TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, his name is Marty Lamb:

"(Dyersburg, TN 11/2/2011) Marty Lamb was driving to work around 5:30 AM Sunday when he found Karen Swift's car with a flat tire on Millsville Road in Dyersburg. He says he didn't call police because he didn't think anything of it.

"I noticed it was her vehicle so I pulled in behind it and shined my lights, and I could see that she wasn't in her vehicle," said Lamb."

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-dyersburg-mom-missing,0,7442521.story

whew!

One of Swift's friends, who declined to give her name, said Hogshooter and Swift "may have had words" before she disappeared. Authorities have not said whether they suspect there is any connection between Swift's disappearance and Hogshooter, who is reportedly being held without bond at the Dyer County Jail.
Swift filed for divorce from her husband in early October, according to friends. She was still living with him at the time of her disappearance.
Authorities over the weekend scoured parts of Dyer County by land, air and over water, according to the newspaper.
Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box told the State Gazette that investigators discovered possible evidence in an overgrown area, but declined to elaborate on what was found.
"We are searching for anything of interest," Box told the newspaper. "And we are still inspecting other potential evidence, which we have recovered."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/0...e-mother-say-suspect-foul-play/#ixzz1d2gMrA7t

-------------

I'm not convinced yet that Hogshooter is the main POI, but for him to be held without bond on an animal cruelty charge is a little strange. I could see the bond being set perhaps higher than he could afford if he was thought to be a flight risk, but for no bond to be set at all kind of makes me think LE thinks they have their man and they don't want him to be out roaming the streets or running away.

IIRC the poison was said to be in a bowl on his own property or a property at which he was staying. I don't recall reading that Hogshooter went to the property of the animal owners who's dogs were poisoned and intentionally fed the poison to the dogs. His defense will be that he set out poison to kill vermin such as rats, mice, racoons, possum or wild hogs (I just has to throw that one in there LOL) and that the dogs came on his property and ingested the poison themselves and he had no control over the incident or had any intention of poisoning them.

JMO

Swift's husband, David Swift, reported the incident to sheriff's deputies on Oct. 7. In the report, David Swift stated he observed his dog travel to 310 Harness Road, where Hogshooter had been staying, and it fell ill shortly afterward. Karen Swift was reported to have gone to the dwelling to speak to Hogshooter, but he was not there and she saw a blue rocky substance in a pan. The dog was taken to an animal clinic and was given medication to counteract the alleged poison, then was released after overnight observation.

http://stategazette.com/story/1781533.html

-------------

"And we are still inspecting other potential evidence, which we have recovered."

I am hopeful that they have good information and leads! I just hate it when we do not get press conferences telling us something - anything - about the investigation. I want to be hopeful, but I am just not feeling it right now... Where are you Karen?!

-------------

Yep. It was Karen who apparently went over to speak with Mr Hogshooter about the poisoning...not the hubby. He just reported the incident to LE.

Just my :twocents:. No way in hades should this man be leaving out poison for animals; but neither should the pet owners let their pets run loose either. Since Mr H was afraid to confront the pets' owners and tell them to curb their animals...or call the authorities....he would "take care" of the situation himself. Where and what was this Mr. H doing in the early hours of Oct 30th?

I feel sorry for Mr Lamb who has to be cleared also. Sounds like he was just being a concerned citizen who pulled up behind a missing woman's vehicle minutes after her cell searched the net!

Yep. It was Karen who apparently went over to speak with Mr Hogshooter about the poisoning...not the hubby. He just reported the incident to LE.

Just my :twocents:. No way in hades should this man be leaving out poison for animals; but neither should the pet owners let their pets run loose either. Since Mr H was afraid to confront the pets' owners and tell them to curb their animals...or call the authorities....he would "take care" of the situation himself. Where and what was this Mr. H doing in the early hours of Oct 30th?

I feel sorry for Mr Lamb who has to be cleared also. Sounds like he was just being a concerned citizen who pulled up behind a missing woman's vehicle minutes after her cell searched the net!

Finding her car with a flat tire, and not finding Karen in the car, he probably just assumed that since the car was so close to home, she walked home.

Friends and family plead for missing Tennessee mother's safe return
article-2058839-0EB5D33D00000578-16_468x312.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nessee-mothers-safe-return.html#ixzz1d7aG8XBu

The search for a missing Dyer County woman is intensifying.

Investigators searched a neighbor's home. Karen Swift vanished a week ago. This past weekend deputies arrested her neighbor, John Hogshooter.

Box says every day they search and they add something new to the investigation, coming closer to getting to the bottom of the case.

“I can't say exactly how close, but I feel confident that we will know what happened,” Box says.
http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...ng-Dyer-Co-Womans/LAQ7j0WHxEatFstxTqSQCw.cspx

Although Box is not ready to share with the public as to what type of evidence they have collected so far in the case, he said it is important in determining what happened to Swift.

"We highly suspect that much of the evidence we recovered will be connected to this case through forensic processing," said Box. "We are definitely getting closer by the potential of some of this evidence providing us with answers. I think it is crucial we maintain control in what we have recovered and we should release that information only when it is to the investigation's benefit.

much more at link

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1782081.html

“I can't say exactly how close, but I feel confident that we will know what happened,” Box says.

BBM

I do not like the sounds of this. :( It really sounds like they know what happened, but they just cannot find her body. I know I am reading into that statement.

I really, really hope that they know WHO cause WHAT to happen!!

Perhaps her body was burned to be dispose of. We know they are awaiting forensic testing (processing) to determine what happened. It could be they are really awaiting forensic testing to determine what they believe are burned remains to see if they are human and that of Karen.

JMO

Son Of Missing Dyersburg Woman Says His Dad Didn't Do It

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...ays-His-Dad-Didnt/SLEoasKTjEuSnW_IhDovzQ.cspx

Karen Swift's oldest son, 21-year-old Preston Swift, says his parents had their issues, but they loved each other very much. He can't imagine his father harming his mother. He also says it's not in his mother's character to simply disappear.

"We are very concerned and very worried. We want her to come safely,” says a tearful Swift. "My dad called me kind of concerned. Immediately, he called me back later and reported her missing."

Preston believes his dad had nothing to do with his mother's disappearance.

"I never saw any violence," he says. “They both cared about each other and they cared about us."
I hope he's right. And I hope she maybe just needed a break from things and will be found ok. I know, I'm always the wishful thinking one. Can't help it.

What would have she had with her, if she HAD decided to do a walkaway? Do we know?
Not that I believe she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member