Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong?

You're absolutely right. I travel with my own 15 year old daughter. Even when we travel domestically we bring her passport for ID. TSA still questions her to make sure she's really mine. Every time. JMO I don't think that there is any way that they flew somewhere on a commercial flight.

I just stayed in a hotel (a national chain) last night and they offered the option to pay in cash if you also gave them a $50 deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then they may be avoiding hotels and motels in order to save money and not be caught. It must be hard to get a good night's sleep when you are on the run.

Going along with Hatfield's post - we also know that ET is (somewhat) safe. For me, this is huge as I wasn't sure that he had not hurt her in the immediate time after they went missing. While I am sure she is never really safe with him, knowing she was alive on that day is promising.

I live on 1-40 and yes, there are many, many places to stop overnight and not have to use a credit card. If ET stayed in the car while TC went and secured the room, then no one would think twice about them being together. Or they could have assumed she was his child.

Stop and try to check in after dark and no one would make any notice of your car or license plate. In the area I live in there are not many local cops. There are some county LE but in relation to the distance in the county, the chances of getting seen are slim.

my heart breaks for ET. How lonely and isolated she must feel - not being able to talk with her friends and family. Whatever she dreamed about with TC before is probably out the window now. Now he is just an old dude, who has gross bodily functions.

JMO

Agree.
There is no doubt she will get tired of him and tired of being on the run and that may have happened already.

The scary thing is I do not think she will be able to hide her feelings from him and it scares me what he may do when he sees she is ready to give up or get away from him.

At that point things may change dramatically in the situation. He could begin to hold her against her will or begin to physically harm her as a control mechanism. I would not even put it past him to lock her or chain her to wherever they are staying.

I really hope she can find a way to leave him on her own before things get to that point.

I wonder if TC purposely went to Walmart knowing that they have a certain amount of surveilance as another way to show the authorities that he cannot be told what to do. We know he did this with the school after they told him to stay away from ET. A narcissist will not stand for people telling them what to do. It flies in the face of everything they live for - control and power. The fact that not only does he make a minimal attempt to disguise (the hair color), but ET is wearing his shirt and that shirt has been in many photos. That right there is IMO is a direct message to LE and ET's family and the public, that he has made her his property and he is in control of this situation. In his distorted, juvenile mind, he may have thought that if he could show that ET was with him willingly (meaning he shows her freely following him in a Walmart) that would make people think they were any ordinary couple and the aspect of ET being in serious danger would be decreased or impeded. Narcissists are extremely cunning and they study people. They know how to present themselves in a way that puts people off guard or sways their thinking. TC may think that to the public he can show them looking like (in his diseased reality) that nobody needs to worry, because everybody can relate to a couple shopping like normal in Walmart. There are already too many people that want to believe ET went willingly and is in no danger so this reinforces that belief. To LE, he is IMO sending them a taunt, just like he did with the school because the narcissist in TC wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to show that he is superior and is operating right under their noses. Hopefully soon he will screw up. They always do because their ego has no bounds. IMO LE has a lot more info but for safety and strategic reasons cannot release it. I'm all in favor of that if that is the case.

<modsnip> He's simply running away with a young girl whom isn't capable of entering into such a decision with a man of his age. He isn't a criminal mastermind. If he had his way, the police would never, ever, have any clue where they are/were/will be. He's not worried about messages. He's worried about living out his fantasies uninhibited with a child.

That is his one and one and only concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there is any way to accurately analyze the situation by looking at a few still shots of them. There are plenty of times I am in a store with my husband and I end up a few paces behind him or have a scowl on my face. None of that means I'm miserable, it's just a split second in the trip. ET is clearly a victim here, but saying because she's a few steps behind him that she's subservient is ridiculously reading into a half second of time.

Basically, we have NO idea how she is reacting to the whole thing. She could still be having the time of her life for all we know. None of that means it's not a crime or that she doesn't need to be found and returned to her family though. Just means it'll be harder to find her if she doesn't want to be found.

Going along with Hatfield's post - we also know that ET is (somewhat) safe. For me, this is huge as I wasn't sure that he had not hurt her in the immediate time after they went missing. While I am sure she is never really safe with him, knowing she was alive on that day is promising.
That video is two weeks old.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

She is really big into make up however she has always dressed like that. She doesn't "dress feminine" or "sluty" or "like she wants attention" that isn't who she is.

Could this be her potential wedding dress? She appears to have been shopping in a thrift or vintage store. If you zoom in you can see a price tag on the coat hanging in the background and also a price tag on the left of the purple dress hanging next to her on the mannequin. This pic on her IG possibly photo for approval from a certain TC? Her IG status changed to wife day before missing.

5f563a2a530bd354e1a602559fb18c6a.jpg

More O/T (sorry, it's just that interesting):

There is even a saltwater sea near Slab City, called Salton Sea. I didn't even know it was possible for there to be a saltwater sea in the middle of the desert. :desert:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_Sea

http://lostamerica.com/photo-items/the-salton-sea/

(Okay, end of my off topic chatter.)

It's south of Coachella heading towards the Mexican border - Mexicali which is in Baja California on the Sea of Cortez side. The landscape reminds me of what I think the moon would look like.

It's certainly a far different picture than those on his instragram.

I keep thinking the need for social media will maybe eventually give their location away..

IMO

Could this be her potential wedding dress? She appears to have been shopping in a thrift or vintage store. If you zoom in you can see a price tag on the coat hanging in the background and also a price tag on the left of the purple dress hanging next to her on the mannequin. This pic on her IG possibly photo for approval from a certain TC? Her IG status changed to wife day before missing.

I wondered about that, too. JMO

Things could change in their situation as she tires of him and tires of being on the run. But they could also be the same too. Nobody knows. She is a strong willed person and things could still be very similar. Nobody knows if the dynamic has changed yet.

What bothers me is why did LE wait so long to release that to the public.

I can only guess that certain LE agencies hang onto old strategies that are not necessarily good strategies in this day and age with social media and instant news.

Our beloved passed WS poster Foxfire was always a big advocate that LE should use the public more and drop some of the old antiquated strategies.

If they would have released that video as soon as they knew it was him then maybe we could have had him locked up by now.
JMO of course

JMO

Agree.
There is no doubt she will get tired of him and tired of being on the run and that may have happened already.

The scary thing is I do not think she will be able to hide her feelings from him and it scares me what he may do when he sees she is ready to give up or get away from him.

At that point things may change dramatically in the situation. He could begin to hold her against her will or begin to physically harm her as a control mechanism. I would not even put it past him to lock her or chain her to wherever they are staying.

I really hope she can find a way to leave him on her own before things get to that point.

Typically, these young victims don't leave on their own; they are found and rescued. Wherever you go today, look for these two. Print and post some flyers. Let's find her today!

Yes, I am aware of that. My point was that she was safe, on that day. The thought had crossed my mind that he could have harmed her immediately after taking her. Without these photos, we had no way of knowing she was still alive.

Our beloved passed WS poster Foxfire was always a big advocate that LE should use the public more and drop some of the old antiquated strategies.

Its funny you mention Foxfire - I have thought the same thing. Foxfire would be all over LE not releasing the sighting sooner.

According to family, she had recently bought a dress for her upcoming church confirmation. (IMO this could be for that.)

https://www.facebook.com/MissingHomelessOrg/posts/1850830878523753

She didn't even have enough clothes to last two days. This is what I meant by under-prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj