TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

The only way I could see the running off theory is if perhaps she was being threatened by the ex for full custody of the girls. Maybe she wanted to get her life together and then fight him in court but even that theory is stretching it. I don't think she would abandon her children, imo

That would be a bad idea on her part because I doubt a Judge would rule in her favor. She abandons her kids, and then comes back and asks for full custody? I don't think so. JMOO

I am behind on this case. Are there any theories as to why her workout clothes would have been removed from the car and placed on the ground? TIA:)

We need some clarification on the items. Wasn't it a sweatshirt and jeans? Who works out in jeans?

OK, I just realized I'm the only one in this thread. Talking about "talking to yourself". LOL

OK, I just realized I'm the only one in this thread. Talking about "talking to yourself". LOL

It's slow here at times ... because the case is slow ... but you're not alone.

I think the clothes were jeans and a grey hoodie. I doubt they were workout clothes. I understood those were the clothes she was wearing other than her halloween costume, which was still in the car when it was found.

It's slow here at times ... because the case is slow ... but you're not alone.

I think the clothes were jeans and a grey hoodie. I doubt they were workout clothes. I understood those were the clothes she was wearing other than her halloween costume, which was still in the car when it was found.

That would seem to imply that she removed her clothing, folded them neatly, and left with another person.

I think this case and most cases like this are very simple. Person killed, body well-hidden. I don't hink there was a lot of twists and turns here. I always consider the principle of 'Occam's Razor'

"simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones."

:seeya:

I think if that were the case, he would have said that. Seems like he is trying to choose his words very carefully.

Maybe they are vegetarians and health nuts.

That would seem to imply that she removed her clothing, folded them neatly, and left with another person.

I think this case and most cases like this are very simple. Person killed, body well-hidden. I don't hink there was a lot of twists and turns here. I always consider the principle of 'Occam's Razor'

"simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones."

:seeya:

Exactly ... folded her clothes and neatly tucked them under a bush some distance from her vehicle, then drove away with nothing but her shoes and her cell phone. No stranger-abductor would do that with her clothes, and she wouldn't do that by herself. It leaves little doubt in my mind who is most likely responsble.

Thanks for the post upthread about house images on her facebook page. I wasn't able to find anything except the small garden that she had to the right of the front door. Were there more that I missed?

Otto, respectfully......that is a very nice video of KS..with all the information. but.............that has no identifying remarks as to where it came from (video). Our sheriff has released nothing (that I am aware of) that tells what she was wearing or anything else. Not trying to be picky here just trying to clarify.
I think I will just read from now on until some verified details are released.
Let's all continue to keep her and her family in our prayers.

Son Says Family Of Missing Mom “Desperate” For Help
November 15, 2011

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...f-missing-mom-“desperate”-for-help/?hpt=ng_t1

Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box denied reports that Karen’s clothing was found in a wooded area near her car. He confirmed to a Nancy Grace producer Tuesday that clothing has been found during the search, but he said it was nowhere near the vehicle or her house and it may not be connected to the case.

Have searchers gone through the woods with metal detectors? In other photos, Karen seemed to be wearing largish jewelry, both earrings and necklace. Even if she was wearing a different set that night, it seems like a style she had. Perhaps a metal detector could find something.

Otto, respectfully......that is a very nice video of KS..with all the information. but.............that has no identifying remarks as to where it came from (video). Our sheriff has released nothing (that I am aware of) that tells what she was wearing or anything else. Not trying to be picky here just trying to clarify.
I think I will just read from now on until some verified details are released.
Let's all continue to keep her and her family in our prayers.

True, it was the friends that said the clothes found under the bush belonged to Karen and it is the friends that would know what she was wearing that evening. It's possible that the friends know this to be true even though the information hasn't been released by investigators.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Karen-Swift-Missing-Mom-of-4/267691069942366

there is an update from 3 December from Sheriff B ^^ says they have received some lab results back and are doing more interviews and reinterviews.. says it is still an active investigation..

I think they know the who and the what imhoo.... but they need to find Karen...

But what if they don't find her? Just another victim, gone, with no resolution, no arrests? Into a black hole? One that must be getting bigger in TN all the time...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en