TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A member posted a Facebook comment that indicated that info. However, when I checked for the comment on the FB page it was not there.

I posted the comment. However, it was not on his page. He left a comment on a friend's page. I could post a screenshot with other peoples' names blacked out, but I'm not sure if it's allowed on here? (I'm a newbie here.)

I know we can't link to Facebook, but it will help if we mention where we are reading stuff so we don't start searching for MSM links. TIA

ETA: Checking to see if we can actually link to Facebook as I am confused myself!

On WMCtv, they said that medical prescriptions were found close to the site the girls were rescued but didn't elaborate. They also showed a bag of some first aid bandages.

... If she was psychotic at the time of the murders, how did she drive the car? And use facebook while AM was on the run?
Somethings are missing here. Very big "things".
jmo
I would have to wonder how someone who could drive a car with 2 deceased people and 2 kidnapped children 80 some miles, continue to use facebook as if nothing had happened, think they could get away with everything that had happened and no one would catch them, could NOT be psychotic.

And, as an aside, having psychosis or having a psychotic break is not synonymous with "unable to operate a motor vehicle".

http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/update1006c.shtml
"Hallucinations and delusions are the most vivid and conspicuous symptoms of schizophrenia. Many people regard imaginary voices in the head and bizarre ideas with no basis in reality as the essence of mental illness. An eruption of these psychotic symptoms — a psychotic break — is often what brings a person with schizophrenia to treatment for the first time. But the psychotic or “positive” symptoms are not necessarily the most important or characteristic ones."

"These “negative” symptoms are so called because they are an absence as much as a presence: inexpressive faces, monotone and monosyllabic speech, few gestures, seeming lack of interest in other people, inability to feel pleasure or act spontaneously. Positive symptoms make treatment seem more urgent, and they can often be effectively treated with antipsychotic drugs. But negative symptoms are the main reason patients with schizophrenia cannot live independently and manage everyday social situations. "

BBM

Not saying TM HAS any kind of psychosis, but just because she can drive a car doesn't mean she doesn't have a psychosis. It just means she passed the test or drives without a license.

I posted the comment. However, it was not on his page. He left a comment on a friend's page. I could post a screenshot with other peoples' names blacked out, but I'm not sure if it's allowed on here? (I'm a newbie here.)

We can't take screenshots of comments from Facebook or any other social media website or cut and paste comments from Facebook, etc.

I wonder if that had to be done before GB could legally adopt them...
I dont know about their situation. My niece who just divorced her ex. He was refusing to pay child support so he tried to claim the children were not his. They did dna and it showed they were his.Now he wants to sign over his rights because he thinks that will keep him out of jail.Like I said though dont know what the situation is with mj,jb and gb.

I wonder if that had to be done before GB could legally adopt them...
Or there could have been a child support or paternity issue (who knows?) that for whatever reason ended up with MJ giving up his parental rights. Not saying that happened, just that it could have, IMO, with what we know.

An aside: Just becuz someone legally gives up their parental rights doesn't mean they stop caring (which seems obvious by reading MJ's FB).

I don't find it believable at all that at this point in time, the girls have not been told of the deaths of their mom and sister. In fact I think it would be mentally unhealthy to keep it from them. If they were much younger, then yes. But those decisions are for professionals to make, along w/their dad.
I've read many of JB's posts and she seemed quite articulate and happy. The girls were obviously very much loved by her.
Now the 2 youngest girls will have to remember seeing AM's suicide. The video of his blood on the leaves has been on the news already. And they were both inches away from that. What a horrible tragedy all around.
Whiteville is not far from where I live. I go several times a year to the Mennonite market there. This kind of thing is like an incredible storm for this entire region.
Along with my obvious concern for the girls and their situation, my mind is drawn into what made AM tick. I watched the long interview with his landlord/good friend. That man seemed like a very nice guy. And he never could've imagined this happening.
I do get the feeling that since AM's had a serious heart condition, he possibly saw this as his once and final chance to have these girls all to himself. What a pathetic thing. Doesn't seem they were physically abused or they wouldn't be back at home already.
jmo

I know we can't link to Facebook, but it will help if we mention where we are reading stuff so we don't start searching for MSM links. TIA

I'm sorry Patty. There has been so much info coming so fast I sometimes forget where I saw it. No excuses.I'll do better.

If it was reliable to go by resemblances, the courts (for custody and child support) wouldn't require DNA tests to settle disputes about parentage. Just sayin'. :)

Right, but I would say that third hand hearsay originating from a murderer and kidnapper of two little girls is even less reliable than appearances.

Sending them with females doesn't necessarily make them safe either. Don't forget there are people out there like Teresa and Mary Mayes.
I for one, do not believe that just because Gary may have trusted Adam Mayes, that he is pervert. I really don't care how much of an age difference there was between he and his wife, either. They're both consenting adults.

Ever read about Sandra Cantu??

I trust all the agencies are working for the best interests of these children!

I'm sorry but I'm just catching up and now have to leave again for a bit. It may take days for me to fully catch up but this bashing on the dad, GB, is going to be very hurtful for those daughters to read some day, if he's indeed innocent of what some are accusing him of. :(

MOO

Sandra Cantu's perverted murderer is an incredible aberration and exception to the rule. Yes, it happens occasionally, but historically and statistically, female child molesters are incredibly, incredibly, rare, unless you include women who seduce teen boys.

I'm confused! I thought I have seen mods repeat that we can, when someone is in MSM, but we can't cut and paste text or photos or what have you.

I dont know about their situation. My niece who just divorced her ex. He was refusing to pay child support so he tried to claim the children were not his. They did dna and it showed they were his.Now he wants to sign over his rights because he thinks that will keep him out of jail.Like I said though dont know what the situation is with mj,jb and gb.
I don't know either, but I'm confident that some people give up their parental rights becuz they see that the other parent (or adoptive couple, etc.) can provide a better or more stable life for their child(ren). JMO.

I'm sorry Patty. There has been so much info coming so fast I sometimes forget where I saw it. No excuses.I'll do better.

No problem. It just helps to know because when I read something and didn't read it in MSM, I start searching for info so I can "stick it in what is left of my brain cells." :)

I don't think GB was a pervert, or even that he knew AM was molesting his children (maybe AM never even did). I only fault GB for not being more protective of his daughters, particularly after the CPS investigation. I have a feeling he faults himself for that, too. And maybe his daughters will actually feel validated reading that... "it's not my fault, my parents really should have protected me." The truth can be healing, especially truth spoken in love.

If others are assuming GB is a pervert, maybe because of the age difference between him and JB, that I guess is a matter of opinion. I do think a 19yo with a 48yo is a little shaky. A little like a FULLY grown man taking advantage of a teenager. My own grandpa met my grandma when he was 20 and she was 10. He says he waited for her to grow up and when she was 20 and he was 30, they dated and got married. They were married for over 60 years... and I still can't decide if grandpa's story is creepy or cute!

I know a lot of people are bothered by the age difference, but I don't think it is a big deal. Remember, JB and GB were married for 11 yrs, meaning she was about 20 when they got married. BUT she also already had 2 children, so it was not like she was some innocent high school girl that he seduced or something. JB had children at a very young age, she may very well have been a lot more mature than many 20 yr olds when she began having a relationship with GB. She may have been attracted to an older man as he would provide stability. I am just not "creeped out" by it like some seem to be. Appears like they had a good marriage from what little we know.

We can't take screenshots of comments from Facebook or any other social media website or cut and paste comments from Facebook, etc.

Thanks Patty and I apologize. Can we paraphrase FB posts or are they completely off-limits?

Family friend: They trusted Adam Mayes

Snipped

“The kids adored him,” [Rick] Foster said. “They called him uncle. Gary took him in, almost as a son.”

Rick’s wife, Brenda Foster, who knew Jo Ann Bain for 26 years, told HLN she often saw Mayes at the girls’ softball games and practices.

“[Jo Ann] never said a bad word about him,” Foster said on Nancy Grace. “They looked at him as a family member…He was kind of like a son to them.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/05/11/family-friends-mayes-son-bains

Right, but I would say that third hand hearsay originating from a murderer and kidnapper of two little girls is even less reliable than appearances.

Sandra Cantu's perverted murderer is an incredible aberration and exception to the rule. Yes, it happens occasionally, but historically and statistically, female child molesters are incredibly, incredibly, rare, unless you include women who seduce teen boys.

I'm confused! I thought I have seen mods repeat that we can, when someone is in MSM, but we can't cut and paste text or photos or what have you.

I know about the comments not being allowed and the photos etc., etc. I have not seen any of the family FB pages linked here, but maybe they have and I missed it.

At times, things will change on a case, by case basis. So not sure now what is actually happening with regards to yes to links to family pages etc.

I know when I asked the other day about a FB page, things came through to me privately, and I figured at that point, no family FB.

I'll alert on me and see what happens.

WMC out of Memphis just reported that GB has a prepared statement to read to the media but is awaiting FBI's permission to do so.

I will be glad to watch this intently.
IMO GB will need to do many things in my opinion to prove to the girls and their community that they will be safe, loved and his first priority!

I cant stand low-life scumbags... and you certainly dont raise your kids around them in any way or fashion.
I still do not understand how Mayes maintained a relationship with these folks and the girls.
JMO

Psychosis doesn't make a person unable to drive a car. Very true.
My experience with people who are experiencing true psychotic breaks varies. Some are on the move constantly. Others become withdrawn.
How could anyone who wasn't psychotic drive a car with 2 dead bodies in the trunk? Unfortunately, it happens in many cases. We will never understand how anyone could do such things and be legally sane but they do.
I have a whole lot of sympathy for TM's mom, but she hadn't had contact with her in a pretty long time. Any mom would be extremely upset in the same situation. I will always remember the interview Dahmer's dad gave. Hindsite is 20/20.
With the report made in Jackson TN concerning abuse and child *advertiser censored*, all indications are that no *advertiser censored* was found. Good friends of mine work at the Carl Perkins' center where the girl was interviewed. Sure many times (if not most times) molested children will not tell the truth when they are asked. And there are many reasons for that.
It's possible that AM's obsession with the girls wasn't sexual in nature. We cannot get into the mind of a dead man. It's also at least a 50/50 chance that the allegations were made out of anger and jealousy.
What AM did to the Bain family can not be excused in any way. But I just have to say that I'm not one who is "happy" that he killed himself when he could have surrendered and spared the girls that awful thought picture. Although he may have just lied if questioned (like he did before) about why he did this, maybe eventually more answers would have come from him.
It's just my opinion that answers as to why and how these murders occur is very important in preventing them.
[not posting to cause conflict, just my own opinion]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back