Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's how I see it. TC is taking an awful chance having them both in the same store together. Everyone is looking for two people, and there they are. He's much less likely to get noticed going in alone. Instead he brings her along. He does this because he can't control her when she's out of his sight, or he doesn't trust her. So he brings her along with him. Captors, especially those who have been trained to be sub, will smile and know how to be good so their captors treat them well. It can be hard for people who haven't either been through it, or worked with it, to understand. ET's upbringing taught her to be a submissive, and I'm using that term meaning exactly what it means. TC is a dominant control figure, it's why he got into teaching, it's why he was a bully to anyone his equal it's why he changed jobs often, and it's why he "likes 'em young" so to speak. I'm going to bet his wife was very kind, quiet, did what she was told and that they got married very young doesn't surprise me. So he's got guns and she's his property and I'm sure he's told her how to act What I see is her looking up at him like a dog does at a dog show to see if he's pleased. He's not looking at her, he's maintaining control. This is not on any level an equal relationship. Walk into a store with one of your friends, or your spouse and you'll turn your head and talk with them. It's what people who are truly with each other do, unless they're upset with each other. She's keeping open body language, but it's still protective in the way she's tight. Her hair is stringy and greasy, teens don't go out in public looking like that. They won't even go out with a pimple on their faces and the wrong makeup. Anyone with a teen daughter has had to suffer through a bad hair day when they child won't go out and has a complete meltdown over being seen without being perfect. So no, I don't get the "I'm on holiday with the man of my dreams" vibe. There's no touching, only very stiff movements and while it was great to see her alive and breathing, the detached look on her face frightens me.

Agree w this. Want to add as someone who was sexually abused and psychologically abused I was really a mess as far as dating. I was quite submissive and put up w all kinds of stuff now that has me scratching my head. I was so willing to give up so much of myself and my wants and needs to have that love and affection of males, I dated some real losers. I was lucky. That is all it comes down to. I could have been Elizabeth. People that have not experienced abuse have no idea how your mind operates. It changes your psyche so severely. Being a teen is hard enough, but being an abuse victim as a teen is a terrible hand to be given. It leaves you so vulnerable, especially if she was never given proper therapy and support prior to Tad getting his hands on her vulnerable mind. I still do not think she realizes what trouble she has gotten herself into with him. He saw her coming and knew all the right things to do, and like I said she is willing to lose so much of herself if only to feel wanted and "understood". I am so worried for this girl. I wish she knew there were so many women(and men) who have been where she was and have came out on the other side stronger and wiser. She does not need this man to be a complete human being who can live a complete and fulfilling life.

Agree w this. Want to add as someone who was sexually abused and psychologically abused I was really a mess as far as dating. I was quite submissive and put up w all kinds of stuff now that has me scratching my head. I was so willing to give up so much of myself and my wants and needs to have that love and affection of males, I dated some real losers. I was lucky. That is all it comes down to. I could have been Elizabeth. People that have not experienced abuse have no idea how your mind operates. It changes your psyche so severely. Being a teen is hard enough, but being an abuse victim as a teen is a terrible hand to be given. It leaves you so vulnerable, especially if she was never given proper therapy and support prior to Tad getting his hands on her vulnerable mind. I still do not think she realizes what trouble she has gotten herself into with him. He saw her coming and knew all the right things to do, and like I said she is willing to lose so much of herself if only to feel wanted and "understood". I am so worried for this girl. I wish she knew there were so many women(and men) who have been where she was and have came out on the other side stronger and wiser. She does not need this man to be a complete human being who can live a complete and fulfilling life.

I have to wonder if TC was abused as a child too because he's really messed up in the head.

I assume someone called in a tip 2 weeks ago and the TBI/FBI just recently found tape (understanding that they had a LOT of tips to week through)?

I agree. I think they have at least 3-4 videos from that Walmart and have had them for at least a week. They can control the screeshots and make them fit their narrative.. but almost have to release the video if they release the pictures. They think they'll lose some support because it doesn't look like he's dragging her around the store or pointing a gun at her. The average viewer will see them joking or smiling and think that he's a perv.. but she's in no danger. They also don't want to give TC and his attorney any evidence that can support his case.

I believe TBI thought he would be caught by now. After yesterdays false sighting and the backlash, I bet they said.. who cares.. let's release one of the videos and get this girl back even if it means a lighter sentence for TC.

What is the NG podcast?

Jason Whatley, family attorney for the Thompson family ... said ... that Elizabeth reportedly told a friend that her and Cummins were planning to head West, but she didn’t specifically say where. The friend, whose name is undisclosed, indicated that Elizabeth said that someone was supposed to help “hide them,” but when the plan changed, they decided to head West.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...nd-she-and-tad-cummins-plan-to-head-out-west/

Thompson family? :moo:

From the last thread wrt the hands in the sleeves thing. This is a very common practice with young females (and sometimes not so young).

My (now grown) daughter used to do the same thing, and so did all of her friends. I see it quite often in all kinds of situations. Kids at the mall, in theaters, walking down the street, et...I'm not sure why they do it, but it is quite common.
REALLY? I work in a lg retail store and it's not popular here. Leggings worn as pants with short tops are.

I brought this comment over from the last thread.

No disrespect toward her looks. Just I have 6 daughters and they shower, do their hair, and make-up 3 times a day! I was insinuating that she wasn't having a fun time.
In fact, she looks terrorized to me. I certainly hope not but she is with a dangerous individual who is possibly threatening her, abusing her, and she may not feel she has a way out.
For all we know he is telling her she will go to juvie till she is 18 if she gets caught. HE is manipulating her and I think she is a frightened little girl.
JMO

I'm with you 100%.

MOO, they chose still frames carefully to try to make their interactions appear uncomfortable or forced. But when you watch the video, all you see are two people calmly walking next to each other and chatting.

