TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i never said he did rape or molest them. However, he allowed a man accused of being naked alone with his child to continue to visit and take them alone on excursions. I am saying that his inaction contributed to this tragedy. Authorities should be able to investigate and see if this man is fit to raise these children. It was a male that committed these crimes, and as a female, I believe these children need females around them. Not a 60 something year old man who is not even the father of one of them, and who sat back and allowed his buddy to do all of this. It is how I feel about it. I am entitled to feel this way. Yes, GB marrying someone 30 years younger than him offends me. I have seen these types around this area my entire life, and it is yuck to me, dirty old men wanting young women and girls will always sicken me. I believe there is way more to this whole story than meets the eye, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it. This is all my opinion, and I am still entitled to it.

I am trying to understand this statement. You are correct, you are entitled to it, I just think I am reading it wrong. Do correct me IF I am wrong; but what I am reading tells me you are generalizing, categorizing, vilifying, and discriminating against someone based on their gender and age?

Some evidence to suggest others aided this crime.

The effort goes on and additional arrests are possible.
It came down to good ole law enforcement techniques brought this to conclusion. The ground and pound method working day and night.
Grid searches, thoroughly combing heavily wooded areas. FBI helped MS, TN LE.
Many agencies helped throughout, names these agencies.

This was a case that we knew had national implications and concerns. We knew also that two victims, JB and AB lives had been lost and we wanted to find out why.

MBI because involved in this on May 1 after finding out mother and older daughter had been killed. Our number one concern was for the other two children and the public in this area.

There are no words that I could put out to thank these agencies for the hard work that they have done. Our SAR team worked diligently in bringing this to an end.

Special Agent McMullen: It's a pleasure to be here on behalf of the FBI to say thank you to all the officers and investigators. The investigation that ended a nightmare for AB and KB. I can't say enough about the outstanding work about these agencies. It was a ground fight, we had a lot of technology involved, but as the governor said, it came down to feet on the ground.

The public was important in this investigation. LE at every level was important. We want to make sure we maintain that cooperative spirit. On behalf of the FBI I thank you for rescuing these two children and capturing a top ten fugitive.

Two gentlemen that were very instumental in bringing this to a close Crawford and Lt. Lee Elington.

Yesterday around 1800 hours I received a call about a tip about a cabin behind a CHURCH. There was not sign of any power lines to the woods, but two logging roads were found. 60 yards down the logging road to the left a blue jug was laying down by the line that caught my attention. When I looked back you could see one of the children's head on the ground. They began giving commands and the girls picked their heads up. Mr. Hayes (Mayes) raised to his knees, never brandished the gun to any of us or the children. At that time he took his life.

We were fortunate enough to locate the suspect and these two girls unharmed. A lot of prayers were answered when we found these two young ladies to be safe. Unfortunately the suspect took his life, but at the end of the day two young ladies returned to their father safely, as did the officers.

This is an ongoing investigation, facts are still coming in.

What were the girls doing when the officers showed up? All three were laying down trying to take cover. They were within inches to AM.
We had a couple of investigations going on, one in TN and one here. We were focused on finding the girls so the motive wasn't the focus for us.

Was it tips that kept you all in that area? Certainly, as I said during my comments, one of the most important components in this was the public providing info. When he went onto the FBI most wanted list, that increased the calls. But remained in that area, because we believed that was a pretty good possibility he remained there. The pressure being applied was critical to the ending.

News got out quickly, the amber alert system worked from the very beginning. This would not have happened without the cooperation of the public and the cooperative effort of the LE agencies together.

Will someone get the award? That will be yet to be determined. If it is determined that a individual is responsible for leading officers to this location, that would be a very good possibility.

What will it mean for the Bain family not to have Mayes fully brought to justice? Can't explain how they'd feel.

Won't respond to questions about individuals arrested.

What was the reaction of the children? Alarmed, but they didn't cry. I would think maybe relieved when the incident was over. They'd been several days without food and water. They'd been three days without food and water, with poison ivy and insect bites. They were shaken and in distress.

How has this affected you emotionally? It will make you go home and love your kids.

Mayes didn't say anything before he shot himself.
Once they were spotted on the ground, he shot himself within 10 seconds. He got to his knees.

MHP and Fish and Wildlife were the two agencies.

There was no shelter there in the woods.
We certainly hope to provide the reward money to the tipster but there is a process to verify before so I'm not going into who that is.

There was urgency from the very beginning. We worked nonstop bringing in more resources. There was always a sense of urgency.

