TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the vehicle and clothes were found close to home, and the phone could have pinged the one tower from home, I suspected that the body would be fairly close to home. It won't surprise me if this is Karen.

Here's another shot of the area. There's a dirt road near the intersection of Harness Rd and Burnt Mill Road. At this time, I'm assuming that the body that was found is Karen, and that someone drove her to that location, dumped her and then drove back to where the car was parked ... then the tire was flattened ... then whoever did this walked home. I think that the clothes and phone were an afterthought ... that it was pure luck that the phone on pinged one tower (no triangulation), but that it was located right next to her home when it was turned off. I think the clothes were stuffed under a bush (although they haven't officially been connected to Karen) because it wouldn't make sense that she left the house in her pyjamas - staging the crime.

bodyfound2swift.jpg

Goodness...it doesn't seem as though there should be another body within so few miles of the house (I mean other than Karen's), but of course it is possible...if she is deceased I hope this body is hers, so that there may still be evidence of what happened to her.

My belief is it is highly unlikely Karen left home on her own that morning, therefore, presuming she is deceased, I also am hopeful this body is hers. There may still be something to determine COD, or evidence left behind to identify her assailant.

MOO

I think it is highly, highly unlikely that the body found is someone other than Karen.

I believe that an arrest (of someone) is imminent, once a formal identification is made on Monday.

I think it is highly, highly unlikely that the body found is someone other than Karen.

I believe that an arrest (of someone) is imminent, once a formal identification is made on Monday.

I pray you are right, especially regarding an arrest.

:prayer:

Hi Nehemiah! Sad around here isn't it.:seeya:Good to see you here.

Considering the fact that no one else (that we know of) is missing in this town, it's my opinion that this Karen.

:sigh:

I suspect that today would be a good day to be observing her husband. He's either greatly relieved that she has been found and mournful, or he's really scared. The third option is that he's not at all concerned - meaning it's not Karen.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1793438/photo/1589195.html

Sheriff's deputies set up two roadblocks ...

[more at link]

This is interesting ... that the cause of death could be known by Monday. That suggests to me that the cause of death may be obvious by looking at the body. If there is too much decomposition, I doubt they would say that.

"Due to the state of decomposition to the body it will be sent to the medical examiner's office in Memphis. They will compare dental records that we have to Ms. Swift to determine if there is a positive identification."

According to Box, the medical examiner's office will most likely have identification results by Monday as well as a cause of death."

(same link as above)

It may give investigators enough to get a search warrant, which may lead to more evidence ... but I don't think there will be an arrest just yet.

This is interesting ... that the cause of death could be known by Monday. That suggests to me that the cause of death may be obvious by looking at the body. If there is too much decomposition, I doubt they would say that.

"Due to the state of decomposition to the body it will be sent to the medical examiner's office in Memphis. They will compare dental records that we have to Ms. Swift to determine if there is a positive identification."

According to Box, the medical examiner's office will most likely have identification results by Monday as well as a cause of death."

(same link as above)

Since they mention Karen, it sounds as though they have good reason to think this could be her body...I hope so. I don't think she is alive, and probably hasn't been since that morning she went missing.

Wondering if there's any chance someone told LE where to find her? (and i don't mean a psychic!)

From the last posted link:

Box would not confirm at what time the body was found or who made the discovery.

:waitasec:

(same link as above)
That speaks volumes. It definitely appears to be a homicide.......and Karen.

:cry:

MOO

Since they mention Karen, it sounds as though they have good reason to think this could be her body...I hope so. I don't think she is alive, and probably hasn't been since that morning she went missing.

Perhaps clothing, or something found with the remains?

MOO

Perhaps clothing, or something found with the remains?

MOO

Or if it has been cool enough overall, they may be able to guess by her hair and overall size, etc...hate to get too detailed. But since it has not been summer weather, visual clues may be more readily available.

Or if it has been cool enough overall, they may be able to guess by her hair and overall size, etc...hate to get too detailed. But since it has not been summer weather, visual clues may be more readily available.

Agree, and my belief of the initial report of "early stages of decomposition" could be correct, however, dental records are being used for a positive identification. If there weren't a good probability it is Karen, the comparison wouldn't be called for, imo.

MOO

(same link as above)

It's being reported that they won't even say what gender - yet I don't believe they would compare Karen's dental records to a male body. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member