TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont know I think she was just trying to get the Bains and the kids out of ther lives.

I really think TM may have a very low IQ. Something just seems to be off, imo, even in her mugshot it is like she isnt all there and her family member says she has the mentality of a 2 year old.

She should have known it wasnt true. JoAnn's best friend said JA didnt even meet AM until 2009.

IMO

And other people have said different things.

I am not sure what proof most women are going to need if their husband tells them he might be the father of two children. Of course he could have been lying but in most cases men would lie they are not the father than the other way around.

Actually when my DH *sarcasm alert* said his girlfriend was pregnant, I insisted that he request a DNA test. And yes it was positive. 99.9999999 chance that he was the father.

Just because he thought he was the father, didn't make it so.

How? How do you stand by and watch someone strangle someone else? It isn't like a gun, bang and it is over. It takes at least a few minutes. Looong minutes in that situation. And she watched it not once, but twice. That part is what makes me wonder about her. And no matter what her feelings were about the mother, she still remained silent while the young daughter was strangled.

No crying out, no screaming, no running away. Nothing that would even wake the others in the household.
The affidavit states that she was present when Adam Mayes Killed Jo Ann Bains. She also stated that AM killed Andrienne Bains, but not that she witnessed that. So she may or may not have watched it twice. She may have stood frozen with disbelief that it was happening to Jo Ann, then ran out while AM killed AB, with no idea what to do since she didn't sign up for murder.

Or she might have killed JB herself and is blaming it on AM. I don't know, but I hope to find out some day.

It appears girls are not calm enough to talk a lot about what happened. Will talk to them when they are "calmed down".

They said they were also exhausted. I imagine they're doing a lot of sleeping too.

I would agree with you that someone would have to kill me before I would do anything like that. However an experience I had when I was a teenager gives me pause about how other people would react. I was with some friends and witnessed a man beating the living daylights out of another man. I was sure he was going to be killed. My friends ran and cowered behind a car. I grabbed the only weapon I had handy (a cast iron frying pan I had just purchased for my mother for her birthday) and swung out. I only caught the guy on the shoulder, but he grabbed his shoulder, turned and looked at me and must have seen something in my face. He ran. I have no idea if my friends would ever be able to NOT sit by and do nothing if something terrible were happening right before them.

Maybe I just have a few more life experiences than some people do, but I need all the information about a person before making a judgment. We are not all cut from the same courage cloth. I, personally, cannot fault someone for not stopping someone else if they fear for their own life.

I agree entirely. We all sat on Sam K's forum and many people wondered why she went with IK. And many people criticized her decision or projected their own way they would have handled it (until she was found). The reality is, even with all the planning in the world about how we would handle something, when the event occurs, the variables are so not like our plan, the terror strikes and we often just try to survive. I can't judge the situation as I was not there and I was not enmeshed in the 10+ year history of dysfunction.

Sure, but would you be more likely to believe a best friend or the sister of TM who has not really talked with her sister for years, yet knows so much about the situation...Just sayin'....:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no evidence or even suggestion that GB "raped or molested" his children. None at all. A 50 year old marrying a 20 year old may offend your sensibilities, but it does not equate to the guy being a child molester. Authorities can't just take someone's kids away from them and send them to live with a social worker because they have a hinky feeling about them.

I am not picking on you just jumping off your post. The truth is we really don't know that. Child welfare can and does take people's children - sometimes it is justified and sometimes it is not. They are the only agency I know of that evaluates these things. They should be involved and evaluate the family.

The girls were sent home too soon for a proper evaluation.

News conference was cut off! I want to know if the two young girls witnessed the deaths of their mother and sister.. for me this could change eeverything as far as the perception these girls were under these last two weeks.. if they witnessed it IMO the trauma would be all the more worse for these two girls.. if they didn't then IMO dependant upon other factors I believe it could have been hidden from them for a good portion of the time what was actually going on.. did anyone see where this question was asked or answered.. TiA.