They didn't have food and water for three days. They have no idea if they brought food, had food stashed somewhere. I'm sure these children can shed some light on this when they get to a place they can speak and calm down.

Only found the 9mm pistol.

No comment on the mother and AB because of the ongoing investigation.
Were there homes in that area? There were deer camps in that area. This was a hunting area and there were lots of deer camps.
They are combing through all the evidence to see if anyone has assisted in this crime and if anyone did assist, this team will make an arrest.

If anyone gets a link to the whole presser, plz post it...I only caught the end and it was breakin' up...

The F&G guy (first one to speak) was still calling Mayes---Hayes.

It seems TM was very jealous of the relationship so I take what she said with a boat load of salt. I think she was even jealous of the two children.

She even thinks he had an affair with JoAnn and there isnt one shred of evidence to show that is true.

Actually I think TM has mental issues of her own and needs to be assessed by the doctors appointed by the Court.

IMO

I am not sure what proof most women are going to need if their husband tells them he might be the father of two children. Of course he could have been lying but in most cases men would lie they are not the father than the other way around.

The affidavits are linked on here somewhere. Here's a synopsis:

"Adam and Teresa Mayes are charged with killing JoAnn Bain and her 14-year-old daughter, Adrienne, in the Bain's Tennessee home in order to kidnap the two younger girls, according to affidavits filed in the murder charges. Teresa Mayes told police she witnessed Adam kill JoAnn Bain in the garage of the Bain's home, and then kill Adrienne Bain in the home itself."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/adam-mayes-makes-fbi-top-10-wanted-family/story?id=16312023#.T61q47PlPqx

How? How do you stand by and watch someone strangle someone else? It isn't like a gun, bang and it is over. It takes at least a few minutes. Looong minutes in that situation. And she watched it not once, but twice. That part is what makes me wonder about her. And no matter what her feelings were about the mother, she still remained silent while the young daughter was strangled.

No crying out, no screaming, no running away. Nothing that would even wake the others in the household.

It seems TM was very jealous of the relationship so I take what she said with a boat load of salt. I think she was even jealous of the two children.

She even thinks he had an affair with JoAnn and there isnt one shred of evidence to show that is true.

Actually I think TM has mental issues of her own and needs to be assessed by the doctors appointed by the Court.

IMO

There's a link from ?2009? a few pages ago that stated she was a "Pathways patient," which leads me to believe she was in a hospital or outpatient program at some point.

News conference was cut off! I want to know if the two young girls witnessed the deaths of their mother and sister.. for me this could change eeverything as far as the perception these girls were under these last two weeks.. if they witnessed it IMO the trauma would be all the more worse for these two girls.. if they didn't then IMO dependant upon other factors I believe it could have been hidden from them for a good portion of the time what was actually going on.. did anyone see where this question was asked or answered.. TiA.

IMO

Yep, I dont think I would trust anything any of the Mayes' have ever said. But the point about the affair is key. I bet he told her had an affair with JoAnn. It is obvious since he was claiming at least one of the girls was his. I think its almost certain that affair never happened and JoAnn would have immediately said so. That may be why he killed her that night.

How? How do you stand by and watch someone strangle someone else? It isn't like a gun, bang and it is over. It takes at least a few minutes. Looong minutes in that situation. And she watched it not once, but twice. That part is what makes me wonder about her. And no matter what her feelings were about the mother, she still remained silent while the young daughter was strangled.

No crying out, no screaming, no running away. Nothing that would even wake the others in the household.

Yes, and we are talking about two people strangled, not just one. Why kill a 14 year old girl at all? GB and his other daughter were in the house, they were not killed.

Seeing as though he was married for 10ish years to Teresa, I'll go out on a limb and say either one or both of them were unable to have children. And I would bet that the Bain family knew that. Played the sympathy card.

Yes, and as Teresa has been on many psych meds, often due to the serious harm caused to fetuses, providers try to make certain, with birth control etc, that pregnancy does not occur. And depending on the type of mental health issue she has, if it is hereditary (would not surprise me), serious counseling about having children and birth control is part of a treatment plan. Often due to compliance with taking meds, norplant or depo is used...

The effort goes on and additional arrests are possible.
It came down to good ole law enforcement techniques brought this to conclusion. The ground and pound method working day and night.
Grid searches, thoroughly combing heavily wooded areas. FBI helped MS, TN LE.
Many agencies helped throughout, names these agencies.

