TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here....running back and forth to the kitchen to make dinner. I mean, really...how come we have to eat all the time?! There's so much more important stuff to do! And how come we have to wear all these clothes? Geez....wash, vacuum, cook, clean, open mail....

In the middle of this vicious cycle my momma called from Atlanta....seems my daddy is having heart palpitations. He has a couple blocked arteries so any irregularity is alarming. They did the EKG in his doctor's office. They can see the heart if out of sync. They told my dad its probably because he drank some caffeine after playing 18 holes of golf.
I think not. He has played golf 3-4 times a week for years....and had caffeine all of his life too. He is headed home....if his heart doesn't calm down, he's going on to the emergency room. Prayers appreciated.

Sending prayers from Michigan

So, someone please tell me if this is against any rules, please. I was worried about this case, because so often small rural counties are not equipped or trained for this sort of situation. And I have wondered if all the confusion and conflicting information might be because of that. Plus, it seems like every time I see someone camera from the TBI, I have to say they don't come off too well. That bothers me, since I live here. Is it just me?

Thanks for any thoughts,
Maskedwoman, I really thought the tbi did a great job at the media briefings.. they also seem to be keeping a very tight hold on any and all info which would have to be so hard with over 3k searchers this weekend. I think they are doing a stellar job... jmhoo

For me, this is the hardest time in following such a case -- waiting for the authorities to search and try to find the missing person or enough clues to know what happened to them. Can you imagine what it is like for her family and loved ones? It must be absolutely horrific. If she were my child, I would be so worried, they would have to sedate me. My thoughts and prayers go to her mother, father and brother and to the rest of her extended family and friends. Holly-- where are you?

Maskedwoman, I really thought the tbi did a great job at the media briefings.. they also seem to be keeping a very tight hold on any and all info which would have to be so hard with over 3k searchers this weekend. I think they are doing a stellar job... jmhoo

I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with you nurse about LE in this case. I'm very impressed with the way they have handled things and even more impressed that Holly's community has come out for her like they have. It's amazing to me.

I am here....running back and forth to the kitchen to make dinner. I mean, really...how come we have to eat all the time?! There's so much more important stuff to do! And how come we have to wear all these clothes? Geez....wash, vacuum, cook, clean, open mail....

In the middle of this vicious cycle my momma called from Atlanta....seems my daddy is having heart palpitations. He has a couple blocked arteries so any irregularity is alarming. They did the EKG in his doctor's office. They can see the heart if out of sync. They told my dad its probably because he drank some caffeine after playing 18 holes of golf.
I think not. He has played golf 3-4 times a week for years....and had caffeine all of his life too. He is headed home....if his heart doesn't calm down, he's going on to the emergency room. Prayers appreciated.

Sending good vibes your way, shefner.

RE: the duct tape - I would hope they would see if it matched any tape at Holly's house - didn't they do that with the Caylee case and find that it matched tape at the Anthony's? Could provide a lead of some sort - or something valuable to the case...

Thx for the article...

It states that: "Duncan said that she and her family members have been unable to sleep since last Wednesday when Bobo's 25-year-old brother saw a man dressed in camouflage lead Bobo into the woods. Bobo's brother wasn't alarmed until he spotted blood in the driveway. "

If this is accurate...how long before he saw her "lead in the woods" did he come outside and notice the blood? If he knew she was heading to school, why wouldn't he have been alarmed with her heading into the woods...especially if it was someone he didn't recognize? (no accusations...just asking)

The article also stated: "Some of that key evidence includes the 20-year-old nursing student's lunch box found miles from her home. The other evidence being analyzed was found in the woman's driveway and includes blood on the ground and duct tape with blond hair stuck to it."

BBM...they found the duct tape in the driveway? Taking a guess here...but if one was attempting to kidnap someone, the duct tape is typically placed over the mouth. I'm guessing that there was some type of struggle and at some point HB was able to pull the duct tape from her mouth (but there are no reports of hearing her scream) and it fell to the ground as she was being "lead" away. I can't think of a logical reason that a kidnapper would duct tape their victim only to remove the duct tape a few seconds later. IMO.
Just thinking out loud.

i watched the video, and they showed a pic of the duct tape that they said a volunteer searcher found, so i would think it was NOT in the driveway.

So, someone please tell me if this is against any rules, please. I was worried about this case, because so often small rural counties are not equipped or trained for this sort of situation. And I have wondered if all the confusion and conflicting information might be because of that. Plus, it seems like every time I see someone camera from the TBI, I have to say they don't come off too well. That bothers me, since I live here. Is it just me?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Maskedwoman,

I follow and study a lot of cases (I took the long road to a degree) and the MSM is a good source of info...by no means a great one and that goes for big and small towns. Their job is not necessarily to report the facts, but to report the "story". LE pressers are usually the best source of info because it comes straight from the police, only problem there is they don't like to give up too much. I think the presser today was pretty well done. Trust me...I live in Los Angeles and by no means are they more equipped to handle these kind of situation than any rural community. I think it just seems that way because there's really no new leads and no new info, and none of the "old" info has really been confirmed.

so, if the suspect could be among the searchers and townsfolk then that doesnt sound encouraging - would this mean that there isnt anyone close or known to the family/friend circle of holly that is unaccounted for?

as for the governor adding 50k to the reward does anyone kinda go hunh? or is it just me?

don't get me wrong... I am GLAD the reward has been increased I am just wondering if the governor of the state doing it is normal... I have been around awhile but I don't remember anything quite like that happening

I thought the same thing. I, too, am very happy about the increase in reward but just sitting here questioning why for this one and maybe not others?

I've been trying to follow this as best I can; The duct tape may not have been found in the driveway, but it had to come from somewhere...just thinking out loud - and - maybe this has been discussed, but I'm confused about the lunch container - was she carrying it when she went into the woods? It was found miles away - how did it get there? Or am I really really confused? Help -thanks!

I've been trying to follow this as best I can; The duct tape may not have been found in the driveway, but it had to come from somewhere...just thinking out loud - and - maybe this has been discussed, but I'm confused about the lunch container - was she carrying it when she went into the woods? It was found miles away - how did it get there? Or am I really really confused? Help -thanks!

From the articles that I've read, HB had it in her hand and I don't believe she actually made it to her car or if she did, she was "attacked" before she got the door open. I'm guessing she was "lead" away with everything she was carrying. Which leads me to wonder if she had a backpack/purse and if so has it been recovered? I know one report said they found her cell phone some miles away. Not sure if that's true.

The article didn't say when he was arrested? Was it after HB went missing?
If so I think this is a GREAT lead tfrohning!!!

I really can't take the credit for this great find it was forward to me.

I still looking for arrest date. Vine is not showing the arrest date and the Madison county don't have booking log that I can find:banghead:

How I wish everything was easy has Putman county and FL:crazy:

From the articles that I've read, HB had it in her hand and I don't believe she actually made it to her car or if she did, she was "attacked" before she got the door open. I'm guessing she was "lead" away with everything she was carrying. Which leads me to wonder if she had a backpack/purse and if so has it been recovered? I know one report said they found her cell phone some miles away. Not sure if that's true.

could her cell phone have been in that lunch purse?
maybe it was ---she was carryingit---it rang--he grabbed it---he tossed it----JMO

It does seem as though LE should know by now if someone was missing from this small community. And if no one is missing, then either Holly is not with anyone, or the abductor is an outsider, neither of which is a favorable thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey