TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re TM's fear that AM was having an affair with JB.

What TM was seeing was that he was spending time with them a lot, that he probably talked about them a lot. But she looked at it from the perspective of an adult. Adults have relationships with adults. Thus she feared an affair with JB. And that is what she talked about with her family.... her fears and her perceptions.

But the truth seems to be more that AM had an obsession with the kids, or with one of the kids. This is out of the norm, unexpected and therefore I don't think she put it together.

As far as AM saying he was the father, I really think that was his fantasy. He wanted the girl or girls. They were "his girl's". He talked about going for custody. And the court doesn't usually give custody to unrelated guys, so I think he tried to convince everyone around him that they were "his girl's." Also it made it easier to justify his time there to TM by saying the girls were his daughters. I do think he lied to her about the girls being his daughters, just to justify having them over, going to them. She may believe they were his kids, but IMO I don't think they are.

The whole thing about AM being the father was a scam IMO.

It seems TM was very jealous of the relationship so I take what she said with a boat load of salt. I think she was even jealous of the two children.

She even thinks he had an affair with JoAnn and there isnt one shred of evidence to show that is true.

Actually I think TM has mental issues of her own and needs to be assessed by the doctors appointed by the Court.

IMO

There are many indications from others that his behavior with the children was inappropriate.

There is no doiubt she had mental issues. She also was isolated and when law enforcement was called AM quickly stepped in to say she was crazy.

It would be easier for her to tell others that she thought he was having an affair with JB than to tell them he was molesting the children.

I am not defending her in any way for her actions. I am just stating that his relationship with the children is very clear to me.

JMO

I feel very sorry for GB that he is being doubted as a father. For all we know, Joann didn't tell him of the claims against AM, whether it was bc she didn't believe it or she didn't want to upset him. How do we know he willingly let his girls be around someone who was accused of being naked with them? We don't know! From everything I've heard and read, GB is a loving father. He adopted two girls who weren't his own bc he loved and married their mother and he loved them too. Who cares about the age difference? They were consenting adults, that's all that matters. My mom was 20 and my dad 38 when they got married. It's not creepy. I hope GB doesn't learn of the judgements being passed on him, he has enough sorrow to handle. I think with the meticulous work LE did to find these girls, they wouldn't let them go into an environment that isn't safe. JMO

Best friends...cousins...I'm sure cousins are like best friends to some people...I think what we're discussing is "confidantes" regardless of blood relationship, geographical closeness, etc.. IF someone has a "secret", they may or may not tell a confidante. Mileage varies. JMO

...As far as AM saying he was the father, I really think that was his fantasy. He wanted the girl or girls. They were "his girl's". He talked about going for custody. And the court doesn't usually give custody to unrelated guys, so I think he tried to convince everyone around him that they were "his girl's." Also it made it easier to justify his time there to TM by saying the girls were his daughters. ...
If he planned on kidnapping them for a long time, this would also garner him sympathy from his local neighbors, which may be why some people may have helped him.

I'm not picking on anybody here, again just sayin', my cousins haven't the foggiest idea what I do and who I am with. They barely know where I live and I don't know where half of them live. My best friend, on the other hand, knows everything about me and still likes me, anyway.

BTW, my siblings don't actually have a clue about my life, either. We just weren't a close family.

Maybe the bff wasn't around when JB had the relationship with AM and never told her. I wouldn't admit to it! She went to HS with JB, but how close have they actually been thru all the years? The aunt, imo had been in close touch with JB and knowing she even had a hair appointment for that deadly Friday.

Joann's own cousin stated they did have relationship at one time.

She said she hadn't seen JB in years, never had seen AM, but she said they had a brief relationship years ago. So I guess she's got info from her family, she's second cousin. She's cousin, not aunt and not sure if she talked to JB's Mom or another family member, but talked about JB not showing up for hair appt and kids weren't in school that day.

Were they from JoAnn or Gary's family?

I know her best friend said she came out because she had seen so much incorrect information being said about JoAnn and AM.

IMO

Yes, her cousin said she believed they had a relationship.

""At one time, there was a relationship, a brief relationship between him and my cousin Joann. Yes I do believe they had an intimate relationship at one time," she continues."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18254538/jo-ann-bains-family-speaks-out-about-murder-and-kidnapping

I hope GB doesn't learn of the judgements being passed on him, he has enough sorrow to handle.

