TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course LE is under no obligation to share anything with the public...but we've all seen many close-lipped cases where they have still never found the victim or perp...so it is a tough call for LE to decide what to release or keep quiet about. (As usual, I am thinking of Kyron's case as an example...totally silent LE/no signs of K or an arrest after almost 1 year.)

Are we not supposed to post about NG show on this thread, am confused.

Friend of family on NG says brother thought BF was showing her a turkey he had killed. Someone suggested that on this thread. Good Job.

They are talking about how many untrained volunteers are out there, is this a problem, will they know what is out of place, will they mess up a crime scene, are items being found that have actually been dropped by searchers, i.e. trash etc...

Caller asks about having a reenactment of the whole scene, dress someone up in camo, etc...have brother point out where they were...

They are showing on NG that she went into woods on opposite side of house where blood was found in carport.

Not a bad idea, anything might help (reenactment.)
Talking about the sonar i.e. to look into bodies of water. Need to have trained people so they know what they are seeing.
Doesn't seem to be a ransom case, more of an obsession.

I would like to see the brother be interviewed on tv. There are so many inconsistencies in this story. It's been said the brother thought it was the sister's boyfriend, but if so, why would the boyfriend be wearing camoflage and be leading her into the woods away from where she was supposed to be going.

It's also been said that LE think the man could have been familiar with the comings and goings at the house, and waited until the parents left before making his move. But if so, he should have known the brother was in the house, and I'm assuming a 25 year old man would be more of a threat to an abductor than older parents.

Holly was not a child who could be manipulated - she was a grown woman, why would she not scream her head off when confronted with a stranger?

Why did she have her lunch box with her. If she was being forcibly taken away, why carry a lunch box?

This is all very strange

I think its also odd that her cousin came out saying that the brother was cleared when the police released a statement saying nobody was cleared.

Frankly I think the brother deserves the benefit of the doubt - I just cant wrap my head around some of the details; the biggest being her walking with the unidentified suspect after being wounded in such a way the brother would assume everything was ok when seeing them...

Something happened on the driveway to make her bleed, once she was wounded and bleeding it seems unlikely to me that she would walk with that person with no outer signs of distress.

Had she been wounded and forced to go somewhere against her will one would assume that she would show signs of that distress; perhaps holding whatever part of her body that was bleeding, looking around in an attempt to find some method of escape, pulling away from the person thats attempting to remove her from her home. You would assume that the moment she was wounded on the driveway that she would have made a lot of noise - when someone does something to make you bleed its a natural reaction to cry out.. Had she not been seen walking from the home with this person that could be explained as her being knocked out, but we know thats not the case.

For the brother to assume that it was her boyfriend we must assume that there was nothing about the situation he felt abnormal - had someone actually been forcing her into the woods you would expect there to be signs.

The actual walking pace and body language of someone going for a walk and someone being abducted would be very different and it doesnt seem the brother felt there was reason for alarm..

Its hard to understand.

All we know for sure is she disappeared Wed. AM via a man in camo toward the woods...
now talking to a shrink about what kind of person does this...

Knows terrain, is not random, knows her or of her, knew her schedule, power trip, hunt is as exciting as the act. Many like to watch the reporting on their crimes. The fact she walked shows she already gave the power over the abductor, should stay and fight, once they get you away from the locale, much worse...

Holly was not a child who could be manipulated - she was a grown woman, why would she not scream her head off when confronted with a stranger?

Had she not already been wounded and bleeding it wouldnt be all that uncommon for her to go with someone against her will, people often go along with that sort of thing in hopes they wont be hurt. Once people are wounded thats typically when they figure out that things are a lot worse than they expected and attempt to fight back and/or seek rescue.

Im crossing my fingers shes found safe.

You can complain about NG in the parking lot downstairs. Not here. Thanks.

Ima

Thank you clucian...I dont get NG so without you Id have no idea what they were saying...hoping for something to put this all together.

All we know for sure is she disappeared Wed. AM via a man in camo toward the woods...
now talking to a shrink about what kind of person does this...

Knows terrain, is not random, knows her or of her, knew her schedule, power trip, hunt is as exciting as the act. Many like to watch the reporting on their crimes. The fact she walked shows she already gave the power over the abductor, should stay and fight, once they get you away from the locale, much worse...

Every expert I have ever heard says "don't let them take you to second location". I have told my daughter, if someone ever tries to kidnap you, fight for your life & cause a scene. Don't go with them under any circumstances because you're as good as dead.

Showing clips of her cousin from an interview about Holly...
Taking caller...possible she left on her own? Staged?

Family friend says no way, not in a million years...
Anything is possible (from an ex-LE) but no info that this would be true

LE would be looking at locals with violent records, as well as anyone out of routine, etc...
will look at sex offenders, 14 within 6 miles of her home. Shrink thinks that is a lot, since that's only the ones caught, and in such sparse population.

251 totoal RSO's in wider area, western part of the state? They did not say what the # encompassed.

No POI, no one ruled out.

She could be in a v. dangerous situation right now...
No trace of her in almost a week.
Ex LE says well-planned. Hid tracks well.

Caller- Could it be they were after her cousin?

Seems unlikely...seems planned, the timing, etc...after Holly, not random.

Perp may have prepared, changed his tires in advance, gathered duct tape, etc...
We have to hold out hope, although after a week, time is no one's friend.
Stats are not in Holly's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member