TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link from a Lexington, North Carolina, newspaper for December 1969. It may have information you don't already have:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...84619&dq=kathy+jones+nashville+homicide&hl=en

Thank you. That gives me several pieces of information that I did not have. Interesting that it ends saying Kathy was a 'shy girl' and 'not the type to talk to strange men'. Unfortunately, that means maybe only her friends would have really noticed her if she'd made it to the rollerdrome. This sounds like they don't think so... that they think she was stopped somewhere along the way and abducted.

There was a rape warning commercial in Nashville years ago where a man runs into a store and literally picks up a grown woman and runs off with her before anyone can more than blink. I wonder if that commercial was based off a true story because it is really weird.

Here's the map link again and an image of the walking route. I think it's possible to find what occupied some of the addresses along the way in 1969.

http://goo.gl/maps/m0QyR

Attachments

• kathy jones map 2.JPG
    kathy jones map 2.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 35
quick question before bed.

If she was caring her staking boots, and one of her socks was found in her throat and the other i imagine was on her foot.

Did they find her street shoes?

I have not read ever single thread so far, but wanted to ask this question now.........Thanks in advance for nay answer.

Was her shoes left with her clothing?

Here's the map link again and an image of the walking route. I think it's possible to find what occupied some of the addresses along the way in 1969.

I dont think kathy took that routed as shown. I think she took a detour to get off the main road there.......what is called grandview ave now, not sure then. alot of the buildings may have changed , the roads shortcuts etc around there may still be there.......They said she was seen on thompson road, with her skates. That would put her near the skating ring, though no one knows for sure if she went staking.......I would beat if she did someon at the time would have remembered seeing her skating inside tghe ring, building.......I dont think she made it inside to be seen, though just speculating...........

Having a photo from the air around that time of the neighborhood would be priceless.

I dont think kathy took that routed as shown. I think she took a detour to get off the main road there.......what is called grandview ave now, not sure then. alot of the buildings may have changed , the roads shortcuts etc around there may still be there.......They said she was seen on thompson road, with her skates. That would put her near the skating ring, though no one knows for sure if she went staking.......I would beat if she did someon at the time would have remembered seeing her skating inside tghe ring, building.......I dont think she made it inside to be seen, though just speculating...........

Having a photo from the air around that time of the neighborhood would be priceless.
I don't think she would have taken the walking route, either. IMO, the first route was the most likely, meaning straight down Nolensville to Thompson. Cutting down Central to Grandview would've brought her through isolated commercial/industrial properties between the railroad tracks and the main highway. We don't have to know which businesses occupied the locations to get a sense of what it was like back then, not a friendly route for a 12-year-old girl walking alone. And there really are no shortcuts, either, as it's a straight shot from Lutie to Thompson no matter which way you go.

one last comment........I don't think they seen her on Thompson road, no one said they talk to her, they just said they seen a girl with white boots walking. Being near a skating ring, it would not be something out of the normal of seeing a girl walking with skate boots. I believe they seen someone, I don't think it was Kathy they seen.........I think Kathy was taking on that street i mentioned above. She was shy and took a detour to get off the main road there where traffic would come by, she took the other road, the detour to avoid any cars coming towards her or being her...I think Kathy was not afraid to walk at night, but it made her nervous with on coming lights from vehicles she didn't know whom was driving. So she would avoid them when she could............That sighting on Thompson road as reported, may have had a negative impact on the investigation. When they should have been concentrating on the other road there. grand view ave as its called now, not sure about back then.

Thank you for this map. I think she probably took something in between the walking route and the driving route. She knew people who may not have minded her cutting across their yards.

quick question before bed.

If she was caring her staking boots, and one of her socks was found in her throat and the other i imagine was on her foot.

Did they find her street shoes?

I have not read ever single thread so far, but wanted to ask this question now.........Thanks in advance for nay answer.

Was her shoes left with her clothing?

That is a good question. I will ask the police because I've never heard anything about the shoes she was wearing in the media. My family said saddle oxfords, I think. But whether they were with her, I've never heard.

It is my goal to find an older map. At least one prior to the construction of 440.

Your question about her shoes makes me wonder if she did make it to the rink , but never skated. She might have been in the process of changing, so she had her shoes off... then she was taken. Maybe her shoes are all she had time to put away. So she had all her other stuff when she was snatched away from us.

Maybe she was in an area where no one much was around because they just changed into their skates and took off skating. maybe the exact moment she was doing that she happened to be alone.

I don't think she would have taken the walking route, either. IMO, the first route was the most likely, meaning straight down Nolensville to Thompson. Cutting down Central to Grandview would've brought her through isolated commercial/industrial properties between the railroad tracks and the main highway. We don't have to know which businesses occupied the locations to get a sense of what it was like back then, not a friendly route for a 12-year-old girl walking alone. And there really are no shortcuts, either, as it's a straight shot from Lutie to Thompson no matter which way you go.

I agree, she wouldn't have gone off some place weird. It would've been a really unpleasant walk. I think the way she went was a route kids took that cut across yards sometimes. because it was a holiday weekend some of those people who'd normally notice her weren't home.

one last comment........I don't think they seen her on Thompson road, no one said they talk to her, they just said they seen a girl with white boots walking. Being near a skating ring, it would not be something out of the normal of seeing a girl walking with skate boots. I believe they seen someone, I don't think it was Kathy they seen.........I think Kathy was taking on that street i mentioned above. She was shy and took a detour to get off the main road there where traffic would come by, she took the other road, the detour to avoid any cars coming towards her or being her...I think Kathy was not afraid to walk at night, but it made her nervous with on coming lights from vehicles she didn't know whom was driving. So she would avoid them when she could............That sighting on Thompson road as reported, may have had a negative impact on the investigation. When they should have been concentrating on the other road there. grand view ave as its called now, not sure about back then.

it was grand view avenue then, too.

I never thought about it, but you're right... it well could have been another girl people saw. unless her coat was a distinctive color or something, they may have seen a different girl than Kathy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nashville1960.png

I don't know if this will be any use, but it is Nashville as it was before it became 'metro'. This map is from 1960. the metro thing happened in the early 60s. But, it sows the cities within Nashville before they all became just 'Nashville'

eta
it passed in 62 and went into effect in 63. an attempt to do it in 58 was voted down.

I found something interesting here. Just today someone posted on this Nashville FB about taking the Roller Drome bus every Saturday night to go skating. But, the poster says it was off of Harding Road, which doesn't make sense unless the street name changed over the years. I don't know if you've seen this page yet, December. It's pretty interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2226556916/permalink/10152297941871917/

I found something interesting here. Just today someone posted on this Nashville FB about taking the Roller Drome bus every Saturday night to go skating. But, the poster says it was off of Harding Road, which doesn't make sense unless the street name changed over the years. I don't know if you've seen this page yet, December. It's pretty interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2226556916/permalink/10152297941871917/

Thank you. I'll look. I'm not on FB, so I hadn't seen it.

They probably mean Harding Place not Harding Road. Harding Place is the next big intersection going out of town on Nolensville Road. Harding Road is in West Nashville, so yeah... that wouldn't make sense. Harding Place, however, would.

ETA

the next person mentions the hippodrome... that was the west Nashville rink. maybe they also had a bus? idk.

there was also a car dealership called hippodrome olds.

But the Hippodrome wouldn't have been near Harding Place or Road, right? I think the poster who mentioned the bus must have been talking about the Rollerdrome, which would confirm that the bus did run at night. Now the question is what were the pick-up points for that bus.

This restaurant would have been under construction or newly opened at the corner of 2823 Nolensville and Thompson.

http://historicnashville.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/miz-diz-catfish-shanty/

But the Hippodrome wouldn't have been near Harding Place or Road, right? I think the poster who mentioned the bus must have been talking about the Rollerdrome, which would confirm that the bus did run at night. Now the question is what were the pick-up points for that bus.

This restaurant would have been under construction or newly opened at the corner of 2823 Nolensville and Thompson.

http://historicnashville.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/miz-diz-catfish-shanty/

there are two streets named 'harding'. harding road in west Nashville and harding place in south Nashville. so, she either has the rink mixed up or the street name mixed up. iirc, the two Hardings have nothing to do with one another. Nashville has a few streets with similar or identical names in different parts of town that are totally unrelated to one another. if she lived on harding road, she went to hippodrome. if she lived on harding place, she went to rollerdrome.

the thing is, 95% of everyone enthused about skating Nashville is talking about hippodrome, not rollerdrome. this may be because a pedophile drove rollerdrome's bus...

but if she's talking about rollerdrome, that is interesting because it proves the bus picked up kids day and night.

good find of that restaurant, Bessie. thank you.

there are two streets named 'harding'. harding road in west Nashville and harding place in south Nashville. so, she either has the rink mixed up or the street name mixed up. iirc, the two Hardings have nothing to do with one another. Nashville has a few streets with similar or identical names in different parts of town that are totally unrelated to one another. if she lived on harding road, she went to hippodrome. if she lived on harding place, she went to rollerdrome.

the thing is, 95% of everyone enthused about skating Nashville is talking about hippodrome, not rollerdrome. this may be because a pedophile drove rollerdrome's bus...

but if she's talking about rollerdrome, that is interesting because it proves the bus picked up kids day and night.

good find of that restaurant, Bessie. thank you.
I realize Harding Pl and Harding Rd are different. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. My point was that neither are close to the Hippodrome or the Roller Drome. So I don't think she meant "Harding" at all. She did specifically state the Roller Drome, and if you zoom in on the map, the street which runs right behind it is Harlin. That could explain the mistake.

I found another FB page where a guy with initials RM mentions taking the RD (actually, roller "drum") bus every Saturday morning. Everyone seems to remember the RD bus, but I haven't come across any mention of a special Hippodrome bus.

https://www.facebook.com/thenashvilleiwishiknew/posts/542221469175466

I don't mean to be so persistent, and I wouldn't be if it weren't important. If there was a RD bus that ran at night, it means Kathy might have taken it, and the report that said she left home at 7:45 could be correct.

The bus probably made stops along Nolensville, and perhaps Thompson. I wish we knew the schedule. Did it circle back and forth all evening picking up and dropping off kids? By 7:45, maybe things slowed down. Kids who were going skating were already at the rink, and no one was going home yet. Maybe Kathy waited for the bus alone. Or the driver saw her walking alone with her skates, and stopped to offer her a ride.

Is there any way to find out what stopped the LE from pursuing Adcox after quite a while of doing so? With the use of the bus Adcox has the opportunity and ability to abduct Kathy without been seen as suspicious, he also confessed to two different people, the cell mate and the little boy.

Do you think maybe he gave the police a name and info of someone else who he thought or even he knew did it? Maybe this person had talked to Adcox, and after quite sometime Adcox gave him up but they know they can't charge this other person and use Adcox as a witness to a person's confession because any defense could claim Adcox was dropping someone else in it to protect himself, so Adcox would be classed as an unreliable witness and the LE have no proper evidence to support the guilt of the other person.

Adcox seems like the person who killed Kathy, so I wonder what got the police giving up on him as the main suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3