GUILTY TN - Lindsey Lowe charged in deaths of newborn twins, Hendersonville, 2011 *guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One more thought, in the community we were in single women, even as old as 40 really were not given place in the community and many were treated like children in their parents home. I am not saying this was the case here but it is that way in some communities. Still not an excuse for her actions

Oh, and the Southern Baptist thing? I am pretty sure the Lowe's are Methodist.

It will also be covered on Twitter by our local newspaper reporter Tena Lee.

@tenalee1

Watching the livestream now. Judge is giving instructions to the jury. I think this trial is supposed to last four days. I am local, this is taking place in my county and Lowe lives in my town. I will keep this updated in case anyone is interested.

Just showed a picture of a wrapper from a maternity pad. I think that shoots the defense's opening statement that she was totally dissociative and had no idea she was going to have a baby or that she was planning to go into labor. Most women don't keep those at home, they aren't something you keep around "just in case".

Detective who took her statements is on stand now. She told him they were alive when they were born.

Trial Day 3 is about to begin with the audio interview with LL Admitting she killed her babies.

Watching it on TV. She has admitted to knowing she was lactating. Her defense's opening arguments stated she did not know she was lactating and thought she had cancer? Guess that theory is shot, too. About to go into the birth.

Went into labor about 10 pm. Told detective about delivering baby 1 in toilet. Then told him about baby 2. He got up to "get her a tissue" and called to have the officers at the house look for a second baby. Then told him she delivered second baby and left both in toilet. At some point picked them both up with a towel and put them in the laundry basket. Said both were alive at birth. Mom checked on her after she delivered babies. Asked if she was ok, LL told her yes. LL took shower and cleaned the bathroom. Called in sick to work at 7 am the next morning.

This case makes me sad and I hope that justice prevails.

For a second though I want to respond to some of the comments. I have 2 children, my first at 19 and my second at 27. My first child was so easy going and even though I was young, being her mother was so easy. I have battled depression all of my life and even after my first pregnancy I was ok. However after my second child was born everything changed.

I ended up being diagnosed with post postpartum psychosis. I was in severe denial before my diagnosis and I had everyone believing that I was fine. But really I wasn't. My second child was colic and literally cried 24/7. He was a horrible sleeper, and was either crying or nursing. Now mind you I have always been a caring, considerate, patient, non violent mother. I had a 8 year old daughter and I had never screamed at her, or raised a hand to her.

Then I find myself holding a sweet, beautiful, innocent 6 week old baby (a baby that I prayed for, for years) and envisioning myself driving off of a cliff with him in the car with me. Thinking horrible horrible things I could do to get him to stop crying. One night I snapped and started to shake him. I thank God every single day that my husband walked in the house at that exact moment and stopped me. I thank God that I was unable to cause my son harm and that my husband witnessed how far gone I was mentally. Thankfully my husband is completely understanding and immediately got me help.

I was able to get appropriate treatment and can positively say since that night I have not once thought about causing harm. I am not an evil person, I am not a bad person, but I was very ill. I used to sit back and judge mothers who kill their babies. Honestly I never ever thought I would find myself understanding why this can happen. Since I found myself in the same position now I know. It really can happen to anyone.

My son is now 5 years old, and when I think back to his early weeks it makes me sad. I cry every single time I think about the horrible thoughts I had, and the things I wanted to do. I regret that I didn't get help sooner. I know now that it wasn't me, it was my illness controlling me. MOO

Oh and me telling my story doesn't mean that I have sympathy for LL. I don't fully know LL's story or why she did it. It just means that I'm not as quick to judge people before I know the whole story now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jillybean84
Back