TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they mention Karen, it sounds as though they have good reason to think this could be her body...I hope so. I don't think she is alive, and probably hasn't been since that morning she went missing.

I suspect police and perhaps the family know who it is, but they aren't making an official identification until Monday. The fact that it is all so close to Karen's home, and not along the highway (a stranger abduction would have driven away on Millsfield highway, not taken a left along the road to Karen's house), suggests to me that the murder occurred very close to home - perhaps in the home.

Thankful to report that Sheriff Box called my mom today about her communication with Karen in the last month before she disappeared. He put her on speaker with the other lead investigator and asked her questions. They are planning to meet my mom Monday to discuss more.

This is not really anything new, but it shows me the investigation is not stopping. I have my own gut feelings in this, as does my mom, but we are not at liberty to point fingers or judge. My dad was Karen's pastor for years and she lived with us as well. All I know is she didn't leave willingly. I just want to see her again. And answers. :(

If this is Karen who has been found, I hope LE is able to determine how she died and an arrest is made quickly...this must be a dreadful time for you and all of Karen's friends and family...

I suspect police and perhaps the family know who it is, but they aren't making an official identification until Monday. The fact that it is all so close to Karen's home, and not along the highway (a stranger abduction would have driven away on Millsfield highway, not taken a left along the road to Karen's house), suggests to me that the murder occurred very close to home - perhaps in the home.

I agree. I also think they're giving enough time for those four children to let this sink in, before it hits MSM.

This map shows how hilly it is in the area.

swiftpossiblelocation.jpg

It's being reported that they won't even say what gender - yet I don't believe they would compare Karen's dental records to a male body. :(

Good point ... I think we can assume a female body was found and that it didn't appear to be an accidental or natural death.

This article interviews a local who said he/she "heard Karen Swift was found at the graveyard up here on Bledsoe." I realize it's all heresay until something is confirmed by LE.

Also, the article references that Karen's tires were "split" - I assume that means slit. I hadn't heard it formally reported that the tires were tampered with at all.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/16297845/body-found-off-of-highway-79

If she was left at the graveyard, to me, that shows remorse, a sense of shame at her death - just as family or friend perpetrators tend to cover the face of their victim in death. If she'd been abducted by some stranger, she would have been dumped by some highway in another state, IMO.

CPS really needs to remove those kids from the home as a precaution.

If this is Karen...and now that Gail was found...maybe some of the people claiming a serial is stalking blonds in the middle of the country will be also put to rest, JMO.

If she was left at the graveyard, to me, that shows remorse, a sense of shame at her death - just as family or friend perpetrators tend to cover the face of their victim in death. If she'd been abducted by some stranger, she would have been dumped by some highway in another state, IMO.

That, or he dug a shallow grave in the area and put her there, hoping no one would notice ... maybe it was a place where the smell of decomposition wouldn't be noticed as much?

If this is Karen...and now that Gail was found...maybe some of the people claiming a serial is stalking blonds in the middle of the country will be also put to rest, JMO.

I sure hope so ... talking heads come up with some really odd ideas at times, but suggesting that a serial killer is at work because a few missing women dye their hair blond is one of the strangest.

Agree. If it's Karen, I'm curious if she was buried at all, in a shallow grave. Perhaps the perp thought he might be able to put her somewhere where he could "visit" her. If so, it would be somebody who is close to her... "loves" her.

Was it in the direction of her car or in the opposite direction - does anyone know? Thanks

The body was found between the two roadblocks, most likely in the area of the cemetery. You can see the location of the roadblocks and house below. The distance from the house to the cemetery is about 3 miles:

roadblocksswift.jpg

I also just have to say.. I don't know what it was about Karen's case, but something immediately drew me in and grabbed my heart. The fact that she has 4 kids, the fact that she had just filed for divorce, the fact that she seems like such a beautiful and strong woman.. I have been so compelled by this case. Every day or two, I do a Google news search on her name to see if anything new has come up. My heart nearly sank this evening when I did my Google news search and read the news of the recovered body. I just can't imagine that this isn't her.

I have a good feeling that (if Karen), a LOT of details are going to spill out soon, and an arrest will be made within days.

Thanks for posting the map. I should have came here first, I was trying to figure out the distance and view on google maps and I wasn't to successful.

If it is Karen, I imagine that she will be dressed in pajamas. I don't know why I thought of that. Probably because the last thing we knew, is that she went to sleep with her daughter. I don't believe she changed clothes and left the house, and I don't think the killer changed her clothes to make it look like she had gone out for the evening.

I don't think it could be anyone else. No other names have been reported in this immediate area. The cemetary is a clue, as well.

Here's another map ... shows the roadblocks, house, route and cemetery (general area where body was most likely found)

swiftlocation.jpg

If it is Karen, I imagine that she will be dressed in pajamas. I don't know why I thought of that. Probably because the last thing we knew, is that she went to sleep with her daughter. I don't believe she changed clothes and left the house, and I don't think the killer changed her clothes to make it look like she had gone out for the evening.

I don't think it could be anyone else. No other names have been reported in this immediate area. The cemetary is a clue, as well.

If she is wearing pyjamas and the clothes that were found (grey hoodie, jeans) belong to her, then I think it's rather obvious she was murdered in her home and the clothes were taken out of the home to make it appear as though she got dressed and left. She may also be found not wearing anything. I think the husband is most likely responsible and that he made mistakes with staging the clothes.

I feel even worse about this case after reading the stuff about how hard she was working, cleaning houses, landscaping, teaching at the Y, taking lots of odd jobs.

It's not clear what kind of education she had, but it makes me sick to see a woman who did not have a good source of income that would have allowed her to leave a relationship that was clearly not working and even get an apartment for herself and her daughters.

A great, hard-working person and mom. Really thinking of her kids in this holiday season.

Revisiting the timelime, Karen returned home with her daughter(s) at 1:30 AM. Most likely, after settling the girls into bed (give that 20-30 minutes), she got up again. It's possible that her husband was up at this time as well.

That leaves from 2 - 5 AM to

- murder
- straighten up whatever was disturbed during the murder
- make sure the children were still sleeping
- move Karen to her car
- drive her to the location where she was found (possibly 3 miles away)
- move her from the car to a hidden area
- drive to where the car was found (1/4 mile from home)
- get rid of the clothes
- get rid of the phone
- slash the tire
- walk home through the trees

If she is wearing pyjamas and the clothes that were found (grey hoodie, jeans) belong to her, then I think it's rather obvious she was murdered in her home and the clothes were taken out of the home to make it appear as though she got dressed and left. She may also be found not wearing anything. I think the husband is most likely responsible and that he made mistakes with staging the clothes.

I agree. I think the original assumption with the clothes near her car were her workout clothes that she kept in her car. I just stopped in for a moment and I cannot believe what has happened today.

Wow! :thud:

I was drawn to Karen immediately as well. Her case reminds me of others that are near to my heart. Karen is close to my age. She wanted to have a better life. And, her kids - her poor kids! :cry:

I am sitting here crying; although, I had a very strong suspicion that she would not be found alive. I am just heartbroken, and we do not even have confirmation yet. I hope beyond hope that justice will be swift.

I am very relieved that she was found as quickly as she was. I too hope that there is still enough evidence to help in prosecution. I hate it when a missing person is not found until so much evidence is gone that the COD is hard to determine. It sounds from the articles that they will be able to make a determination quickly on COD for Karen.

I pray for her children and her family. May they feel the comfort that can only come from above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en