I am having a hard time taking this case seriously as some kind of kidnapping brainwashing crisis. I think it best that I go back to refraining from posting lest I get myself in trouble.

I find this post to be quite unfortunate. This little girl is in grave danger at the hands of a dangerous predator but the attitude here makes people feel it is less important to find her.

Let's be clear. Her sister explained that ET was scared of this guy and hid from him at work. Certainly she was conflicted.

And the TBI was very clear that this wasn't a "romance" but that ET is a victim in serious danger.

I wonder what many would say if her kills her?

You know ET was seriously abused previously in different ways and had been homeschooled for years until just a year or so before this kidnapping. She felt very insecure and ugly and had gone through a lot of family upheaval. She was also being bullied.

To act like this kid is somehow complicit in her own victimization is to know nothing about abused and exploited kids and the nuances to their behavior. Under the circumstances it is also quite offensive IMO.

from the link above...

Whatley pointed out that the plaid shirt Elizabeth wore to Walmart was Cummins’ shirt. He also pointed out that the teen’s hair looked unkempt and unwashed, meaning they likely are not stopping at hotels.

In my experience, when someone has been a victim of abuse, especially chronic abuse, they do everything they can to PLEASE. That's their way to try to avoid more pain. There's hyper vigilance towards the abuser. They are always wondering if that person is getting upset, if something they did or said is going to set them off. They are constantly aware of the other person, so they can be "good".

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

This. 1000x. It carries with you to other relationships too. When we first got together I would make my husband angry because I would get in my own head and keep asking him "What's wrong?" if his face ever looked solemn to me. He would tell me over and over nothing was wrong and ask me why I do that. I tried explaining to him that was all I knew and at first I think he had a very hard time understanding. I hate having someone upset with me. I thought if I upset someone then they won't love me. I have no doubt Tad is playing on her every insecurity. Oy I wish I could know where he has this sweet girl.

YES. Thank you. This is 100% true. And abuse victims can also form a codependency for their abuser. They can believe that the abuser is the only one who knows how to love them. (This is how abusers manipulate.) They can want their attention, even if it's abusive. They an defend them, put themselves in danger for them.

She might think she wants to be with him and that she loves him. She might think he is the only one who understands and loves her. She might even defend him after she is found. That does NOT make her less of a victim. In fact, it highlights the extreme trauma abuse has on people.

All this. ^^^

With that humongous age difference I can't imagine what their real world conversations are like other then what's your favorite movie and do you like Justine Bieber or Beyoncé. I really doubt they would talk politics.

Their conversations now most likely consist of just details of their next move and getting away.

People keep asking why it is taking so long to find them. IMHO, it is because they are on the move, never staying in one place for very long. They picked up a few food items at the WalMart in OK, and then they were off to who knows where. They have probably gone through 8 different WalMarts or grocery stores in the past 2 weeks, and spent no more than 15-20 minutes in each - not long enough for anyone to recognize them, call LE, and then for LE to get there. Very clever! But sooner or later, they will be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They'll be there just as an off-duty officer arrives to pick up a few things at the end of his shift. He's been lucky so far, but I predict that his luck will run out even before his money does.

IMHO.

:cow:

I agree. I think they have at least 3-4 videos from that Walmart and have had them for at least a week. They can control the screeshots and make them fit their narrative.. but almost have to release the video if they release the pictures. They think they'll lose some support because it doesn't look like he's dragging her around the store or pointing a gun at her. The average viewer will see them joking or smiling and think that he's a perv.. but she's in no danger. They also don't want to give TC and his attorney any evidence that can support his case.

I believe TBI thought he would be caught by now. After yesterdays false sighting and the backlash, I bet they said.. who cares.. let's release one of the videos and get this girl back even if it means a lighter sentence for TC.
I have no idea how many videos LE has from the Walmart. It could be more than 3 to 4. They may release more if they feel it is needed to get help from the public. Releasing it all at once would be overkill IMO.

I doubt LE is trying to manipulate evidence that can support a future defense.

JMO

I sure wish they can get at least one with the front of her face it would really help.

This. 1000x. It carries with you to other relationships too. When we first got together I would make my husband angry because I would get in my own head and keep asking him "What's wrong?" if his face ever looked solemn to me. He would tell me over and over nothing was wrong and ask me why I do that. I tried explaining to him that was all I knew and at first I think he had a very hard time understanding. I hate having someone upset with me. I thought if I upset someone then they won't love me. I have no doubt Tad is playing on her every insecurity. Oy I wish I could know where he has this sweet girl.

Thank You for sharing your experience. You are an inspiration. Yes one can overcome.

With that humongous age difference I can't imagine what their real world conversations are like other then what's your favorite movie and do you like Justine Bieber or Beyoncé. I really doubt they would talk politics.

Their conversations now most likely consist of just details of their next move and getting away.
I wouldn't be so sure. I was 15 not too long ago and my conversations weee a lot more in-depth then that. I talked politics and philosophy ect. They had to have talked and connected before this, to allow for the grooming ect

It amazes me that someone - at that perfect time - recognized them? How else would there be a sighting such as this?

Does anyone know how long Walmart retains video before it's deleted? Are there seriously cameras in every aisle?

I assume someone called in a tip 2 weeks ago and the TBI/FBI just recently found tape (understanding that they had a LOT of tips to week through)?

Would the sighting in Corpus Christi make sense a week later? I dunno if he'd chance a crossing at that late date.

The TBI spokesman has mentioned a few times on Twitter that they obtained the photos late Thursday based on a tip they received shortly before.

https://twitter.com/tbijoshdevine

I wish there was a way to see the friends list on ET's FB. I just wonder if there was anyone on there from the west coast. I'm going to bet whoever was going to "help" them was another young naive female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member