Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The attorney for the Thomas family said "she looks subservient to him, walking behind him, looking to him."

http://www.whas11.com/news/nation/m...-walmart-2-days-after-disappearance/427461158

TBI4_cropped_1490978265098_9095047_ver1.0.jpg

If they stay away from the major cities out here in the Southwest, they could hide for a long time. Lots of empty space around here.

My oldest son is a sergeant police officer in New Mexico and he knew about this kidnapping before I sent the story to him.

MOO, they chose still frames carefully to try to make their interactions appear uncomfortable or forced. But when you watch the video, all you see are two people calmly walking next to each other and chatting.

I am having a hard time taking this case seriously as some kind of kidnapping brainwashing crisis. I think it best that I go back to refraining from posting lest I get myself in trouble.

Here is a good definition of Stockholm syndrome. It may help to explain things. IMO, TC groomed ET for a probably a year before the kidnapping and now has her completely dependent on him for everything (the prior grooming cements this idea in the victims mind).

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Stockholm+syndrome

Jason Whatley, family attorney for the Thompson family ... said ... that Elizabeth reportedly told a friend that her and Cummins were planning to head West, but she didn’t specifically say where. The friend, whose name is undisclosed, indicated that Elizabeth said that someone was supposed to help “hide them,” but when the plan changed, they decided to head West.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...nd-she-and-tad-cummins-plan-to-head-out-west/

Thompson family? :moo:

Ps. The last name is THOMAS" one news station gets it wrong and now all of them have changed her last name

I wasn't insinuating he's not doing those things. I definitely think she's been manipulated so don't get me wrong. I have 2 girls who are happy to throw their hair in a ponytail and throw on some sweats and head out the door. Not all girls are into getting all gussied up.

She is really big into make up however she has always dressed like that. She doesn't "dress feminine" or "sluty" or "like she wants attention" that isn't who she is.

Well, here's how I see it. TC is taking an awful chance having them both in the same store together. Everyone is looking for two people, and there they are. He's much less likely to get noticed going in alone. Instead he brings her along. He does this because he can't control her when she's out of his sight, or he doesn't trust her. So he brings her along with him. Captors, especially those who have been trained to be sub, will smile and know how to be good so their captors treat them well. It can be hard for people who haven't either been through it, or worked with it, to understand. ET's upbringing taught her to be a submissive, and I'm using that term meaning exactly what it means. TC is a dominant control figure, it's why he got into teaching, it's why he was a bully to anyone his equal it's why he changed jobs often, and it's why he "likes 'em young" so to speak. I'm going to bet his wife was very kind, quiet, did what she was told and that they got married very young doesn't surprise me. So he's got guns and she's his property and I'm sure he's told her how to act What I see is her looking up at him like a dog does at a dog show to see if he's pleased. He's not looking at her, he's maintaining control. This is not on any level an equal relationship. Walk into a store with one of your friends, or your spouse and you'll turn your head and talk with them. It's what people who are truly with each other do, unless they're upset with each other. She's keeping open body language, but it's still protective in the way she's tight. Her hair is stringy and greasy, teens don't go out in public looking like that. They won't even go out with a pimple on their faces and the wrong makeup. Anyone with a teen daughter has had to suffer through a bad hair day when they child won't go out and has a complete meltdown over being seen without being perfect. So no, I don't get the "I'm on holiday with the man of my dreams" vibe. There's no touching, only very stiff movements and while it was great to see her alive and breathing, the detached look on her face frightens me.

Excellent!

Or if there's a new vehicle they don't want him to ditch it. LE would need public help to locate them. So I don't know. Target has cameras all over the parking lot with signs.

His wife filed for divorce today after 31 years of marriage. I wish she would have waited to make it very difficult for him to marry ET. Fight him every inch of the way take go to court sue him for everything if there is anything left except $17,000 judgement. Does Tenn need a signature from TC for divorce? I would hope she gets the house. I suppose he wouldn't have to pay spousal support since she works. CA is 50/50 state no matter whose fault. I wanted him to get arrested for bigotry. How fast can you be divorced in Tenn

Not sure about TN law, but IMO her atty may have suggested she put legal distance between herself/assets and TC before any lawsuits are filed by the victim's family. It may be possible she is trying to secure as many of the assets as she can into her name only. IMO it is mostly financially motivated and may be a sound decision considering she is the one completely responsible for the family now.