As of this morning, according to biological father of two oldest girls, the girls had not yet been told about their sister and mother. So no, they didn't witness their murder

Sure, but would you be more likely to believe a best friend or the sister of TM who has not really talked with her sister for years, yet knows so much about the situation...Just sayin'....:rolleyes:
TM's sister wasn't the only one. I believe JB's cousin was quoted in regards to a possible dating relationship as well.

News conference was cut off! I want to know if the two young girls witnessed the deaths of their mother and sister.. for me this could change eeverything as far as the perception these girls were under these last two weeks.. if they witnessed it IMO the trauma would be all the more worse for these two girls.. if they didn't then IMO dependant upon other factors I believe it could have been hidden from them for a good portion of the time what was actually going on.. did anyone see where this question was asked or answered.. TiA.

Few pages back. MJ stated on his FB apparently that girls did not know yet that her mother and sister were dead. Although very sad, I'm glad the girls have been found so they can go to the funeral for some kind of closure. I think if they had not been found in time for them to attend, it would cause more psychological problems down the road to recovery.

Yep, I dont think I would trust anything any of the Mayes' have ever said. But the point about the affair is key. I bet he told her had an affair with JoAnn. It is obvious since he was claiming at least one of the girls was his. I think its almost certain that affair never happened and JoAnn would have immediately said so. That may be why he killed her that night.

Joann's own cousin stated they did have relationship at one time.

I believe it was quoted earlier in this thread that the girls did not know that their mother and sister were dead.

Thanks ingra!! You always do an awesome job on the transcripts and within the speed of light youve got it posted.. THANKS SO VERY MUCH!! :blowkiss:

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

I am not picking on you just jumping off your post. The truth is we really don't know that. Child welfare can and does take people's children - sometimes it is justified and sometimes it is not. They are the only agency I know of that evaluates these things. They should be involved and evaluate the family.

The girls were sent home too soon for a proper evaluation.

Since there is no allegation that GB ever did anything to the girls there is no cause for any agency to conduct such an investigation. They have no authority to keep the children from going home to their father. Now, I'm sure they will follow up to make sure the kids are ok and the police obviously will interview them more, but that is all.

From a legal standpoint the girls must be released back to GB's custody. If there was some inclination that GB was not fit, then the county or state could take steps for alternate custody. But since that has not happened, and with all the investigation that has gone on here (including intense investigation of GB) and the fact that law enforcement was never concerned with GB, it would seem abundantly clear that he is fine.

Thank you. This does give me some comfort as I truly believe LE was deeply invested in this case and want no further harm to these girls.

I actually think too many cases are dismissed when they shouldn't be. Look at Josh Powell and the boys. They take too many things at face value and don't thoroughly investigate, whether it's work overload or standard procedure. They place people into the same mold and there's too many wacko people out there that don't fit that mold. Obviously AM was overlooked or just thought of as it's just his way or personality. I hope it's a wake up call for people reading that question a friend, relative, even coach or teacher that has too much interest into your child.

There are also many cases where people are wrongly accused, prosecuted and later exonerated. We focus on the really bad cases and could have, should haves...but...what we need to understand is for every extreme, horrible case out there, there are people like us who highly value the rights to a fair trial, laws, to privacy, etc we have in this country. And many of us don't live in fear everyday that big brother is watching and will have us hanged...There is always a trade off.

Were they from JoAnn or Gary's family?

I know her best friend said she came out because she had seen so much incorrect information being said about JoAnn and AM.

IMO

TM's sister wasn't the only one. I believe JB's cousin was quoted in regards to a possible dating relationship as well.
I'm not picking on anybody here, again just sayin', my cousins haven't the foggiest idea what I do and who I am with. They barely know where I live and I don't know where half of them live. My best friend, on the other hand, knows everything about me and still likes me, anyway.

BTW, my siblings don't actually have a clue about my life, either. We just weren't a close family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back