TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why no pleas from Jo Ann's family? I haven't seen anything from them.....

Please forgive my naivety in advance, but do any of you biker-informed brains have any opinions on whether or not many in the 1% follow daily national news?

Phrased another way, how likely would it be for AM to contact affiliated chums for help or a place to stay who might have zero idea that the girls aren't his and are considered missing & endangered?
I wanted to mention that I am one of those people who, if I didn't come here to Websleuths, would have no idea about the Bain family. I have no cable TV, don't read the paper and rarely check the news unless someone tells me to do so. If AM were related to me and said he was coming for a visit, I'd have no idea there was a problem. I know a lot of other people who have no idea who this family is. Just saying it might not be too unusual for there to be people who have no idea he is a fugitive.

I wonder what vehicle Mayes was driving when he went to TN in the first place. More than likely he was driving the same vehicle or he may have traded the vehicle and never registered it. The way I see it he had to have some sort of transportation to get from MS to TN.
True.

But MS neighbors said he sold all his possessions, his bike, etc..

So maybe he had help from someone who provided a vehicle.

It just hit me again that this %&$#@ killed a 14yo old girl. She will never go to her prom, never experience first love, never get married and become a mother herself. What a selfish, wicked, heartless thing to do. And poor Jo Ann, her last thought must have been for her girls. I want them to catch AM so stinking bad I can taste it.

So, if Gary Bain expected to drive U-haul w/Mayes the next day - why haven't we heard anything from LE? Gary wakes and find everyone gone? There is an info disconnect between Gary Bain waking and reporting family missing. WTF did he do all day if he had planned on driving to AZ with Mayes with the u-haul?

Early reports said that he woke up after he thought the girls had left for school. He tried to call Jo Ann periodically throughout the day but did not get an answer.

When the school bus came and his daughters were not on it, he became alarmed and called 911.

Sounds pretty normal to me. If I were GB, my first thought would not be "OMG, my good and trusted friend AM has kidnapped my wife and three daughters!"

I'd be thinking "huh, did I mix up on the plans? I thought it was going to be today but maybe it was for tomorrow. Darned memory! Well, there's certainly enough to do around here, better get going on it..."

Jo Ann was in school to get her teaching certificate, so I would imagine it would be normal for her cell phone not to be on during classes (most teachers really, really hate it when a cell phone goes off during class).

Which is more likely--that someone got confused on plans or that their spouse and children were kidnapped? The first probably happens thousands of times every single day in this country. The second... not so often.

I just thought about it....can you really picture AM dying hair. Wanna bet that is where mama and wifie came into it. I bet at least one of them did the cut, and dye jobs, as well as his makeover...Just a hunch...

I am going to bed, this has me just so upset. I will say a prayer...hope the little ones are found tonight safely. I also hope they shoot the dirtbag, but don't kill him, would love to see him suffer from gunshots, then rot away until they fry his *advertiser censored*...IMHO

Good Night all...
It is horrific. And I think you are mostly correct.

Just one picky point: hair clippings don't contain DNA. There is DNA in the hair bulbs but not in the hair itself.

If they found a hairbrush or comb that had hair combed out in it, there's a pretty good chance that there would be at least a few hairs with the bulbs attached. Most people shed a few hairs (complete with bulbs) or pull them out every time they brush or comb.

But if all they had was clippings, it is unlikely that there were hair bulbs attached.

Too bad it sounds like he cut their hair before dyeing it. It would be helpful if we knew what colour they are now if he did dye their hair.

Hmmmmm... the girls had what I would call medium brown hair, so it would be easiest to go darker. Going lighter would mean he'd have to bleach their hair and then dye it (two steps instead of just one). So dark brown, black or maybe a darker red? If he did dye their hair, I hope he didn't have the savvy to do their eyebrows as well, so that they will look a bit odd to most people.

Good eye.

Maybe it was either taken in by LE, or perhaps it hadn't been picked up yet? They might have had the uHaul reserved for pick-up sometime Friday, but with everyone missing, maybe Gary didn't go to get it? Since the Durango was abandoned, maybe he didn't have another vehicle with a tow hitch to pull it?

just brainstorming...
Even tho I "thanked" holly's post, I've yet to see "all the photos of the Whiteville home"...only saw a couple...anyone got the link handy? Maybe LE moved it or tarped it and told media it was off-limits to photograph?

Yes he had sun glasses around his neck in one pic...and I'm sure if we could find one with him smiling....it would be one you couldn't forget. I wonder if has any tats? Add a mustache with a bald head?

doesn't he have something going on with a tooth? a front tooth? i thought i heard something on the news today about that

I wondered about that early on. If someone was invested in his "mission", it mite have been a "let's go git her, no matter what" thang. :( :( :( :( (all 4)

You might be very accurate there but my thought was he conned someone else into picking them up with a story. but then how did he transfer the bodies between the vehicles without someone else knowing?

So, there is something to be said in the transfer of vehicles from JB's to another.

The bodies were brought back to TN coroners office because they believe they were killed there. Then they were transported to MS and buried and burned in the yard.

Where ever her vehicle was left there had to be one waiting to bring them to MS.

Just one picky point: hair clippings don't contain DNA. There is DNA in the hair bulbs but not in the hair itself.

If they found a hairbrush or comb that had hair combed out in it, there's a pretty good chance that there would be at least a few hairs with the bulbs attached. Most people shed a few hairs (complete with bulbs) or pull them out every time they brush or comb.

But if all they had was clippings, it is unlikely that there were hair bulbs attached.

Too bad it sounds like he cut their hair before dyeing it. It would be helpful if we knew what colour they are now if he did dye their hair.

Hmmmmm... the girls had what I would call medium brown hair, so it would be easiest to go darker. Going lighter would mean he'd have to bleach their hair and then dye it (two steps instead of just one). So dark brown, black or maybe a darker red? If he did dye their hair, I hope he didn't have the savvy to do their eyebrows as well, so that they will look a bit odd to most people.
IMO, any group of children with dyed hair would make an impression. Young children with dyed hair will cause attention. I can tell when an adult changes hair color...fwiw, with a child it will be more obvious. imo

they were still young enough you could dress them like boys.

Prayers for these littleones and their loved ones. Hope they come home safe and sound.

What a fantastic and educational post.

I'm going to gush a bit here. I've been a fan of your frequently insightful, and often educational posts since I first came across them, I think way back during the Phoebe Prince bullying threads. The above post is a good example of why I learn much in reading here.

Often, we see new laws evolve due to specific cases here. I think you've just helped to outline beginning arguments for lobbyists to use in a push to get US to adopt practices like those in Austria.

As well, you've made me think hard about how I chose to donate to different charities and funds.

Nicely done. While we might not see direct impact in govt response, I'd count this as a small positive that has come out of following this tragic case.

I don't think I ever posted on the Phoebe Prince forums, so you may be thinking of someone else.

But I'm all verklempt anyway. <BLUSH>

i think that's great that you would do those other images. i would also make it clear that he is tall and linky and his teeth are not alined. i think he would be easy to spot no matter what he did. i am picturing sun glasses and a hat. probably a scruffy beard due to being on the run but that is up to debate.

I still think he is holding low right now.

Doing a collection of other pics I've found at the moment. It'll take awhile to make some but if he had long hair would he be noticed? This is a small pic but to make it larger loses resolution.

attachment.php

adammayeswanted2.jpg

Why no pleas from Jo Ann's family? I haven't seen anything from them.....

My guess is that they knew from pretty early on that AM is seriously unstable and perhaps delusional. My opinion is that under the circumstances, anything the family might say could trigger AM in some really bad way.

Plus, in many years of following cases, I can't think of a single case where a public plea actually inspired a perp to let a hostage go.

The only thing that pleas seem to be good for is to stir up or catch media attention. This case has lots of attention from the media, so I don't think there's anything to gain and potentially a lot to lose by speaking publicly.

i think that's great that you would do those other images. i would also make it clear that he is tall and linky and his teeth are not alined. i think he would be easy to spot no matter what he did. i am picturing sun glasses and a hat. probably a scruffy beard due to being on the run but that is up to debate.

I still think he is holding low right now.
I also think he's in hiding somewhere safe.

But thinking waaaaay outside the box...similarly to cutting girls' hair and dressing them to look like boys...

What if he uses makeup and dresses as a woman? Yeah, 6' 3" women attract too much attention, but....

Altho actually, I think, when he wants to move them, it will be via a helper(s), and he will follow alone. He may be "calling in markers". Just a late nite thought.

. IF GB had plans to move uhaul with AM that day - then what in the hello did he do all day prior to realizing something was amiss when girls didn't come home from school on the bus? Media reports say he last saw Jo Ann at 1 am night before she went missing. I duno - I think Gary Bain is aware of a lot more than what we've heard from media.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GG_23
Back