1.jpg
- the door kb says cb looked out when he saw the perp and hb

2)
shot2.jpg
- a different perspective, showing the reporter and kb standing where hb was with perp and pointing to door cb saw them from.

The screen shots don't show up on my computer for some reason.

Question from a crazy Canuck.....lol

Is a Director ranked higher than a Special Agent? Or vice versa.

It means absolutely nothing, but I was just plugging in different locations into the map and I noticed that from Terry Britt's location to Madison County, where he was arrested and from his location to Centerville (Heather Sullivan) are about the same distance, just in opposite directions. The lunchbox also having been found half way between the Bobo's and his residence and a lot of the early searches seeming to gravitate towards his residence just makes me go hmmmm.

It means absolutely nothing, but I was just plugging in different locations into the map and I noticed that from Terry Britt's location to Madison County, where he was arrested and from his location to Centerville (Heather Sullivan) are about the same distance, just in opposite directions. The lunchbox also having been found half way between the Bobo's and his residence and a lot of the early searches seeming to gravitate towards his residence just makes me go hmmmm.

I tend to think that Britt wasn't the one who attacked Heather, because she described her attacker as skinny and Britt is listed at 6 feet, 200 lbs.

There's just so little to go on as far as insight into Holly's abductor:

- He likely knew her schedule.

- Did he know Clint was not supposed to be home? Would he have recognized Clint's vehicle? Was Clint's vehicle visible (not in detached garage with door shut).

- Clint says he thought he heard the voice of a young person.

- The phone seems to have been found relatively near the school (at the former concrete plant at 100 Eaton Street, U.S. 641/Tennessee 69, Parsons TN?). Was the phone placed their as a diversionary tactic? The area in front of the school was searched by people on hands and knees after the "significant item" (likely the phone) was found almost 2 weeks after she went missing. Was the phone meant to cast suspicion on someone at the school?

- Clint's description of the abductor being around 6 feet, 200 lbs (which does fit Britt).

any more stuff I can't think of? The camo maybe but that could fit anybody.

As I've said before, I do know one young man who lives in the area was questioned by police not long after Holly went missing, because I saw his posting about it on his Facebook, but I'm sure a lot of people were looked at closely.

We have heard very muddied stories regarding the neighbor and the scream...We even heard for a while that she didn't hear the scream but her son heard it and told her to call 911. Then she decided to drive over there.

I live one street off Main in my town. But I have lived in the country before and I can assure you that you often cannot tell where sounds are coming from. I lived in Madison Country, just next to the Tennessee line...such a beautiful but rural area. I could sometimes hear children screaming in play but couldn't tell you if that came from the north or south side of our home. I could hear trucks rumbling, animals prowling...all kinds of things. But it was tough to pinpoint where those sounds were originating.

The fact that the neighbor said she heard the scream from that distance and was concerned enough to drive over, while Clint says he never heard a scream and he was just feet away, has always been troubling to me.

On the Alabama side? If so howdy ex neighbor! I live in a rural area also, though it says Huntsville in the corner. And you're right it's real hard to tell which way a scream or yell is coming from, or a shotgun or rifle for that matter. The mountains here create an echo also so all you can do is guess a direction. I always found it interesting that I read here that the neighbor said she heard a scream coming from the garage. How do you know when a scream comes from a garage?

I tend to think that Britt wasn't the one who attacked Heather, because she described her attacker as skinny and Britt is listed at 6 feet, 200 lbs.

There's just so little to go on as far as insight into Holly's abductor:

- He likely knew her schedule.

- Did he know Clint was not supposed to be home? Would he have recognized Clint's vehicle? Was Clint's vehicle visible (not in detached garage with door shut).

- Clint says he thought he heard the voice of a young person.

- The phone seems to have been found relatively near the school (at the former concrete plant at 100 Eaton Street, U.S. 641/Tennessee 69, Parsons TN?). Was the phone placed their as a diversionary tactic? The area in front of the school was searched by people on hands and knees after the "significant item" (likely the phone) was found almost 2 weeks after she went missing. Was the phone meant to cast suspicion on someone at the school?

- Clint's description of the abductor being around 6 feet, 200 lbs (which does fit Britt).

any more stuff I can't think of? The camo maybe but that could fit anybody.