This is really hard, because while I want to feel nothing but 100% sympathy for GB (and I really do feel for him and what he's going through), I still have some angst about him letting 3 girls stay the night with AM, and still be exposed to him after that CPS thing. The excess attention he paid these girls (photos on AM's Facebook account, combined with them sleeping over at his house), followed by ANY kind of CPS investigation should be enough for any dad to refuse that guy access to his kids anymore. Period. To me, the children are the most important part of this case, because they didn't choose any of this. Even if GB was my own brother, I would hug him, cry with him, then at some point ask, "How did this guy still have access to you and your kids after the CPS thing?" to make sure he knows in the future that these girls need extra protection and care.

I feel very sorry for GB that he is being doubted as a father. For all we know, Joann didn't tell him of the claims against AM, whether it was bc she didn't believe it or she didn't want to upset him. How do we know he willingly let his girls be around someone who was accused of being naked with them? We don't know! From everything I've heard and read, GB is a loving father. He adopted two girls who weren't his own bc he loved and married their mother and he loved them too. Who cares about the age difference? They were consenting adults, that's all that matters. My mom was 20 and my dad 38 when they got married. It's not creepy. I hope GB doesn't learn of the judgements being passed on him, he has enough sorrow to handle. I think with the meticulous work LE did to find these girls, they wouldn't let them go into an environment that isn't safe. JMO

I don't doubt GB is the father of the youngest child. She resembles him strongly.
It's the middle child I have questions about.

And other people have said different things.

TM's sister wasn't the only one. I believe JB's cousin was quoted in regards to a possible dating relationship as well.

Joann's own cousin stated they did have relationship at one time.

Can you all link to these quotes?

All I recall is that people have said that TM suspected an affair or that people were told that AM believed he was the father of these girls.

I'd like to have all these quotes lined up so we can look at them as a whole.

Nearly all the headlines around have been saying that the girls were found safe. Although I am beyond relieved about that, I am sad that the death of Adrienne (and JoAnn) has gotten pushed to the wayside with one sentence buried in an article. I hope in a day or two, the MSM does a very nice peace on the Adrienne's life: what she liked, hobbies, personality, etc, as a memorial to her.

Rest In Peace. I am so sorry your young life was cut short.

Yes, her cousin said she believed they had a relationship.

""At one time, there was a relationship, a brief relationship between him and my cousin Joann. Yes I do believe they had an intimate relationship at one time," she continues."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18254538/jo-ann-bains-family-speaks-out-about-murder-and-kidnapping

I wonder if that's how JB met GB, anyway, HLN said the kids called him brother, which we saw, and he called JB mother. Never heard that one before, but the reporter had just left from an interview with TM's mother. ;D

I don't doubt GB is the father of the youngest child. She resembles him strongly.
It's the middle child I have questions about.

The middle child is not GB's biological daughter. She is another man's (who gave up his parental rights) and from what people state here, he looks a lot like her.

Nearly all the headlines around have been saying that the girls were found safe. Although I am beyond relieved about that, I am sad that the death of Adrienne (and JoAnn) has gotten pushed to the wayside with one sentence buried in an article. I hope in a day or two, the MSM does a very nice peace on the Adrienne's life: what she liked, hobbies, personality, etc, as a memorial to her.

Rest In Peace. I am so sorry your young life was cut short.

Yes, a completely senseless death. What was the point of killing this young 14 year old child? The other people in the house (GB, his daughter, and I believe his granddaughter) were not killed. Why kill this 14 year old with her whole life ahead of her?

Can you all link to these quotes?

All I recall is that people have said that TM suspected an affair or that people were told that AM believed he was the father of these girls.

I'd like to have all these quotes lined up so we can look at them as a whole.

See post #293 for link. Also, it was announced that the aunt will be on someone's show tonight, but I can't remember if was Vinnie, JMV or NG.

The middle child is not GB's biological daughter. She is another man's (who gave up his parental rights) and from what people state here, he looks a lot like her.

I know she is not GB's biological daughter. So I am not questioning whether GB is her father, because he isn't.

Yes, a completely senseless death. What was the point of killing this young 14 year old child? The other people in the house (GB, his daughter, and I believe his granddaughter) were not killed. Why kill this 14 year old with her whole life ahead of her?

Just guessing here, but I suspect she was not a target originally. But perhaps she woke up during the kidnapping and they felt they had to kill her to keep her quiet. I can think of other reasons as well, but this seems to me to be the most likely.

Was the white Alero real or just a mistake? What vehicle was used to transport the bodies to MS?

On a much grimmer note I want to explain what little I understand about just how very painful and traumatic a strangulation death is.. I believe some are possibly under the impression from movies and such that it's a relatively "easy" and painless death and the victim within seconds loses consciousness.. Oh if every strangulation victim were to only be so lucky.. Sorry if this is too graphic but I do think it's important to understand not only for what the victims went through but just as importantly (and why I am so anxious to learn if the girls witnessed these deaths) is due to the fact of how gruesome and traumatizing it would be for these young girls to witness their own mother and sister die in such a violent way..

When strangled the victim does not necessarily quickly lose consciousness, in fact most times due to the fact the murderer isn't familiar with the amount of force or time it actually takes to strangle SOMEONE TO DEATH.. Therefor the victim many times is never able to lose consciousness because the murderer is reducing pressure, changing positions, etc, etc.. This death takes several minutes even if the murderer is efficient in his strangling the victim.. The pain and terror of course for that victim IS ENDLESS AND FEELS LIKE FOREVER IN THOSE SEVERAL MINUTES OF BEING STRANGLED..

As far as what is seen from the bystander(ATLEAST Teresa Mayes for sure witnessed it and possibly the girls).. Not only are those several minutes that it takes to strangle them torturous, especially when it's your mom or sister but most importantly IMO is the images that would be forever ingrained in their minds.. Most differently from what's seen in the movies is what the victim looks like in those last moments of the strangulation..AND WHAT THEY CONTINUE TO LOOK LIKE EVEN AFTER THEY ARE DECEASED IS A HORROR IN AND OF ITSELF THAT MOST ARE NOT AWARE OF..

The victim literally becomes a deep purplish blue, more traumatizing is that there eyes literally bulge out in such an extreme way that it looks as tho it's "movie prop".. I mean very extreme way along with the tongue many, many times protrudes out even after death in a very extreme and gruesome way.. These horrors remain post mortem and I cannot even imagine it being your mother or sister that you see and have forever ingrained in your brain.. It's extremely gruesome death.. It's extremely painful and torturous death.. It's extremely traumatizing to witness..

I apologize for the graphic description but I did make sure to not include any details beyond what is already posted here at WS.. In fact if have any question or doubt of what I described go the Petit family case from Connecticut.. The home invasion Komisarjefsky and his pal were responsible for(both on death row) where they killed all 3 females and dad escaped as the house was burning down.. Jennifer Hawke-Petit was raped and strangled minutes before the house was engulfed in flames.. Her strangulation and the details are very close to what I included above(as I said I made sure to not be any more graphic than what I knew for certain was already posted here).. You will see that the strangulation death is nothing like what many Hollywood movies and TV shows have shown it to be..

It's due to my knowing just how violent, gruesome, and devastatingly traumatic it would be to witness this is why I so very desperately want to know if these young girls witnessed the deaths of mom and sister.. IMO this is a huge traumatizing factor that I am praying these girls were somehow spared..

As for Teresa this is exactly what she witnessed and with her jealousy and hatred for Joann I somehow believe its possible she took pleasure in witnessing this poor woman's violent death..jmo.. She is not of a diminished capacity that excuses her years of jealousy, hatred, and rage that she had(and neighbors saw on a regular basis her taking out on Adam)..so her cowering, abused, pitiful wife tale is just that a BIG OL' TALL TALE.. She is absolutely culpable and she will pay the price IMO.. That price quite possibly being with her own life.. She knew right from wrong, she was a willing participant(if not more as others have suggested) and her attempts at a defense after the fact just aren't gonna work.. Give her a great defense lawyer, give her competency testing, and let her stand trial in a Tennessee court room for 1st degree murder.. Teresa Mayes will stand trial IMO and I, for one hope that justice is served on behalf of the beautiful wife/mother that was violently killed, along with her oldest daughter that never even had a chance to live her life.. Justice for Joann and Adrienne Bain is what I and many others demand!!

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back