TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
one snip (much more at link)

Meanwhile today, law enforcement concentrated its efforts on a neighborhood canvass around Holly’s residence which included going door to door asking neighbors what they saw the morning of her disappearance. The Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency is using sight imaging technology in nearby lakes to map the bottom of the bodies of water.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/TennesseeGovernorOffersReward.pdf

The guy that interviewed from Fox today with Geraldo on the other end said that the search parties were coming out of the woods with mud up to their chests (not quoting him - he may have worded it different) but if that is so Why are there NO footprints anywhere? Leading away from the home for starters...I don't get it.

Pretty bad reporting...and they used the "Famous Country Singer's Cousin" angle...

I understand what you are saying, but if using the famous country singer cousin angle helps bring her home then I'm all for it.
If I had a child or loved one missing I would pull out all the stops.
I agree reporting on these cases of late has gone downhill due to sensationalism but again it can be a good thing as long as the victims are kept in the media.

The guy that interviewed from Fox today with Geraldo on the other end said that the search parties were coming out of the woods with mud up to their chests (not quoting him - he may have worded it different) but if that is so Why are there NO footprints anywhere? Leading away from the home for starters...I don't get it.

I think a lot of the rain was AFTER she was taken...

I was thinking that if the woods around Holly's home were really muddy, then maybe that is why they were looking for someone cleaning their car or ATV....guess I am trying to think the most positive thing possible.

I think if they thought it was this ex bf and they couldnt find him- his face would be PLASTERED on tv 24 hrs a day 7 days a week .. JM humble opinion! lol
they would not hold back they would let the world know who it was they were looking for . dont ya think?

JMO

bbm

Strictly a guess, but I'll say he's been located by now. (IF he was even hard to locate at first)

I was thinking that if the woods around Holly's home were really muddy, then maybe that is why they were looking for someone cleaning their car or ATV....guess I am trying to think the most positive thing possible.

There is that but you would expect an ATV to be muddy. More likely they would be cleaning the inside... blood, fibers, hair, etc.

Here is the article about the cell phone:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20054426-504083.html

"Additionally, the search was moved from her home to an area about eight miles away Friday after authorities say they discovered a car that had Bobo's cell phone along with camouflage clothing inside."

I'm not sure how accurate this is, it doesn't say where the info came from and it hasn't really been brought up in any other reports (that I know of). I would think finding the suspect vehicle, clothing, and the victim's cell phone would be key evidence/info but I haven't really heard much about it.

Scannerland Commentary:

You can see these calls come in (cell phone, camo, car and the move of the search area) on the Holly Scanner thread history. I and many others watched/heard the calls for this incident come in live on the scanner. This was immediately before all Holly-investigation-related calls went private.

It's nice today, to finally have what we knew we heard (but could not discuss here) confirmed by MSM.

I'll go have a look for the call locations on the thread and link it up so interested folks can refer to that section of the Scanner Thread.

Caveat: One must be a WS member to access Scanner Threads.

Yet another good reason to join!

ETA:

Location of this call begins here on Holly's 1st Scanner thread. It's closed now, so the post number should not change.

Holly Bobo, Scanner Thread #1
4/15/2011
Poster: Peachy
Post #58
3:17 pm (EST on my computer)
Call is further detailed and described and discussed on the thread in subsequent posts.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Best thing is to go directly to that thread & read on from post 58.

Nice work, Scanners! :blowkiss:

There is that but you would expect an ATV to be muddy. More likely they would be cleaning the inside... blood, fibers, hair, etc.

I agree, but maybe the perp didn't want his ATV muddy, as to show he hadn't used it recently. Just a thought.

I think a lot of the rain was AFTER she was taken...

I dont mean to be a nuisance but in thick woods like that there would have been ways to tell if things were misplaced..and a path would have surely been worn through there had they gone into the woods and not down a path..which would have still had signs that someone recently passed through.

right?

We had two huge storms after she went missing...major storms...even pulled trees up in some areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member