As I've said before, I do know one young man who lives in the area was questioned by police not long after Holly went missing, because I saw his posting about it on his Facebook, but I'm sure a lot of people were looked at closely.

I just noticed that about Heather's description. I would tend to agree with you, though people's definition of skinny can vary. I'm 6' and 200 lbs (no, not from Tennessee) and I like to think of myself as, if not skinny, then athletic. I would also assume LE gave Heather a photo array or even a lineup including Britt and I'd assume she didn't pick him.

On the Alabama side? If so howdy ex neighbor! I live in a rural area also, though it says Huntsville in the corner. And you're right it's real hard to tell which way a scream or yell is coming from, or a shotgun or rifle for that matter. The mountains here create an echo also so all you can do is guess a direction. I always found it interesting that I read here that the neighbor said she heard a scream coming from the garage. How do you know when a scream comes from a garage?

The Bobo's home is not in a mountainous area. It is rather flat in Darden, Tn, and not very difficult to locate the direction of a scream within a few hundred yards on flat terrain, imo..

I'm just curious, what incentive would the neighbor have for making it up? Unless one is going to point the finger at the neighbor, I would have no reason to question they heard the scream and the direction it came from. Also, you might have read it from a poster here, but I don't believe they ever reported that they heard it coming from the garage. I never saw any confirmed report where the neighbor pinpointed it as coming from the garage.

I'm just curious, what incentive would the neighbor have for making it up? Unless one is going to point the finger at the neighbor, I would have no reason to question they heard the scream and the direction it came from. Also, you might have read it from a poster here, but I don't believe they ever reported that they heard it coming from the garage. I never saw any confirmed report where the neighbor pinpointed it as coming from the garage.

It's never been confirmed that the scream came from the garage but I do remember reports that the neighbour said the screams came from the Bobo home hence the reason he told his mom to go check the Bobo's.

I don't know about them, or there, but I have neighbors that have children (no longer small) that have grown up in the house and over the years I've come to know their screams vs. the ones on the other side, etc. (none are particularly close either, but they grew up around here so I've heard them plenty over the years). Also can tell which direction it's coming from with little trouble. JMO and personal experiences.

Hi dejavoodoo....I was on the NC side, right up there where the Blue Ridge meets the Smokey Mountains. But if it any consolation, I was born in Alabama! :)

Missing Holly and thinking of her so much since I've returned to this thread.....

It's never been confirmed that the scream came from the garage but I do remember reports that the neighbour said the screams came from the Bobo home hence the reason he told his mom to go check the Bobo's.

Agreed, at the request of KB via the secretary. But yes, the screams led to the request. I was really addressing the comment above that the neighbor had pinpointed the scream as from the garage as opposed to the house in general.

Beyond his other crimes, his address, that he may work with an accomplice and that he'd take his victims away from the site of the abduction in vans, was any other information sleuthed about Terry Britt? I know I saw that he may have worked for what was described as a newspaper or as a mass mailer. I saw the name News Leader referenced, which appears to me to be more of a local paper. Had his work history been sleuthed at all?

I guess that's true AMW does make mistakes from time to time. If anyone is interested it's thread 33 post 357 by Mysterylover, who I haven't seen in awhile. It's says she heard the screams, no mention of the son. Of course they changed Drew to cousin also, but I think I know the reason for that.

Hi dejavoodoo....I was on the NC side, right up there where the Blue Ridge meets the Smokey Mountains. But if it any consolation, I was born in Alabama! :)

Missing Holly and thinking of her so much since I've returned to this thread.....

Ah I see and yeah it really is beautiful there. I've passed thru there several times before in my wondering years when I could just take off and go somewhere whenever I felt like it.:cry:

/Oh and I could tell you were from Alabama by your accent.:smile:

Not sure if there's anyone on here that participated in searches early on, if so, were ID's scanned or photocopied before going out on searches?

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Tennessee/Decatur-County-TN/Terry-Britt.8606679/details/

On his page, Britt also lists an employment address that corresponds to L & DH Transport. I couldn't find a lot of info on the company, but from looking at it from a street view on google maps, it looks like several dump trucks. It seems to me like I remember people wondering if the Bobo's had any work done at their house prior to Holly going missing. If so, and if the above is correct, I would hope LE looked to see if this company delivered rock or dirt or anything to their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx