Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but my daughter & I always point out vacant homes or camping trailers that someone could squat in...here in Indiana there are a lot of campgrounds with permanent campers/trailer homes. They are used in warm weather, they could easily be squatting in a random places like that. I really don't think the people that live there Year round would be on the lookout for a kidnapper & victim.

Thank you everyone for posting in a polite manner.

Let's leave religion out of this. Unless someone can show me a reliable source religion has not been brought up by anyone in the know about this case.

Thank you,

Tricia

Bump.

Off topic but my daughter & I always point out vacant homes or camping trailers that someone could squat in...here in Indiana there are a lot of campgrounds with permanent campers/trailer homes. They are used in warm weather, they could easily be squatting in a random places like that. I really don't think the people that live there Year round would be on the lookout for a kidnapper & victim.
Yes. Instead of camping in a legitimate campground, maybe they are squatting on an abandoned farm or in a abandoned house.

There's not many abandoned homesteads around me in Sacramento but I recall seeing many on my road trip to Texas a few years ago.

I'm not sure what I think in those regards. He's christian which suicide in some religions would prevent one from going to heaven and atonement of sins would bring forgiveness?

Note: I'm not trying to debate religion I'm just mentioning what I think since he was pretty big on mentioning being a christian. And one thing I've learned in my long life is that one can have a belief and they will cross the line in one area but not another.
He is selective with the Ten Commandments he feels like following and plays it hard and fast with some of the teachings of Christ as well. He's broken most of the Ten Commandments at this point; adding murder to himself or--I am NOT going there----he may just not care about that one so much anymore, at least for himself. I am scared to death at this point, and this the first time I am admitting it.

<modnsip> Do you think he might try to say something along the lines of "God told me to take her"? This tad fella is a real piece of work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He certainly could have changed his mind but he googled a mattress fitting in the Rouge and not campers. I think this is why I'm thinking he hasn't bought a camper/trailer. But again I've been known to be wrong:).

All Rogue's matching the description should be looked at closely regardless.

Can you link the article that says he googled mattresses for the Rogue? I am sure I missed that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in WV and work with a guy that owns a cabin in a very remote area that he only uses during the summer months. I have been talking to him about it these last few weeks because I've felt from the beginning that's what they did. My coworker told me that he "winterized" the cabin and left in early October and won't be going to open it back up until mid May. He doesn't go to check on it during those months so someone could definitely be using it without his knowledge and he wouldn't know until he goes back there in May. Living in WV there is so many woods and cabins and campgrounds that they wouldn't be spotted right away if they were using these facilities.

Also, we went on vacation to a park/campground a couple years back in PA. Beautiful, nice, quiet place. We stayed in one of the cabins (which you have to rent) but there were people staying in tents. A lot of these places are only open from mid April until October so if they wanted to "break in" to one of the cabins, they are very nice. Full kitchen, beds with mattresses, ect. At the place we went the guest didn't really talk to each other, unless it's the occasional "hi" as your passing by so that would work to their advantage. There wasn't any cell phone reception until you got a few miles out of the park so if people have don't know about the AA they won't be seeing it on their phone while they are there. At this park they had bathrooms that were free to use as well as showers. They also had vending machines and a few other "luxuries." If they went this route they could shower and use the bathroom for free and also have access to snacks.

Side note- They had a Walmart within 8 miles of the place that I took full advantage of!

A week or so ago, we drove from Michigan to the south. Since CT was missing, I paid attention to vehicles along the way etc. And I couldn't help being awed about how many abandoned, boarded up houses with out buildings that we passed along the way. Some of them were fallen down dilapidated, but some by outside appearances were completely inhabitable (though obviously they wouldn't have running water and electricity).

I also had mentioned previously the possibility that they had stopped in Decatur for a used camping trailer or camper. In the Midwest, you see used campers for sale on every road.

Yes. Instead of camping in a legitimate campground, maybe they are squatting on an abandoned farm or in a abandoned house.

There's not many abandoned homesteads around me in Sacramento but I recall seeing many on my road trip to Texas a few years ago.

It doesn't even have to be abandoned property. Many people who own large tracts of land don't patrol their property on a regular basis. We only have 6 acres and I haven't the other side of the ridge for several years now due to lung issues.

It doesn't even have to be abandoned property. Many people who own large tracts of land don't patrol their property on a regular basis. We only have 6 acres and I haven't the other side of the ridge for several years now due to lung issues.

For sure. The abandoned house or outbuildings would provide additional refuge, but yes, there's so much private land and even public land where people rarely walk.

Her father spoke today:

"Elizabeth, that man may be telling you that nobody is looking for you or he may even be telling you that nobody wants you home. Don't listen to that. Everything he said to all the kids, not just to you, has been a lie."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-her-return-columbia-tree-planting/100017670/

To Tad:

"Tad Cummins I know you're keeping up with all this and you're filtering, you're not letting her see how much people out here love her... It would make better sense for you to turn yourself in to law enforcement. If you turn yourself in there are laws that will guarantee your general safety."

JMO
This is good that they tried to get a message directly to her.

I am sure TC is telling her all kinds of lies and scaring her about what will happen if they are caught.

She needs to know she will have a safe place to return to so that she can feel comfortable to call LE or contact someone about where they are.

I think this will really help and if it was my relative I would expand on this sort of direct messaging to her. I would let her know that she is not in any trouble at all and will get to stay with X and I would even let her know that if she doesnt want to go back to same school then we can find her an alternative school that she can pick.

Things like that I feel can really help her to understand that TC has been feeding her all kinds of lies by now. Just because he is in deep trouble doesnt have anything to do with any trouble she would be in. TC has most likely tried to convince her otherwise.

A REMINDER OF TC's MINDSET
He sent all the students out of the room with a lie so he could be with Destinay. She was going to sing him a song, but he sat down first and played, You're a Woman that a Man Could Love."
Very unfortunate the school did not see a problem and keep the students out of there...

Trying to think of anything I can do to eeek out any new information to help bring Elizabeth back home safely.

I combined all Instragram post captions, and time-sorted into local time zone and into a text messaging or iMessage-type of conversation format for people to examine for clues.

Version #1: Left justfied
https://pastebin.com/XUCbSzsv

Version #2: Left for Elizabeth, Right justified for TC
https://pastebin.com/bUs8Gbm4

Next version, when I have time, will be in the form of a regular webpage and include all posted photos along with captions and time stamps in local time zone.

Please let me know if it looks like made a mistake anywhere, since its on my free time, I tend to rush on getting it done.

Never giving up

A REMINDER OF TC's MINDSET
He sent all the students out of the room with a lie so he could be with Destinay. She was going to sing him a song, but he sat down first and played, You're a Woman that a Man Could Love."
Very unfortunate the school did not see a problem and keep the students out of there...

JMO
It is just incredible to me that the school did not have more boundaries and processes in place to prevent inappropriate behavior between faculty and students.

With all the recent news in the past ten years about issues with teachers and students it is mind boggling to me what we are hearing about this school and their handling of this teacher. It sounds like even when they were informed of possible issues they did little or nothing.

Its like they put their head in the sand and did practically nothing which allowed the inappropriate behavior to continue. Only when the law became involved it finally forced their hand to take action which resulted in his loss of employment.

ETA: To be fair they did remove her from his class before his loss of employment but IMO they had too lenient processes in place which allowed things to get out of hand in the first place. Their policies could have been much stricter and could have prevented a lot of trouble for everyone.

One thing I have always wondered about regarding this case.

Does anyone know what the forensics class that TC supposedly taught there was all about?

What exactly was that subject matter if anyone knows. I am not really sure it is what I thought it was. I have no idea what the curriculum of that class was. I am real curious if anyone knows what types of things he taught in that class.

<modsnip> Do you think he might try to say something along the lines of "God told me to take her"? This tad fella is a real piece of work.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

<modsnip>In this case what you are seeing there is probably just simply there to promote the idea he is trustworthy as he attempted to get a job teaching in a region where religiosity is associated with stability and sobriety. if he had been living in an east coast or west coast urban area he might have beefed up his CV with other social cues having nothing to do with religion but useful there in establishing himself as trustworthy or qualified through volunteer/civic involvement in a different way.

I personally don't think it is relevant to the crime in any substantial way.

The general curriculum should be easy enough to find. If you go to the school's website , you should be able to sleuth from there to find out what set of books may be used, who they order from. Most things like this are open to public to examine example- taxpayers in that area may want to see what is being offered to their children&#8203;. I can see my what books my own child uses, what the teachers manual looks like for that course and such.
These types of elective style classes are usually very very basic and nothing groundbreaking at all.

Does anyone know what the forensics class that TC supposedly taught there was all about?

What exactly was that subject matter if anyone knows. I am not really sure it is what I thought it was. I have no idea what the curriculum of that class was. I am real curious if anyone knows what types of things he taught in that class.

It was science (criminal) forensics. I shared links to the curriculum docs for the school earlier in the thread.

Forensics in High school is usually the debate team. Nothing to do with dead bodies.

Not to be confused with "Forensic medicine"

Google search for "forensic definition"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forensic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads