Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that TBI/FBI have more information about him than they have made known. The suggestion that they may be out west and also the suggestion to keep an eye on his friends and acquaintances is interesting. Most likely, Jill C would have the best idea of who those people may be. I hope that she has named anyone she can think of. JMO

For sure, there are 7 educators in my family including me. While this is the typical path to career tech certification, it's not the equivalent to education degrees that I and others possess.

Like many electives, the teacher would be responsible for educating themselves on the specific niche of forensics. I haven't heard any staff speak to how devoted he was to lesson prep/planning which might suggest how well he would know the subject.

I know when I taught electives, I read and prepped extensively. But we don't have any indication what he was like professionally as a teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure of the extent of his medical training. He went back to college later, IIRC. He was in the medical field and I'm not sure of the extent of his science classes in college.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If he had help, then these people would be helping harbor a fugitive and a kidnapping victim, whether they realize that or not. No skirting the law on that one technically.

IMOO.

Agree, but he is manipulative and maybe controlling person/person now using that as leverage on them. And they may not have known what they would be getting into. MOO

I'm not sure of the extent of his medical training. He went back to college later, IIRC. He was in the medical field and I'm not sure of the extent of his science classes in college.

Agreed.

One thing I have always wondered about regarding this case.

Does anyone know what the forensics class that TC supposedly taught there was all about?

What exactly was that subject matter if anyone knows. I am not really sure it is what I thought it was. I have no idea what the curriculum of that class was. I am real curious if anyone knows what types of things he taught in that class.

Someone posted early on that it is actually a debate class.

:wagon: Welcome Ran!

Great summary of the situation and I totally agree.

For those suggesting he has to find a community and/or individuals that would accept a 50 year old being in a relationship with a 15 year old, I think we need to realize also the alternative.

The last sighting was 3 weeks ago. They could have changed their appearance further and be presenting themselves as father/grandfather and daughter/granddaughter. Although they still might risk detection, they could cross that bridge when they come to it. If they are in a distant part of the country, with changed appearances, that might be fairly easy to pull off.

Not much. See page 17, 18 and 19 for his transcript for TSU (he transferred classes there from Columbia State County College)

And he didn't take additional classes at TSU until 2013, over 2 years AFTER he started as teacher in Columbia, TN.

https://www.scribd.com/document/342518237/Tad-Cummins-Personnel-file-Redacted

Thanks Crime Online for this article from yesterday, but we figured this out three weeks ago. (In fact, we have a user, michael.gartley who has already put more time and effort into decoding the infamous IG comminque than the TBI/FBI probably has. You might want to check out his pastebins.)

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/04/...-at-secret-underage-relationship-pervy-plans/

One genuinely interesting quote from the article I found was, "A spokesperson for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation told Crime Online they could not confirm that the Instagram account, which has 343 posts, belongs to the 50-year-old teacher."

Wha?? No question this is his account, why not just confirm it? IP addresses on the posts should match computer forensic results on other data from his devices, I'd think. These couldn't all have been posted from his (now missing) phone, the account goes back several years.

Does anyone know if he was on vacation in the last few years out west?

You know, I was thinking like in our city, there are places that he could park during the day, but the park closes at night, like Palmer Park. There are hiking trails and different places to park, with picnic benches, etc.
That could be one way they could be undetected in the daylight, if he visited areas such as the example I gave.

Just trying to brainstorm.

IMOO.

The problem is that we don't know much about what he likes to do or what type of places he likes to go.

Last night, I had a long conversation with my friend who recently went on a camping trip to southern California. I told her about Elizabeth and asked her a lot of camping-related questions, because I am NOT an experienced camper. Been there, tried that, HATED it. Someone mentioned the nice showers they have at some truck stops, and my friend confirmed that.

Anyway, we've discussed this before so I won't blather on and on.

We need to get the word out to the camping world and the trucking community everywhere from Texas to California. I don't know how to do it, but I might have some time to work on that this evening.

Someone posted early on that it is actually a debate class.

No. We found the curriculum guide for Tad's school and posted the link earlier in the threads. It is a science class about criminal forensics.

We need to get the word out to the camping world and the trucking community everywhere from Texas to California. I don't know how to do it, but I might have some time to work on that this evening.

People who may frequent back roads and such.

I google searched for "off roading forums" and got this list

pirate is by far the largest

https://www.google.com/#q=off+roading+forums

same for "camping forums"

https://www.google.com/#q=Camping+forums

so, the person who owns this forum should reach out to all the other forum owners on the v bulletin forum ( forum owners forum) and ask they post alerts! This would be the best, easiest way to accomplish this task. Good call

@Tricia ? thoughts?

I missed this little tid bit...how very odd to have a hospital bed in a high school classroom!

We need a Media Links and Timeline thread.

Not much. See page 17, 18 and 19 for his transcript for TSU (he transferred classes there from Columbia State County College)

And he didn't take additional classes at TSU until 2013, over 2 years AFTER he started as teacher in Columbia, TN.

https://www.scribd.com/document/342518237/Tad-Cummins-Personnel-file-Redacted
But with medical training and his classes, I can see him being qualified to teach a basic high school science class under their certification program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member