You can definitely rent hotel rooms with cash and no ID. I posted a couple threads back of some in OKC, the reviews were all horrendous. But non-chain rent by the week, night, hour hotels exist in every city. Especially OKC with all the interstate intersections. MOO

With video of her following him around Walmart, I think the chances of him being convicted of kidnapping is zero. The DA will never try to prosecute him for that.

Yes, they absolutely will, imo. She's 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's just the way the design on the back of his shirt blends in with the background.

I wonder if that could be a back brace under TC shirt or something like that? Would be a strange place to have a gun IMO.

Yes. ET doesn't "look older" for her age. She looks and acts very young and always has

ba293e04189efe2ea8d5155157bbf6f6.jpg

I searched the telephone number on the storefront and it's a chinese restaurant in Columbia, TN

She definitely looks young, there's no way I'd mistake her for an adult.

For those that think he's taking her to Hawaii, how do you theorize that they'll get there? TC is indeed an idiot but I don't think he's dumb enough to try to take her on an airplane.

A few things I would like to address :
He may have told her there would be hotels and swimming pools (we know a credit card would be needed, I doubt she did)
I believe she fantasized she was in love with him.. Once she was in his care, his "kind" armor began to crack. Not so
nice.
She was easy to manipulate as she had previous abuse at home and a mother that was less that nurturing,
I have an 18 year old niece on fire to get married.....and she did. Both working only part time living with her mom (no pregnancy yet) But they are in love remember (sarcasm)

My most important disclosure. Many years ago, before the internet a family member of mine (female) 14 years old ran off with a man 20 years her senior sight unseen. He sent her a train ticket and off she went. There was no abuse, just terrible poverty. In her 14 year old mind the letters he shared sounded like heaven. She arrived states away from her home, and he took her in and married her Basically her job was an unpaid nanny for his 7 year old child and housekeeper. Over the years he controlled her with ridicule and fear. No physical abuse just ridicule because she lived in a poor upbringing. This was a family member, and when I began to understand the emotional abuse she endured for 30 years I wept. I cried I was devastated. This occurred initially in 1950s, but an abuser choses a weak or vulnerable individual to prey on. She was promised a better life. It came with a price.
This young lady has been victimized just as my dear family member. It too comes with a price.

So sorry
It happened here again IMO

I wonder if TC purposely went to Walmart knowing that they have a certain amount of surveilance as another way to show the authorities that he cannot be told what to do. We know he did this with the school after they told him to stay away from ET. A narcissist will not stand for people telling them what to do. It flies in the face of everything they live for - control and power. The fact that not only does he make a minimal attempt to disguise (the hair color), but ET is wearing his shirt and that shirt has been in many photos. That right there is IMO is a direct message to LE and ET's family and the public, that he has made her his property and he is in control of this situation. In his distorted, juvenile mind, he may have thought that if he could show that ET was with him willingly (meaning he shows her freely following him in a Walmart) that would make people think they were any ordinary couple and the aspect of ET being in serious danger would be decreased or impeded. Narcissists are extremely cunning and they study people. They know how to present themselves in a way that puts people off guard or sways their thinking. TC may think that to the public he can show them looking like (in his diseased reality) that nobody needs to worry, because everybody can relate to a couple shopping like normal in Walmart. There are already too many people that want to believe ET went willingly and is in no danger so this reinforces that belief. To LE, he is IMO sending them a taunt, just like he did with the school because the narcissist in TC wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to show that he is superior and is operating right under their noses. Hopefully soon he will screw up. They always do because their ego has no bounds. IMO LE has a lot more info but for safety and strategic reasons cannot release it. I'm all in favor of that if that is the case.

He's going to run out of money eventually. I believe they be found before then though. After the past couple days, the word is out about the creepy teacher and the kidnapped girl so the noose just got a bit tighter for Tad. He'll make a mistake, if he hasn't already.
He wasn't smart enough to wipe his PC, he had to have left some clues on it. IMO.

I really hope ET knows deep down that this isn't her fault. She fell victim to TC who preyed upon her weaknesses as an abused and neglected child.

I wonder if TC purposely went to Walmart knowing that they have a certain amount of surveilance as another way to show the authorities that he cannot be told what to do. We know he did this with the school after they told him to stay away from ET.

I thought about this yesterday, thinking he went to Walmart to purposely show that he could do whatever he wanted. Then my mind wandered a little further and I wondered if he might have called in the tip (or had her do it)--with so much time, Oklahoma City wasn't really a geographic clue to where they are now.

I know it doesn't make sense to most of us, but unfortunately I am very familiar with how narcissists' minds work and I can see him doing it. :-( Praying daily for her safety and return to her family!!! (MOO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90