Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jobs they might be able to do: yard work, hauling, baby sitting, nannying, tutoring, house sitting, home repair...what else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to take away from the seriousness of this situation, but I can't help thinking of Thelma and Louise on the run and what they did when they needed money.

TBI's Top 10 Most Wanted Page:

https://www.tn.gov/tbi/section/tbis-top-10-most-wanted

Cannot wait for the status to change to "CAPTURED" on TC's pic.

Awesome!!

And if she ran away WITHOUT the older man..... responsible or not? I'm honestly not trying to minimize what TC did. I'm just curious as to where everyones limits start and stop on responsibility of different ages. I have my opinions on different crimes, some i'm harsher on than the majority, some i'm more lenient on... just gathering data. And again i'll state, i DO find TC negligent as an adult in this situation and totally F'd up...... i just like to delve into the psychology of the 'why's. We are going in circles on where they are/where they aren't..... until another lead develops thats all we have. The possibilities of figuring out the psyche of these two and where it MAY lead them.

If she ran away without TC, she ran away. There is no crime.

I'm not following here. Kids do dangerous things. There is a huge difference between a kid doing a dangerous thing of their own volition and a kid doing a dangerous thing because he or she was enticed and manipulated by an adult predator, to do a dangerous thing (like meeting a stranger form the internet, or getting in a car with a teacher who says they are going to go on an adventure), so that the adult can rape or assault the child. How is this not clear?

This is not "negligence" on the part of the 50 year old predator who spent months grooming a sheltered, and severely abused child, so he could molest her. It's willful. It's criminal. It's evil.

Using the term "negligent" to describe this dangerous criminal is text book minimization of his crime. And it is victim blaming. A negligent adult would be one who does something like leaving their wild teen alone for the weekend with the keys to the car and a houseful of alcohol. Or having an unsecured pool in the backyard that neighbor kids know about with no lock on the gate.

I'm frankly stunned that anyone would term this child molester as merely "negligent". My God.

And the psyche of "these two" is clear - an abused, vulnerable child desperately looking for stability, love and affection and a filthy, dangerous criminal looking to violate a young girl he is obsessed with.

One would think we are talking about two teens who ran off together to elope instead of a predator and his prey.

I'm one of those posters who is inclined to think ET did (at least initially) go with TC willingly. I also think her willingness might play a very important part in why they haven't been located yet. In other words, her mindset matters, imo. That said, she is 15 years old. That is still a child in the eyes of the law. 15 year olds don't just get to decide when they will leave home. And there's a damned good reason for that law being put in place. 15 year olds don't know jack about life (I could have said this more eloquently, but that's really what it boils down to in my opinion).

In terms of who is responsible for this whole mess, the blame gets put squarely on the adult's shoulders, imo. THAT is what makes ET the victim and TC the perpetrator.

Could he have credit cards in another name? (Identity fraud) Or could he have some in a version of her name & using her SS#? Hoping TBI would catch something using her info but what if he used the card to get cash prior to leaving...it would be great to know when he put the wheels in motion to leave. This would help us know how much advance planning & gathering took place. I know he has not worked since 2/6 but when did he actually start putting this in motion?

I'm one of those posters who is inclined to think ET did (at least initially) go with TC willingly. I also think her willingness might play a very important part in why they haven't been located yet. In other words, her mindset matters, imo. That said, she is 15 years old. That is still a child in the eyes of the law. 15 year olds don't just get to decide when they will leave home. And there's a damned good reason for that law being put in place. 15 year olds don't know jack about life (I could have said this more eloquently, but that's really what it boils down to in my opinion).

In terms of who is responsible for this whole mess, the blame gets put squarely on the adult's shoulders, imo. THAT is what makes ET the victim and TC the perpetrator.

Mr. Tad Cummins is the 50 year-old criminal wanted by the TBI. Ms. Elizabeth Thomas is the 15 year-old victim who needs to be rescued.

1 --- What could determine TC’s capture? Knowing the nature of their relationship, as they see it!
2 --- Does TC need to have total control? If TC has to exercise total control at all time, they have to be always together otherwise the victim escapes. The pictures of them together help.
3 --- Do they help each other while in the run? If ET could go by herself fetch food and water, people need to start watching a woman instead of a couple. Yes, ET is the victim … but if she went into this willingly, then they are more agile and will evade surveillance longer.
4 --- Why does it take so long? They are on the run for over 3 weeks. It is time to think differently.
5 --- Could it be the case that they move separately? May be it is time to look for a couple, albeit odd; look of a single man, perhaps looking much slimmer now; look for a single woman, perhaps looking much older now.
6 --- Could it be the case that they get help from a third person? A WS member suggested that such helper is probably a woman. In my view, it could be either gender. Assuming that a woman helps them, may be we should look for two women, one of which is the victim; perhaps, looking for a couple, the man being TC; or may be three persons moving around as an older couple with a grown daughter, perhaps at a Walmart store, again!

Let us see if our (TBI, sleuths, family members, etc.) collective mind is smarter than the combination of their two minds to resolve their mystifying disappearance.

We also forget that ET had a job. Now, I don't think she was "rolling in dough" working at Chick-Fil-A but she could have easily saved up a couple thousand dollars over the last few months. I know I saw somewhere the family said she left behind a paycheck but I have no doubt that TC had ET being more money along. I also believe he had more money than the $4,500 saved up for this. I would bet they have around $10,000 (give or take).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a couple thousand is quite a bit for a part time fast food worker.
that would be highly unusual to save that much.