This was a case that we knew had national implications and concerns. We knew also that two victims, JB and AB lives had been lost and we wanted to find out why.

MBI because involved in this on May 1 after finding out mother and older daughter had been killed. Our number one concern was for the other two children and the public in this area.

There are no words that I could put out to thank these agencies for the hard work that they have done. Our SAR team worked diligently in bringing this to an end.

Special Agent McMullen: It's a pleasure to be here on behalf of the FBI to say thank you to all the officers and investigators. The investigation that ended a nightmare for AB and KB. I can't say enough about the outstanding work about these agencies. It was a ground fight, we had a lot of technology involved, but as the governor said, it came down to feet on the ground.

The public was important in this investigation. LE at every level was important. We want to make sure we maintain that cooperative spirit. On behalf of the FBI I thank you for rescuing these two children and capturing a top ten fugitive.

Two gentlemen that were very instumental in bringing this to a close Crawford and Lt. Lee Elington.

Yesterday around 1800 hours I received a call about a tip about a cabin behind a CHURCH. There was not sign of any power lines to the woods, but two logging roads were found. 60 yards down the logging road to the left a blue jug was laying down by the line that caught my attention. When I looked back you could see one of the children's head on the ground. They began giving commands and the girls picked their heads up. Mr. Hayes (Mayes) raised to his knees, never brandished the gun to any of us or the children. At that time he took his life.

We were fortunate enough to locate the suspect and these two girls unharmed. A lot of prayers were answered when we found these two young ladies to be safe. Unfortunately the suspect took his life, but at the end of the day two young ladies returned to their father safely, as did the officers.

This is an ongoing investigation, facts are still coming in.

What were the girls doing when the officers showed up? All three were laying down trying to take cover. They were within inches to AM.
We had a couple of investigations going on, one in TN and one here. We were focused on finding the girls so the motive wasn't the focus for us.

Was it tips that kept you all in that area? Certainly, as I said during my comments, one of the most important components in this was the public providing info. When he went onto the FBI most wanted list, that increased the calls. But remained in that area, because we believed that was a pretty good possibility he remained there. The pressure being applied was critical to the ending.

News got out quickly, the amber alert system worked from the very beginning. This would not have happened without the cooperation of the public and the cooperative effort of the LE agencies together.

Will someone get the award? That will be yet to be determined. If it is determined that a individual is responsible for leading officers to this location, that would be a very good possibility.

What will it mean for the Bain family not to have Mayes fully brought to justice? Can't explain how they'd feel.

Won't respond to questions about individuals arrested.

What was the reaction of the children? Alarmed, but they didn't cry. I would think maybe relieved when the incident was over. They'd been several days without food and water. They'd been three days without food and water, with poison ivy and insect bites. They were shaken and in distress.

How has this affected you emotionally? It will make you go home and love your kids.

Mayes didn't say anything before he shot himself.
Once they were spotted on the ground, he shot himself within 10 seconds. He got to his knees.

MHP and Fish and Wildlife were the two agencies.

There was no shelter there in the woods.
We certainly hope to provide the reward money to the tipster but there is a process to verify before so I'm not going into who that is.

There was urgency from the very beginning. We worked nonstop bringing in more resources. There was always a sense of urgency.

They didn't have food and water for three days. They have no idea if they brought food, had food stashed somewhere. I'm sure these children can shed some light on this when they get to a place they can speak and calm down.

Only found the 9mm pistol.

No comment on the mother and AB because of the ongoing investigation.
Were there homes in that area? There were deer camps in that area. This was a hunting area and there were lots of deer camps.
They are combing through all the evidence to see if anyone has assisted in this crime and if anyone did assist, this team will make an arrest.

INGRA!!!!! PERFECT! Pretty much word for word summation. Excellent!!!

THAT??!?? I just can't get over. FIVE arrests thus far (including momma and wife). WTH?

I think Mayes ran with a scummy crowd. People probably gave him assistance along the way at times, maybe until the heat got too high. Gross.

I am not sure what proof most women are going to need if their husband tells them he might be the father of two children. Of course he could have been lying but in most cases men would lie they are not the father than the other way around.

I dont know I think she was just trying to get the Bains and the kids out of ther lives.

I really think TM may have a very low IQ. Something just seems to be off, imo, even in her mugshot it is like she isnt all there and her family member says she has the mentality of a 2 year old.

She should have known it wasnt true. JoAnn's best friend said JA didnt even meet AM until 2009.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back