Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. He didn't teach science (and certainly not criminal forensic science!) in the traditional sense of the word. It was more of a votech thing for students interested in health related fields.
Some people said on earlier threads, when they homeschooled they taught their kids some basic forensics class. I'm guessing that was likely the same he did.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

who got schooled on it?
Again, people were wondering why he needed a hospital bed. The article was posted it was in the room for teaching purposes, which is what I said.

Right..

I'm not sure what my post about having the bed for teaching purposes has to do with blaming the school. I was saying what the article said.

I see no problem with blaming the school for not recognizing (or choosing to look the other way from) wildly inappropriate behavior from a teacher. The bed was in there for teaching purposes, but was used in inappropriate ways. I blame the school for being so blind...or worse...choosing not to intervene. At this pint w don't know which, but I'm seeing a pattern. JMO

I personally don't feel that I have enough background info to pounce all over the school for how they handled things. Others disagree with me, and that's fine. I'm just not sure we know the full story here.

JMO

I see no problem with blaming the school for not recognizing (or choosing to look the other way from) wildly inappropriate behavior from a teacher. The bed was in there for teaching purposes, but was used in inappropriate ways. I blame the school for being so blind...or worse...choosing not to intervene. At this pint w don't know which, but I'm seeing a pattern. JMO
The school is to be blamed for much, I have been blaming them for a long time.

People asked why he had a hospital bed. The article said there was a hospital bed in his classroom for something he was teaching.

I was thinking there were lessons in CPR done in his health class.

CPR can not be done on a bed. Even if the victim is in bed, they must be removed from the bed to the floor to perform CPR correctly. That's why in the video of TC's CPR lessons they are doing it on the floor.

I personally don't feel that I have enough background info to pounce all over the school for how they handled things. Others disagree with me, and that's fine. I'm just not sure we know the full story here.

JMO

I agree. When did they know and what did they know and how many times was something reported.

CPR can not be done on a bed. Even if the victim is in bed, they must be removed from the bed to the floor to perform CPR correctly. That's why in the video of TC's CPR lessons they are doing it on the floor.
I know how it has to be done. That doesn't preclude him from having a dummy on a bed so they can all see to show them certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by EA18G View Post
Someone posted early on that it is actually a debate class.
with a hospital bed in it?

a student reported seeing Elizabeth fast asleep on a bed that Cummins had in his classroom. He apparently had a hospital bed in his room for teaching purposes, but allowed Elizabeth the privilege of sleeping on the bed, alone in the room.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/2...ial-treatment/

I know how it has to be done. That doesn't preclude him from having a dummy on a bed so they can all see to show them certain things.

My husband had to take a class to learn how best to help his father get out of bed and into a wheel chair. There are things to learn I'm sure but my understanding CPR in a bed is not one of them.

ETA - This was training my husband how not to hurt himself among other things.

My husband had to take a class to learn how best to help his father get out of bed and into a wheel chair. There are things to learn I'm sure but my understanding CPR in a bed is not one of them.
I said WAY BACK maybe, maybe it was used for that.

I have no idea what he used the bed for with teaching, we know it was for his class.

Also, for someone teaching health sciences ( instructing students who are looking to enter health related fields), I don't think it is at all unusual to find a hospital bed in the classroom.

Let's remember, this wasn't a heart-shaped bed complete with magic fingers, a light dimmer and soft music option. LOL. It was a hospital bed.

The classes included more than just CPR. From the school's website:

2016/2017 Culleoka Unit School Course Offerings

Health Science Education p. 10
Health Science Education
Diagnostic Medicine
Rehabilitation Careers
Forensics
Work-Based Learning Practicum

Does anyone else have a hard time seeing this end happily? I'm really scared of a Bonnie and Clyde, "us vs them" mentality and with guns that turns ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
been following along with not much to contribute except frustration. Most of the info i can find says to contact the TBI, isn't the FBI actively involved as well?
I get concerned the TBI is telling the public to look specifically for those TN plates, I'm hoping this is strategic on their part and not just tunnel vision.
I seen a Nissan Rogue parked that had AZ license plates, i took a picture of it as I'm in one of those extreme western states, and have not made a tip to the TBI because they have been very specific
about the license plates.

I think generally even the FBI doesn't suggest reporting every sighting of a vehicle of that color, make & model. They just ask the public to report if the exact license plate is found or a similar car with different plates is seen being used by people who look like TC and/or Elizabeth.

Does anyone else have a hard time seeing this end happily? I'm really scared of a Bonnie and Clyde, "us vs them" mentality and with guns that turns ugly.

I'm not seeing that.
But not seeing it end quickly either.

Also, for someone teaching health sciences ( instructing students who are looking to enter health related fields), I don't think it is at all unusual to find a hospital bed in the classroom.

Let's remember, this wasn't a heart-shaped bed complete with magic fingers, a light dimmer and soft music option. LOL. It was a hospital bed.

It may not have been heart shaped but he was letting ET sleep on it. I'm sure her presence on the bed was not part of the curriculum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member