One thing I haven't seen discussed at length is the statistics on how many times a day we appear on cameras in the US. There are sites that show statistics from 60 to 75 times per day on average. I'm not citing specific articles or results, etc. Most people can agree that we will be captured on camera multiple times per day. Traffic camera, toll road, gas station, restaurant, shopping, outdoors, parking lot, etc.

One would then ask, "Well, why haven't these two been spotted more than the one confirmed sighting at Walmart?" You might also include TC on camera fueling up the car.

In general, the recordings won't be reviewed unless there is some event that requires viewing them. Therein lies the problem. I'd wager a month's pay that they have been filmed multiple times and there is a good record of where they have been or passed through. It's a matter of time, and some luck, until they are tracked down.

And if TC, or any person that thinks they're helping these two "stay safe", or assisting them in some way, are reading.... You will get tracked down, and you will be found. Unless you're in a hole, cave, honeycomb hideout, or whatever, you can't stay hidden forever. You have to come to the surface at some point, and when you do, someone, somewhere will be waiting for you.

Has it been mentioned if there are any damage/stickers on the Rogue that would eliminate it from others on the highway? License plate cover thing (sorry don't remember term).

Thanks for catching those mistakes of mine. Sloppy copy/pasting on my part!

Elizabeth Thomas Instagram posts date, caption edited flag, and caption text (corrected link!)
https://pastebin.com/u0J8c0LQ

Tad Cummins Instagram posts date, caption edited flag, and caption text

https://pastebin.com/sBfFfDfX

Elizabeth Thomas Instagram posts liked by
https://pastebin.com/DfA8tHLR

Tad Cummins Instagram posts liked by (corrected link!)
https://pastebin.com/YgGCBcf7

Thank you so much for doing that. That's great sleuthing and a lot of brilliant effort. Much appreciated!

Great work, thanks!

This might sound a bit over the top for some, but all of the #strong #unbreakable #love crap on a daily or hourly basis is/was a form of brainwashing.

What's with this #imokay? He should have wrote #imasickpervthatcantstayawayfromchildren

#Barf

Ha ha! Right?

I think that's classic manipulation by an abuser. I see it in my DV cases. Child molesters do it too. They ensnare the victim by making the victim feel they are the only ones who can "help" the abuser. "I need YOU! You're the only one who can help me. I'm lost without you. I'm sick without you."

Thank you so much for doing that. That's great sleuthing and a lot of brilliant effort. Much appreciated!

Ha ha! Right?

I think that's classic manipulation by an abuser. I see it in my DV cases. Child
molesters do it too. They ensure the victim by making the victim feel they are the only ones who can "help" the abuser. "I need YOU! You're the only one who can help me. I'm lost without you. I'm sick without you."

BBM, yes, it's the young version of "my wife doesn't understand me but YOU do". Classic.

Wasn't another local reporter supposed to do a story with new info in it yesterday? Any word on that? I've been looking but haven't seen anything.

Yeah, TBI said "nothing of significance" which I highly disagree with as anything and everything that was purchased that day is a clue (and therefore "of significance" IMO). Have no idea why LE blew this off (at least to the media and public).
Even though it was weeks ago, I am confused too why they wouldn't give more updates on that sighting.

Car driven...items bought...the quantity of food items...

If they bought camp friendly items, they probably aren't camping out anymore near there, but we'd atleast know that's their plan. If they bought a gallon of ice cream..it would make for a different scenario imo. (Just an example, I clearly have a thing for ice cream)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Has it been mentioned if there are any damage/stickers on the Rogue that would eliminate it from others on the highway? License plate cover thing (sorry don't remember term).

I think the term is "dealer plates". One I saw this morning said, "Mike's Auto Sales." I could easily forge one of those in 15 minutes, but I have some graphics design experience. He had from Feb. 6 to March 13 to think of that and create it. IMHO, much easier than any other form of disguise and allows him to keep his existing, non-traceable vehicle. :cow:

Even though it was weeks ago, I am confused too why they wouldn't give more updates on that sighting.

Car driven...items bought...the quantity of food items...

If they bought camp friendly items, they probably aren't camping out anymore near there, but we'd atleast know that's their plan. If they bought a gallon of ice cream..it would make for a different scenario imo. (Just an example, I clearly have a thing for ice cream)

I keep hoping that the TBI and the FBI know more than they are letting on and are hot on the trail.

I would encourage people her to join the Facebook group "help find Elizabeth Thomas." It's the only one with that title. I can't figure out how to link to Facebook pages. Most of the posts come from her sister-in-law. There are a lot more photos, including one that shows her with many different hair styles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another day goes by and nothing. I wonder how ET's dad is coping. And TC's wife (who mind you, sort of pissed me off by divorcing him: this gives him -in his sick mind- permission to marry ET). I am not seeing the end of this one any time soon.

I keep hoping that the TBI and the FBI know more than they are letting on and are hot on the trail.
It really is the only reason, imo, to not give more of a public update. I hope so, too!

I really hope that's the case...it frustrates me so much to know that someone like TC is still outwitting LE and managing to stay on the run. Every day I get more worried about ET. This thing needs to end!

BBM, yes, it's the young version of "my wife doesn't understand me but YOU do". Classic.

Every human being, young or old, feels a certain level of stress with respect to decision making. Most adults, though, have a large pool of knowledge and life experience to draw from which helps reduce the stress of decision making. Children, not so much. In my mind, it's very easy to see how ET would be looking to TC to take the reins in this situation. And who knows what kind of nonsense he's filling her head with? Add to that the dynamics of her abuse history, and even the lines between loyalty and subservience can easily become blurred.

She needs to be brought home. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member